PDA

View Full Version : The final straw its getting traded

ferrari jason
09-05-2015, 09:55
Ive put up with the sound glitches vad handling etc etc But this morning a new problem , I`m quite happy working my way up through the karting classes but the game now randonlly crashes and sends the xbox into reboot mode . it`s that bad I cant finish a race

vimfuego
09-05-2015, 10:11
The biggest disappointment for me is we've had delay after delay to supposedly work the bugs out of the system. It seems to me the consoles were an afterthought and all the development went into the PC version.

Scav3nger
09-05-2015, 10:19
Forza 5 still crashes to this day. I have more faith that Project CARS will get fixed over Forza 5.

Unfortunately we (the community testers) weren't able to apply the same testing to the console versions as we did for the PC version. There were bound to be unexpected issues, its just unfortunate they are so bad that they are affecting people's enjoyment of the game.

Archenemy300
09-05-2015, 10:39
Forza 5 still crashes to this day. I have more faith that Project CARS will get fixed over Forza 5.

Unfortunately we weren't able to apply the same testing to the console versions as we did for the PC version. There were bound to be unexpected issues, its just unfortunate they are so bad that they are affecting people's enjoyment of the game.

I cant belive you are admitting less time has gone into making project cars for consoles. How do you think we feel paying £50 for game that is almost unplayable and full of faults? Saying its unfortunate is just not good enough. Releasing a game knowing these faults exist is just not on. Id rather this hame had not come out for the xbox if its never going to run properly. Yes patches are called patches to fix small errors which i can deal with. This needs a big fix. Read the reviews on amazon. Most people are trading or refunding there games. You have dissapointed many xbox owners who have been waiting for this game.

Bryer
09-05-2015, 10:44
I haven't had the game crash once on me on the Xbox One. I have the game installed to a USB hard disk and this seems to separate me from a lot people reporting issues with crashes. I'm not defending the game, however all these reports of the game crashing seem to be related to people running it off the internal hdd, this could be a Microsoft firmware/operating system issue due to the stress levels being placed on the console.

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 10:53

Unfortunately we weren't able to apply the same testing to the console versions as we did for the PC version. There were bound to be unexpected issues, its just unfortunate they are so bad that they are affecting people's enjoyment of the game.

"There were bound to be unexpected issues"

Ummm no, you release a game with no issues, that is what the consumer pays for. We don't pay for a game which is broken, its as simple as that.

Scav3nger
09-05-2015, 13:06
I cant belive you are admitting less time has gone into making project cars for consoles.

I'm not admitting anything because I'm not in a position to. I'm not a part of SMS so don't take what I'm saying as a quote from the developer. It's all my personal opinion. I'm only saying that, as a backer, I wasn't able perform the same testing role for the console version of the game as I was for the PC version for the simple reason that it just wasn't possible. Consoles are closed platforms making any form of crowd sourced testing impossible. That's what makes it an unfortunate situation where the same level of testing we applied to PC version was not able to be applied to the consoles.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 13:11
Let's not jump to false conclusions guys. We paid for many months of testing on consoles with external professional testing houses. We built console versions daily and tested internally. Namco had a substantial internal QA process on both consoles and finally, Microsoft and Sony both tested extensively to clear the game.

The controller issue did not come up in any of these tests and we suspect it's a retail version anomaly affecting some people.

Rest assured it's our number one priority at the moment. Our main issue is that we are struggling to replicate it on our development kits but we will find a solution and get a patch out as soon as we fix it.

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 13:13
Let's not jump to false conclusions guys. We paid for many months of testing on consoles with external professional testing houses. We built console versions daily and tested internally. Namco had a substantial internal QA process on both consoles and finally, Microsoft and Sony both tested extensively to clear the game.

The controller issue did not come up in any of these tests and we suspect it's a retail version anomaly affecting some people.

Rest assured it's our number one priority at the moment. Our main issue is that we are struggling to replicate it on our development kits but we will find a solution and get a patch out as soon as we fix it.

Finally, someone who actually works for SMS! What about the frame rate/ graphical issues, are you aware of how these are almost game breaking?

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 13:18
Finally, someone who actually works for SMS! What about the frame rate/ graphical issues, are you aware of how these are almost game breaking?

You say finally, this is day two of the forum, it's a Saturday and this is my 14th post :) Tough crowd!

We've already found 4% more performance on Xbox and are still tinkering. But game breaking it isn't. What is a problem is that some users are experiencing freezes/lag when braking and the rumble effect kicks in. This is also our top priority.

Trousy
09-05-2015, 13:27
Ian, I am a web developer and i can't believe that the issue has not reared its head in testing. I just dont believe that. How can the whole of the forums have the issue (the controller topic has 20 pages) and you cant replicate it?

And as for it being a saturday. Your game was released yesterday. I paid £65 for it and it doesnt work. I have a thread in the general section asking where i can get a refund as GAME won't refund me. Can you answer that for me.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 13:32
Ian, I am a web developer and i can't believe that the issue has not reared its head in testing. I just dont believe that. How can the whole of the forums have the issue (the controller topic has 20 pages) and you cant replicate it?

And as for it being a saturday. Your game was released yesterday. I paid £65 for it and it doesnt work. I have a thread in the general section asking where i can get a refund as GAME won't refund me. Can you answer that for me.

Don't call me a liar please.

If we had the ability to refund you we'd happily do so. We earn about 10 pounds from your game purchase for example, in about three months time. Maybe this helps explain the logistical difficulty we'd have refunding you. I have no idea why GAME won't refund you. I really wish they would.

LER ODDBALL
09-05-2015, 13:37
Nice to see a member of the dev team on the forums fielding questions, Turn 10 please take note!

Nick Claydon
09-05-2015, 13:40
Nice to see The big boss on the forums fielding questions, Turn 10 please take note!

Fixed that for you ;)

Trousy
09-05-2015, 13:42
GAME wont refund me because it is open. They have a policy of only offering preowned prices once opened.

You should be refunding all XBOX customers and stop all xbox sales.

Don't call me a liar please.

If we had the ability to refund you we'd happily do so. We earn about 10 pounds from your game purchase for example, in about three months time. Maybe this helps explain the logistical difficulty we'd have refunding you. I have no idea why GAME won't refund you. I really wish they would.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 13:44
GAME wont refund me because it is open. They have a policy of only offering preowned prices once opened.

You should be refunding all XBOX customers and stop all xbox sales.

Many Xbox players aren't having the issue. As per my other thread, please change your deadzone to zero and report back if that fixes the issue.

Trousy
09-05-2015, 13:48
That doesnt fix it. its well documented if you read the posts.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 13:49
That doesnt fix it. its well documented if you read the posts.

I am reading them. What's with the attitude Trousy?

As I say, throw me your receipt and details and I'll transfer you the cash personally, now.

Trousy
09-05-2015, 13:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmvwDjWLSw

Watch this

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 13:50
You say finally, this is day two of the forum, it's a Saturday and this is my 14th post :) Tough crowd!

We've already found 4% more performance on Xbox and are still tinkering. But game breaking it isn't. What is a problem is that some users are experiencing freezes/lag when braking and the rumble effect kicks in. This is also our top priority.

I would say it is game breaking in certain circumstances, the first kart race in career on Glencairn is shockingly bad and the game is almost unplayable at that point. Generally the game runs fine on tracks with not much going on ie. no stands, or no other cars... but add weather to the mix, tight corners, other cars and the game suffers terribly, which is a shame, mainly because the weather effects look awesome.

At the moment the only way to get the game running relatively smoothly is to drive on a track with no other cars and have the weather set to clear.

Trousy
09-05-2015, 13:50
Im not going away. If i gave one of my clients a website in this state i would be out of a job.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 13:51
Im not going away. If i gave one of my clients a website in this state i would be out of a job.

You don't want to accept a refund?

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 13:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmvwDjWLSw

Watch this

Oh dear. How can I put this. We are aware of the issue and it's our top priority. It only affecting a small minority. We are struggling to replicate it on dev kits which are subtly different to retail kit. But as I have said three times now we will fix it and issue a patch ASAP.

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 13:54
Can you just answer this, will you ever be able to get the game to run at a steady 30FPS via patch?

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 13:57
Many Xbox players aren't having the issue. As per my other thread, please change your deadzone to zero and report back if that fixes the issue.

One of the big problem is that, one xbox one, at 50% of the joystick, the steering is already a 100%, causing hypersensitivity! I have the xbox one version and the pc version, and when i play on the pc version with my xbox one controller, it's a different fell, muche better, the joystick need to go to 100% to fully steer (normal), but on xbox it's reacts way too quick (with the yellow indication bar, it's revelant!)

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 13:59
Can you just answer this, will you ever be able to get the game to run at a steady 30FPS via patch?

The game runs at 60 FPS 95% of the time. Under heavy usage it's pretty much always above 30. We could consider a lock at 30 if it's what the majority would prefer.

Sir Green Day
09-05-2015, 14:00
You WERE able to test consoles.

SMS just CHOSE to totally ignore the consoles during testing.

Its obvious that SMS has a bias towards PC gamers. Huge mistake

Scav3nger
09-05-2015, 14:01
One of the big problem is that, one xbox one, at 50% of the joystick, the steering is already a 100%, causing hypersensitivity! I have the xbox one version and the pc version, and when i play on the pc version with my xbox one controller, it's a different fell, muche better, the joystick need to go to 100% to fully steer (normal), but on xbox it's reacts way too quick (with the yellow indication bar, it's revelant!)

It appears that there's differences in the input on a software level on the console itself. I've also had that using the exact same mode and settings across PC and Xbox and get the same differences. Perhaps get your good PC settings and half the values for the Xbox settings and see if that works?

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 14:02
You WERE able to test consoles.

SMS just CHOSE to totally ignore the consoles during testing.

Its obvious that SMS has a bias towards PC gamers. Huge mistake

We absolutely did not. Please search my posts today and yesterday for details of the extensive testing we carried out.

Rednev
09-05-2015, 14:07
Ian, I too am suffering stearing issues with the Xbox1 controller. I have partially fixed this by looking at the posts and adjusting my settings accordingly. I consider myself a casual console gamer. Played mainly playstation from TOCA in 1997 to GT6. Plus all the Forza series, I now have an xbox1. I can now lap Cadwell, Oulton & Donnington in a GT3, but not as accurate as I should. This game will be awesome. Please keep us posted on any tweets that can be applied and when a fix will be ready.

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 14:08
It appears that there's differences in the input on a software level on the console itself. I've also had that using the exact same mode and settings across PC and Xbox and get the same differences. Perhaps get your good PC settings and half the values for the Xbox settings and see if that works?

I've tried many settings, but nothing works clearly, i have no feelings in the car on xbox one, always afraid of what's gonna happen when touching the joystick. On pc with the same controller the feeling is realy good so..
Look at this, on Xbox one, when i'm speaking of 50% of the joystick to get full steering, it's more like 30%:

Trying the same thing on pc:

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 14:09
Ian, I too am suffering stearing issues with the Xbox1 controller. I have partially fixed this by looking at the posts and adjusting my settings accordingly. I consider myself a casual console gamer. Played mainly playstation from TOCA in 1997 to GT6. Plus all the Forza series, I now have an xbox1. I can now lap Cadwell, Oulton & Donnington in a GT3, but not as accurate as I should. This game will be awesome. Please keep us posted on any tweets that can be applied and when a fix will be ready.

Shall do Rednev. When we ship a fix for this we'll also include a small but worthwhile 4% or more improvement in performance.

The track team are also busy on optimising any remaining framerate issues in problem areas.

Nick Claydon
09-05-2015, 14:17

Take note people, this is the correct way to behave in a forum where you have the unique experience of being able to interact with the Devs. You will gain much more respect and a hell of a lot more help when you need it.

Sir Green Day
09-05-2015, 14:26

Wow!

So you, the head of SMS, is actually saying that NONE of these issues reported in hundreds of threads in tons of forums, were seen during testing?

So either,

Your testers, who we all know are PC gamers, were either,

1. Clueless on how to test console versions. or,

2. They just didn't care about consoles and thus, just gave a quick "Thumbs up" without really caring.

Then you have the gall to blame the problem on faulty retail versions. Really?

So, all of the console players just happened to get a defective retail copy of the game? No way.

It obvious that SMS has a clear bias against console gamers. Its disgusting.

I live in the US. You heard of us? The country with the greatest number of gamers in the world. You made a stupid decision to delay the release of your game a full week behind the rest of the world. Now, you've let millions of potential customers see how broken your game is. You've lost a whole bunch of customers.

I was really looking forward to this game. I've been a gamer over 35 years and racing is my favorite genre. This game appeared to be the perfect racing game.

There is NO WAY I will buy this game now, and your post just cemented this decision.

Its obvious the console version of your game is broken. Period. But I still had hopes you would patch it. But after reading your comments, its obvious this isn't the case. You're making excuses instead of owning the problems.

I will go as far as saying your comments about the testing phase of the game not showing any of these problems, an outright lie.

The proof? Many of your WMD Portal members have publicly stated in these forums, that they had no access to the console versions of the games during the years of testing. So, how were all of these issues "not seen" when nobody was testing the game?

This game was 4 years in development. Delayed several times, and its still unplayable on consoles. If you haven't seen, much less, fixed, these bugs by now, you never will.

Its a sad day when the head of a dev has to post on a forum and make excuses for his game.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 14:29
Wow!

So you, the head of SMS, is actually saying that NONE of these issues reported in hundreds of threads in tons of forums, were seen during testing?

So either,

2. They just didn't care about consoles and thus, just gave a quick "Thumbs up" without really caring.

So, all of the console players just happened to get a defective retail copy of the game? No way.

I live in the US. You heard of us? The country with the greatest number of gamers in the world. You made a stupid decision to delay the release of your game a full week behind the rest of the world. Now, you've let millions of potential customers see how broken your game is. You've lost a whole bunch of customers.

I was really looking forward to this game. I've been a gamer over 35 years and racing is my favorite genre. This game appeared to be the perfect racing game.

There is NO WAY I will buy this game now, and your post just cemented this decision.

Its obvious the console version of your game is broken. Period. But I still had hopes you would patch it. But after reading your comments, its obvious this isn't the case. You're making excuses instead of owning the problems.

I will go as far as saying your comments about the testing phase of the game not showing any of these problems, an outright lie.

The proof? Many of your WMD Portal members have publicly stated in these forums, that they had no access to the console versions of the games during the years of testing. So, how were all of these issues "not seen" when nobody was testing the game?

This game was 4 years in development. Delayed several times, and its still unplayable on consoles. If you haven't seen, much less, fixed, these bugs by now, you never will.

Its a sad day when the head of a dev has to post on a forum and make excuses for his game.

It's a sad day when we/I acknowledge a bug and state it's a top priority for us to fix?

I respectfully disagree.

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 14:30
Shall do Rednev. When we ship a fix for this we'll also include a small but worthwhile 4% or more improvement in performance.

The track team are also busy on optimising any remaining framerate issues in problem areas.

This is good news, however i'm not holding my breath the frame rate issues will be resolved because to this day i've never known a game to have its frame rate patched...

I reckon the floodgates of criticism will open when the game is released in the US... brace yourselves.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 14:31
This is good news, however i'm not holding my breath the frame rate issues will be resolved because to this day i've never known a game to have its frame rate patched...

I reckon the floodgates of criticism will open when the game is released in the US... brace yourselves.

You might have missed my posts stating we've already found 4% more performance. This will be in the next patch.

NVI0U5
09-05-2015, 14:35
And thats why Devs dont go online, you have balls in fact really big balls, bigger balls than other game devs. Kids these days will find anything to pick on, I have suffered will all of the usual complaints, what timeframe are we looking at getting a patch out to rectify the game?

Moyn12
09-05-2015, 14:36
Im having issues on Xbox One whereby the game speeds up or slows down, usually in corners and feels like lag/stutter. It's minor but it's enough to ruin the game for me. When in a corner trying to hug a line and the problem occurs I end up crashing out. Also had a few system crashes, steering locking and other bugs.

A big shame. Any tips to help the stutter?

Trousy
09-05-2015, 14:37
Wow!

So either,

My point exactly. If this bug wasnt found before going on sale which you say is the case you need to sue whoever did your testing.

returnofjim
09-05-2015, 14:40
The game runs at 60 FPS 95% of the time. Under heavy usage it's pretty much always above 30. We could consider a lock at 30 if it's what the majority would prefer.

Whatever happens do not lock it to 30fps, I hardly notice the FPS drop. A game running at 60 FPS 90% of the time is better than one running at 30fps 100% of the time!

Bobbydakid
09-05-2015, 14:42

I've also never known a game where the head of the studio actually comes out and replies to forum posts. Look at the Forza forums, people have been moaning since day one yet the game is the same a year later apart from some DLC.

I wish more games took the Project Cars approach to its customers, you can tell from his posts Ian is just a regular guy trying to make a great game.

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 14:44
Whatever happens do not lock it to 30fps, I hardly notice the FPS drop. A game running at 60 FPS 90% of the time is better than one running at 30fps 100% of the time!

Haha you're either blind or you was one of the people who supposedly tested this game on console, all you have to do is look around the forum to see the high number of people having slow down issues.

This game doesnt run at 60FPS 90% of the time, Digital Foundry proved that. This game cant run at 60 FPS with a track full of cars...

If you wanna see slowdown, go to solo mode, Glencairn and have a race with a track full of karts, its laughable.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 14:46
Haha you're either blind or you was one of the people who supposedly tested this game on console, all you have to do is look around the forum to see the high number of people having slow down issues.

This game doesnt run at 60FPS 90% of the time, Digital Foundry proved that. This game cant run at 60 FPS with a track full of cars...

Let's be pleasant to each other chaps.

DF ran mainly stress tests in worst case scenarios.

returnofjim
09-05-2015, 14:50

If you wanna see slowdown, go to solo mode, Glencairn and have a race with a track full of karts, its laughable.

Well the only time I have noticed major fps drop is on a race at brands hatch with 30 cars and rain. Game was still playable. I dont know if it makes any difference but I play on either a 55" W8 and W9 sony bravia displays.

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 14:50
Let's be pleasant to each other chaps.

DF ran mainly stress tests in worst case scenarios.

Oh i am being pleasant, i don't mean to offend, and yes they where the worst case scenarios, however those scenarios are the best, a track full of cars racing through the night during a thunderstorm...

The main issue for me is the slowdown, other than that the game is incredible. I've never played a car game with such different variety of handling from different cars, it really is incredible. The tracks too are amazing, its just a shame the game wasn't polished enough before it was released.

MonkeyCH
09-05-2015, 14:51
... it's a retail version anomaly affecting some people.

Youre joking? Some poeples?! Everyone (!) playing with the ONE pad has this issues. Why the heck do you only use about 30-40% of the available stick ranges for steering. A full wheel turn is reached if we move the stick about 30-40% to one side. This is crap and results in unplayable behavior of the car. So the car breaks out by just much to fast direction changes by the stick. Pleas let us sue the full stick range for steering. This alone will make it much better.

Why does the PS4 pad behave much better (different) as the ONE pad? There is a serious bug in the ONE Pad implementation and until this is fixed, the games isn't well playable on the ONE!

Archenemy300
09-05-2015, 14:52
Why doesnt someone at wmd go buy an xbox and play it? Simple start. Try brands hatch in a rs500 with overcast weather. Then tell us the game is ready for retail. Shockingly bad. This should be removed from the game shop shelves. Charging £50 for a game in this state is a joke.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 14:52
Oh i am being pleasant, i don't mean to offend, and yes they where the worst case scenarios, however those scenarios are the best, a track full of cars racing through the night during a thunderstorm...

The main issue for me is the slowdown, other than that the game is incredible. I've never played a car game with such different variety of handling from different cars, it really is incredible. The tracks too are amazing, its just a shame the game wasn't polished enough before it was released.

I posted somewhere else (can't find it right now sorry) but we've already added 4% overall to XBox performance and we're squeezing it until it squeaks to get more out of it.

Also the track team are hard at work optimising the worst problem areas remaining.

returnofjim
09-05-2015, 14:53
Compared to any of the Battlefield games the developers have done a good job at getting the game ready for release :)

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 14:54
Youre joking? Some poeples?! Everyone (!) playing with the ONE pad has this issues. Why the heck do you only use about 30-40% of the available stick ranges für steering. A full wheel turn is reached if we move the stick about 30-40% to one side. This is crap and results in unplayable behavior of the car. So the car tdoes breaks out by just much to fast direction changes by the stick.

Why does the PS4 bad behave much better (different) as the ONE pad? There is a serious bug in the ONE Pad implementation and until this is fixed, the games isn't well playable on the ONE!

They don't.

We're seeing those who downloaded the digital version having much less of an issue. We're seeing those who have properly patched having less issues.

Please set deadzone to zero and ensure you've added the release day patch. It doesn't fix everything but it helps.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 14:54
Why doesnt someone at wmd go buy an xbox and play it? Simple start. Try brands hatch in a rs500 with overcast weather. Then tell us the game is ready for retail. Shockingly bad. This should be removed from the game shop shelves. Charging £50 for a game in this state is a joke.

We did just this yesterday when we heard of the issues.

Whyte46
09-05-2015, 14:56
Looks like GAME will be getting a lot of trade ins' this weekend !

Tried playing the karting career - steering keeps locking when cornering, the graphics are a massive let down as is the car handling.

Probably explains the lack of a demo prior to release.

Archenemy300
09-05-2015, 15:01
We did just this yesterday when we heard of the issues.

Are you honestly saying it was your first time playing project cars on the xbox one on the day of release?

Gooseone
09-05-2015, 15:02
They don't.

We're seeing those who downloaded the digital version having much less of an issue. We're seeing those who have properly patched having less issues.

Please set deadzone to zero and ensure you've added the release day patch. It doesn't fix everything but it helps.

Please also make sure you have your latest controller updates installed, there are also improvements reported when the controller is hooked up with a cable.
Setting Force Feedback to 0 can also help with lagging/ stuttering issues until there's a fix.

NVI0U5
09-05-2015, 15:06
The release day patch was the 400mb update wasnt it? I remember racing and got kicked out of a game to download it ;)

Dazza
09-05-2015, 15:07
guys lets not piss of the devs, its rare we get this type of interaction and support from them. we need to help them find the bug, not upset them.

Ian any word on the audio echoing issues. and also voice chat issues in multi player, at the moment we are resorting to party chat to talk as we can never hear ppl over the game voice chat. also not major but when someone leaves a multi player session the screen locks up for 1 sec, resulting in crashing your car normally.
ohh and the complete loss of force feedback on the tx wheel sometimes.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 15:07
Are you honestly saying it was your first time playing project cars on the xbox one on the day of release?

Yes. Before a title is branded for retail by 1st parties, it only runs on development kits.

So yes, I'm being honest. I'm not sure why that's being doubted so much.

LER ODDBALL
09-05-2015, 15:08
Fixed that for you ;)

Thanks.

Keep in mind fellas that WMD are committed to suppoerting this title for some considerable time, so considerthis a testing period and we will get thigs fixed. At least these guys seem to be listening.

Archenemy300
09-05-2015, 15:13
So after playing it on the xbox one do you agree there are many faults to be addressed? Would you be happy paying £50 for it in this state? Can you see how annoyed many xbox owners are waiting for months to play this and this is what we get

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 15:14
So after playing it on the xbox one do you agree there are many faults to be addressed? Would you be happy paying £50 for it in this state? Can you see how annoyed many xbox owners are waiting for months to play this and this is what we get

No, we think it's perfect and don't understand anyone's annoyance.

(sorry but I've answered this 6 times now).

MonkeyCH
09-05-2015, 15:20
They don't.

1. I have the download version as many others of my friends. There IS NO difference between Dic or Deonload versions., as all my freind have the same problems with the ONE pad. Other friends who use the PS4 version have much, much less issues. We did also some test against each other and we can confirm, that the PS4 version behaves different than the ONE version with the exactly same controller settings, which is much more unplayable on the ONE. I'm right sure it is as the extreme limited stick ranges on the ONE pad you use. On the DS4 they can move the stick for about 80% to get a full turn, while on the ONE it is on full turn on about 30-40%!

2. There is nothing like "properly patching" on the ONE, as the console does this automaticly if starting a game with a patch available. We cant manually downlaod a patch at all. Also I think the download version includes the day one patch alread and as such it was not downloaded. Is tehr esomewhere a Version info inside the game to see if we have the patch installed?

3. Deatzone settings don't help anthing, as they are already all on 0. I'm trying to find the best setting for about 80% of my game playing time so far and nothig changed the limited stick ranges.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 15:22
1. I have the download version as many others of my friends. There IS NO difference between Dic or Deonload versions., as all my freind have the same problems with the ONE pad. Other friends who use the PS4 version have much, much less issues. We did also some test against each other and we can confirm, that the PS4 version behaves different than the ONE version with the exactly same controller settings, which is much more unplayable on the ONE. I'm right sure it is as the extreme limited stick ranges on the ONE pad you use. On the DS4 they can move the stick for about 80% to get a full turn, while on the ONE it is on full turn on about 30-40%!

2. There is nothing like "properly patching" on the ONE, as the console does this automaticly if starting a game with a patch available. We cant manually downlaod a patch at all. Also I think the download version includes the day one patch alread and as such it was not downloaded. Is tehr esomewhere a Version info inside the game to see if we have the patch installed?

3. Deatzone settings don't help anthing, as they are already all on 0. I'm trying to find the best setting for about 80% of my game playing time so far and nothig changed the limited stick ranges.

I was basing that on this post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22724-So-any-official-word-from-SMS-WMD-yet&p=890236&viewfull=1#post890236 by Bennybee
If that isn't a factor it helps us narrow down the possibilities.

We have a new sticky thread to answer your other points. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues

OTehNoes
09-05-2015, 15:27
Wow, fair play Ian, I've never seen a game Dev get so hands on with the community, mad props to you.

It is a real shame about the controller problem as I haven't been able to play the game with any friends yet, but I'm having an absolute blast with my Thrustmaster TX.

Any ETA on the upcoming patch? Also is the limited edition upgrade meant to be only available with the digital version? I'd love to upgrade but since I couldn't get my hands on an LE copy, I had to buy a regular hard copy (Shropshire internet means getting the digital copy wasn't a realistic option).

Keep up the good work!

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 15:31
Wow, fair play Ian, I've never seen a game Dev get so hands on with the community, mad props to you.

It is a real shame about the controller problem as I haven't been able to play the game with any friends yet, but I'm having an absolute blast with my Thrustmaster TX.

Any ETA on the upcoming patch? Also is the limited edition upgrade meant to be only available with the digital version? I'd love to upgrade but since I couldn't get my hands on an LE copy, I had to buy a regular hard copy (Shropshire internet means getting the digital copy wasn't a realistic option).

Keep up the good work!

We'll ship it as soon as we can. It has to go through the verification process with 1st parties. Plus we need to replicate and fix it!

Archenemy300
09-05-2015, 15:32
No, we think it's perfect and don't understand anyone's annoyance.

(sorry but I've answered this 6 times now).

It was a simple question to answer. I do find it hard that the head of wmd plays the xbox version of the game on the day of release. At one point in development didnt you think maybe we should try it on a console? Not lets just release it and hope for the best. All these delays for what

Elmo
09-05-2015, 15:39
Ian was more than clear. All you need to know is in this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues).

Closed.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 15:41
It was a simple question to answer. I do find it hard that the head of wmd plays the xbox version of the game on the day of release. At one point in development didnt you think maybe we should try it on a console? Not lets just release it and hope for the best. All these delays for what

I've answered you. I'll do it again. No one, including us can play on retail boxes until the CD's are branded by Microsoft, mass produced and shipped. We got ours a few days ago.

So yes, it was a simple question and I answered it.

hillcrest34
09-05-2015, 15:47
Reading through this thread is like smashing my head against a brick wall

To be honest, whilst I have experienced the stuck steering bug it doesn't happen frequently. Also it seems to be tied to driving style. When trying to drive like I do in Forza making small counter steering corrections I experience the bug more often. The biggest problem for me with now is the robot sounds that happen every now and then

Like any game there are going to be issues at launch, I don't think there has been a game in recent memory that have launched smoothly. The difference here is that the dev team and head of studio are willingly engaging with the community. Don't take it for granted

MonkeyCH
09-05-2015, 15:47
Related to this other post of Bennybee, I have the donwlonad version and the game crashed not yet here. But that's not my issue.

I'm talking alone about the unplayable ONE Pad steereing implementation and that it is different to the PS4. As such the PS4 version is much better playable as the oversensible ONE gampad settings. The most of my PS4 friends say, that the game is relativly god playable with the DS4, but near all my ONE friends say the opposite. The behaviour differences of the ONE and the PS4 pad are real and also noticed in many online PCars tests. I can't see any reason for this, as the ONE pad is the better pad for racing games anyway and the beahviour should be the same on both consoles. I'm 100% sure this is as of the wrong stick ranges on the ONE pad in this game. As such, a smal fine move of the stick on the ONE Pad does a much more over steereing than on the DS4 pad. That meens if we move the stick on the ONE pad a little bit, it does the a full left/right turn and this will result in a break out car. On the DS4 there is neer the double range until it does a full turn.

If you never played Forza (ONE) or GT (PS4) you should do this. You will be suprised how god a gamepad steering can be on consoles. PCars fails here extremly and it is a bad joke, that you are not able to bring somthing similar to PCars.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 15:48
Ian was more than clear. All you need to know is in this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues).

Closed.

Now closed for good.