PDA

View Full Version : T500RS not recognized (as of today)?

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 09:38
For two days the Thrustmaster T500RS worked in the game (apart from some known issues) but today it does NOT work.

I'm on PS4.
The wheel calibrates when starting PS4 (as always)
The wheel calibrates when starting ProjectCars (as before)

From then on: nothing, none of the buttons / paddles work, no reaction when pressing pedals, nothing at all. The red mode light is on.
Wheel does not appear in the Controls (it did the days before).
I restarted three times (game and PS), unplugged and re-plugged etc... no reaction whatsoever...

Did you guys disabled the wheels while working on the issues maybe ?

Help please !!!

Edit: works perfectly on PS3 and GT6 for the moment...

Kamikaze_Urmel
09-05-2015, 09:42
For two days the Thrustmaster T500RS worked in the game (apart from some known issues) but today it does NOT work.

I'm on PS4.

From then on: nothing, none of the buttons / paddles work, no reaction when pressing pedals, nothing at all. The red mode light is on.
I restarted three times (game and PS), unplugged and re-plugged etc... no reaction whatsoever...

Help please !!!

Can you try to connect it to a Windows-PC to see if it is recognized there? It could be an issue with the Wheel.

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 09:54
Yes, woks fine...

Kamikaze_Urmel
09-05-2015, 10:04
Yes, woks fine...

Did you use the Thrustmaster Software to test it? Did you try to update the firmware [through the Trustmaster Software]?

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 10:14
I checked two days ago for firmware update, but I had the most recent installed.
I tested it then, and also recalibrated my TH8A because I changed the throw of my seq plate.
Worked perfect two days ago and yesterday and today: nothing :apologetic:

Kamikaze_Urmel
09-05-2015, 10:22
I checked two days ago for firmware update, but I had the most recent installed.
I tested it then, and also recalibrated my TH8A because I changed the throw of my seq plate.
Worked perfect two days ago and yesterday and today: nothing :apologetic:

Very strange :confused:

Thing is I don't play on PS4 myself, someone who is playing on PS4 aswell might be able to help you better than I from here on...sorry:(

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 11:28
Thanks for thinking along anyway !

And it appears miracles exist: after racing in GT6 for a while, I really got bored, hooked the wheel back to the PS4, started Project Cars and it works again !
Maybe it also disliked the GT6 physics and wanted to go the right way again...:glee:

But still: I hope this does not happen again, and it would be nice to see the other T500RS issues addressed upon...

phildenty
09-05-2015, 11:32

I'm on PS4.

Help please !!!

Edit: works perfectly on PS3 and GT6 for the moment...

Hi
I had the same problem this morning.....what i did to solve it was turn off the PS4 and restarted the wheel then worked fine....when I first started the PS4 the wheel didn't work at all same as you....I hope this helps

Fanapryde
09-05-2015, 12:10
That did not help for me, tried it several times.
Thinking back about it: before my last try, I did eject the game disk and put it back in... Forgot to mention that.

tonyang
09-05-2015, 12:11
As a newcomer from China, I just got Project Cars today. I have t500rs and th8a to play it on ps4, but many problems.
First, t500rs can't be recognized very well, after many times plugs and unplugs, it worked.
But then, I found th8a seemed not be recognized well too. H pattern not work well, especially from high gears to low gears, for example, when I decrease it from 6 to 2, it always displays gear 3 or 4.
And whatever clutch setting yes or not, it always can change the gears automatically.
There must be something wrong. Could you pls help me to know how to resolve it, or how to change the setting?
Thank you very much.

phildenty
14-05-2015, 15:18
Hi me again

Another problem to report now.....when first turned on the wheel spins as per normal but instead of being dead centre EG the red band being upright and and inline with the casing of the main body of the wheel its now about 20 degrees to the left and I'm finding it impossible to drive like that.....can't keep any vehicle in a straight line.....I plugged the wheel back into the PS3 hoping GT6 would fix it.....it didn't...I have contacted Thrustmaster Support to see if they can shed any light on this issue....I will update you on any solutions they come back with

Fanapryde
14-05-2015, 19:33
Hi me again

Another problem to report now.....when first turned on the wheel spins as per normal but instead of being dead centre EG the red band being upright and and inline with the casing of the main body of the wheel its now about 20 degrees to the left and I'm finding it impossible to drive like that.....can't keep any vehicle in a straight line.....I plugged the wheel back into the PS3 hoping GT6 would fix it.....it didn't...I have contacted Thrustmaster Support to see if they can shed any light on this issue....I will update you on any solutions they come back with
My T500RS does that on a regular base in PCars. Unplugging and replugging does the trick.
But tbh, I'm getting tired of al this trickery. To do this, I have to get out of my seat each time and it is becoming pretty tiresome...

ktm2170
16-05-2015, 03:35
has anyone had issues with calibrating the pedals - they are reversing themselves. clutch is accelerator and vise vesa

Fanapryde
16-05-2015, 06:38
has anyone had issues with calibrating the pedals - they are reversing themselves. clutch is accelerator and vise vesayou may have accidentally reversed them by pushing the MODE button. If the light is green, that is what happened (if you have the pedals in F1 style)
In that case: push and hold the MODE button for 2" (?) and the light will turn red again.

Delano1977
02-01-2016, 19:49
Hello,

can anybody help me .... i bought a t500rs for a low price because it was dead , after the boot/firmware it's alive

when i connect it too the ps4 , and start the game projectcars , it's calibration , but when i need too press x , too start the game nothing happens ?

what can i do ?