09-05-2015, 11:40
Renault Clio Cup at Brands Hatch Indy

Discuss.

DUST2DEATH
11-05-2015, 02:58
fun car, fun track.

CQR Basher
11-05-2015, 10:39
It would be interesting to see leaderboards for all platforms so we can compare lap times.

A few observations and firstly so we're clear, l love the game and its potential. I've only scratched the surface (14 hours of gameplay) and enjoy the feel of the cars, the sound, graphics, menus, tuning options, wheel/controller set up system etc etc. ;)

Listed below are purely questions and suggestions relating to this Clio Cup session...

1 - I would first like to ask the dev if the tuning physics cross over platform to platform E.G - Would my Clio Cup XB1 tune be the replica and behave the same on the PC and PS4?

2 - With regards for tuning the Clio for this event, I find the very limited description of the tuning menu frustrating. Some of these settings are new to a lot of us die hard sim racers and the brief descriptions next to each setting don't give enough info imo.

3 - I'd also love to be able to tune while in the session. Having to drop right back to adjust something and re start the challenge is frustrating. A return to pit garage feature here would be divine!

4 - A small bug I've noticed when setting a time and wanting to exit so the time saves is the amount of times the game crashes and freezes on the exit screen. This happened to me 6 times on average in an evening. Its probably been reported but its a definite bug on the XB1 game and extremely annoying if you've beaten your current PB because the time you set doesn't save :(

5 - When tuning the car and selecting the track to save the tune to, it would be sensible to have more save slots for different tunes. The clio is tuned for the flying lap of qualifying in this case but I would like to have a race tune saved for Brands Indy that won't cook my tyres in a few laps.

:victorious:

Randum
12-05-2015, 01:00
How/when do my times appear on the leaderboard? Do you just simply quit the event? just checking how these community events work!

Awesome game so far!

Randum
12-05-2015, 01:33
How/when do my times appear on the leaderboard? Do you just simply quit the event? just checking how these community events work!

Awesome game so far!

Answered my own question - the little target on the leaderboard will take you straight to your time!

P75
12-05-2015, 06:48
I really love competing in these community events, but something HAS to be done about all the cheating and corner cutting. I just checked the leaderboard for this event this morning and the "contamination" of the events seems to have spread. It's just so demotivating to see. Hope SMS can do something about this.

Johnnypenso1
12-05-2015, 14:08
I really love competing in these community events, but something HAS to be done about all the cheating and corner cutting. I just checked the leaderboard for this event this morning and the "contamination" of the events seems to have spread. It's just so demotivating to see. Hope SMS can do something about this.
Please don't hate me:grumpy: I posted this in the Tech Support Forum already, but I'll put it here too. It was a glitch pure and simple and I'd also like it corrected as soon as possible so I can post a legit time, otherwise I won't get to post a time before the event closes. If someone can show this directly to the person who can fix this I'd appreciate it:

I'm on PC, brand new PC, i74790k, GTX970. I decided to try an FF, fired up the Clio at Brands Indy, practiced a few laps, then went to the SMS event. The game blackscreened on me but sound continued as I entered the event, didn't complete a lap. Restarted the game and went right into the event without looking at the leaderboard. Did 9 laps and a decent time and wanted to check my ranking. Here's my result:

Here's the leaderboard:

:miserable: Can this be deleted so I can set a proper time? And while you're at it, fix the glitch as well;)

Might explain the wacky leaderboard times I saw at Monza in the M1 Procar as well.

P75
12-05-2015, 15:57
Please don't hate me:grumpy: I posted this in the Tech Support Forum already, but I'll put it here too. It was a glitch pure and simple and I'd also like it corrected as soon as possible so I can post a legit time, otherwise I won't get to post a time before the event closes.

First of all, I'd like to give you an apology for jumping to conclusions. I never considered the possibility that this was caused by a glitch, so it was pretty unfair to accuse you of cheating. It's great that you can recall exactly how it happened. Hopefully it can help SMS solve this problem. I hope you will consider sending a private message to one of the devs (click their forum name and you should get the option to send a private message) and explain in as much detail as you can what happened.

Kind regards,
P75

THMcCluskey
12-05-2015, 18:34
52.074, can't quite get under that 52 second barrier; yet.

How someone has managed sub 51 seconds is beyond me.

MisterO
12-05-2015, 18:49
I managed to get below 52 seconds in an online race on saturday - tried to do it in hotlap since then, no success. I can do low 52 constantly, but not below.

ibby
12-05-2015, 20:05
Interestingly my potential time also says 27 seconds so perhaps all the tracks where the potential time is glitching the bug can occur?

THMcCluskey
12-05-2015, 23:28
51.918 :D

Been sub 52 a few times now, found where I was losing time on the first and final corners.

Dan Sheppard
13-05-2015, 01:15
Project Cars has exceeded my expectations and has the professional physics that I desire. But there is only one problem for me so far...

When it comes to online competitions, such as Ghost Time Trials I have noticed that all times posted are for all types of physics settings or racing hardware.
So a person with an x-box controller using driving assists is in the same ranking as a person with a Racing FFB wheel with no driver assists. which I am finding very hard to compete with (me having FFB with no assists)

It would be great if there was at least some details next to the time registered (like what they already have with what controller they used) of physics ranking, so you know who you compare to, in regards to someone with the exact same professional physics setting or from one ameteur to someone else using amateur settings. As you all know, with driving assist players can fly into a corner with little to no resistance on the physics, as with professional mode and the wheel, you will immediately spin out, therefore having to slow down into a corner and losing time overall.

I am going to suggest this to Slight Mad for future racing, it is simply unfair when challenging others from around the world. Your thoughts ?

Worm
13-05-2015, 01:41
Project Cars has exceeded my expectations and has the professional physics that I desire. But there is only one problem for me so far...

When it comes to online competitions, such as Ghost Time Trials I have noticed that all times posted are for all types of physics settings or racing hardware.
So a person with an x-box controller using driving assists is in the same ranking as a person with a Racing FFB wheel with no driver assists. which I am finding very hard to compete with (me having FFB with no assists)

It would be great if there was at least some details next to the time registered (like what they already have with what controller they used) of physics ranking, so you know who you compare to, in regards to someone with the exact same professional physics setting or from one ameteur to someone else using amateur settings. As you all know, with driving assist players can fly into a corner with little to no resistance on the physics, as with professional mode and the wheel, you will immediately spin out, therefore having to slow down into a corner and losing time overall.

I am going to suggest this to Slight Mad for future racing, it is simply unfair when challenging others from around the world. Your thoughts ?

Assists are in the game, if they make you faster then use them, if they don't then don't use them. This game is a racing sim and if an option is available in the real world take a guess what they would do.

You already have a leaderboard for every car and track combo in the game on PC. Adding a different one for each combination of assists is asinine.

PumaSpec
13-05-2015, 09:27
XBOX ONE - I keep getting in the 52:700's with a controller no assists etc. I keep losing time on the first and last corners. Any tips?

Everfire
13-05-2015, 11:05
Please don't hate me:grumpy: I posted this in the Tech Support Forum already, but I'll put it here too. It was a glitch pure and simple and I'd also like it corrected as soon as possible so I can post a legit time, otherwise I won't get to post a time before the event closes. If someone can show this directly to the person who can fix this I'd appreciate it:

I'm on PC, brand new PC, i74790k, GTX970. I decided to try an FF, fired up the Clio at Brands Indy, practiced a few laps, then went to the SMS event. The game blackscreened on me but sound continued as I entered the event, didn't complete a lap. Restarted the game and went right into the event without looking at the leaderboard. Did 9 laps and a decent time and wanted to check my ranking. Here's my result:

Here's the leaderboard:

:miserable: Can this be deleted so I can set a proper time? And while you're at it, fix the glitch as well;)

Might explain the wacky leaderboard times I saw at Monza in the M1 Procar as well.

Glad you posted this here as I'd seen your time last night and was hovering over the submit to steam as an exploit, but glad I didn't now! Very honest of you and I hope they can fix this bug.........

To the rest, I've seen under 52 seconds in races but find it hard to replicate it again, think I'm around the 52.3 mark at best. Been playing a lot with wheel settings though and I'm finding this can make quite a diff to times, seem to have found a happy setting so I'm hoping I can get under the 52 mark soon :)

CSparkes12
13-05-2015, 12:34
I ran about 15 laps on ps4 on this event and then exited out and it said I didnt register a time... Any reason for this?

goughy46
13-05-2015, 13:52
With setup tweaking, mainly roll bar and tyre pressures to reduce understeer got down to a 51.5 (Xbox). No idea how to do the quickest time of a 51.0 but guess it's more setup work.

As a two time Formula Ford Festival podium finisher at Brands I can say with some degree of insight that the track is incredibly close to the real thing. It's impressive!

menaceuk
13-05-2015, 15:58
I( on Xbox 1) managed a 53.109 with the car at stock.

That first corner is a tricky son of a gun.

THMcCluskey
13-05-2015, 18:17
There appears to be a delay with updating the leaderboards.

Say I set a 52.3 and exit out. It'll say I haven't registered a time.

I go back in and set a 52.1. I exit out again, and it'll say I've set a 52.3.

Also occasionally it'll tell me in the pause menu that my fastest lap is slower than what it was. Fortunately this doesn't correlate with the actual leaderboards, as I thought I'd lost my #5 time in the Ariel Atom V8 on Brands Indy.

THMcCluskey
13-05-2015, 18:22
I liked the way it worked on Forza, where the use of TCS, ABS, etc was shown next to the users time.

I also believe that in Forza the absolute quickest way to drive was with no assists. I can only assume this is the same for Project Cars; I certainly hope so anyway.

Of course in real life you're likely to be far more consistent with assists on, than with them off. No assists should merit higher risk, but greater reward in terms of lap times. I've kept all assists off since booting up the game though...

th3d0wnfa11
14-05-2015, 03:25
Hanging out in the low 54s on Xbox one using a controller... Most in the top of the leaderboard are using a wheel...

KiwiMan
15-05-2015, 08:24
5 - When tuning the car and selecting the track to save the tune to, it would be sensible to have more save slots for different tunes. The clio is tuned for the flying lap of qualifying in this case but I would like to have a race tune saved for Brands Indy that won't cook my tyres in a few laps.

Absolutely, the tune saving interface confused me a bit at first but I like that you can save setups by track. But definitely you need to be able to save multiple tunes per track.

52.074, can't quite get under that 52 second barrier; yet.

How someone has managed sub 51 seconds is beyond me.
Yeah, that 52 second barrier was impossible for me until about 5 minutes ago as well. The thing that got me past it was softening the rear sway bar I think. Either that or it was just driving lap after lap after lap. I think I got the consistency achievement for my laps just above the 52 second mark, probably several times over. Seeing sub 51 second times on the leaderboard is just depressing though.

Interestingly my potential time also says 27 seconds so perhaps all the tracks where the potential time is glitching the bug can occur?
Yeah, my potential time says something similar. It's pretty annoying, it would also be nice if the game kept a better record of your lap times as well. Being able to review your lap and sector times after exiting (and during) a session would be nice.

There appears to be a delay with updating the leaderboards.

Say I set a 52.3 and exit out. It'll say I haven't registered a time.

I go back in and set a 52.1. I exit out again, and it'll say I've set a 52.3.

Also occasionally it'll tell me in the pause menu that my fastest lap is slower than what it was. Fortunately this doesn't correlate with the actual leaderboards, as I thought I'd lost my #5 time in the Ariel Atom V8 on Brands Indy.

I haven't experienced delays with the leaderboard updating, but I'm glad it sounds like I wasn't imagining it when I thought I'd made my first sub 52 second time, then looked at the pause menu to see 0:53.003. My previous lap times just above 0:52:000 were consistent, and on that lap I'd seen times at landmarks around the track that were as good as any other lap I'd done. So I thought I was going crazy when I was apparently almost a second slower than I thought I'd been.

On that subject, I find that the sector times on screen aren't consistently showing for me. Quite often they don't appear at all, and it's hard to tell exactly how fast or slow I'm going. I don't even look for them anymore really, and ignore them when they do appear, because I've resorted to just looking at my current lap time when I reach certain points on the track. It would be good if this could be fixed. Like I said, it's rare that I actually see the sector times appear on the screen, but I think they are relative to the current session best. I think it would be good to have the option of displaying sector times relative to your personal best lap overall, not just for the session.

jay080
15-05-2015, 15:20
In this game mode would be interesting to see more easily the total number of participants. When one puts a ghost car lap times could be synchronized with it. Why not put real-time time car in front and behind and ranking in real time.

DUST2DEATH
15-05-2015, 21:00
On that subject, I find that the sector times on screen aren't consistently showing for me. Quite often they don't appear at all, and it's hard to tell exactly how fast or slow I'm going. I don't even look for them anymore really, and ignore them when they do appear, because I've resorted to just looking at my current lap time when I reach certain points on the track. It would be good if this could be fixed. Like I said, it's rare that I actually see the sector times appear on the screen, but I think they are relative to the current session best. I think it would be good to have the option of displaying sector times relative to your personal best lap overall, not just for the session.

Will have to double check cause Im not in the game atm but from memory.

The splits dont show if you have dirtied the lap.
Generally relates to session best as the relative.
Should be able to change from session relative to your "best" time by cycling the lap info (could be wrong here, something tells me you can though).

MisterO
16-05-2015, 08:00
The splits also don't show if your previous lap was invalid, afaik.

wearymick
16-05-2015, 12:52
Which is a little dumb, because the time for that lap *is* valid ...

TRCThrobbinhood
16-05-2015, 16:25
Managed a 51.873 with the pad, but I remember playing Forza with TRC car club and I would do lap after lap not being able to get in the top 100, then a great tuner in the club gave me the tunes and I was in top twenty within a few laps, so even though I probably wouldn't go under 51.00, I would fancy 51.3 with the right tune, I've chased the leader and he goes away after the last corner even if I take it great, tunings not an easy thing to get right.

THMcCluskey
16-05-2015, 21:17
Managed a 51.873 with the pad, but I remember playing Forza with TRC car club and I would do lap after lap not being able to get in the top 100, then a great tuner in the club gave me the tunes and I was in top twenty within a few laps, so even though I probably wouldn't go under 51.00, I would fancy 51.3 with the right tune, I've chased the leader and he goes away after the last corner even if I take it great, tunings not an easy thing to get right.

Definitely, a good tune can shave crazy time off. I was in the same boat on Forza, able to set top 50 times on most lower class tracks, but only if I had a stonking good tuning setup.

Unfortunately I don't know how to tune for sh*t. :apologetic:

TRCThrobbinhood
16-05-2015, 21:29
Just got a 51.497, 360 pad, pretty pleased with that.