PDA

View Full Version : Headset Audio Issue

jaffa42004
09-05-2015, 11:23
I have a Polk Striker ZX headset that I use all the time but this is the first game that refuses to work properly. The sound drops off as and when and the only way to make it work is to have the USB lead plugged into the controller all the time.

Max Kelly
09-05-2015, 11:25
known problem :yes:

Noxious02
09-05-2015, 15:21
I'm having problems with sound cutting out in my turtle beaches when i break or go onto the grass. I have set force feedback to 0 but would rather not have to do that obviously. Hoping for a fix on this soon thanks.

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 15:21
Yes, the Devs are working on a fix...
We also hope for a fast solution :cool:

Stripedhemi
09-05-2015, 16:50
just a note regarding the workaround... I have a wireless headset that doesn't have a usb cable to plug in and wont work for me, glad to hear others can get around the problem but more pleased to read the devs are looking into it ;)

I have a pair of trusty Turtle Beach X41's

techAU
10-05-2015, 13:54
Having audio breakup occasionally with the Xbox Stereo headset. It goes all robotic, like a crazy compressed Skype call. It does fix itself, but during a race, it's certainly distracting. Am sure the next update will inc a fix.

Lunerock
10-05-2015, 14:05
I guess it is a power supply Problem. If You usw The hs which isbconnected with The Controller The force Feedback uses The power and The headset is silenced. If You put in The charge cable it works find, except The robot tones

HLR Ghosty
02-08-2015, 11:13
just a note regarding the workaround... I have a wireless headset that doesn't have a usb cable to plug in and wont work for me, glad to hear others can get around the problem but more pleased to read the devs are looking into it ;)

I have a pair of trusty Turtle Beach X41's

Same here with PX51's connected via BT.

nissan4ever
02-08-2015, 13:06
The Turtle Beach Elite 800X wireless headsets work like a charm, including wireless chat.

HLR Ghosty
02-08-2015, 13:11
The Turtle Beach Elite 800X wireless headsets work like a charm, including wireless chat.

If you can afford them.

OpticalHercules
03-08-2015, 02:25
This thread is nearly 3 months old. This is still a problem?

xSullx
03-08-2015, 08:25
Nope. Had the same issue at the beginning. It's been fixed with one of the two firs patches, which were released.

MUFFlerDRIVAR
04-08-2015, 10:37
WRONG this problem still exists and is very annoying but not a game breaker, hopefully fixed next patch

OpticalHercules
04-08-2015, 16:41
What headset are you using that it's still cutting in and out? I don't hear anyone complaining about HDMI connections to their TV/Stereo other than occasional sound glitches, and I hear no problems other than occasional sound glitches running from the S/PDIF to either my Astro A50's or to an old xbox360 Turtle Beach DSS2/XL1. Are you sure your headphones themselves aren't culprit?

MUFFlerDRIVAR
04-08-2015, 22:01
Im running a set of turtle beach 500x wireless cans, been using them for about a year across various games without issue

OpticalHercules
04-08-2015, 22:12
Stupid question here, but have you set your xbox audio settings to DTS output like your headphones use? Have you tried other output modes, like Dolby Digital (If the 500x's support it?) What exactly are they doing? The sound falling off until you restart, or plug something in?

I wasn't really familiar with this issue in the first place, but I can try to help troubleshoot it with you as best I can.

nissan4ever
04-08-2015, 22:56
With the Turtle Beach Elite 800X DTS headsets, you have the console set to Dolby Digital. Weird, but that's what you do. Even though they are DTS headsets, you don't set the console for DTS.

HLR Ghosty
05-08-2015, 00:29
The audio cutting out isn't the system its the game itself, I have had it on PC and Xbox. It doesnt matter if I have it running through the TV (HDMI), my headset (optical form xbox) or the soundbar (optical from TV) it will still cut out for a second or 2 every so often.

OpticalHercules
05-08-2015, 03:40
That sounds like the normal sound glitches this game has. That's not the issue this thread was related to, where sound would cut out completely unless plugged in somehow. The 1-2 seconds of no sound is experienced by pretty much everyone, I think. Whether it is a high priority fix or not, I have no idea. Honestly, I hope it's not on the highest priority. There's many other things that impact the playability of this game more severely than loss of sound for a very short period of time.

MUFFlerDRIVAR
05-08-2015, 09:00
As Nissan said you run Dolby digital to these cans and I have never had an issue with sound dropping out it's like a digital distortion that unfortunately mostly happens when going through various corners which can be quite off putting, as I said before not a game breaker (I love this game) It is quite random and can happen during offline or online play with any combination of car/track. Thanks for your input Optical but I really do think it is just a random glitch that just affects a fairly small %of ppl. Peace