PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars PC Installation Guide

John Havoc
09-05-2015, 11:14
Although I could have purchased Project Cars with a 50% Discount on Steam, I decided to buy the retail Version on DVD. Since I want to avoid any conflicts with the old, already installed online version when installing the game from DVD, I would like to know the exact installation procedures for those members who already have the beta version of the game installed on their PC. Can anyone please forward a link with a detailed installation guide or, if not available, provide me with an exact step-by-step description how to proceed?

Your help is highly appreciated!

rbl
09-05-2015, 11:26
The important part is the product code in the box - you need to register that in Steam and since you have the beta version it should just update that one into the release version. There will be no conflict - it's the same game, it will just download a patch.

If you want to start "fresh" (for whatever reason), right click Project CARS in your Steam Library and "Delete Local Content". That will uninstall it. And if you haven't deleted your profile after the beta ended (this is the only thing that might cause issues), go to your Steam folder and delete Steam\userdata\<your user id>\234630\

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 12:46
What rbl said :)

Whether you buy the DVD or buy it online, all PC copies are Steam copies. The DVD will just let you skip downloading it all, but the end result will be exactly the same as online.

I deleted my local game content as rbl has outlined, and downloaded it all on release day to start fresh.

John Havoc
09-05-2015, 13:15
Thank you very much for your very prompt and helpful reply!