PDA

View Full Version : No fuss made of race winners

Ramshackle
09-05-2015, 10:31
After about 10 online races I managed to get my very first win... where it occured to me that no fuss whatsoever is made for the race winner. One of my absolute favourite things about winning races in GTA online was the little fan fare at the end. Showing your name, character and vehicle you won with to the rest of the lobby at the end put a real satisfying stamp on the victory. In project cars you win a race and it's like "yeah yeah yeah lets move along". Anyone else left feeling quite empty after a hard earned race win?

theredshore
09-05-2015, 10:33
i agree a lot of the game sadly feels empty of this kinda thing, it doesnt feel like a racing world and that is depressing because it could have been so much more

Daynja
09-05-2015, 10:37
Small insignificant race celebrations are ready for you once F1 2015 arrives, Codemasters got you covered. If your really desperate for some virtual attention you can play F1 2014 right now, if you dont mind suffering utterly rubbish racing games.

Ta ta

theredshore
09-05-2015, 10:39
Small insignificant race celebrations are ready for you once F1 2015 arrives, Codemasters got you covered. If your really desperate for some virtual attention you can play F1 2014 right now, if you dont mind suffering utterly rubbish racing games.

Ta ta
i think the entire point is that off the circuit and even in the pit lane it does not really feel like a racing game, Toca does, GRID does, this doesnt

Daynja
09-05-2015, 10:42
I thought racing games were about racing, not the celebrations afterwards.

theredshore
09-05-2015, 10:46
I thought racing games were about racing, not the celebrations afterwards.
for me its partly about the racing, but i want to feel like the game universe is alive, it does not really give the atmosphere of a racing game, its hard to describe and i dont care about celebration thing but its all part of making it feel like a racing game

Trux74
09-05-2015, 10:47
You know.. When I was a kid of about 6 or 7 I used to use my dads empty discarded match boxes as toy cars. Yeah that's right they had no wheels, looked nothing like cars and they all had the same Swan Vesta livery :eek:
What can I say, we were poor. :frown-new:
I had to use my imagination. Now look what we have eh..
I don't know, if you want to feel special after a race get a family member to interview you or something. :adoration:

Daynja
09-05-2015, 10:48
You know.. When I was a kid of about 6 or 7 I used to use my dads empty discarded match boxes as toy cars. Yeah that's right they had no wheels, looked nothing like cars and they all had the same Swan Vest livery :eek:
I don't know, if you want to feel special after a race get a family member to interview you or something. :adoration:

Swan vest team were the shit, they won everything. I heard they had illegal diifusers

wraithsrike
09-05-2015, 11:05
Sort of agree with the op on this, when the race is over it would be nice to see a virtual driver step up to the podium, there is no cash ect in this game ok I get that but a trophy cabinet would be a nice touch.

Collecting your trophys at race end and watching them build up in your trophy cabinet would be kind of cool and a nice goal.

Ramshackle
09-05-2015, 11:27

Ta ta

Seems like a rather juvenile response. I've been waiting a hell of a long time for this game and I'm simply throwing out suggestions to make it a more engaging experience for players. I was under the impression that ideas from the community were welcomed with Project Cars, rather than saying "well go play something else then".

Diluvian
09-05-2015, 11:32
Keep doing suggestions Ramshackle, those people pissing on you do not represent SMS and the core of WMD.

But I still want to show you my personal opinnion on that. As I'm always driving online, it's common that I have my favorite servers where I know the most people driving there. There hasn't been any need to celebrate the winner visually after the race, the people know you and gratulate you in chat-window - that was always enough attention and is much more "personal" than a visual celebration programmed by the game devs - you understand?

Ramshackle
09-05-2015, 11:57
Keep doing suggestions Ramshackle, those people pissing on you do not represent SMS and the core of WMD.

But I still want to show you my personal opinnion on that. As I'm always driving online, it's common that I have my favorite servers where I know the most people driving there. There hasn't been any need to celebrate the winner visually after the race, the people know you and gratulate you in chat-window - that was always enough attention and is much more "personal" than a visual celebration programmed by the game devs - you understand?

Thanks man. That's the more mature and reasonable response I was hoping for. I can see why it wouldn't matter so much racing with a familiar bunch, but I still think some kind of recognition or small moment of bragging rights for the race winner (and even podium takers) would be a nice little touch.. and kinda give the solid racers a little notoriety.

Joethe147
09-05-2015, 12:18
I definitely agree with you. And it applies to offline too.

Ryzza5
09-05-2015, 12:35
Maybe you could have this URL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnaAmrac7OI) ready to launch in the Steam web browser for when you win.

I've heard that a bunch of league features are planned so maybe they can incorporate this request.

Francorchamps
09-05-2015, 12:57
It's weird there is no celebration. In career the pit engineer get's ecstatic and when you win a championship there is a visual of a trophy. Clearly this could be done online as well as it is already in the game.

marksy
09-05-2015, 13:02
this guy gets it, online or offline a trophy cabinet would be the go

Sort of agree with the op on this, when the race is over it would be nice to see a virtual driver step up to the podium, there is no cash ect in this game ok I get that but a trophy cabinet would be a nice touch.

Collecting your trophys at race end and watching them build up in your trophy cabinet would be kind of cool and a nice goal.

Ryzza5
10-05-2015, 02:05
Maybe briefly show your Driver Network screen with the stats changing after an event, before returning to the lobby...?

JonZ
10-05-2015, 02:13
I have a bottle of champagne next to me, and I pour it into me every time I win as compensation.

Easty
10-05-2015, 04:30
It should really scroll all the drivers in Bold center screen. PLayer 8 came last, PLayer 6 lost, player 5 lost, player 9 lost, You are all Losers. PLayer 7 Is the winner. haha Be funny to see how many log soon as they cross the line as a loser if it was like that,

msmith1
10-05-2015, 09:25
Trux74 comment was class. People will know who's won from the leaderboard who's won. It is a small negative in my eyes, and something that never crossed my mind. Although I can see why it might be an issues to others.

PC49NZ
10-05-2015, 09:44
Jeezzz, we are getting soft as humans. Trux is absolutely correct. Some of you fellows today don't know how good you've got it, sitting there in front of your computer, xbox, PS4 or whatever they are called, in nice warm houses and not going hungry. Have a look around you, some have it bloody hard, no luxuries in sight nor will there ever be, and what do you want, a friggin slap on the back and told what a good boy you are. Be proud of what you done but do it within reason, It's a good achievement, I'd 'love' to win a race, any sort of race but unfortunately god put me here to make up the numbers.

Ramshackle
10-05-2015, 10:20
You know.. When I was a kid of about 6 or 7 I used to use my dads empty discarded match boxes as toy cars. Yeah that's right they had no wheels, looked nothing like cars and they all had the same Swan Vesta livery :eek:

Project Cars is a game that simulates the world of motor racing, right? Tell me of a real world race series where the winner and podium takers don't get a small moment of glory after the race..

tonyp23
10-05-2015, 11:32
Celebrations!...You big baby :-)

Arkymedes
10-05-2015, 11:39
I have a bottle of champagne next to me, and I pour it into me every time I win as compensation.

I tried your suggestion. Champagne got staled. Thanks for nothing man! :P

Rob Prange
10-05-2015, 12:10
Moved to Feature Suggestions forum.

flymar
10-05-2015, 12:15
I'm all for trophy cabinet.
I guess little podium scene would be cool. I think it was in one of the Trackmania title. Podium cars shown with the names of players. No need for fireworks or F16 over the track. Just a short moment of glory:)

Machinaea
10-05-2015, 12:40
A little in-game celebration would be nice for sure. I do agree that the biggest reward is the race itself and I feel like a winner even when if I don't get to the podium, but some animations or even UI acknowledgement would go ways to get a bit more immersion. Good suggestion, I hope to see something in the future, and keep them coming :)

JonZ
11-05-2015, 05:12
I'd wish they have at least a man waving the checker flag at the last lap. That and a green flag when starting.

Stewy32
01-10-2016, 17:25
How about more visual career trophies and just before the race result have an American style victory lane with your car and a lot of livery matching mechanics.

JessicaWalter
02-10-2016, 04:04
i kinda hope pcars 2 lets us at least do a victory lap