PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R Formula A Barcelona GP

Elmo
09-05-2015, 11:41
Formula A at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP

Discuss.

NVI0U5
09-05-2015, 14:03
Are the leaderboards combined platforms or platform specific?
I had a crack at it :Dhttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/NEMOnLISA/Mobile%20Uploads/20150509_200938.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/NEMOnLISA/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150509_200938.jpg.html)

Elmo
09-05-2015, 14:23
Afaik platform specific

Joni Varis
09-05-2015, 16:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jvE1CY_neA&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13bxb0jrvbphnzf423bgrxxuozvxvpet

Maybe someone get some tips from it. I think 1.17 should be doable quite easily, atleast with better setup.

yusupov
09-05-2015, 16:58
shut up, weirdo :P

thx for the share

MisterO
09-05-2015, 18:09
Maybe someone get some tips from it. I think 1.17 should be doable quite easily, atlkeast with better setup.

After I did my first laps, barely managed a high 1:26 and then checked the leaderboards I honestly thought that the top times must have something to do with cutting parts of the track or something like that. This car still scares me.

TrickiestCOL
09-05-2015, 19:04
Do or will the leaderboards show seperate control scheme times, as people with wheel setups r going to have such an advantage. So respect to anyone with a controller if they get anywhere near top of leaderboards. ;)

yusupov
09-05-2015, 19:21
After I did my first laps, barely managed a high 1:26 and then checked the leaderboards I honestly thought that the top times must have something to do with cutting parts of the track or something like that. This car still scares me.

thats the irony of contemporary F1 cars, they are terrifyingly fast but they have insane amoutns of grip, so much that youll see people taking lines in videos you didnt think was physically possible. it basically IS like track-cutting. i dont understand how some ppl just intuitively know a cars limit so well but thats why theyre called aliens i guess.

Diluvian
09-05-2015, 19:45
Ok I started to compete with this event and I'm getting an 1:20:xxx time now (definitely NO cutting) and started to compare my driving with the ghost of the 1:18:xxx times and what do I see..

the watched ghost (FinPro) cuts turn 14 and 15 (the "s" before the last turn - he cuts right before the curbs and drives through the "green colored area"). will those cheaters be kicked out of the list?

LeveQ
09-05-2015, 20:47
Can we tweak the setup at all ? I run out in 7th on the straight and watching the above video that's not the case...

Diluvian
09-05-2015, 21:08
You can tweak the setup by going into your garage (you get acces by clicking on the menu icon on the top right corner)

LeveQ
10-05-2015, 00:18
You can tweak the setup by going into your garage (you get acces by clicking on the menu icon on the top right corner)

Well, there's my problem xD

yusupov
10-05-2015, 00:21
beat the cheat! :D

NVI0U5
10-05-2015, 00:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jvE1CY_neA&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13bxb0jrvbphnzf423bgrxxuozvxvpet

Maybe someone get some tips from it. I think 1.17 should be doable quite easily, atleast with better setup.

That was beast man, good work

TheLethalDose
10-05-2015, 00:56
That was a very impressive time Joni, especially seeing as most people are cutting straight through the last chicane to get similar times.

yusupov
10-05-2015, 01:04
im really confused/astounded about the cutting in this game. i just did a 5 lap formula rookie race @ spa & after getting spun by the AI i decided wtf, ill just cut the final chicane to gain back the time, i do this 3 laps, never get a slow down, warning anything just a notice that my time wont be valid...i mean it was just egregious what i was doing, afaik the rules are either 'on' or 'off' so i didnt manually disable anything...and i know ive been warned about track-cutting before? it just bewilders me that the cut rules seem to suddenly go lax at the places where its most opportune to cut! if its like this in MP (& i assume it is)...why would anyone bother?

Joni Varis
10-05-2015, 05:17
I was wondering yesterday how on earth that FinPro guy had done over half a sec faster sector 3 time after being much slower at s1 & 2. Then took a look to ghost, damn he didnt even try to stay on track at last chicane, just stranghtlined it completely.

This has always been puzzling me on every racing sims/games.I really dont get what kind of pleasure these guys gets when setting top times by obvious cheats.

KiwiMan
10-05-2015, 06:37

Wow, and I see you're two tenths faster than that now. My theoretical best is like 1:24 or something. I can see from your video that you are braking quite a bit later than me, and also have a much tidier lines through many of the corners. But I don't even know how I could improve that much. I'm using a controller and sometimes there can be frustrations due to that, but I don't think I could get much faster than 1:22 if I did everything as well as possible.

Well done.

NVI0U5
10-05-2015, 08:10
So I tuned my car a bit on xbone if anyone wants the tune just PM me took it out on lap 3 I got this!! Totally stoked
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/NEMOnLISA/Mobile%20Uploads/20150510_180307.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/NEMOnLISA/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150510_180307.jpg.html)

Diluvian
10-05-2015, 10:05
that you are braking quite a bit later than me

same here. Best time I can drive is about 1:20:xxx and watching the video he definietly brakes later in every corner.

@Joni, would you share some setup tips? I think this is not the default setup? I'm not able to brake that late without having too much understeer.

Joni Varis
10-05-2015, 10:15
Well its not totally default, but tbh i didnt change too much. More front wing, gearing & ride height tweaks, also moved brake bias more to front and tweaked differential. Havent touched springs or dampers at all yet.

Also as note: Using kers & DRS problerly at right places can make quite a bit difference to laptime.

grester
10-05-2015, 11:06
I've done 1:30 with defaults and after watching the video I'm like "Damn the defaults have no grip at all!"

Also semi related with corner cutting, Quote from a Senior (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22944-Miscellaneous-Few-bugs&p=891654&viewfull=1#post891654).

Joni Varis
10-05-2015, 11:27
Default aint that bad. I did my first laps with bone stock set and best i got was like 1.20. With more laps could easily still shave some time off from that.

robnroll88
10-05-2015, 11:58
[I really dont get what kind of pleasure these guys gets when setting top times by obvious cheats.[/QUOTE]

Well I have to say how can they even do it, surely these tracks have been tested to death, why weren't these blatant corners patched so they can't be cut? And will they? I don't really see how you can offer prizes and hold competitions like this when its a race between the best cheaters? Until all these corners that can be cut are patched whats the point in entering if like me you want to race fairly. Its disappointing from a development point of view as this should of been picked up well before release, on monza you can't cut the very first turn on the s bend, and on monaco you can cut the first right hander completely.

grester
10-05-2015, 12:38
Well I have to say how can they even do it, surely these tracks have been tested to death, why weren't these blatant corners patched so they can't be cut? And will they?
Tracks cut corners aren't that optimized, simple as that. I've said it before, during Closed Beta they seemt to only focus on gameplay experience and visuals (that's only thing you saw on youtube back then), and they kinda avoided any other kind of problems the game had (which so far I've personally found like 10 of them).

robnroll88
10-05-2015, 12:59
yes its just a shame to see, and the game has been out a matter of days yet theres a lot of the cheat corners come up already, and really obvious ones at that, I found the one on monaco by accident on an online race, i overtook a car on the main straight heading for turn 1, and I braked to late and slid right over the turn a cut it, and got no penalty, so I slowed down and gave the guy the place back, as in real life i should of been penalised. the next lap i thought ile try that again, this time i directly cut it, right over the curb, and nothing. I mean it doesn't get more obvious than that to me, and holding competitions offering prizes to people who cheat before fixing these problems doesn't seem fair to the players who put the time and effort in to race fairly and clean. I've seen videos on youtube of people setting times and cheating, and its irritating for people who genuinely want to race a fair race.

KiwiMan
10-05-2015, 13:02
Well its not totally default, but tbh i didnt change too much. More front wing, gearing & ride height tweaks, also moved brake bias more to front and tweaked differential. Havent touched springs or dampers at all yet.

Also as note: Using kers & DRS problerly at right places can make quite a bit difference to laptime.

Wow, 1:20 with default setup. Did you have any problem with brakes locking or do you just slam them on fully? Or was that what you changed the brake bias for?

NVI0U5
10-05-2015, 13:02
Hotlapping pro's been doing it for years remember on PGR we would wall bounce to gain those extra few micro seconds, welcome to hotlapping we will take whatever line which is fastest, stretch any track rules to make it happen

TheLethalDose
10-05-2015, 13:20

DOH! Just watched your vid again and was thinking to myself what the little bar going down next to the DRS was...been trying to get into the 1.19's and didn't even realise there is a KERS...facepalm.

NVI0U5
10-05-2015, 13:25
The LethalDose I altered that tune its in the setup subforum I ran a 1:20.188 with a bit left in it, you might wanna check it out

TheLethalDose
10-05-2015, 13:49
Cheers man, the original setup you helped me out with got me onto the leaderboard at least.

Will try the new setup and actually use KERS tomorrow and see if I can't get the No.1 spot.

One question: why such a small (higher acceleration) final drive? I found I was hitting the rev limiter in 7th for ages on the maim straight.

NVI0U5
10-05-2015, 13:52
Yeah I changed that in the new tune, I had it close to run the full straight with max rpm that annoyed me but check the new ratio out works better

Joni Varis
10-05-2015, 13:53
Wow, 1:20 with default setup. Did you have any problem with brakes locking or do you just slam them on fully? Or was that what you changed the brake bias for? Didnt really have any massive problems, default gearing is bit tricky so you just have to time the downshifts proberly to avoid rear locking.

Joni Varis
10-05-2015, 18:13
More cutters apparently :(

Anyway im done with this, cant improve from 1.17.3 anymore as it was pretty much perfect lap. Im sure some cutter will wipe my time again soon, but im rather p2, p10 or whatever but driving inside the track.

Diluvian
10-05-2015, 18:42
omg 1.17.3 .. I propably get a 1.19.xx when driving absolutely perfect (for me) with my setup.. Really amazing time. You definitely got a perfect setup. With default I get 1:20:xx

yusupov
10-05-2015, 18:48
Yeah I changed that in the new tune, I had it close to run the full straight with max rpm that annoyed me but check the new ratio out works better

check what where? did you share a setup?

im having issues w/ the gearing too, 7th was i guess too long or something, acted like a cruising gear, so i just ran 6 gears. and as joni said downshifting into first is really hairy tbh i gave up after f'ing up 3 straight laps by spinning out after shifting into 1st too early.

fix_Y
10-05-2015, 19:55
Hi Guys!

Where can i see how many people start in this event? In the beta version was a good html site, but now cant work.

...and i change my HUD layout in the game and after restart dont remember it... so i think dont save it...Why?

NVI0U5
10-05-2015, 22:47
check what where? did you share a setup?

im having issues w/ the gearing too, 7th was i guess too long or something, acted like a cruising gear, so i just ran 6 gears. and as joni said downshifting into first is really hairy tbh i gave up after f'ing up 3 straight laps by spinning out after shifting into 1st too early.
Yes sir it is in here, Ive had guys send me private messages of times as low as 1.18.xxx with this setup

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23235-***Free-Formula-A-tune-XboxOne-Controller-Tune***

TheLethalDose
11-05-2015, 07:49
Yes sir it is in here, Ive had guys send me private messages of times as low as 1.18.xxx with this setup

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23235-***Free-Formula-A-tune-XboxOne-Controller-Tune***

Just ran a 1.19.258 with your setup, did a 1.18.800 which would have put me in 1st place on the ps4 leaderboard but slightly clipped a boundary which invalidated my time :(

Lunerock
11-05-2015, 07:59
I don't get better than 1:24:xxx a vid of the rounds before it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I8T6E5VRs0

Any tips as long as I got time to get better?

NemethR
11-05-2015, 08:35

You know what is really fun about this...

I do it exactly as you, I watched this video 5 times now, and you use the same braking points as I do, you start to accelerate at the same points where I do. But you can go faster then I do... I do not understand how :D

NemethR
11-05-2015, 08:36
Ok I started to compete with this event and I'm getting an 1:20:xxx time now (definitely NO cutting) and started to compare my driving with the ghost of the 1:18:xxx times ...

HOW can you downaload a ghost?!

Joni Varis
11-05-2015, 08:44
On time trial you can add ghost

NemethR
11-05-2015, 08:48
On time trial you can add ghost

Thanks Joni, but how can you get one?! "Started to compare my driving with the gost of the 1:18 times". But how do you get someone else's ghost?

Joni Varis
11-05-2015, 09:31
Someone else need to give instructions about that for now. Im not at home and dont remeber how it was added.

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 09:37
Just ran a 1.19.258 with your setup, did a 1.18.800 which would have put me in 1st place on the ps4 leaderboard but slightly clipped a boundary which invalidated my time :(

Oh yeah good stuff man!! Ive just gone into the :19s

Lunerock
11-05-2015, 09:43
Using your setup too, thanks for that.

I try harder getting my 1:24:xxx beaten

theredeye_uk
11-05-2015, 10:33
Loving the game but I'm confused about ghosts and setups... under the normal Hot Lap section I can get ghosts, but for the Barcelona Formula A community event can anyone confirm:

1) how you can view / access a ghost from the leaderboard
2) if you can tweak setup or is this locked for the community challenge events?

Thanks!

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 10:36
Loving the game but I'm confused about ghosts and setups... under the normal Hot Lap section I can get ghosts, but for the Barcelona Formula A community event can anyone confirm:

1) how you can view / access a ghost from the leaderboard
2) if you can tweak setup or is this locked for the community challenge events?

Thanks!

You can access ghosts in time trials only.
you can tune the car in your garage then use it in the event

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 10:38
Using your setup too, thanks for that.

I try harder getting my 1:24:xxx beaten

Heres a tip if you want faster time sometimes its easier to cut corners in certain areas

NemethR
11-05-2015, 12:19
Heres a tip if you want faster time sometimes its easier to cut corners in certain areas

Or cut the whole track alltogether.

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 12:28
Or cut the whole track alltogether.

Or that as well lol if the track rules accept it :)

Lunerock
11-05-2015, 12:36
I don't wanna cut a lot. I wanna try to get a Nice, clean round with a time about 1:20:xx

Nothing more

Diluvian
11-05-2015, 13:02

What? I almost hit 1:19 without cutting anything. I'm driving with front wing about 10 and rear about 5 to hit that time, with other wing setups I cannot reach that point. I'm in general loosing too much time in last sector .. don't know how I can improve my slow-corner driving style.

@Lunerock, are you with a wheel or gamepad? I had to drive a lot of laps .. training training training. I changed some small stuff but the most significant for me was the wing setup: 10 front and 5 rear (as far as I remember lol)

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 13:25
What? I almost hit 1:19 without cutting anything. I'm driving with front wing about 10 and rear about 5 to hit that time, with other wing setups I cannot reach that point. I'm in general loosing too much time in last sector .. don't know how I can improve my slow-corner driving style.

@Lunerock, are you with a wheel or gamepad? I had to drive a lot of laps .. training training training. I changed some small stuff but the most significant for me was the wing setup: 10 front and 5 rear (as far as I remember lol)
Try doing it with an XboxOne on a controller ;)

Joni Varis
11-05-2015, 13:37
So basicly you are saying if your not fast enough, simply cheat your way up? Sorry, but thats most idiotic thing ive heard for while.

I seriously wish all these cheater times will be removed, its just completely ridicilous atm. Like now some new guy (BAM Anto) just take the cutting at last sector to another level by setting last sector time over 1sec faster that you can achieve by actually staying inside track. Like that you can drive like s**t on first 2 sectors, then just straightline the last chicane all together. Sounds legit (NOT)

After Watching ghosts, four of the top 5 decided to use their own fantasy track layout on sector 3 :mad:

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 13:52
Who said it's cheating? Is the hotlapper getting penalized for it? Is it deemed illegal no? Soon your purist no cut leaderboards will be flooded with hotlappers like myself looking for ways to exploit track limits to get the fastest time with no penalties and theres nothing you can do about it. Then you can tell me how the no cutting is going for you. :) There's two different breeds coming through Home PC and Gaming Console users, Console users have been bending hotlapping rules a long time. I remember wall bouncing PGR to retain those extra few micro seconds. Cheating? Call it what you like, but aint gonna be me ranked in the 100s or 1000s, well or even 10s of thousands depending on how good the exploits are.

Joni Varis
11-05-2015, 13:56
Well gladly on another thread there was mentioned by moderator that actions against cheated times will be done, so good luck for you.

Also good luck on real life with such mentality, going always where the fence is lowest. You will notice at some point where it will bite you back ;)

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 14:01
Yes, because a forum moderator can reset the leaderboards lol

Joni Varis
11-05-2015, 14:04
Direct quote:

"The issues with cutting / cheating have been notice and actions will be taken.

Don't worry, nobody with not legit times will take home points or prices. "

You may not know, but i do that that these moderators are same guys who were very much involved at WMD. They were back then, and still are very much in contact with developers.

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 14:15
Cool story bro Ill see it when it happens, SMS and WMD have bigger problems than the LBs right now, its called fixing the game. With the amount of negative reviews from the consumers, pCars will be lucky to recover from at the moment they are reliant on the preorders and the $5-10 per game they be making to pay for the employee to patch it, code it, then send it to certification. Budget was tight hence the "polished" retail versions. Do you think the Leaderboards is their biggest concern right now? No maybe in 3 months when the bugs get ironed out by then they will only have one choice and thats to wipe the LBs. Ive seen it happen plenty of times before.

Joni Varis
11-05-2015, 14:25
You can think whatever you like.

Minkyrich
11-05-2015, 14:40
I have set lap times but my times don't show on the boards, anyone know why. Not sure if it's related but my times in free practice don't appear in the records window either???

Joni Varis
11-05-2015, 14:50
You need to do times in event or time trial. FP times wont get to leaderboards.

Minkyrich
11-05-2015, 15:25
Ahh it's ok now, the times seem to take a while to show up. Thanks.

Diluvian
11-05-2015, 15:53
@NVI0U5 - This game is about realism. Sooner or later they will fix those unrealistic possibilities cause this game is not intented to work like NFS. Maybe you really get some chances to cheat but later on you definitely have to drive the right way. I'm one of those guys who do not understand why human beings try to cheat everywhere where it's possible. People often find pockets with money on the ground .. and keep it. Why the fuck? Someone else worked hard for that .. sorry for running out of the track a bit :disillusionment:

Phishfinger
11-05-2015, 19:57
@NVI0U5 - This game is about realism. Sooner or later they will fix those unrealistic possibilities cause this game is not intented to work like NFS. Maybe you really get some chances to cheat but later on you definitely have to drive the right way. I'm one of those guys who do not understand why human beings try to cheat everywhere where it's possible. People often find pockets with money on the ground .. and keep it. Why the fuck? Someone else worked hard for that .. sorry for running out of the track a bit :disillusionment:

I always assume it's mainly children driving when I see constant corner cutting, maybe it's presumptuous of me but everyone I know grew out of cheating/shortcuts in racing games years ago. A fast lap just doesn't hold any value if they've gone off the track and gained time.

Forza had it nailed pretty well but I like the system in 'Ride' where if you cut your bike across a corner you get an instant time penalty added on, or at least you do when it works properly.

yusupov
11-05-2015, 20:01
i think it can be fixed very simply, apparently these cut corners are something to do w/ AI where you or the AI would get unfairly penalized. in TTs thats irrelevant, if you have four wheels off the track its an invalid lap, thats pretty simple isnt it??

David Semperger
11-05-2015, 22:07
I always assume it's mainly children driving when I see constant corner cutting, maybe it's presumptuous of me but everyone I know grew out of cheating/shortcuts in racing games years ago. A fast lap just doesn't hold any value if they've gone off the track and gained time.

Personally I think it's the job of the sim to define the track limits, everything else is just opinion and as such subjective. A competition with subjective rules is not a competition. People can either accept the rules, use a slower line they feel is right or not participate. Yes, cuts like these should absolutely be fixed, but in the mean time I won't give up positions just because I don't like the current rules. That's not what racing is about. Cuts or no cuts, using a given line the better driver will be faster.

By the way, I'm fine with invalidating laps during or after an event, but I hope that the cut detection will also be adjusted at the same time.

Joni Varis
12-05-2015, 05:15
Its not like cutting is allowed even now, leaning to those "rules" is just bad excuse. As Elmo allready mentioned here on forum actions against cutters / cheaters will be taken. You cutters might have fun now, but im sure the few of us who actually drove problerly will eventually get the last laugh.

David Semperger
12-05-2015, 09:11
Its not like cutting is allowed even now, leaning to those "rules" is just bad excuse.

What other rules are there?

As Elmo allready mentioned here on forum actions against cutters / cheaters will be taken. You cutters might have fun now, but im sure the few of us who actually drove problerly will eventually get the last laugh.

To be clear, nobody is laughing at anyone and despite the cuts I think it's obvious to everyone that you were the best driver in this competition. Like I said, I'm also completely fine with times getting invalidated after an event. However, if people can so easily tell cuts from proper lines, why not let the game enforce those lines and spare everyone the headache? Why would we rely on the subjective opinion of judges, when the sim could enforce any rules objectively? This is one of the few areas where we could easily improve upon real races if you ask me and not doing so seems like a huge wasted opportunity. Again, I hope the allowed racing lines will be reviewed (they should have been before these events honestly) at the same time laps will be invalidated. Especially since we both know how long these cuts existed.

yusupov
12-05-2015, 09:14
Its not like cutting is allowed even now, leaning to those "rules" is just bad excuse. As Elmo allready mentioned here on forum actions against cutters / cheaters will be taken. You cutters might have fun now, but im sure the few of us who actually drove problerly will eventually get the last laugh.

cutting IS allowed though, thats his point. if its not illegal its allowed. its BS but its allowed, he is right they need to fix that.

like i said if someone can explain to me why in a TT you can not simply nullify laps where the driver goes off track (imo full off track not how R3E & iracing do it)???

FA RACING 01
12-05-2015, 11:36
I'm from the old school of "two wheels on track", and probably the reason I will never make the top 10 on PCars LB's [best is top 11 for now] or win a prize, but if some drivers decide cutting the corner in full to go tops, well that's up to them to decide what they actually proofs or learn from that. What is however ridiculous are some drivers kinda completely changing the layout of the track like making the "esses" at the end of Barcelona a straight line. Whatever rules are applied, that's plain cheating and no argument will proof me otherwise.

David Semperger
12-05-2015, 15:30
I'm from the old school of "two wheels on track", and probably the reason I will never make the top 10 on PCars LB's

Not all tracks have cuts like Catalunya does. The GT Sprint event at Brands Hatch was clean and fun. If nothing changes that probably won't be the case at Monaco two weeks from now though.

if some drivers decide cutting the corner in full to go tops, well that's up to them to decide what they actually proofs or learn from that.

When you are trying to execute a cut cleanly, lap after lap, you can learn a lot about how you should approach a kerb, how the cars will react to it and how you can change that with the setup. The cutting of the last chicane at Catalunya is hardly a challenge, but that's not always the case. :)

What is however ridiculous are some drivers kinda completely changing the layout of the track like making the "esses" at the end of Barcelona a straight line. Whatever rules are applied, that's plain cheating and no argument will proof me otherwise.

When the game allows us to leave the track with 4 wheels then everything goes. Like you said, at that point it's up to everyone to decide what's acceptable. This is why we need clear rules enforced by the sim itself, we can't have drivers decide the rules for themselves.

Rift Racer
12-05-2015, 15:46
The white lines should define track limits, and 2 wheels should need to be inside at ALL times on a hotlap / time trial event for the time to count.

Simple as that, and really wouldn't take much to implement (although i assume that's the way it's actually meant to be, and the problems were seeing now are just bugs / oversights and will be fixed shortly)

yusupov
12-05-2015, 15:50
just so were clear, literally 2 wheels and not center of mass or whatever it is that makes iracing so damn frustrating?

darickster
12-05-2015, 16:18
Hi Elmo,
Can you point out why we have to drive the ugly @ss 'wireframe' livery in these events? :P

David Semperger
12-05-2015, 18:15
Hi Elmo,
Can you point out why we have to drive the ugly @ss 'wireframe' livery in these events? :P

You don't have to. When you first select an event a livery is chosen for you randomly. However, if after selecting the event you go into your garage (drop-down menu at the top-right of the screen) you can select the same car with a different livery and the game will remember your selection for the events.

TRCThrobbinhood
12-05-2015, 21:07
Can I say thank you to Joni Varis, about posting the set up, I use the 360 pad since selling my wheels due to space, managed a 1.23 messing around myself, but used your set up and took 2 seconds off in the first 3 laps, and that's after 4 pints of stella lol, so I can go quicker tomorrow. 42nd place at the moment.

Fabian Baumgarten
12-05-2015, 22:19
am i right that this event is restarted at 12 June? i just saw something like that ingame (PC)...

ADRLONDON
13-05-2015, 11:07
Lol all the talk about the sms championship and they're not even bothered to update the points on the web and it finished 2 days ago

o Mike V o
14-05-2015, 04:08
Who said it's cheating? Is the hotlapper getting penalized for it? Is it deemed illegal no? Soon your purist no cut leaderboards will be flooded with hotlappers like myself looking for ways to exploit track limits to get the fastest time with no penalties and theres nothing you can do about it. Then you can tell me how the no cutting is going for you. :) There's two different breeds coming through Home PC and Gaming Console users, Console users have been bending hotlapping rules a long time. I remember wall bouncing PGR to retain those extra few micro seconds. Cheating? Call it what you like, but aint gonna be me ranked in the 100s or 1000s, well or even 10s of thousands depending on how good the exploits are.

Please stop posting, you are giving the clean console racers a bad name.

FA RACING 01
14-05-2015, 06:19

In principle I'm with you on the clean lap approach Mike and always stick to the "two wheels on track" ideology. However, I've read quite a few arguments on this forum promoting the principle of "apply what the system allows you to apply" and I must say the argument also makes sense and think we should respect those views too.

Let me ask you this - if your bookkeeper finds a flaw in your country's Tax laws which would put a few 1000 dollars in your pocket, but you know that's not what the Tax Authorities intended, would you cash in on that. Most people will. Or if your wife causes a car accident and on the verge of being charged for manslaughter and being arrested, your attorney find a technical flaw in the Law that will cause your wife to walk out although she clearly caused the accident, would you take that. Most people will. So what makes that different to PCars where the SIM allows you to cut corners etc. In front of the SIM, everyone is equal.

I don't say cutting corners is ok and as previously said I firmly follows the two wheel on track approach. What I am saying is that the counter argument also carries weight and we should at least respect that. Telling people not to post because we don't agree is no way to debate or to interact on public forum. Just my two cents.

Joni Varis
14-05-2015, 06:27
It will be interesting to see how these guys will cope when (soon) you cant do it anymore, my guess is that they will disappear from leaderboards/game when they cant cheat their way to win. Encourage people to cheat (As NVI0U5 have done here) is just something i wont & never will understand.

David Semperger
14-05-2015, 08:14
It will be interesting to see how these guys will cope when (soon) you cant do it anymore, my guess is that they will disappear from leaderboards/game when they cant cheat their way to win.

Could we stop with the namecalling please? I think Anto, Ti-tech and I did fairly well in the GT Sprint event for a bunch of "cheaters", despite that there we couldn't cut corners. Again, just because people don't adhere to your rules doesn't mean that they are bad drivers. Your position in a race isn't decided by how honorable you are, but by how quick you are. For that reason real racing teams and drivers are stretching the rules all the time as well, trying to get away with whatever they can. Sure, sometimes the governing bodies do have to step in, but that doesn't mean that they are cheaters, just that part of the rules are up to interpretation.

Joni Varis
14-05-2015, 08:58
Well i was mainly talking about this situation as big picture. I didnt even bother watch ghosts anymore latter part of event, but im sure there werent many guys on top 20 that stayed on track whole lap. Also it isnt my rules, if the cutting would be allowed results would of been published allready. But yes we will never agree on this. In this particular even it has nothing to do how quick you are, you could be slow in 2/3 sectors but still get top times just because of cut on last chicane, also cutting the chicane meant you could use kers differently to gain even more (use it all at 2 first sectors) when staying in track most optimum was to leave chunk of it for slow last chicane exit.

Same goes really for bavarian event. You gain so much by straightlining the chicanes ,that even if you drive poorly you still easily beat times done staying on the track. Another thing is that in event like bavarian, you can use completely different setup when you are only committed to cutting everywhere you can. You dont need to do tight corners = you can use setup that is faster on straight line but bad on corners. You wouldnt ever be competetive with same setup staying inside the lines.

Iwanchek
14-05-2015, 10:09
need a good setup for this one...if someone have solid one, can you post here :)

NVI0U5
14-05-2015, 10:35
It will be interesting to see how these guys will cope when (soon) you cant do it anymore, my guess is that they will disappear from leaderboards/game when they cant cheat their way to win. Encourage people to cheat (As NVI0U5 have done here) is just something i wont & never will understand.
Lol your still crying? With your attitude you'll be the first to disappear when going gets hard crys everyones cheating, that cars faster than mine ohh he must be cheating. Your pathetic crying is growing old really quickly

NVI0U5
14-05-2015, 10:40
How about you should stop posting, 11 posts in and your demanding me to stop posting. Maybe you start racing some more I havent even seen you in the top 10 on the Leaderboards.

David Semperger
14-05-2015, 10:41
Lol your still crying? With your attitude you'll be the first to disappear when going gets hard crys everyones cheating, that cars faster than mine ohh he must be cheating. Your pathetic crying is growing old really quickly

There's really no need for this. Joni has proven his skill time and time again here during the development and in others sims as well. It's extremely rare to see someone beat him if they are both using the same racing line. To doubt his ability is a mistake. If these cuts wouldn't be allowed he would have beaten everyone to a pulp with the Formula A. His only "failing" (if you even want to call it that) is that he is too honorable and proper to go beyond what the rules of real world racing would allow.

Joni Varis
14-05-2015, 10:45

You can still think whatever you want, wont make any difference to me. Im totally fine if someone is genuinely faster, doesnt bother me one bit. But cheating & actually encourage other people to do so aswell is something we really dont need here, that is pathetic.

NVI0U5
14-05-2015, 11:44
Perhaps you should whine and whinge to people who made this game or helped suggest ideas for the game, oh wait your a WMD member so if this is such an issue for you perhaps you should have put in your notes to make harsher penalties or decrease the allowed track margins, oh wait you didnt?
Oh actually dont reply because I dont care what you think.
I paid full rrp for this game Ill play it how ever I like if you dont like it then stiff shit.

David Semperger
14-05-2015, 11:59
your a WMD member so if this is such an issue for you perhaps you should have put in your notes to make harsher penalties or decrease the allowed track margins, oh wait you didnt?

Again, drop the attitude please, it doesn't help anyone. And for the record, Joni and others did heavily criticize this aspect of the game even in the past.

o Mike V o
14-05-2015, 15:07
Do the community a favor and ban this troll.

dyr_gl
14-05-2015, 15:55
Another problem with Barcelona is the outside of T3. That green cement has waaaay too much grip. Respect for the people that gets 1:20 on default, you never know how good a lap with tuned setup is, but having done almost a race distance on default you understand 1:20 is pretty fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQYIh62OGS4

ADRLONDON
14-05-2015, 15:58
lol double points or triple if you have all platform so i am out should be every platform individually but if you can guet point for every system than that just kill it for me i am out

ADRLONDON
14-05-2015, 16:08

FA RACING 01
14-05-2015, 21:35
Huh. You cant be serious.

DUST2DEATH
14-05-2015, 21:42
Perhaps you should whine and whinge to people who made this game or helped suggest ideas for the game, oh wait your a WMD member so if this is such an issue for you perhaps you should have put in your notes to make harsher penalties or decrease the allowed track margins, oh wait you didnt?

A lot of us did raise various issues regarding corner cutting, wall bouncing etc. Not everything was addressed before release, doesnt mean we didnt raise it.

NVI0U5
15-05-2015, 00:06
A lot of us did raise various issues regarding corner cutting, wall bouncing etc. Not everything was addressed before release, doesnt mean we didnt raise it.

Im pretty sure you guys (WMD) would have, some of the cuts are outrageous, i was chasing down #1 time on dubai couldn't figure out how this guy could get 2 seconds up on T2, then I had no choice but find exactly where the cuts were, its shit but sometimes to get those #1 you have to do what you got to do, example Dubai rampup first inside rumble to get airborne landing it on the other hand is sketchy which will allow you to land into the hairpin bypassing the tight chicane, it is a problem, which does need to be rectified, the game does need to implement 2 wheels in the dirt only.
Im not going to sit here and cry that theyre cheating etc it is what it is, I just put up or follow the lines to obtain that #1 position.
Even as this competition has done its rewarded those who can follow the fastest sim defined track allowances. Is it the right way or wrong sure its a dirty way to get the times, and does take away the purist skills such as Joni Varis, trust me I feel bad for the guy, I have no doubts that he is one of the quickest clean hotlappers, at this stage I will run hotlaps clean until I have no choice but to follow suit until SMS choose to reset the Leaderboards then Ill go back through and run the "clean" lines.
Its a choice we all have at this stage, until game devs decide othewise.

o Mike V o
15-05-2015, 19:35
How about you should stop posting, 11 posts in and your demanding me to stop posting. Maybe you start racing some more I havent even seen you in the top 10 on the Leaderboards.

LOL are you really bragging about being in the top 10 when ythis game has only been out for a little over a week? Don't you worry, you are going to humbled in a couple months time.

NVI0U5
15-05-2015, 21:35
LOL are you really bragging about being in the top 10 when ythis game has only been out for a little over a week? Don't you worry, you are going to humbled in a couple months time.

Good bring it on :D