PDA

View Full Version : Engine blown problem in kart racing

Sorelboy
09-05-2015, 10:53
Maybe i just don't know how to do this, but when playing in my career in Kart racing, my engine broke two times, but the race never finishes ! When I click on the end button, it cancel my race and I have to retry the race. I tried to simulate my race, but even when the AI finishes the race, the screen never change to the end race screen ! Am I doing something wrong ? (Playing on the PC)

Thanks !

artao
15-09-2015, 01:14
Ditto here too. I saw a thread about this in the Steam forums, and someone named Leviathan directed the thread here so it gets noticed quicker.
SMS, PLEASE fix this issue.
Sure. Don't blow your engine or other damage that results in an undriveable car. But still, sometimes it happens, and when it does and you can't do anything about it and the race never notices and ends your session ... well ... the only thing we can do currently is to completely re-start the session.

EDIT: C'MON people!! 346 thread views and I'm the first person to respond to this?
If the rest of you have a way out of this situation, PLEASE SHARE. If you experience this PLEASE add your "ditto" so that SMS notices and fixes it. .. Why would they fix something if only a couple people report it?

Schnizz58
15-09-2015, 14:39
Select Continue instead of Exit.

artao
15-09-2015, 20:39
Select Continue instead of Exit.

hmm ... I don't recall seeing that as an option .... I'll hafta go back into karts and blow an engine to look

Schnizz58
15-09-2015, 21:00
hmm ... I don't recall seeing that as an option .... I'll hafta go back into karts and blow an engine to look
If you Retire to Pits, then you'll be at the pit box menu. From there, select Skip to End of Session and then Continue. Exit will exit the session while it's still going on, which means it won't save.

artao
16-09-2015, 01:05
Okay, tested it. Retire to pits is not an option.
Here's a screenshot of what I CAN do after blowing an engine with karts in career mode.
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/415811262242841402/D743BE88173E194C3E812DD6668B8C41C379F711/

Schnizz58
16-09-2015, 01:47
Then I guess you just have to resume and wait it out. Or restart the session and don't blow the engine this time. :)

artao
16-09-2015, 02:07
Waiting it out doesn't work either. You just keep sitting there on track.
I prefer not to re-start sessions. Feels like cheating to me ;)
I will restart a session if the AI really screws something up tho. That's not my fault.