PDA

View Full Version : fps drop at specific points on certain tracks

CA11AND
09-05-2015, 11:01
Hi all me again being trying to find what is causing my frame rate issues and I've found it drops at certain point going round tracks.

Brands hatch

When exiting the hairpin you will see some red trucks as soon as i have them in veiw the game stutters with image tearing, also on this track asexit tge fourth corner and go up the hill onto the straight it lags as you go up and over the hill.

Dubai kartdrome

Frame rate drops on every corner apart from the first and 4 last corners. It drops the most when going under the small bridge.

Other kart tracks are the same mid track turns are a nightmare for this and hills.

I'll add more as I test it out but it seems the more open then track is like le man and road america then let's the fps drop. Mind on career or quick race if I have more then 16 cars it drops very low and being a PC flight simmer it does seem to fps to around 20 30 fps as it stutters the same as fsx at that fps range

bennybee
09-05-2015, 11:06
The same thing happens on mine but on the Monza autodrome GP track. Down the pit lane and and also main straight and corner one and two and then it will crash and return tho the xbox home screen once entering corner four. Very annoying. Are you running a downloaded version or hard copy?

CA11AND
09-05-2015, 11:18
The same thing happens on mine but on the Monza autodrome GP track. Down the pit lane and and also main straight and corner one and two and then it will crash and return tho the xbox home screen once entering corner four. Very annoying. Are you running a downloaded version or hard copy?

I'm running a digital copy of the game.

I've done a lot of troubleshooting last night

I reinstalled the whole ge hard reset after install
Tried removing visuals and force feedback
Turned off Kinect
Tried offline to see if it was my crap net speed 12mb
Even tried my older samsung tv just incase it was that

The more weather effects happen or dusk and dawn I get more drops
The more cars on track I get more drops

The game runs better online with friends then having AI on track and will stutter with AI until I am in pole.

I do get sound bugs and have been thinking maybe so fps drops are sound bug related because many pc games with sound bugs do put the cpu into a loop trying to sort the issue itself and that makes the fps drop.

Scouseknight
09-05-2015, 16:22
I've only just started the career mode and I've noticed the alarming FPS loss on the Dubai kart circuit.

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 16:57
A member of SMS stated in a different thread that they're looking into fixing the frame rate, and that so far they've gained an extra 4% performance out the XB1

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 16:59
A member of SMS stated in a different thread that they're looking into fixing the frame rate, and that so far they've gained an extra 4% performance out the XB1

Indeed. That's as of now. We're constantly looking for more. We can do more on the track side I think in heavy hitting situations so we have a group on that now.

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 17:05
Indeed. That's as of now. We're constantly looking for more. We can do more on the track side I think in heavy hitting situations so we have a group on that now.

The drops are weird, its not like your usual FPS drops where its consistent throughout the game. Some tracks drop FPS whereas others dont, for example i just did a single car race on Monza and it ran as smooth as butter, the game is capable of running smoothly, i just hope you guys can work your magic so it runs smooth on tracks with multiple cars and rain...

theredshore
10-05-2015, 14:10
they really hate brands hatch because i never seen a FPS in my gaming life drop like they do there

KkDrummer
10-05-2015, 18:41
I'm running a digital copy of the game.

I've done a lot of troubleshooting last night

I reinstalled the whole ge hard reset after install
Tried removing visuals and force feedback
Turned off Kinect
Tried offline to see if it was my crap net speed 12mb
Even tried my older samsung tv just incase it was that

The more weather effects happen or dusk and dawn I get more drops
The more cars on track I get more drops

The game runs better online with friends then having AI on track and will stutter with AI until I am in pole.

I do get sound bugs and have been thinking maybe so fps drops are sound bug related because many pc games with sound bugs do put the cpu into a loop trying to sort the issue itself and that makes the fps drop.

This!!! I am having the same problem. Everytime there is fog and sun, like in Monza the frame rate drops quick considerably. You can see the sun cutting through the fog and the trees and the game gets very slow. The kart track in Ireland has 3 spots where the frame rate drops for no apparent reason..clear weather, only 12 cars on track and car filed is well spread out. I hope this 4% does the trick. I was expecting that, apart for the resolution, the game was going to perform as well as the ps4 version.

bloopy66
10-05-2015, 21:38
Tracks I have experienced this is also Dubai, Monza, spa (at small sections) and Watkins Glen was terrible with low sun.

I'm really surprised how this issue wasn't picked up before release, was the frame rate fine on the testing version?

flymar
10-05-2015, 21:42
Hi all me again being trying to find what is causing my frame rate issues and I've found it drops at certain point going round tracks.

Brands hatch

A question: Is it with Brands Hatch GP or Indy layout?

ItchyBear
10-05-2015, 22:01
Hi, I can't speak for Brands but I can confirm a reliable and significant drop at specific track points around Sakitto when I undertook the Formula Rookie career race earlier today.

I took particular notice because of it's severity, just thought it might help in some way.

red5tar
11-05-2015, 13:59
I've noticed the same thing on the exit of Druid's at Brands Hatch GP, (I've not tried the Indy circuit).
It also happens at Turn 7 on the Hockenheim GP track (just as the Mercedes stand comes into view).

chris4652009
11-05-2015, 14:32
I notice it on Oulton Park too

Psychomatrix
11-05-2015, 16:05
It's on the Gp layout, when you turn in gp layout. I'm not really sure but it's the surtees corner. In this area are massive framerate probs. And I drove most time in free practice without other cars. at brands hatch indie I don't have the fps drop. Yes oulton park I have 2 times per lap massive slowdowns.
Then I have notice a slowmotion effect in watkins glen. I've drive in a lotus 78 with 40+ opponents in 2:30 at GP layout. It feel like 60 kph but speed shows 240 kph. In time trial oder single race with 23 opponents I have laptims in 1:40.

Wingles
13-05-2015, 18:09
Started playing the game on Tuesday here in the US so only a little ways into my career. I started with Karts and haven't noticed much in the way of drops at Glencairn or Chesterfield yet. However, I got an invite to race BMW 320 Turbo Gr.5's at Hockenheim Short. Racing as one of 16 drivers in the field I experienced pretty significant FPS drops through the turns 7, 8, 9 complex. The worst was Sachskurve (Turn 8) starting about mid curve. It completely impacted my driving and more times than not led to missing the setup for turn 9 (at best) or running off the track (at worst). I'm playing on the XB1 so of course I'm also fighting the controller (optimized based on settings and guides found here on the forums) which clearly only makes things that much worse when FPS drops.

Lukeymonster
14-05-2015, 03:58
I have the digital version installed on an external drive and it runs great on all situations. When it does slow down, which does happen, I exit the game and hard reboot the Xbox. When I restart the game and go to the same race it runs smoothly under the same circumstances. I even get smooth performance with 45 at Le Mans.

I really think it's some sort of memory leak or some optimization issue. I wonder if it's not tied to any specific track but some other thing that throws the Xbox for a loop. I remember in the past, I want to say it was forza 3 or 4, turn 10 had to address a memory leak that made the game run worse the longer you played it. I believe it had something to do with livery assets.

Wingles
14-05-2015, 18:25
The Xbox One has had an issue since launch with random performance drops. If I recall it is due to a memory dump issue or lack thereof. Essentially it doesn't dump the memory like it should and can lead to UI and general system performance and stability issues. When this happens most users cycle the Xbox One to resolve the issue. Though it will happen again over time. I ran into Project CARS performance issues last night while playing and forgot about this issue. I'll try a power cycle when I get home. Hopefully it will help. Not sure if the game design itself can exacerbate this known issue or not. That said steps taken from the from the xbox.com support site...two options. I always do the physical power cycle option.

Power Cycle Console via UI

1.Go to the Home screen.
2.Press the Menu button on the controller.
3.Select Settings.
Note You can say “Xbox, go to settings” from any screen, but you’ll need a controller once you’re on the Settings screen.
4.Go to Power & startup.
5.Select Turn Xbox Off.
6.Select Yes. The console powers down.
7.Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Note: If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Physically Power Cycle the Console

1.Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will power down.
2.Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important: If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.