PDA

View Full Version : Almost unplayable on xbox one

sammyv6s
09-05-2015, 11:26
Hello

I have commented on some other threads but thought Id throw in all in one place.

Will preface by saying I was super excited for this game and for the most part, I love it, but there are few gremlins that are making this almost unplayable for me on xbox one and its rather frustrating as an avid lover of racing games.

Anyone with any ideas, thanks in advance.

1. Race Engineer vanished. Deleted save game file, restarted game and he came back. Worked fine, then vanished over night again. Audio settings have race engineer on and pit to car level on full
2. Video is super choppy to the point where it's playing 'catchup.' If I were on a PC I'd think my video card couldn't handle it. This is the worst issue as its not really possible to play though this. Have turned FFB off, made only a slight difference.
3. Intermittently get an audio noise like a cd skipping

These video issues only happen with Project cars, none of my other games.

4. In photo mode, can't move the camera at all
5. Help doesn't load at all
6. Game does not resume after Xbox has gone to sleep, have to force quit and reload
6. Periodically crashes.
7. Unsure if this happens or not coz Ive lost my engineer- but there's no indication of changing weather ie when it's going to start/ stop raining and for how log. F1 2013/2014 does this quite well
8. Saving options after making any change takes around 60seconds. Sometimes takes this long to exit the options menu after making no changes at all
9. When using my turtle beach headphones the sound cuts out every time I use the brake (LT)

Really want to play the game, but these video issues particularly are taking the fun out
Any ideas?
Cheers

sammyv6s
09-05-2015, 16:39
Bump

Any help on the video issue specifically would be super appreciated :)

sammyv6s
10-05-2015, 10:26
New issue
10. Car has no engine noise upon start races.
Caterham 7 at Oluton park

sammyv6s
10-05-2015, 18:34
11. Tyres on Caterham 7 Never warm up (go green) in practice or qualifying sessions. Heat up in Race just fine.

robnroll88
10-05-2015, 20:34
I have the game on xbox one aswell and can clarify pretty much everything you have stated sammy, its a mess, I've been through some bad realeases on xbox, like halo MCC, and battlefield 4, but after all the hype, and the 4 YEARS of development, its safe to say they've "dropped a bollock". Very disappointed, id say two thirds of the threads on this site are complaints about the same issues, with WMD members trying there best to help and defend the indefensible, but they all know theres ALOT of disappointed gamers around the world that didn't get what they paid for. And to the people saying "they need time to fix these problems", I say thats not an excuse, as what was the FOUR years of development about? Some of these problems are "school boy errors" so to speak, just basics that just shouldn't be in a so-called "Finished Product"

Bruno Alexandre
10-05-2015, 21:08
Guys please be careful when posting, don't throw things in the first forum section you see... when we have a section specific for Xbox users. Posting on the wrong sections will make the people who are searching for Xbox specific issues to fail to find them..

OperatorWay
10-05-2015, 22:59
>> "...1. Race Engineer vanished..."
>> "...4. In photo mode, can't move the camera at all..."

I have these same issues on PC, so those may not be a platform-specific.

Otherwise phenomenal game so far.

sammyv6s
11-05-2015, 08:18
Guys please be careful when posting, don't throw things in the first forum section you see... when we have a section specific for Xbox users. Posting on the wrong sections will make the people who are searching for Xbox specific issues to fail to find them..

Sorry that's probably my fault
Was posting from my mobile and couldn't find a specific Xbox forum- is it possible for you to move the thread for me?

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 08:19
Moved to Project CARS on Xbox One

I would advise having a read of this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues-UPDATED)

Pete

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 08:39
Race engineer? Some dude speaks to me every now and then but they say he should be available to help with tuning car etc?? maybe mine has also gone...

denis74
11-05-2015, 08:45
* Autosave feature takes a long time to saving

* Same in deleting career. Takes a long time.

IlBodoz
11-05-2015, 09:04
there are a lot of bugs when user use a controller...

Psychomatrix
11-05-2015, 10:12
Sorry i hate to say this, but in this condition the game have beta status. Controller issue (lots of cars are undriveable), slow motion like you're in a other time dimension when you drive watkins glen with 43 opponents and that in the free practice. With the lotus 78 it takes me 2:28 min to take a lap without mistakes. In time trial i drive it in 1:40 or so. It's seems that all AI on track in some scenaios are way to much for the X1. Don't know how it looks on the ps4. Then sound bug that cames every minute a scary scratchy reverb effect. I've never driven a buggy racinggame like this...maybe newman haas racing in 97 on ps1. all the phantastic features of the game are not enjoyable.

sammyv6s
11-05-2015, 11:04
Moved to Project CARS on Xbox One

I would advise having a read of this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues-UPDATED)

Pete

Cheers, Pete.

Yup have read that, thanks.
None of the suggested work arounds in those linked threads have solved any of my issues, unfortunately.
Latest patch is applied.
I honestly can't tell if I'm having controller issues because of all the other issues plaguing my experience - though I believe my controller is functioning fine, bar not being able to hear any sound though the connected headset.

There's a remark on that thread indicting the devs are going to fix the biggest issues - how do you define a big issue?
Do any of my issues qualify as big issues?

Thanks!

Tillj
11-05-2015, 11:24
My engineer is a mute... he never talks to me. The only time he said something was that my times were dropping. It was heavy rain and I was coming to the pits for a change.
He either doesn't like me or there is an issue with the engineer.

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 11:29
My engineer is a mute... he never talks to me. The only time he said something was that my times were dropping. It was heavy rain and I was coming to the pits for a change.
He either doesn't like me or there is an issue with the engineer.

Maybe he has feelings. ;) Nah seems to be a massive bug for a lot of people with the engineer.

daffy luke
11-05-2015, 16:33
my engineer also almost never talk to me.....but may be because he can no longer regard my driving skills (with controller)
and he has resigned ;)
This can and is probably a very nice game,but with all these bugs it is sometimes just not playable
I wonder in those 4 years that they have tested (WMD guys) they have tried it on an xbox one with controller?? because there are clearly less problems on the pc and playstation version
and also with the multiplayer .....more problems on the xbox

I know you also do all that you can to be able to answer all our questions (WMD guys)
but hope you understand us too......

PEGASUS ONE
16-05-2015, 09:38
I have the game on xbox one aswell and can clarify pretty much everything you have stated sammy, its a mess, I've been through some bad realeases on xbox, like halo MCC, and battlefield 4, but after all the hype, and the 4 YEARS of development, its safe to say they've "dropped a bollock". Very disappointed, id say two thirds of the threads on this site are complaints about the same issues, with WMD members trying there best to help and defend the indefensible, but they all know theres ALOT of disappointed gamers around the world that didn't get what they paid for. And to the people saying "they need time to fix these problems", I say thats not an excuse, as what was the FOUR years of development about? Some of these problems are "school boy errors" so to speak, just basics that just shouldn't be in a so-called "Finished Product"

Agreed - a very long time waiting for this
Agreed - Bollock dropped

Compensation minimum - no charge for future download content
Question mark - would we trust the DLC if we had to pay for it anyway?

Digger
17-05-2015, 00:01
For the video prob till they catch up with the lil-bug's they are having I just turned off a lot of the EXTRA's like sun raze and rain drops and so on so forth till the vid work'ed smooth and do the same with the sound you will find the game works a lot smoother and you will have a lot fewer prob's just till they can come out with a patch to help a bit this should give the DEV a lil breathing room so they can git fought up it works gr8 for me.. I haven't had a real prob yet.... Nock on wood..... LoL

sammyv6s
24-05-2015, 21:26
I know the devs are working on a fix
But those 1.3 patch notes don't seem to resolve any of these issues :(

Such as massive shame - I still can't play the game.
:(
Very disappointed.

Ian Bell
24-05-2015, 21:28
I know the devs are working on a fix
But those 1.3 patch notes don't seem to resolve any of these issues :(

Such as massive shame - I still can't play the game.
:(
Very disappointed.

Give it a go before writing it off. Some things have knock on issues or fixes.

sammyv6s
24-05-2015, 21:29
I sure hope so

I really want to play it ha!

Ian Bell
I sure hope so

I really want to play it ha!

Play it mate but don't call me ha.

vglnte102
Mine says the same thing over and over. And when I'm in first place he pretty much says I suck and to catch up. To what, I'm not sure.

theZOGster
25-05-2015, 04:19
Oi. I've stuck with this since its XBox One release. I've had brief moments of joy, but the more I play it the more little issues I find and now some real deal breakers for me.

The game completely locks upon exiting a Time Trial. Consistently and catastrophically. I have to "Quit" the game, or power off the unit. Ugh.

Also, I'm using the XBox controller, and yes I know this is a known issue but maybe, if anything, this will at least prove I'm not a completely ham-fisted nub driver. I'm spinning. A lot. I've spent endless hours trying to convince myself that maybe I'm just a rubbish driver and Forza has dulled my skills...but after the umpteenth seemingly unwarranted spin I switched to an outside view of an open wheeled car and noticed this;

The spins feel like I'm either not counter-steering enough to catch the spin OR the wheels simply are not turning when I want them too. The overhead view confirmed this. As the spin starts I try tiny counter-steering, poised like a snake ready to catch the car when it corrects itself, but the spin continues or worsens. By now I have the controller at full lock and sure enough my front wheels are still pointing forward. No deflection, no tiny increments if corrective steering.

Dead zone at zero, steering sensitivity at 5.

I'm dumbfounded and getting ready to go back to Forza until this is all sorted out. At least with Forza I can feel challenged, yet somewhat able to get around the track a few times.

Since I started typing this the game is still locked after exiting a time trial. In fact my Xbox has entered sleep mode and the game is still frozen.

I tried, I really tried to give this game all the leeway and benefits of the doubt, but I'm done even toying with it until some real fixes have been announced and verified.

nissan4ever
25-05-2015, 05:35
Oi. I've stuck with this since its XBox One release. I've had brief moments of joy, but the more I play it the more little issues I find and now some real deal breakers for me.

The game completely locks upon exiting a Time Trial. Consistently and catastrophically. I have to "Quit" the game, or power off the unit. Ugh.

Also, I'm using the XBox controller, and yes I know this is a known issue but maybe, if anything, this will at least prove I'm not a completely ham-fisted nub driver. I'm spinning. A lot. I've spent endless hours trying to convince myself that maybe I'm just a rubbish driver and Forza has dulled my skills...but after the umpteenth seemingly unwarranted spin I switched to an outside view of an open wheeled car and noticed this;

The spins feel like I'm either not counter-steering enough to catch the spin OR the wheels simply are not turning when I want them too. The overhead view confirmed this. As the spin starts I try tiny counter-steering, poised like a snake ready to catch the car when it corrects itself, but the spin continues or worsens. By now I have the controller at full lock and sure enough my front wheels are still pointing forward. No deflection, no tiny increments if corrective steering.

I'm dumbfounded and getting ready to go back to Forza until this is all sorted out. At least with Forza I can feel challenged, yet somewhat able to get around the track a few times.

Since I started typing this the game is still locked after exiting a time trial. In fact my Xbox has entered sleep mode and the game is still frozen.

I tried, I really tried to give this game all the leeway and benefits of the doubt, but I'm done even toying with it until some real fixes have been announced and verified.

My game hasn't locked up/froze on exiting TT. Done it a couple times in multiplayer, but that's it. That will be sorted on first patch this week along with your controller issues.

Cliffyboy1962
25-05-2015, 06:29

Last night, my racing team (DbUK) had their first Project cars race night. When the invite came, I just said "No thanks, I am waiting for the patch before I get back involved, too much pain at the moment" Can't believe I had to say that, but that is how i feel right now.

monz
25-05-2015, 15:05
Last night, my racing team (DbUK) had their first Project cars race night. When the invite came, I just said "No thanks, I am waiting for the patch before I get back involved, too much pain at the moment" Can't believe I had to say that, but that is how i feel right now.
They probably all had a blast.....your loss....people like you really do grind my gears

Raven403
25-05-2015, 15:14

Yup my league tried over and over to do our normal Sunday night race and after an HOUR of trying to keep everyone in a session everyone basically gave up.
-People got dropped constantly
-Host froze multiple times
-Indestructible debris from a previous session totalled a car
-Game hard crashed EVERYONE to the dashboard once
-We only had 10 of 16 of our league members there So I can't imagine how bad 16 would be.
-Chat cut out constantly
-Lost FFB when session changed
-People couldn't change their view
-Setups weren't the same
-FFB stuttered when people joined/disconnected
-Once racing did start only a handful of people were able to stay in the session and race, and it was so jumpy and unplayable it didn't last long.

Disappointed doesn't even describe how my league feels about it at this point.

monz
25-05-2015, 15:18
Yup my league tried over and over to do our normal Sunday night race and after an HOUR of trying to keep everyone in a session everyone basically gave up.
-People got dropped constantly
-Host froze multiple times
-Indestructible debris from a previous session totalled a car
-Game hard crashed EVERYONE to the dashboard once
-We only had 10 of 16 of our league members there So I can't imagine how bad 16 would be.
-Chat cut out constantly
-Once racing did start only a handful of people were able to stay in the session and race, and it was so jumpy and unplayable it didn't last long.

Disappointed doesn't even describe how my league feels about it at this point.

That doesnt sound good....:-/ my experiences with the game have been mostly excellent. Not raced online much

Raven403
25-05-2015, 15:22
They probably all had a blast.....your loss....people like you really do grind my gears

All the issues I have trying to play online Really grind MY gears monz

Raven403
25-05-2015, 15:23
That doesnt sound good....:-/ my experiences with the game have been mostly excellent. Not raced online much

It's not good. It's damn near unplayable

monz
25-05-2015, 15:27
It's not good. It's damn near unplayable

Mr Bell will sort it im sure...

theZOGster
25-05-2015, 15:39
It's not so much ruining just my fun - how can I race in a multiplayer game and not ruin it for everyone? No amount of apologizing or explaining is going to make up for the fact that simply getting around a track at a decent pace inevitably ends with me banging around between opponents like a bell clapper.

Just venting, I know its all been said before. Software is a complicated venture now-a-days. I'm sure many developers get into this with good intentions but bean-counters, publishers and console vendors have their own agendas that can force your hand.

Raven403
25-05-2015, 15:44
Mr Bell will sort it im sure...

Well I would hope so lol. Just doesn't do much for us right now. We'Ve been waiting to make the jump to Pcars from Forza for a long time and it's just disappointing.

Ian Bell
25-05-2015, 15:50
Well I would hope so lol. Just doesn't do much for us right now. We'Ve been waiting to make the jump to Pcars from Forza for a long time and it's just disappointing.

Raven, we get it mate. I know you're disappointed. You've told us so 18 times in the last day or so.

We're on it.

Haiden
25-05-2015, 16:05

I'm curious. From your signature line, you seem to have almost the exact same hardware setup as I do--Xb1, Thrustmaster TX, with GT wheel. The only issues I'm having is setups not saving in career practice and qualify sessions, occasional sound stuttering (not major), and the AI seems to be unaffected by rain and cold tyres. Other than that, I don't have any problems, especially not with the handling. I just put up a 1:22.7 lap time last night at Monaco (Azure Circuit) in a Formula A. I don't think there's anything wrong with the handling. Perhaps it's your settings or driving style? I'm not trying to be sarcastic; I just don't see how we could have the exact same hardware, and yet such a different driving experience.

Raven403
25-05-2015, 17:57
Raven, we get it mate. I know you're disappointed. You've told us so 18 times in the last day or so.

We're on it.

Ok well thanks for the snide reminder. Pretty sure I'm not offending anyone or insulting the team so I'm not sure why I get the shade thrown my way but ok.

And no for the most part outside of multiplayer it's alright but I still get the audio bugs, AI blowing tires those kinds of things. I was talking bout multiplayer but I'll stop now so I don't get a warning for saying so.

Raven403
25-05-2015, 17:58
I'm curious. From your signature line, you seem to have almost the exact same hardware setup as I do--Xb1, Thrustmaster TX, with GT wheel. The only issues I'm having is setups not saving in career practice and qualify sessions, occasional sound stuttering (not major), and the AI seems to be unaffected by rain and cold tyres. Other than that, I don't have any problems, especially not with the handling. I just put up a 1:22.7 lap time last night at Monaco (Azure Circuit) in a Formula A. I don't think there's anything wrong with the handling. Perhaps it's your settings or driving style? I'm not trying to be sarcastic; I just don't see how we could have the exact same hardware, and yet such a different driving experience.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with my steering. Other than the FFB being off. I have a set of settings that are ok for me and those are what I use.

PEGASUS ONE
26-05-2015, 09:33

We're on it.

I love the look and feel of the game but have elected to wait for a patch so as not to get overly stressed / frustrated with the game and it's current flaws. I saw in an earlier post that the patch is released this week. Are you able to confirm this and if so, do you have an actual date please.

Thank you

Ian Bell
26-05-2015, 09:35
I love the look and feel of the game but have elected to wait for a patch so as not to get overly stressed / frustrated with the game and it's current flaws. I saw in an earlier post that the patch is released this week. Are you able to confirm this and if so, do you have an actual date please.

Thank you

I can't a I don't know myself. I'm hopeful though.

sammyv6s
26-05-2015, 09:55
Is the only way to check if patches have been applied to check the install size of the game?
I tried to find where the version number is in the menu / settings but couldn't see it...

For those that have our Xbox's on "auto update" we'd not see the patch being applied.

bluesky0870
26-05-2015, 11:29
You'll notice that anyway because when you start the game it demands an update at the intro screen. Has been the same with all games on the 360 and the xb1 so far.

skijumptoes
26-05-2015, 12:27
If you launch from the my games/apps screen a recently updated game will have an asterisk/star in the top right corner, so you will notice it.

sammyv6s
26-05-2015, 15:47
Great, thanks!
Ah yes I remember seeing the * on some games now. Cheers.