PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS SMS-R Championship - General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Elmo
09-05-2015, 11:44
This thread if for General Discussion of the Project CARS SMS-R Championship Season 2015

All information here (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html)

Current round threads:
SMS-R Formula A Barcelona GP (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22732-SMS-R-Formula-A-Barcelona-GP)
SMS-R Brands Hatch GT Sprint (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22728-SMS-R-Brands-Hatch-GT-Sprint)

Lunerock
09-05-2015, 12:54
Ok.
I don't know if i am blind, but I got some questions. First of all is there any was to see how many drivers habe participated so far? It is netter to know how good my actual placing is.

The list I see is The one including only The drivers in platform. Will it ne mixed for The final points?

Thanks in advance,

Lunerock

BrotherRogue
09-05-2015, 20:11
I havent noticed that either Lunerock and true, it'd be nice to see how crap I really am :D Also a sneak peak of some of the prizes would for sure urge me to maybe stay awake an extra hour or so of a night time session :P

The main thing I came to discuss as I feel it needs a mention here, with the exceptionally responsive yet unreliable controller system I've heard is being looked and will recieve a fix in the future. As most of you know there are two massive dead zones on the far right and far left of the analogue stick.

So there is a recognized bug ? oversight ? who knows but that has seriously put a dent in my enthusiasm to play the game, not only because it is very laborious to try and enjoy the drive but also I am missing out on the competion some only run for three days, I dont want to miss any of season one because of faulty controllers.

I guess im not really here to discuss anything, still a problem shared is a problem halved, im just gutted I'm 10 seconds off the pace on nearly every single race I play on, is it me or do those dead zones on the left and right of the stick need removing, and pronto.

TheLethalDose
10-05-2015, 01:02
I don't see the point in this championship now from all the corner cutting and glitching saved setups into the otherwise "as is" cars.

Kevin Leaune
10-05-2015, 02:05
Will have you he of the rewards for 20 first ones there?

ZokyCRO
10-05-2015, 15:45
Any chance for a stock car TT in the future? I seriously don't have have enough time for setuping car and then drive and it's not my thing...

darickster
12-05-2015, 16:15
Hi Elmo,
Can you point out why we have to drive the ugly @ss livery in these events? :P

This thread if for General Discussion of the Project CARS SMS-R Championship Season 2015

All information here (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html)

Current round threads:
SMS-R Formula A Barcelona GP (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22732-SMS-R-Formula-A-Barcelona-GP)
SMS-R Brands Hatch GT Sprint (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22728-SMS-R-Brands-Hatch-GT-Sprint)

ADRLONDON
13-05-2015, 11:10
Lol all the talk about the sms championship and they're not even bothered to update the points on the web and it finished 2 days ago:chargrined:

Fabian Baumgarten
13-05-2015, 20:08
maybe its because they will restart the first two events. i found these two community events at 12th June saying "....-Re-race" or something like that.

Rob Stewart
13-05-2015, 20:16
I can't find anywhere that tells you what track configurations and cars they will be using for these events. Is this so you don't practice before hand? Mind you I'm finding it's the same for the career too, you actually have to enter into the race weekend before you find out what track you'll be on, seems a bit odd.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Diluvian
13-05-2015, 20:38
I really don't want to repeat them :p .. hopefully it's just a "re-opening" and the old times will stay? Or maybe nothing of that

Joni Varis
13-05-2015, 21:14
Well tbh most of top times at FA event was done with blatant cuts, so i think it would be quite fair to run it again with track boundaries fixed.

Thanato
13-05-2015, 21:16
Hey peeps, noob here, I had a question : Are you using driving aids to hotlap ? I personnaly get better times with anti-blocking and traction control, but I know I kinda suck when I see those hotlap videos, so I'm wondering what you guys think, are you able to get cleaner trajectory without it ?

Joni Varis
13-05-2015, 21:18
No driving aids for me. But at WMD leaderboard i could see that lot of guys used tc,abs and some even stability control.

Thanato
13-05-2015, 21:20
Oh where can you see that ?

Joni Varis
13-05-2015, 21:24
On the private forum we used when game was under development. Not sure if there is publick web leaderboard, but im sure some guys here can give you answer about that.

NVI0U5
13-05-2015, 21:56
Oh where can you see that ?
Right here bud its public but only gives times for steam customers on PC

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=521933422&vehicle=0

Thanato
13-05-2015, 22:50
Ah thank you very much !

That's a nice tool, it allows me to answer my question perfectly :)

(I hope they add a search by username someday or add some kind of friendlist IG, the game is great but is missing some basic social feature :/)

David Semperger
14-05-2015, 08:47
I can't find anywhere that tells you what track configurations and cars they will be using for these events.

I don't know if this is intended, but currently you can see which track configuration and car will be used if you first select the community events and then go to the time trial menu. The track and car from the event will be selected for you.

ADRLONDON
14-05-2015, 15:55
lol double points or triple if you have all platform so i am out should be every platform individually but if you can guet point for every system than that just kill it for me i am out

David Semperger
14-05-2015, 16:41
So basically we need to have multiple platforms if we want to be competitive and if we don't have that we can't even see the times we are competing against? It seems that track cuts were the least of our problems. This seriously curbs my enthusiasm for this tournament.

Diluvian
14-05-2015, 16:55
No driving aids for me. But at WMD leaderboard i could see that lot of guys used tc,abs and some even stability control.

Wtf I always use "real" driving aids, my tyres did lock and I often spun cause of too much throttle, why the hell does it say I'd use Stability Control, TC, ABS ?! I only use auto clutch. This leaderboard is wrong Oo

ibby
14-05-2015, 16:57
Wtf I always use "real" driving aids, my tyres did lock and I often spun cause of too much throttle, why the hell does it say I'd use Stability Control, TC, ABS ?! I only use auto clutch. This leaderboard is wrong Oo

Real means all the driving aids the real car has. ;)
Not sure why it uses stability control then though.

Diluvian
14-05-2015, 17:04
I know what "real" means and since when has the formula A abs, traction control and stability control? nothing of that works ingame, i can easily lock the brakes I can easily make burnouts etc. .. there's no indicator what shows me that I have activated them.

[edit] when changing the driving aids mode in options I have displayed all three icons on external view and cannot lock the tyres anymore, stability control is working and TC is working. I definitely didn't use them.

David Semperger
14-05-2015, 17:05
Real means all the driving aids the real car has. ;)
Not sure why it uses stability control then though.

It may not actually. IIRC the web-based leaderboards show assists inaccurately. Basically when you use real assists they will show up on the web up as if all the assists were enabled, even if one or more assists weren't. You can only check what assists were really enabled for your own car, if you go to one of the external camera views and check their icons on the HUD. Checking the assists of others is still unreliable as far as I know.

The cause of the issue can be clearly seen in-game. When you select real assists and leave the gameplay options menu all the assists will show up as enabled as the game saves the new settings. So it seems to me that instead of the assists' current state it's their menu state that gets uploaded to the leaderboards. Uploading their menu state is of course correct when we force enabled them in the gameplay options, but with real assists we can easily disable them while driving and some assists may not even be available then.

ibby
14-05-2015, 17:18
I know what "real" means and since when has the formula A abs, traction control and stability control? nothing of that works ingame, i can easily lock the brakes I can easily make burnouts etc. .. there's no indicator what shows me that I have activated them.

[edit] when changing the driving aids mode in options I have displayed all three icons on external view and cannot lock the tyres anymore, stability control is working and TC is working. I definitely didn't use them.

Sry yeah i confused this with the GT Sprint thread.
Seems it is how David says and the web leaderboard is inaccurate then.

David Semperger
14-05-2015, 17:19
It's worth mentioning though, that while the web leaderboards are accessible to the public, as far as I know they were never meant to be used extensively. They were mostly used while the game was still in development and the in-game leaderboard didn't exist yet.

Joni Varis
14-05-2015, 17:22
Ingame leaderboard sucks tho :) It really should show atleast what driving aids are used & default or custom set.

Anyway i really wish all these silly problems will be fixed soon. I really enjoy doing these events sometimes, but now start to remeber why decided give up doing these at WMD. There is simply no point doing any more events on future if it stays like this.

FA RACING 01
15-05-2015, 04:27
So basically we need to have multiple platforms if we want to be competitive and if we don't have that we can't even see the times we are competing against? It seems that track cuts were the least of our problems. This seriously curbs my enthusiasm for this tournament.

What he said. No use even trying then.

TheLethalDose
15-05-2015, 04:57
Wow, they cannot have the one championship over all three platforms thats just ridiculous.

1. Some people have the game on multiple platforms.

2. Only the top times on your own platform you play on will display on the challenge leaderboard, so thats pretty unfair being in the dark about what times guys are getting on the platforms you don't have.

The SMS-R championship is really well run with no chance of exploits or cheating said no one ever.

FA RACING 01
15-05-2015, 05:42
Wow, they cannot have the one championship over all three platforms thats just ridiculous.

1. Some people have the game on multiple platforms.

2. Only the top times on your own platform you play on will display on the challenge leaderboard, so thats pretty unfair being in the dark about what times guys are getting on the platforms you don't have.

The SMS-R championship is really well run with no chance of exploits or cheating said no one ever.

Still shocked so want to make sure I understand this correct - If you have the game on all three platforms you then score points for your LB standing on all three which are then added together for your nett score ? I'm sure I'm confused.

MisterO
15-05-2015, 08:10
Not sure where this is coming from - to make this adding of platforms possible, you'd need to have the possibility to link your profiles for the different platforms together. And that is something that's, afaik, just not possible.

David Semperger
15-05-2015, 08:37

I think having the championship run across all platforms is fine. What's not fine is adding up your points from all of them. Only your fastest time should count, from whichever platform. So if you set two times, one on the PC and one on the PS4 for example then you should only get points for the faster one.

Not sure where this is coming from - to make this adding of platforms possible, you'd need to have the possibility to link your profiles for the different platforms together. And that is something that's, afaik, just not possible.

The devs can see the times from all platforms though, you don't need to link profiles or anything like that. I assume that at the end of the rounds they manually gather the times from each platform and give out points based on where we are placed.

MisterO
15-05-2015, 09:00
Ah, now I get it - sorry.

They're just going by screenname / nickname. Same name on two platforms: combine the points. Yeah, that's rather meh. If the platforms really have to be combined, the least they should do is only count the best time for one name and leave the other out.

The way this works currently doesn't even need manual work. That might work automaticly. Maybe that's the problem.

Some official word on how it's supposed to be might help here.

David Semperger
15-05-2015, 09:15
Some official word on how it's supposed to be might help here.

I started a thread about this on the WMD forums (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?22164-SMS-R-Championship-and-how-platforms-are-handled). I'll report back with any developments.

ADRLONDON
15-05-2015, 12:16
Im sending you 2 pictures from the offical website so you can see it yourself.
as you can see this username score points twice in the same event because he played on 2 different platforms, as to have same username on different platform is not a problem because on xbox 360 and on ps4 i have the same username.

MisterO
15-05-2015, 14:56
Yes, realized that and then made my "Ah - now I get it" post :-D

Diluvian
15-05-2015, 17:59
Wow that's frustrating :-( I really was in top 20 on both events on PC. I would have had an even better position if all those cheaters would have been taken out. :-/ I'm out. Triple scoring and mixing all-together without anti cheat protection is not my business.

Rob Stewart
16-05-2015, 15:57
I don't know if this is intended, but currently you can see which track configuration and car will be used if you first select the community events and then go to the time trial menu. The track and car from the event will be selected for you.

Thanks for the heads up!

GT-Club_Atho_
16-05-2015, 22:18
Hi, BAM_Asix is in front of me with 1.22.882 or i've made 1.22.788. Is there any admins here who can change that on the leaderboard ? Thx

NVI0U5
17-05-2015, 03:17
Hi, BAM_Asix is in front of me with 1.22.882 or i've made 1.22.788. Is there any admins here who can change that on the leaderboard ? Thx
I think its calculated on both times with both tracks whoever has the lowest + seconds from the fastest player/s

GT-Club_Atho_
17-05-2015, 09:27
I'm just talking about Brands Hatch, i'm behind with a fastest time so i have to score 32pts and not 28pts and him 28 pts + 3 pts on Barcelona.

FA RACING 01
17-05-2015, 12:07
I'm just talking about Brands Hatch, i'm behind with a fastest time so i have to score 32pts and not 28pts and him 28 pts + 3 pts on Barcelona.

Suggest take it up with a moderator. By the way, great laptimes mate.

GT-Club_Atho_
17-05-2015, 17:17
Suggest take it up with a moderator. By the way, great laptimes mate.

Ok thank you :)

seti007
18-05-2015, 05:49
Hotlapping is nice, but I would really like to see in-game contests where you have to complete a full race against the AI with preset weather and AI difficulty.

I wouldn't mind having a crack at a 2-hour Le Mans race kind of Time Trial. :)

Joni Varis
18-05-2015, 13:25
As an idea it would be great. But then again it would never be same for everyone, AI does mistakes too which could cost a lot of time for some, when someone else could have totally problem free race. So i think its very unlikely we will see anything like that

MisterO
21-05-2015, 15:48
Just a heads up in case it wasn't already posted somewhere else:

Standings will be retro-recalculated after Rd 3 using only fastest times from participants if they choose 2 play on multiple platforms

https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/599656726388944896

Flashtastic
23-05-2015, 00:22
Wonder if someone can confirm that the cars are raced 'as is' and tuning not required.
Thanks
Flash

Rift Racer
23-05-2015, 02:38
Wonder if someone can confirm that the cars are raced 'as is' and tuning not required.
Thanks
Flash

Tuning is not "required" but it is allowed, so yeah, you're gonna want to be tuning the cars.

Joni Varis
23-05-2015, 05:29
Was about to start doing the silverstone event. But after watched some ghosts its not very clean either so no point. Guys running copse wide on purpose, going completely outside the kerbing which gains you atleast 0.5-0.7, you dont need to slow down as much as you would by staying inside track = maintaining much higher speed. This really is such an joke now.

Rift Racer
23-05-2015, 05:39
Was about to start doing the silverstone event. But after watched some ghosts its not very clean either so no point. Guys running copse wide on purpose, going completely outside the kerbing which gains you atleast 0.5-0.7, you dont need to slow down as much as you would by staying inside track = maintaining much higher speed. This really is such an joke now.

Yup, noticed that myself, running wider than wide lol.

Raeang
24-05-2015, 13:20
Hey Guys...I did a bunch of laps through the challenge but when I search for my time on the leaderboard its not there. Am I doing something wrong?

DUST2DEATH
26-05-2015, 02:44

exactly. Its completely de-motivating.

FA RACING 01
29-05-2015, 11:33
Any news on the track cutting/limits issue ? Will be nice to know with the Hockenheim community challenge starting today. Don't want to spend all the time again just to be "cutted out" again.

Hanchi
29-05-2015, 15:57
I did some rounds today on hockenheim in srs championship. you can still go outside the curbs in the first corner but that's the only thing i can discover. im gonna give it a try again today. im number 7 with the mercedes dtm.

Fabian Baumgarten
30-05-2015, 18:57
I did some rounds today on hockenheim in srs championship. you can still go outside the curbs in the first corner but that's the only thing i can discover. im gonna give it a try again today. im number 7 with the mercedes dtm.

you can fully cut T1 at the inside, too. don't know how much time this gains you, because i didn't test it so far. i'm still doing setup tests for the moment. not quite happy, how the car handles at the moment.

but i just did a lap and followed the fastest ghost (1:23:xxx) which is 5 sec (!!!) faster than P2. there has to be a bug, or glitch in time measurement, because when i follow this ghost i get an 1:39:0 instead of 1:23:xxx. so this guy doesn't use any cuts, but glitched the time measurement in some way. i don't want to blame him...could also be from the game side.

Silly_Goose
31-05-2015, 13:05
Look at the time of the first on Hockenheim in the community event.

Hyphixia 1:23:207 time with a controller.

I did a race against his ghost but he is way way slower than me and I only got a 1:33:000 on the lap.... I drove a lap right behind his ghost and his time must be around 1:38:00/1:39:00.

I looked at the ghosts lap and found not major cuts or anything.

So he either found a new way to mess with the timer or the game loads the wrong ghost.

Please someone look into this...

This game is a joke when it comes to competitive driving....

FA RACING 01
31-05-2015, 13:13
Just noticed on Driver Network (XB1) the Barcelona an Brands Hatch SMS comps will be re-run. Great news - or is it old news .

Fabian Baumgarten
31-05-2015, 14:10

I did a race against his ghost but he is way way slower than me and I only got a 1:33:000 on the lap.... I drove a lap right behind his ghost and his time must be around 1:38:00/1:39:00.

So he either found a new way to mess with the timer or the game loads the wrong ghost.

see my post above. noticed the same. would be nice to know whats going on there: Hyphixia cheating, or game messing something up?

Just noticed on Driver Network (XB1) the Barcelona an Brands Hatch SMS comps will be re-run. Great news - or is it old news .

its old. they only made this, because the game was released in the USA after this event started, so the US boys had no change to enter it. but as far as i know everbody can take part an set new times. but there will be no time deleted. everything stands at it is.

FA RACING 01
31-05-2015, 14:12
Thanks Fabian

bmanic
31-05-2015, 15:55
you can fully cut T1 at the inside, too. don't know how much time this gains you, because i didn't test it so far. i'm still doing setup tests for the moment. not quite happy, how the car handles at the moment.

but i just did a lap and followed the fastest ghost (1:23:xxx) which is 5 sec (!!!) faster than P2. there has to be a bug, or glitch in time measurement, because when i follow this ghost i get an 1:39:0 instead of 1:23:xxx. so this guy doesn't use any cuts, but glitched the time measurement in some way. i don't want to blame him...could also be from the game side.

2nd fastest time is a blatant cut of 1st corner. It shows you very well how much you gain when you cut it. I can drive almost as fast as his ghost except for the 1st corner and he is a lot faster in the end than me. So yeah, cutting that 1st corner gets you almost 1 second of time as it carries over to the whole straight.

PTG Claret
31-05-2015, 21:47
This guy here (ghost being chased) is currently the #1 user of wheels on xbone in the current community event. The track is several car lengths to the right of his current position, yet he is still clean.

Hope this is sorted imminently, as its completely ruining the game.

/https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/488/18132785978_634fd032a5.jpg

Worm
31-05-2015, 22:36
This guy here (ghost being chased) is currently the #1 user of wheels on xbone in the current community event. The track is several car lengths to the right of his current position, yet he is still clean.

Hope this is sorted imminently, as its completely ruining the game.

/https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/488/18132785978_634fd032a5.jpg

It is ruining it on a lot of tracks and this is WAY too far but DTM cars routinely run wide on Turn 1 at Hockenheim.

That is something Forza has had wrong.

NVI0U5
01-06-2015, 06:25

Ive noticed this a few times, Ive ran against #1 ghosts and beat them and the times dont match up, I believe sometimes the game autosaves the previous lap and not the actual hotlap

tankyx
01-06-2015, 10:30
This SMS-R with all the cutting possibilities is a joke, and SMS should do something about it asap.

Hanchi
01-06-2015, 12:51
I agree. they should restart the whole thing as soon as everything is fixed.

GT-Club_Atho_
02-06-2015, 18:05
Hi every one, here's one of my lap in 1.28.665 without cut the first corner :yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLMjDNCd8mc

Joni Varis
02-06-2015, 18:08
You are joking right!? Running the t1 exit wide like that is JUST AS BAD if not worse than cutting it inside, also runned many of the other corners outside the white lines. If you call that a "legit" lap, you must have some weird sense of humour :hopelessness:

Kevin Leaune
02-06-2015, 20:27
Hello,

During the round 3 and 4 you forgot of counted points in the general ranking of SDL Rotax and SDL Rossi46

If you can make the correction

Thank you has you

GT-Club_Atho_
02-06-2015, 21:26
You are joking right!? Running the t1 exit wide like that is JUST AS BAD if not worse than cutting it inside, also runned many of the other corners outside the white lines. If you call that a "legit" lap, you must have some weird sense of humour :hopelessness:

Thanks for your support ! Ahah

I can made a 1.28.8 without going outside on the first corner that's not a problem, but it's always easy to complain and criticize others :no:

TheLethalDose
02-06-2015, 21:45
Ive noticed this a few times, Ive ran against #1 ghosts and beat them and the times dont match up, I believe sometimes the game autosaves the previous lap and not the actual hotlap

Yep, has this been reported as a problem?

The game is definitely prone to saving old ghosts or ghosts of the wrong lap instead.

N0body Of The Goat
02-06-2015, 21:46
Hi every one, here's one of my lap in 1.28.665 without cut the first corner :yes:

But you improve your time by going wide at t1 and by going wide on the penultimate corner.

In my eyes, this is not a legal lap that should be counted for Community Events or Time Trial Leaderboards.

All through WMD testing, I have let my feeling on such matters be very clear. Two wheels must be inside the track defining white lines at all times.

TheLethalDose
02-06-2015, 22:43
People need to stop stressing so much over the track cutting, Im sure if it was legal in F1 all the drivers would be doing it.

Sure it sucks, but there is no point attacking individuals when you should be more concerned with the fact that the developers left such a blatantly obvious exploit in a finished retail copy of the game.

Joni Varis
03-06-2015, 03:14
I can made a 1.28.8 without going outside on the first corner that's not a problem, but it's always easy to complain and criticize others :no:

I believe once i see it, you gained atleast close to 1s on that lap by off track travels, by actually staying inside track you would of needed to brake/slow down much more. I only criticize people when there is reason to do so, your biggest mistake was to claim that as an lap done without cuts, which is cealrly isnt.

GT-Club_Atho_
03-06-2015, 03:23
But you improve your time by going wide at t1 and by going wide on the penultimate corner.

In my eyes, this is not a legal lap that should be counted for Community Events or Time Trial Leaderboards.

All through WMD testing, I have let my feeling on such matters be very clear. Two wheels must be inside the track defining white lines at all times.

The penultimate corner is good, I keep two wheels on the vibrator which allows me to stay inside on the next corner. If i was completely outside i would not be able to keep the next corner like i did.

I believe once i see it, you gained atleast close to 1s on that lap by off track travels, by actually staying inside track you would of needed to brake/slow down much more. I only criticize people when there is reason to do so, your biggest mistake was to claim that as an lap done without cuts, which is cealrly isnt.

1second lol after the 1st corner all the lap is clean with two wheels on the track so we are far from 1sec :confused:

Joni Varis
03-06-2015, 03:27
1second lol after the 1st corner all the lap is clean with two wheels on the track so we are far from 1sec :confused:

You went off track with all four wheels on other corners aswell, example on exit of last corner before starting the hotlap, exit before stadium section & exit of second last corner. This might be newsflash for you, but the outside kerbing and astroturf aint track anymore. There must be atleast 2 wheels inside the white lines on track side to call it clean. I have played this game much longer than you, so i very well know how much those kind of things gains you time if you decide to do so.

If you really think such lap is clean, then its going to be nasty suprise for you when the cut detection is fixed :)

Charles Gillen
03-06-2015, 09:13
What is unbelivable is that anyone would post that recording and claim it's a clean lap. I half expected to see the car cut through the consession stand.

Charles

David Semperger
03-06-2015, 09:44
What is unbelivable is that anyone would post that recording and claim it's a clean lap.

What's even more unbelievable is how you misrepresent what he wrote, just to support your side of the argument. Read his post again, he never claimed it's a clean lap (although it is according of the current rules we have). He only said that he didn't cut the first corner, which he didn't.

Joni Varis
03-06-2015, 10:10
David read the few posts above. He actually did claim it was clean lap apart from t1.

Also as there is now ghosts, wasnt it mentioned that times done with cuts arent tolerated anymore ;)

GMDLONDON
03-06-2015, 10:16

if we still got same grip outside the track then for me the lap is ok, Im PS4 user and we dont have nothing to do with X1 or PC platform, even if its not clean lap i dont see a problem, lets wait for fix update, maybe SMS finly will do something like Gran Turismo, or reprogram outside track with no grip or so.

IF every one think sim racing game is REAL RACING then inflatable doll can be use as a REAL WIFE , if someone can see the differences between the two worlds then its smart for me,

good lap m8

David Semperger
03-06-2015, 10:44
David read the few posts above. He actually did claim it was clean lap apart from t1.

It's hard to judge from the cockpit cam and I haven't checked his ghost, but I think his two right tires may have been over the tarmac even at the penultimate corner, but only barely.

Also as there is now ghosts, wasnt it mentioned that times done with cuts arent tolerated anymore ;)

It was mentioned even before round 3/4 finished and yet laps with cuts were still counted. This is the reason I asked for clarification in my thread, but I still haven't got it. At this point I think I'll continue to adhere to the current rules we have, although I won't start cutting until I see other people do it. If my times will be erased then so be it.

GT-Club_Atho_
03-06-2015, 10:54
You went off track with all four wheels on other corners aswell, example on exit of last corner before starting the hotlap, exit before stadium section & exit of second last corner. This might be newsflash for you, but the outside kerbing and astroturf aint track anymore. There must be atleast 2 wheels inside the white lines on track side to call it clean. I have played this game much longer than you, so i very well know how much those kind of things gains you time if you decide to do so.

If you really think such lap is clean, then its going to be nasty suprise for you when the cut detection is fixed :)

I think you should learn what are the limits of tracks .. I don't know if you know that after the white line there are curbs. It does not seem to me that the curbs is considered off track !! :rolleyes:
The usual rules are minimum two wheels on the track so two wheels on the curb and two wheels outside at the maximum. The green parts are considered out even on some championships they are ok.

Finally, I have participated in all editions of the GT Academy where track rules are extremely strict and that does not prevent me to finish in front.

@GMDLONDON : Ty :)

FA RACING 01
03-06-2015, 11:01
In the words of Charlie Whiting. "Fundamentally, a driver is required to use the track at all times. If any part of the car remains within the boundaries of the white lines, he is deemed to be using the track. If he has all four wheels over the white lines, he’s off the track."

Nothing more, nothing less to that.

David Semperger
03-06-2015, 11:06
Nothing more, nothing less to that.

That's a huge oversimplification. The way track limits are defined differ slightly between different series and the rules may be even tweaked for specific corners (Charlie should know, because this happens in F1 as well). The white line is not as almighty as many people think.

Joni Varis
03-06-2015, 11:12
Might be, but still most series does have the same ruling. Yes there might be some tweaks to certain corners, but even then the ruling is that drivers cant gain advantage going over the lines.

FA RACING 01
03-06-2015, 11:23
That's a huge oversimplification. The way track limits are defined differ slightly between different series and the rules may be even tweaked for specific corners (Charlie should know, because this happens in F1 as well). The white line is not as almighty as many people think.

Yes and no. The only exception currently allowed by the FIA for instance is that each track will be "judged" individually, subject to the rule stated above. Other Motor Sport Associations like UK MSA added only one addition to the above that reads - the car is also off track if all the wheels goes beyond the outer edge of the kerb or the white line where there is no kerb.

There might be a few smaller clubs ruling otherwise, but the bigger associations and FIA are pretty much on the same boat on track limits.

EDIT I should add that where the FIA and MSA's relax track limits, they are well documented, but none of the corners in question on PCars had been relaxed, well at least not to the extent that some players relax them.

David Semperger
03-06-2015, 11:44
not to the extent that some players relax them.

We as players don't relax anything. We either adhere to the rules we are given, adhere to the more strict ones of real world racing that weren't enforced so far or stop competing. Either way, this is a personal choice everyone has to make.

Also, my main point with the slightly tweaked real world rules was that it's always the ruling body that enforces the rules, however strict they are. Nobody expects the drivers to stray from lines that are in fact allowed, even if it's an oversight. It's not our place as drivers to dictate the rules for the other drivers. We can of course discuss how the rules should be changed (and they really should and will), but in the mean time we either accept the situation we're in or we refrain from competing. I choose to do the former.

FA RACING 01
03-06-2015, 12:02
We as players don't relax anything. We either adhere to the rules we are given, adhere to the more strict ones of real world racing that weren't enforced so far or stop competing. Either way, this is a personal choice everyone has to make.

Also, my main point with the slightly tweaked real world rules was that it's always the ruling body that enforces the rules, however strict they are. Nobody expects the drivers to stray from lines that are in fact allowed, even if it's an oversight. It's not our place as drivers to dictate the rules for the other drivers. We can of course discuss how the rules should be changed (and they really should and will), but in the mean time we either accept the situation we're in or we refrain from competing. I choose to do the former.

AND I agree with you to some extent (as you will note from my post in the DUST2DEATH thread below this one - and sorry, don't know how to link it ) as there are convincing arguments both sides of the coin. My reference to the rules was merely as a result of a few incorrect statements on the rules by earlier posters. BUT outside all the FOR and AGAINST arguments it remain sad to see people redesign tracks and turn a sequence of corners into a straight line.

David Semperger
03-06-2015, 12:04
it remain sad to see people redesign tracks and turn a sequence of corners into a straight line.

Well, I think FA event Monaco was actually much more fun with the cuts at the chicanes. The track would have a much better flow without them in my opinion and I think it would be cool to have a layout without the chicanes for Formula cars.

FA RACING 01
03-06-2015, 12:19
Well, I think FA event Monaco was actually much more fun with the cuts at the chicanes. The track would have a much better flow without them in my opinion and I think it would be cool to have a layout without the chicanes for Formula cars.

Agreed - I cannot argue with that.

GMDLONDON
03-06-2015, 12:36
Yes and no. The only exception currently allowed by the FIA for instance is that each track will be "judged" individually, subject to the rule stated above. Other Motor Sport Associations like UK MSA added only one addition to the above that reads - the car is also off track if all the wheels goes beyond the outer edge of the kerb or the white line where there is no kerb.

There might be a few smaller clubs ruling otherwise, but the bigger associations and FIA are pretty much on the same boat on track limits.

EDIT I should add that where the FIA and MSA's relax track limits, they are well documented, but none of the corners in question on PCars had been relaxed, well at least not to the extent that some players relax them.

This game is NOT FIA official , wait for Gran Turismo 7, or drive what you have, I dont like like boys cry like girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEKoaAYe0Q

FA RACING 01
03-06-2015, 12:44
This game is NOT FIA official , wait for Gran Turismo 7, or drive what you have, I dont like like boys cry like girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEKoaAYe0Q

Perhaps you should read the context of the discussion at hand and make sure you understand it in it's entirety. I completely agree with you on the crying side, but same applies for people making attacking remarks without having a clue of what's been said. And if you don't like that, tough shit.

Kevin Leaune
03-06-2015, 18:24
Hello,

During the round 3 and 4 you forgot of counted points in the general ranking of SDL Rotax and SDL Rossi46

If you can make the correction

Thank you has you

nikbra
10-06-2015, 08:46
Hi

Did my first laps at Zolder and were quite a lot of time off the pace. Did take some fast peoples ghosts just for fun. And for example it was quite funny to watch how people is taking the first chikane (Kleine Chicane) with the car ... :) Looks strange to me.
I have run several years with iRaicing with the same track. And is is not possible at all to take the chicane in that way.

Any opinoins ?

//Regards Nikbra

David Semperger
10-06-2015, 09:21
Any opinoins ?

Everyone agrees that it's wrong, but unfortunately it's the only way to stay competitive at the moment. Cut detection will be improved with later patches.

nikbra
11-06-2015, 08:35
Everyone agrees that it's wrong, but unfortunately it's the only way to stay competitive at the moment. Cut detection will be improved with later patches.

Ok, Thanks David

danpinho
14-06-2015, 02:53
Watch LM times in Lb, it is a joke. I enjoy this game by searching the RL times in 2011 and trying to beat it offline, respecting track boundaries and aiming for realistic setups like an open radiator. I hope SMS fix the track boundaries issue or I will never go online.

tankyx
22-06-2015, 12:53

Yey, no communication on this "upcoming" patch. I won't participate to this championship until they patched it. The clio round is an exception tho, the cuts weren't that massive.

Andy Tudor
23-06-2015, 11:33
Just a note that there has been a delay in posting the Championship Standings after Round 7 due to investigation into the times posted by members of SDL Motorsport. After working with them this past week we will be including their times posted at Le Mans but will be introducing a new rule whereby all participants must provide ghost data that can be reviewed by the team and other participants.

Without this data, it's impossible to verify whether ghost data was achieved legitimately or via nefarious means, plus we cannot determine whether corner cutting was done.

In future, having this data publicly available will encourage elite gamers to play fairly whilst also increasing competition as others can follow the lines they took.

This, together with substantial improvements to the Track Cutting detection and active removal of illegal times will hopefully make great stepping stones to ensuring a solid, reliable system.

David Semperger
23-06-2015, 11:37
will be introducing a new rule whereby all participants must provide ghost data that can be reviewed by the team and other participants.

Can we even disable the uploading of ghosts? AFAIK it's mandatory even now, happens automatically and when it doesn't it's due to some kind of bug.

In any case, it's good to know what measures are being taken to improve the rules, so thanks for keeping us updated Andy.

PerFixAlot
23-06-2015, 12:16
Can we even disable the uploading of ghosts? AFAIK it's mandatory even now, happens automatically and when it doesn't it's due to some kind of bug.

In any case, it's good to know what measures are being taken to improve the rules, so thanks for keeping us updated Andy.

My ghost for Le Mans - Audi R18 TDI wasn't uploaded. It was just a normal time trial, not a community event, but I think the same issue applies.
For some reason Steam Cloud Sync was enabled for Project CARS, and that seems to prevent the ghost uploading.
Once I disabled Cloud Sync my time trials uploaded normally again.

David Semperger
23-06-2015, 12:20
For some reason Steam Cloud Sync was enabled for Project CARS, and that seems to prevent the ghost uploading.

I don't think that's the reason, because I have it enabled as well and pCARS never had any issues with uploading my ghosts.

PerFixAlot
23-06-2015, 12:32
I don't think that's the reason, because I have it enabled as well and pCARS never had any issues with uploading my ghosts.

Maybe it was not the direct reason, I have too little knowledge of the underlying systems to tell, but it seems likely to me that it was somehow related to the underlying cause of the missing ghosts.
I would get a Steam error whenever launching Project CARS, I can't recall the exact message, and it wouldn't load ghosts from the leader board, as well as upload mine.

Other games had no issues., but I reinstalled the Steam client, verified the cache files, etc, but it still kept doing this until I changed the Cloud Sync setting.

GT-Club_Atho_
07-07-2015, 19:38
SDL-JP02 changes his account he's now Virus7-1 on PS4 Thx.

GTz LiQuiD
08-07-2015, 09:24
Hi there. My laptime in the lastest SMS-R Silverstone Formula A event was not counted, probably due to my privacy settings allowing my ghost data only visible to friends. I have changed the settings yesterday and confirmed that the ghost data is now visible for everyone.

It would be sad for me to lose a lot of points for the overall ranking, as I was in the number 6 spot on the Xbox One. I hope the standings can be updated accordingly, now that my ghost data is available. (which it was technically the whole time)

GT-Club_Atho_
08-07-2015, 11:31
Hello, first thank you for the update of Virus7-1.

Then I do not understand very well the last ranking. The best time was made by Yinato in 1.26.939 not in 1.27.120. GT-Club_Racer realized 1.27.325 and yet is behind Sonik in 1.27.365 and 1.27.466 for Schumi and i din't see Factory Pilot on the ranking. Thank you to clear up me.

FACT0RY PIL0T
09-07-2015, 02:30
Hello, first thank you for the update of Virus7-1.

Then I do not understand very well the last ranking. The best time was made by Yinato in 1.26.939 not in 1.27.120. GT-Club_Racer realized 1.27.325 and yet is behind Sonik in 1.27.365 and 1.27.466 for Schumi and i din't see Factory Pilot on the ranking. Thank you to clear up me.

Yeah I was wondering about that too??

GTz LiQuiD
09-07-2015, 08:01
I don't know about the wrong order in ranking positions. But Factory Pilot's lap not being counted seems to be the same cause my lap was not counted in the rankings. At the point the lap times were reviewed, he had his ghost data not shared with everyone (due to his XBox One privacy settings), which is a requirement since this event.

FACT0RY PIL0T
09-07-2015, 14:18
I don't know about the wrong order in ranking positions. But Factory Pilot's lap not being counted seems to be the same cause my lap was not counted in the rankings. At the point the lap times were reviewed, he had his ghost data not shared with everyone (due to his XBox One privacy settings), which is a requirement since this event.

Ok so now were getting somewhere, so its in my actual xbox console settings that keep the ghost laps from being seen? What exactley do I need to change, as I was constantly getting accused of hiding my laps and went through the game settings who knows how many times and never found anything saying ghost were off haha

GTz LiQuiD
09-07-2015, 19:06
I don't really know which setting in particular you have to change in the privacy settings to have your ghost data visible to everyone. I suppose it's the "others can see your game and app history" option. I'm not 100% sure though, as I changed multiple options when I tried to make my ghost data visible the other day.

Maybe someone who knows it for sure can shed some light on this matter.

FACT0RY PIL0T
11-07-2015, 14:17
I don't really know which setting in particular you have to change in the privacy settings to have your ghost data visible to everyone. I suppose it's the "others can see your game and app history" option. I'm not 100% sure though, as I changed multiple options when I tried to make my ghost data visible the other day.

Maybe someone who knows it for sure can shed some light on this matter.
ok so who knows how to change this in the xbox console settings? What exactley do you change to make sure your ghost data is available for others to see?? Mod, dev's ?????

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-07-2015, 16:41
Oh and bytheway this will never be a fair competition as the setups dont always save to where the cars have the same speed from setup to setup, and one person may have his game saving at always optimum so to the next guys that isnt will never get close to the others time.

Basically the setup for Formula A is bugged, and sometimes your car can be 100%, and sometimes its like 80%. Been testing it for the last week had it happen on 3 diffrent setup saves at the same track trying to narrow down exactley how to work around it so it will save at 100% all the time butttttt.... :/

Joni Varis
12-07-2015, 17:38
I honestly think its something your end this time, maybe corrupt profile or something.. I only had the "ride height" bug few times that car scraped the track badly until resaved the setup, but apart from that havent noticed anything strange.

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-07-2015, 18:14
I honestly think its something your end this time, maybe corrupt profile or something.. I only had the "ride height" bug few times that car scraped the track badly until resaved the setup, but apart from that havent noticed anything strange.

Ive even reinstalled the game once, but im gonna do a profile delete, game delete and try it again, either way if im having the issue with it who says others arent stuck with a partial setup but have never had it save the other way being full, and wouldnt know the diffrence

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-07-2015, 18:19
Its kinda like this 3 times im running low 1:26.xxx save the setup, and 3 times it wont do a 1:27.xxx something is messed up in the save setup menu, and even resaving it numerous times doesnt fix it. But if I play with the setup changing areo and 100 other things in and out of the pits it finally comes back car does 126's then save and its gone again.

David Semperger
12-07-2015, 18:25
Its kinda like this 3 times im running low 1:26.xxx savtge the setup, and 3 times it wont do a 1:27.xxx something is messed up in the save setup menu, and even resaving it numerous times doesnt fix it. But if I play with the setup changing areo and 100 other things in and out of the pits it finally comes back car does 126's then save and its gone again.

How does this reduced performance manifests? Slower acceleration, reduced top speed, grip or is it more complicated than that? It's also worth considering that the faster times could be the bugged ones, not the slower ones, depending on what the issue is exactly.

Joni Varis
12-07-2015, 18:31
Sounds really strange. My setup was quite bad handling wise, but didnt really have anything like that. Was doing similar times beetween saves until finally found some noticeable imrovements to handling which then allowed to get bigger gain on time .

Never had any difference on my topspeed on similar aero levels beetween saves.

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-07-2015, 18:57
How does this reduced performance manifests? Slower acceleration, reduced top speed, grip or is it more complicated than that? It's also worth considering that the faster times could be the bugged ones, not the slower ones, depending on what the issue is exactly.

Basically the speed through the gears and top end, and the car still has the same grip handling. But its like the engine is at 70% output not 100%.

choupolo
12-07-2015, 22:43
Sounds like engine or aero damage?

Could try turning damage off and seeing if the problem persists.

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-07-2015, 23:33
Sounds like engine or aero damage?

Could try turning damage off and seeing if the problem persists.

I have all that turned off right now, gonna run some more test see if I can capture it

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-07-2015, 23:35
Has xbox gotten the 2.0 patch yet?

V12 GForce1
12-07-2015, 23:42
I also have this problem, been running donnington park national and if I restart the session someyime I have more rear end grip and someyimes I have less :-/ is never the same at all.
and I have noticed PBs have vanished, been tuning my car for donnington for the last 2 days and noticed a guy called dupezz had #1 on the first day of tuning and a guy named tokk96 had #2.
Then on the second day of tuning, dupezz time had vanished and left him at #9 on the board and tokk96 was #1 and myself at 2 .. tokk96 had the same time as the day before but dupezz time was over a secomd slowet than it had been
seems really weird to me....

Joni Varis
13-07-2015, 06:35
Basically the speed through the gears and top end, and the car still has the same grip handling. But its like the engine is at 70% output not 100%.

Thing is that you mentioned in PM that you got 334km/h topspeed with 12/6 wings, i have never got such high tops with exatly same wings, even tried leaving kers unused at first 2 sectors and use it all at back straight = max i got was like 327. So either i been having constantly bugged setup, or you randomly been having some bugged one that gives more power/topspeed. To get 330+ tops i need to use wings like 5-6F & 3-4R.

FA RACING 01
13-07-2015, 06:53
Has xbox gotten the 2.0 patch yet?

No, not yet.

FACT0RY PIL0T
13-07-2015, 10:53
Thing is that you mentioned in PM that you got 334km/h topspeed with 12/6 wings, i have never got such high tops with exatly same wings, even tried leaving kers unused at first 2 sectors and use it all at back straight = max i got was like 327. So either i been having constantly bugged setup, or you randomly been having some bugged one that gives more power/topspeed. To get 330+ tops i need to use wings like 5-6F & 3-4R.

Your talking 7kph (4mph) diffrence between our setups which is really nothing, and can be had with a bunch of other settings, as wings aren't the only thing that affects acceleration and top speed.

Joni Varis
13-07-2015, 11:17
Well its more that that, if i use kers whole lap as i do normally my vmax is 322-324, so basicly 10kmh slower which certainly wouldnt call as "nothing". Also tried lots of different gearing, ride height, spring, damper, camber combinations and topspeed was virtually unaffected if the car wasnt bottoming heavily. Only way i got topspeed to that range was using really low wings.

FACT0RY PIL0T
13-07-2015, 11:28
Well its more that that, if i use kers whole lap as i do normally my vmax is 322-324, so basicly 10kmh slower which certainly wouldnt call as "nothing". Also tried lots of different gearing, ride height combinations and topspeed was virtually unaffected. Only way i got topspeed to that range was using really low wings.
Tire pressure, camber,toe,ride height,springs,wings,gearing etc etc all affect it, and yes it can gain you10kph at the end of the long straight, of course the corner exit speed going onto that straight plays into it also. So if im 5kph up on you off that turn I only have to gain 5kph on you down the straight.

Joni Varis
13-07-2015, 11:48
Whatever. I still think that sounds very strange . At speeds over 300km/h there is allready massive drag with such high wings, so to gain even 5km/h more is definately not so easily achieved as you try to make it sound. I havent seen any pc guys to hit such speeds while remaining competetive at corners, so either you have some miracle setup, or there is some bug/difference beetween platforms.

But that would be easily checked if you would share the set. Maybe the latest patch made some difference to car. There is atleast one thread at this forum whre people claim FA handling changed post patch 2.0.

iKasbian
13-07-2015, 12:10
I think its becoming more and more clear theres 'differences' between platforms, even wheel / controller.

Trouble is its doesn't appear to be consistent so its difficult to prove categorically .

FACT0RY PIL0T
13-07-2015, 23:34
Whatever. I still think that sounds very strange . At speeds over 300km/h there is allready massive drag with such high wings, so to gain even 5km/h more is definately not so easily achieved as you try to make it sound. I havent seen any pc guys to hit such speeds while remaining competetive at corners, so either you have some miracle setup, or there is some bug/difference beetween platforms.

But that would be easily checked if you would share the set. Maybe the latest patch made some difference to car. There is atleast one thread at this forum whre people claim FA handling changed post patch 2.0.
So here is an example screen shots of 2 identical setups except the tire pressure is 11 bar diffrence. Both running the same high downforce.

Adjusted the gearing to max at 287 before the end of the straight in 6th gear. Both runs started in second from a stop ligning the HUD tire, and gear display in lower right up with a curb end at the other end of the straight for a starting point.***

The top picture is the higher tire pressure, and the lower picture the lower tire pressure, and if you look at the wall where the red and white end you can see the higher bar tire reaches 287 sooner which shows the less rolling resistance has let the car accelerate quicker which can lead to higher top speed on the straights.

This is just ONE thing in the setups that can help aid in pushing higher down force down the track quicker, or even the same as a lower down force car.

Joni Varis
14-07-2015, 05:15
I did play with tire pressures, and if didnt run really low ones( (example 1.20-1.30bar) it barely made any difference for me to topspeed. Example 1.45bar vs 2.00bar there was like 1km/h difference, much lower than 1.40bar wasnt really usable anyway as then tires overheated, so not much of an factor. But its useless to arque about this, we will see how it turns out when XO gets 2.0 patch aswell, really start to think there is some difference in car PC vs XO at this stage.

E: I actually just watched my old video what was done with 1.4. Was using same 12/6 wings, same ride height, same tyre pressures (1.50F & 1.45R ) & even with much worse cornering speeds got 330km/h tops. So ye definately something is changed 1.4 vs 2.0

Andy Tudor
14-07-2015, 09:55
Quick heads-up that we have identified why Yinato's time was different from what was posted and it has been rectified. Basically, the server log that we take this info from was lagging behind and therefore had not been refreshed and up-to-date at the time of grabbing them. We use the server logs for a number of reasons, mostly security, but in this instance they were roughly 24 hours out of sync unfortunately.

When also contemplating participants like GTz LiQuiD who did actually have ghost data available but it wasn't turned on, we have now added a small additional bit of info that we will in future gather the results of each event 24 hours after they have expired. This will ensure we ourselves always have the correct data gathered and that you as players have time to make your ghost data available for verification.

I hope this clears things up and is just another small improvement in our ongoing entry into the world of eSports.

FACT0RY PIL0T
14-07-2015, 10:26
Quick heads-up that we have identified why Yinato's time was different from what was posted and it has been rectified. Basically, the server log that we take this info from was lagging behind and therefore had not been refreshed and up-to-date at the time of grabbing them. We use the server logs for a number of reasons, mostly security, but in this instance they were roughly 24 hours out of sync unfortunately.

When also contemplating participants like GTz LiQuiD who did actually have ghost data available but it wasn't turned on, we have now added a small additional bit of info that we will in future gather the results of each event 24 hours after they have expired. This will ensure we ourselves always have the correct data gathered and that you as players have time to make your ghost data available for verification.

I hope this clears things up and is just another small improvement in our ongoing entry into the world of eSports.

Yeah well its so nice that mine was off and has absolutely nothing to with in game settings, and its in the console settings for game and app history. What is that anyways? Whst does it matter the console settings is it like a shortcut in programing instead of just using the games stuff?

GTz LiQuiD
14-07-2015, 16:20

Thank you for updating the rankings.

About the ghost data. I think it is a bit unintuitive to have the availability of the ghost data tied to the privacy settings of the console. You can always see your own ghost data in the leaderboard. So if you are not aware of the fact that you can hide your ghost data on purpose, you probably won't even think about the possibility others can't see it.

Ideally the ghost data, control method and the car used, should always be visible to everyone when a laptime is uploaded to the leaderboards, regardless of the individual privacy settings.

RTA nOsKiLlS
14-07-2015, 23:00
Privacy settings worked the same way on the Xbox 360 as well. :)

TSRacing_Racer
15-07-2015, 00:20
Hi all,

My PSN ID is GT-club_Racer (soon TSRacing_Racer). First of all, I want to really thank all the team for the organization of this championship and for updating the general standings !! :cool:

Now, I have a question about the next round coming on next Friday (Nurburgring Formula A).

I tested the combo and I saw that there were 2 possibilites of "cheating" on the track without any penalty set by the game :
- Sector 1 in the "Mercedes Arena" corner
- Sector 3 in the "NGK-Schikane" chicane
I am not a fan about the idea to cut corners. I suppose that it is only allow to stay on the track limits, for example 2 wheels (1 rear, 1 front) OUT maximum. But I did not find anything about it.

My question is : Would it be possible to clarify track limits for this event and maybe for all the next rounds if necessary ?

Thank you very much for any information. :)

Best regards

FACT0RY PIL0T
15-07-2015, 02:45
Hi all,

My PSN ID is GT-club_Racer (soon TSRacing_Racer). First of all, I want to really thank all the team for the organization of this championship and for updating the general standings !! :cool:

Now, I have a question about the next round coming on next Friday (Nurburgring Formula A).

I tested the combo and I saw that there were 2 possibilites of "cheating" on the track without any penalty set by the game :
I am not a fan about the idea to cut corners. I suppose that it is only allow to stay on the track limits, for example 2 wheels (1 rear, 1 front) OUT maximum. But I did not find anything about it.

My question is : Would it be possible to clarify track limits for this event and maybe for all the next rounds if necessary ?

Best regards

Yes its pretty much drive where ever you want these days, and no 2.0 patch for xbox so it sounds like theres a level playing field eh?

Anyways dont forget to use the no camber highspeed glitch and your in to win my friend, hahaha

FACT0RY PIL0T
15-07-2015, 02:47
Privacy settings worked the same way on the Xbox 360 as well. :)

Yeah but i could post leaderboard ghost all over other games but not here.

FA RACING 01
15-07-2015, 05:57
Hi all,

Best regards

Would be great for clarity on this yes as it's not clear when the new rule of "2 wheels on curb" will start to apply. Also remember that should patch 2 for Xbox not be out by the weekend, there might be different in game track limits for Xbox / PC and PS4 for this challenge. [Not sure about extent of patch2 track limit changes though]

Deadzone
16-07-2015, 10:19
Hi all,

Best regards

Any official word on this?

sickofCheaters
16-07-2015, 10:31
Well hoping action will be taken against cheaters fed up going online ,only to end up with dweebs who are using a modified controller , they are at full throttle even around corners even with the same car they are 5 to 10 seconds faster plus when you watch there lap the engine noise is wild . I love this game but there will be a time I will get rid of it because of cheaters

Andy Tudor
17-07-2015, 10:40
Here's my opinion on the two items above...

Mercedes Arena - It's possible to go extremely wide here around the outside of the corner but the Track Penalty system seems to do a good job of picking up if you gained any time here. Obviously we'll look at it on a case-by-case basis but likely the fastest route here is going to be staying within the track extents here anyways. If you go slightly wide then again it's a case-by-case basis but if it's blatantly obvious you're doing something totally uncharacteristic and unsportsmanlike by going wide here then obviously that will be a different matter.

NGK-Schikane - Other than clipping the chicane and getting air (which in itself has a massive risk to both the driver and car safety) I couldn't see a way you could cut the corner here (especially by trying to drive straight across the tarmac triangle road)

Joni Varis
17-07-2015, 10:49
NGK-Schikane - Other than clipping the chicane and getting air (which in itself has a massive risk to both the driver and car safety) I couldn't see a way you could cut the corner here (especially by trying to drive straight across the tarmac triangle road)

You can completely straightline the chicane driving through the entry cone & going wrong side of the cone at exit, gains you like 1 second when done deliberately.

FACT0RY PIL0T
17-07-2015, 11:05
You can completely straightline the chicane driving through the entry cone & going wrong side of the cone at exit, gains you like 1 second when done deliberately.

Yeah this track, arghhhh i went to it long ago just to see what they were doing and off at 2 all the way around the outside into 3 then off at 4 wide then off here there and drive through the chicane straight, reminds me of the current top 200 at catalunya no one made the last chicane.... lololololo

RTA nOsKiLlS
17-07-2015, 11:23
plus when you watch there lap the engine noise is wild . I love this game but there will be a time I will get rid of it because of cheaters

Are you talking about watching them from the Pit Monitor? I've noticed that the engine noise is constantly at max revs, I wouldn't say they are cheating, its just not being displayed correctly. Also on the pit monitor, everyone wiggles from side to side, even if they are going straight.

GT-Club_Atho_
17-07-2015, 19:01
Here's my opinion on the two items above...

Mercedes Arena - It's possible to go extremely wide here around the outside of the corner but the Track Penalty system seems to do a good job of picking up if you gained any time here. Obviously we'll look at it on a case-by-case basis but likely the fastest route here is going to be staying within the track extents here anyways. If you go slightly wide then again it's a case-by-case basis but if it's blatantly obvious you're doing something totally uncharacteristic and unsportsmanlike by going wide here then obviously that will be a different matter.

Is this chicane will be disqualified or not ( the car in front ) ? Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D6_mwfCS6k

Andy Tudor
17-07-2015, 20:34
Yes.

Reason being: it's one of those locations that tempts you to cut it since you're not going onto grass over it and you'd get a much tighter line onto the straight after if you went across it. It's just begging for you to slip across it as shown here for a clear time advantage.

If, in real life, a driver had done that with a car on the inside line then they'd have gotten a penalty.

If, as shown, a driver had done that in qualifying, their lap would have been disqualified.

If a driver had done that to avoid a major crash or incident and slowed down, it'd have likely been tolerated. This is not one of those cases. So, sorry FA Racing 01 - it's a bit brazen to think that would be acceptable.

Please note that we'll need to corroborate this video ourselves though as his identity cannot be wholly proven in this video (it could have been edited together for example - it wouldn't have been the first time :O).

Joni Varis
17-07-2015, 20:42
So basicly nurburgring event is messed up allready. Current top times are done with blatant cutting on the chicane.

FA RACING 01
17-07-2015, 20:55
Thanks Andy for the clarification. To be fair, I never proposed that that should be acceptable. As a matter of fact, after I studied the clip 3 times and followed my own ghost in game 4 times, I did notice and agreed it was not fair practice and stated as such on another thread. It was not intentional cutting though (even that it was alleged as such), but no use try explaining that, fact remain it was not acceptable so I redid the lap, just correct line and faster this time round by not overrunning my breaking point. Thanks anyway, much appreciated.

EMW Simmo
17-07-2015, 21:22
Is this chicane will be disqualified or not ( the car in front ) ? Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D6_mwfCS6k

Well thats the entire top guys DQ lol if u could see there replay n there cutting more than just that chicane, the whole first section, just stop the championship and restart from rnd 1 clean slate when the game is ready.

miagi
17-07-2015, 21:43
The only track in the game where I would say ppl can't cut or run wide is ... Bathurst. Also the reason why most noobs hate that track in mp. Just was in a mp lobby where ppl crashed, had broken cars, were standing around on the track and in the end my fastest lap was 5s faster. Same ppl next track Spa and ppl are cutting Eau Rouge and Les Combes everytime, they don't even think about staying on track. Lots of poor driving and the penalties are way too soft.

FACT0RY PIL0T
17-07-2015, 22:31
So basicly nurburgring event is messed up allready. Current top times are done with blatant cutting on the chicane.

Yes and theres a lot more on the line for this one, 1:26.3xx's either a glitch in the setup, or way off track in the first sector and cut the chicane is the way its getting done in my OP. But will have a better idea after I test a bit later tonight, but doesnt seem possible at the moment.

GT-Club_Atho_
18-07-2015, 03:19
Yes.

Reason being: it's one of those locations that tempts you to cut it since you're not going onto grass over it and you'd get a much tighter line onto the straight after if you went across it. It's just begging for you to slip across it as shown here for a clear time advantage.

If, in real life, a driver had done that with a car on the inside line then they'd have gotten a penalty.

If, as shown, a driver had done that in qualifying, their lap would have been disqualified.

If a driver had done that to avoid a major crash or incident and slowed down, it'd have likely been tolerated. This is not one of those cases. So, sorry FA Racing 01 - it's a bit brazen to think that would be acceptable.

Please note that we'll need to corroborate this video ourselves though as his identity cannot be wholly proven in this video (it could have been edited together for example - it wouldn't have been the first time :O).

Good to know thanks for the answer !

FACT0RY PIL0T
18-07-2015, 04:56
Good luck boys, as I ran a 1 min flat you just gotta bounce off the first turn cones right, it pitches you up in the air across to sector 2 then you land on the straight, but they know I was trying to be clean so its ok, and im going to Germany!!

Yinato
18-07-2015, 12:58
Hello everyone,

I would like to address a message to Andy Tudor.

First of all hello and thank you for your clarification.

However I am disappointed and angry by the verification method you use.

You say check all the best lap of the 1st drivers, but what about those who are not aware of the forum? Who thinks rightly that we must use virtual boundaries proposed UNFORTUNATELY the game?

I think it is not the players to adapt to the track boundaries but rather the track boundaries to allow the player to adapt.

This test is again a source for conflicts and this is really deplorable. Is it so difficult to place cones or simply review the track limits at least the SMS/R events?

We all try to compete on equal terms, I proved by the previous round Silverstone I could win without even biting one centimeter.

Here is my current ride on the Nurburgring GP, could you tell me if you consider this tour as valid, please? Understand that I really want to go to Gamescom and despite the disappointments, I love Project CARS!

Thank you sincerely.

My current round:

Time : 1:26.430

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiPA2FzheSg

Joni Varis
18-07-2015, 13:05
LOL. How you even dare to ask if that is valid lap? You left the track completely at S1 & and cutted the c*ap out of the chicane.

Now try to better that while staying inside track, oh yeah you cant :)

FA RACING 01
18-07-2015, 13:37
LOL. How you even dare to ask if that is valid lap? You left the track completely at S1 & and cutted the c*ap out of the chicane.

You most probably right Joni, but you can't blame Yinato for asking. The approaches in judging what's fair followed between Ian, Doug and Andy are different and kinda confusing, so it will be great to get a final and clear ruling.

Yinato
18-07-2015, 13:48

Hello Joni,

Your jealousy is pathetic.

Anyway I assure you, that we should cut or not will not change my performance.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Yinato
18-07-2015, 13:53
You most probably right Joni, but you can't blame Yinato for asking. The approaches in judging what's fair followed between Ian, Doug and Andy are different and kinda confusing, so it will be great to get a final and clear ruling.

Hello FA RACING 01,

Thank you to you for your fair reasoning.

I wish you luck and hope be found at Gamescom!

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Ian Bell
18-07-2015, 13:57
Hello Joni,

Sincerely,
Anthony.

No need for personal attacks Yinato. You did find a new route for turn three to be fair.

I should add that your technique and driving skills are excellent.

EMW Simmo
18-07-2015, 13:58

Come on now this is getting embarrassing, just stop the championship and fully restart when the game is ready/new track limits...
I mean his lap is clean technically and he can obviousley drive, but whos to say he might get beaten by a driver that has cut more but still clean, knowing he could go even faster.....whole champ is dogs dinner and become a joke.
Plus now got made up profiles on the xbone version of people that cant beat there now dirty lap lol...
So have resorted to a new profile to acheive a clean lap lololol, no wonder no one is bothering to enter, top 16 2-3 drivers running 5 gamertags wow!!!!!!

Kevin Leaune
18-07-2015, 14:04
Hello everyone,

Compared to messages and decision on the Project CARS forum, SDL members decided to re-create an account for validated a time without cutting the NGK chicane

We understand the position of the studios

SDL Rossi46 -> SDL RossiForty6

Thank you to take this into account

Best Regards

FA RACING 01
18-07-2015, 14:14
New profile sounds fair, provided points go to new profile and not the old (other) one.

N0body Of The Goat
18-07-2015, 14:15
Here is my current ride on the Nurburgring GP, could you tell me if you consider this tour as valid, please? Understand that I really want to go to Gamescom and despite the disappointments, I love Project CARS!

Thank you sincerely.

My current round:

Time : 1:26.430

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiPA2FzheSg

You cut the ~100kph left corner at ~0:34 at blatently cut the ~100kph chicane at ~1:30.

Valid lap? Not even close, in my book. You gained ~1.5secs by inventing your own track lane outside the track defining white lines!

FA RACING 01
18-07-2015, 14:19
You cut the ~100kph left corner at ~0:34 at blatently cut the ~100kph chicane at ~1:30.

Valid lap? Not even close, in my book. You gained ~1.5secs by inventing your own track lane outside the track defining white lines!

Once again, you most probably right, but we need to find out who's book we should use and exactly what the book says. Different versions of the book and plenty of opinions doesn't help much to make it clear.

Blupp
18-07-2015, 14:42
It's simple, one tire must be on track at all times. In a hotlap competition, people use everything they have, if it's legal or not. Just restrict it to the asphalt, I don't say it has to be like that in a race or qualifying, but in hotlap you need the exact same conditions for everyone. Handle it like the fia in 2014, zero tolerance approach.

EMW Simmo
18-07-2015, 14:52
Hello everyone,

Compared to messages and decision on the Project CARS forum, SDL members decided to re-create an account for validated a time without cutting the NGK chicane

We understand the position of the studios

SDL Rossi46 -> SDL RossiForty6

Thank you to take this into account

Best Regards

Joke, absolute madness, so now your allowed umpteen accounts for umpteen attempts at cheating until 1 is deemed valid....oh dear.

Joni Varis
18-07-2015, 16:06
Hello Joni,

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Yeah, im all green of envy ;)

Stop cutting and using driving aids. Then maybe, just maybe ill give you some respect someday. Just few events ago you were acting like community ambassador touting for no cutting, yet here we are again LOL.

Yinato
18-07-2015, 16:49
No need for personal attacks Yinato. You did find a new route for turn three to be fair.

I should add that your technique and driving skills are excellent.

Hello Ian Bell,

I have insulted anyone, I simply found that Joni is always present when it comes to launch some despicable thoughts by judging people whom he knows nothing, for me it is apaprente a form of jealousy and I see no insult in the word.

I speak to you through Google translation so I hope there has been no distortion of what I wanted to interpret.

Thank you for your compliments that make me great pleasure!

If I understand correctly, it is necessary me to use my other account ''Yinato'' to make the same lap without cutting the chicane and S1?

Thank you sincerely yours.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

GT-Club_Atho_
18-07-2015, 17:03

Again you spend your time criticizing others. You have a short memory, I remind you that Yinato beat everyone on the last round by being the only one in 1.26. Where have you been? No part..Oh yes you were explaining a difference between PC and console. off is seen, seen Sonik time on PC (1.26.510) there is none. You just have the wrong setup.

Now the organizers have clearly defined the limits of tracks I hope you will attend this event. I am ready to assure you that Yinato will again very close to the victory.

Joni Varis
18-07-2015, 17:33
There is no point for me to do this event anymore, should of started practicing for it allready days ago. There is few days left & i dont have whole team to build/test setups for me like you guys do :)

I hope the rules are now clear now for everyone = we can have fair contest from the start next time around.

And tbh only compare myself against guys with no aids. I have done 1.27.4 with no aids @ silverstone.

miagi
19-07-2015, 02:33
Atm with the current "cut track detection" ppl have two options in TT.

1. Race the track how they see it and simulate real motorsport that way
2. Go by invisible areas and try to exploit it as mach as possible, making it more of an classic difficult arcade game.

I'd be more for option 1 btw.

Kevin Leaune
19-07-2015, 09:41
Hello everyone

I post my video where I realized 1.27.068 PC for Round 9

I wanted your opinion if my turn is valid or not

Best Regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVmAZ2u2oko

FinPro
19-07-2015, 09:49
edit: didnt spot that second part of that chicane. u should make 3rd account :)

N0body Of The Goat
19-07-2015, 09:55
Hello everyone

Best Regards

IMO, no, it is not valid.

At ~1:17, in the second part of the chicane, your front left wheel is outside the track defining white lines. Which I have to presume means all 4 wheels are outside the track defining white lines, which means you are "straight-lining" the intended track shape. Not by much, but IMO you should be ~1.5+ tyre widths to the left.

Kevin Leaune
19-07-2015, 10:00
the limit is the studs that define the boundary of the chicane as has been said Andy Tudor above? and then I think I save time by spanking it sincerely

Kevin Leaune
19-07-2015, 11:25
FinPro my lap is valid! I still have room for improvement! I find you very provocative ... shame to be so wicked and jealous

FinPro
19-07-2015, 11:48
im sorry kevin. No denying how fast u are. I just doesnt think that it is fair to get no:1 spot with cheating and then create another account...

FA RACING 01
19-07-2015, 13:46
Kevin. On Ian Bell's much earlier judgement (refer IVOR @ Dubai) your lap will be legal. On Doug's subsequent opinion, that lap will on a millimeter or two only just also be legal. On Andy's very recent opinion, your lap will most probably be illegal. I think SMS should rule on authority on this one as it is difficult to know who's judgement your lap should be judged upon. It's clear by now that it's not FIA rules.

Kevin Leaune
19-07-2015, 14:02
Yes it is still a little vague ...

I improved in 1.27.030 I think the lap will be legal.

thank you for your opinion :)

miagi
19-07-2015, 14:12
Hello everyone

Best Regards

Would need an outside view to be sure, chicane seems to be cut too much. FIA rule is simple, used all over the world and should be easy to understand. At least on tire touching the white line at all times. Do you understand that?

miagi
19-07-2015, 14:28
[...]
[...]

FinPro my lap is valid! I still have room for improvement! I find you very provocative ... shame to be so wicked and jealous
First you ask for opinion then you accuse ppl that doesn't give you the opinion you want as "jealous" and "wicked".

That's really sad and a sign of weak character if you like to hear my opinion.

On the other hand, first you ask, then you say it is valid, making it look like you never wanted to hear an answer and it was never a question. Could it be that you are only hear to show off and boost your ego, not to exchange opinions? That would also explain why you attack other ppl that don't agree with you.

o2R Dsquared 07
19-07-2015, 14:42
Hello everyone

Best Regards

Yes this lap is clean.

EMW Simmo
19-07-2015, 15:25
Yes this lap is clean.

Not for me as both front wheels are inside the white line, so id presume the rear is aswell, whole things a joke. Why is this championship still active why? Its a mess, n thats without taking into account all the previous tracks n results.

FACT0RY PIL0T
19-07-2015, 16:38
Yes this lap is clean.

Its not bad but the setup speed glitch is what gets me

Andy Tudor
19-07-2015, 16:52
I've just examined the lap using our in-house tools and - whilst it's extremely tight - there is indeed a short time when all four wheels are outside of the white lines equating to roughly 0:00.230 of time 'off the track' (a split second after the image below)...

Given that SDL Sonik has a lap time of 1.27.030 and FinPro is a full 1.5 seconds behind it's a real shame since if you simply shunted the car a teeny weeny bit to the left it would have been a valid lap.

Given that FinPro's lap is irrefutably clean I would judge that his is the fastest clean lap currently on PC. This is how he takes that chicane btw...

miagi
19-07-2015, 17:13
Well done FinPro, respect for your fairness!

ibby
19-07-2015, 17:15
Awesome! No more imaginary lines to nail, now we can have a real championship. :)
2 wheels over the white line IS the tolerance.

Would like some thoughts from the fast guys on the new Soft tyre.
Are you able to get about the same laptimes from before the patch ?

Kevin Leaune
19-07-2015, 17:18
I a wheel on the track and the other on the white line ...

I'll get the 1.26.9xx then ;)

N0body Of The Goat
19-07-2015, 17:18
Besides the corner-cutting debate, my biggest gripes for these events (where all times are being put in one leaderboard) are drivers being able to turn...
Damage disabled "on"
ABS/TC/SC "on" for cars that don't have this as real assists, such as the Formula A
The brake duct and engine radiator "0" exploit (for reduced aero drag)
Any drivers using multiple profiles

Currently, I would be at least 14th (rather than 53rd), because everyone else above me has at least one aid listed in addition to auto-clutch in the current Formula A @ Nurburg GP (without taking account of any corner cutting times manually excluded by Andy T & Co).

FACT0RY PIL0T
19-07-2015, 17:20
I've just examined the lap using our in-house tools and - whilst it's extremely tight - there is indeed a short time when all four wheels are outside of the white lines equating to roughly 0:00.230 of time 'off the track' (a split second after the image below)...

Given that SDL Sonik has a lap time of 1.27.030 and FinPro is a full 1.5 seconds behind it's a real shame since if you simply shunted the car a teeny weeny bit to the left it would have been a valid lap.

Given that FinPro's lap is irrefutably clean I would judge that his is the fastest clean lap currently on PC. This is how he takes that chicane btw...

Pretty cool view and feedback!!

And not sure why but, my Imola lap in my OP should have been deleted, pretty sure I ran way wide top of the hill.

miagi
19-07-2015, 17:27
Besides the corner-cutting debate, my biggest gripes for these events (where all times are being put in one leaderboard) are drivers being able to turn...
Damage disabled "on"
ABS/TC/SC "on" for cars that don't have this as real assists, such as the Formula A
The brake duct and engine radiator "0" exploit (for reduced aero drag)
Any drivers using multiple profiles

Well unrealistic aids is irritating. Brake duct, engine radiator and other is something else for one lap. Looking at it from this pov, Ayrton Senna was the biggest exploiter ever. In the turbo era, they boosted his car so that it was super fast for one lap and then, turbo, gearbox and tires were destroyed and probably also the whole engine was replaced for the race. In the race they run lower boost.

EMW Simmo
19-07-2015, 18:54
Well unrealistic aids is irritating. Brake duct, engine radiator and other is something else for one lap. Looking at it from this pov, Ayrton Senna was the biggest exploiter ever. In the turbo era, they boosted his car so that it was super fast for one lap and then, turbo, gearbox and tires were destroyed and probably also the whole engine was replaced for the race. In the race they run lower boost.

What n u think senna was the only driver to do that lol....
What it should be is the stock tune for everyone in these comps, you pick the car choose your livery n bam set your best time, afterall its about the driver not who has unlimited amounts of time to find an exploit in the tune, n run low 27s missing apexs when the stock car is prob 2 sec a lap slower.

Schadows
19-07-2015, 19:33
Back in the days, they didn't just change engine every track, they also had an engine just for the qualy (all of them).
They were using the warm up session on the sunday morning to "hone" their new race engine.

David Semperger
19-07-2015, 21:02
its about the driver not who has unlimited amounts of time to find an exploit in the tune

If you know of actual exploits then report them, but I don't think there are any at the moment, every change is a compromise and what works for you may not work for others.

Otherwise, I agree with you. It would be great if we also had championships where everyone could only use the default or a pre-made setup. I can usually finish in the top 10-15 in TT events, but I need to practice and play with the setup so much to do that throughout the week that it's tiring to do week after week, especially in this heat. It would be great to have events, where the playing field would be level even for those of us who don't always have the time, will or knowledge to fiddle with parts of a different car every week.

Kevin Leaune
19-07-2015, 21:30
Lap Time : 1.26.977

http://youtu.be/Qebkrz6zvB0

Ezor
19-07-2015, 21:39
It would be great if we also had championships where everyone could only use the default or a pre-made setup

Totally agree with that, it seems a really good idea

FACT0RY PIL0T
19-07-2015, 22:03
If you know of actual exploits then report them, but I don't think there are any at the moment, every change is a compromise and what works for you may not work for others. Pretty sure if you were able to compare setups between all the SDL guys, and Yami, there is one comon thing you will find between there setups, that no one else has for a setting, or settings in a combination that is giving them the speed.

o2R Dsquared 07
20-07-2015, 00:24
Lap Time : 1.26.977

http://youtu.be/Qebkrz6zvB0

Beautiful. Wish I'd had time to work on a setup for this, think it would be too late now.

GTz LiQuiD
20-07-2015, 08:02
With only a few hours to go in the Nürburgring-GP event, it would be nice to get a 100% confirmation on this. "Lap times that involve deliberate leaving the track in the Mercedes-Arena and/or the NGK chicane to gain time will not be counted towards the SMS-R Championship." Is this correct?

Don't want to waste my time improving my clean 1:27.7, when I could just use the cuts and be easily a lot quicker.

FACT0RY PIL0T
20-07-2015, 11:02
Id like to know why in Yinato's cockpit cam you can see the yellow markings on the tire but in my cockpit cam you cant. And ive tried every rideheight camber caster setting, and adjusting the pov back forwards and you still cant see it? Its like his car sits lower on PS4 compared to xone??

Kevin Leaune
20-07-2015, 11:10
I think he's adjusted his cockpit view ... you can do it too ... look in game menus

FACT0RY PIL0T
20-07-2015, 11:34
I think he's adjusted his cockpit view ... you can do it too ... look in game menusCan you adjust it up or down? Looks like its only front to back. Just makes me wonder about the rideheight which would make it quicker, and lower the center of gravity giving more grip, and my car wont sit that low in relation to the tires in his video. I know there was a rideheight bug so just wondering.

Yinato
20-07-2015, 20:34
Hello everyone,

I write because I like to get confirmation on the tour of the 1st World SDL-Rossi.

I just watched her turn and I wonder about the limits they use between the 40th and 42th second, here's a screenshot:

For me this is not correct because the entire body of the car is off the track and this is done voluntarily for better trajectory over the next right turn.

I'm not here to blame anybody but I like to know if this is considered legal because I could also improve my time by doing this.

Here is the video of his full turn:

SDL-Rossi - Time: 1'26'868

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp1yBzT9C1M&feature=youtu.be

FACT0RY PIL0T
20-07-2015, 21:52
Hello everyone,

I write because I like to get confirmation on the tour of the 1st World SDL-Rossi.

I just watched her turn and I wonder about the limits they use between the 40th and 42th second, here's a screenshot:

For me this is not correct because the entire body of the car is off the track and this is done voluntarily for better trajectory over the next right turn.

I'm not here to blame anybody but I like to know if this is considered legal because I could also improve my time by doing this.

I want to know why I cant see the yellow marks on my tires but you can clearly see them on your cockpit view??? How do you get the car so low???

miagi
21-07-2015, 00:30
Hello everyone,

This is within the FIA rules, I can see him touching the white line with two wheels.

No one would do that in real life in a F1 car, because dirt on a soft slick tire would make the car handle much worse in the next corner.

On the other hand, touching grass while technically being within the rules is quite a problem in real world racing. Esp. in "grass roots" racing events. Less wealthy teams and tracks suffer from it. The teams/drivers risk to damage their car to keep up with the fastest guys that don't care hitting the grass hard. And the tracks suffer because even if the car just goes off track with two tires, it still damages the ground next to the track, what needs to be repaired after the weekend or after some time.

In the end I'd like to add that SDL-Rossi took the ngk-chicane very very well!

Yinato
21-07-2015, 00:30
The event has just ended, congratulations to all!

I finished the evening with a time of 1:26.768 with a perfectly clean lap BUT with a baffle out a bit limited.

That is why I share with you my previous best time of 1:26.833 in order to counter a possible disqualification of my current record!

Anyway, I in 1:26.768 or 1:26.833 the result is the same, I finished 3rd overall with two stages.

Good night all.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

TSRacing_Yinato - Time : 1:26.833

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sfe1TlxLa8

TSRacing_Yinato - Time : 1:26.768

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwGHRZ9NfKU

Joca63
21-07-2015, 01:55
Pretty sure if you were able to compare setups between all the SDL guys, and Yami, there is one comon thing you will find between there setups, that no one else has for a setting, or settings in a combination that is giving them the speed.

Agree..I just hope it is not something like it was seen in the "another" sim we have in the market where ppl found that putting both sway bars to max caused max grip...I just could not figure out how they got here 315km on the straight and taking the curves at that so high speed...it bugs me...the cars seem to be on a rail ?!?

Yinato
21-07-2015, 02:17
Agree..I just hope it is not something like it was seen in the "another" sim we have in the market where ppl found that putting both sway bars to max caused max grip...I just could not figure out how they got here 315km on the straight and taking the curves at that so high speed...it bugs me...the cars seem to be on a rail ?!?

Hello Joca63,

I reply to your message to inform you that there is no bug in the settings to obtain a performance gain.

The configurations are very long to develop, we spend several hours to several people.

In the long run, this is exhausting and I would prefer cars imposed without adjustments to confront on equal!

I also love that the driving aids are banned, leaving only available abs: Ian Bell and Andy Tudor, if you hear me hihi! :o

If some people want a little help on the settings I can provide some of our bases once the agreement of my partners.

Last thing, I hope the next SMS/R events will be updated on the track boundaries.

Good night.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Yinato
21-07-2015, 02:21
I want to know why I cant see the yellow marks on my tires but you can clearly see them on your cockpit view??? How do you get the car so low???

You can adjust your seat to your liking in the key assignments menu!

I hope I was clear.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

FACT0RY PIL0T
21-07-2015, 03:10
Hello Joca63,

I reply to your message to inform you that there is no bug in the settings to obtain a performance gain.

The configurations are very long to develop, we spend several hours to several people.

In the long run, this is exhausting and I would prefer cars imposed without adjustments to confront on equal!

I also love that the driving aids are banned, leaving only available abs: Ian Bell and Andy Tudor, if you hear me hihi! :o

If some people want a little help on the settings I can provide some of our bases once the agreement of my partners.

Last thing, I hope the next SMS/R events will be updated on the track boundaries.

Good night.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Setups will change with the new tire model in patch 2.5 but id be willing to bet with that much TOE you have, your maxed or running something that wouldnt work in real life. Willin to bet you didnt just fine tune it you stumbled onto something that adds the extra speed and grip.

FACT0RY PIL0T
21-07-2015, 03:13
You can adjust your seat to your liking in the key assignments menu!

I hope I was clear.

Sincerely,
Anthony.
Maybe on PC, but not in xone for up down, its front to back as far as I see, no adjustments for up down, and I still cant see the letters on the tires in cockpit mode.

Yinato
21-07-2015, 03:45
Setups will change with the new tire model in patch 2.5 but id be willing to bet with that much TOE you have, your maxed or running something that wouldnt work in real life. Willin to bet you didnt just fine tune it you stumbled onto something that adds the extra speed and grip.

What you say is very interesting!

How can we really compare our time if we do not have the same updates?

If I understand correctly, PC gamers already have the new tire physics?

If there are gameplay differences from one platform to the other during a competition in progress, this is really unfair...

I hope I'm wrong...

[EDIT]
Here is where the seat adjustments are located:

Joni Varis
21-07-2015, 04:04
Yes PC has allready new tyres, only tested those few laps yesterday at silverstone and if anything felt those were slower than 2.0. But then again did use same setup than before patch, so most likely need some changes to get it working proberly. But we cant ever know if some of the PC guys have stopped their game from updating and kept using patch 2.0.

But for once i agree with you :)

Really dont understand how they can run these competitions "cross platform" when different platforms has different game versions. Like now PS4 & XO are 2.0, PC 2.5.

FinPro
21-07-2015, 10:34
Yes PC has allready new tyres, only tested those few laps yesterday at silverstone and if anything felt those were slower than 2.0. But then again did use same setup than before patch, so most likely need some changes to get it working proberly. But we cant ever know if some of the PC guys have stopped their game from updating and kept using patch 2.0.

Really dont understand how they can run these competitions as "cross platform" when different platforms has different game versions. Like now PS4 & XO are 2.0, PC 2.5.

after the new patch my setup went to undrivable so i had to start all over again. I can share my setup later on if none of these other top guys dare. Its basicly modified Jack Van Hees setup. Nothing fancy. After the patch driving without aids was way too much slover that with aids on. I did 1.26.7 on this event.

FACT0RY PIL0T
21-07-2015, 10:49
after the new patch my setup went to undrivable so i had to start all over again. I can share my setup later on if none of these other top guys dare. Its basicly modified Jack Van Hees setup. Nothing fancy. After the patch driving without aids was way too much slover that with aids on. I did 1.26.7 on this event.

So after the patch with aids you still did a 1.26.7 using Jacks setup modified?

FinPro
21-07-2015, 10:54
yes, i did that time last night. Game was patched on friday. Before patch car was definately faster. I did no use aids (exept ABS) before patch. After that it was mandatory :)

FACT0RY PIL0T
21-07-2015, 10:59
yes, i did that time last night. Game was patched on friday. Before patch car was definately faster. I did no use aids (exept ABS) before patch. After that it was mandatory :)

Thats funny, as I tried jacks setup without patch aids or no aids and it would barely do a 128 on xbox modified, and not modified. Like to know where the 2 seconds comes from In the setup?

Joni Varis
21-07-2015, 11:01
Well its obvious that driving aids makes FA a lot faster, specially stability control (aka magic carpet ride) & ABS. It was same even with 2.0 though, i really wish in future there will be atleast some events where all driving aids are disabled.

Would be interesting to see the set for 26:s with these new tyres, but i doubt it will be very driveable without aids :)

FACT0RY PIL0T
21-07-2015, 11:16
Well its obvious that driving aids makes FA a lot faster, specially stability control (aka magic carpet ride) & ABS. It was same even with 2.0 though, i really wish in future there will be atleast some events where all driving aids are disabled.

Would be interesting to see the set for 26:s with these new tyres, but i doubt it will be very driveable without aids :)
Driving with aids blahhhhhhh should be slower, and limiting, more like its getting more simcade now

FinPro
21-07-2015, 11:35
Thats funny, as I tried jacks setup without patch aids or no aids and it would barely do a 128 on xbox modified, and not modified. Like to know where the 2 seconds comes from In the setup?

Here is the setup

i modified jack's gearing to make 2nd 3rd and 4th gear little longer. Final gear 6.40
Acc diff is 20 and dec is 18
Brake map :3

aTTaX boMbaY
21-07-2015, 11:35

Really dont understand how they can run these competitions "cross platform" when different platforms has different game versions. Like now PS4 & XO are 2.0, PC 2.5.

oh mate, we already had that probs a while ago. just think about the road america tournament ;)

Joni Varis
21-07-2015, 11:41
oh mate, we already had that probs a while ago. just think about the road america tournament ;)

I dont think there were different game revisions beetween platforms on that event. Some bug maybe, but who knows. But example on this latest event consoles & pc had totally different tyres.

Joni Varis
21-07-2015, 12:09
Here is the setup

212709 Differential,engine brake map,gearing? Diff settings alongside with gearing specially makes huge difference with this car if right or wrong.

But something definately not right with physicks when settings as such is so fast, setup like that would never work in real race car.

FACT0RY PIL0T
21-07-2015, 13:11
Differential,engine brake map,gearing? Diff settings alongside with gearing specially makes huge difference with this car if right or wrong.

But something definately not right with physicks when settings as such is so fast, setup like that would never work in real race car.

Like I said, running 0 for camber is total bull!! Maybe a little more straight up tire for LeMa type track, but 0 camber for circuts is not a simulation.

Publicenemy
21-07-2015, 13:21
I dont think there were different game revisions beetween platforms on that event. Some bug maybe, but who knows. But example on this latest event consoles & pc had totally different tyres.#

for sure joni,

you get the 1.4 patch 2 days before the end of the wisconsin TT. After patch 2.0 the problem/bug which i reported is gone. i tested it with a random setup just for a few laps. i was suddenly 1 second faster in sector 2. i can go easily the fastest possible laptimes before the patch....

instead of help you decided to insult us as cheater.
More help for your memories ?

YOU have to better be abashed in this case,dont you ?

RTA nOsKiLlS
21-07-2015, 13:23
Like I said, running 0 for camber is total bull!! Maybe a little more straight up tire for LeMa type track, but 0 camber for circuts is not a simulation.

I've got a few cars set with 0 camber on the front wheel. It was to try and stop the tyres getting so hot. Its always the inside of the tyre, giving me the impression there is too much camber.

Joca63
21-07-2015, 13:25
?... but 0 camber for circuts is not a simulation...

That is the point we are discovering...although it is a nice and funny racing game, I do not think we can call it a simulation yet. Just look at the setup and lap times, plus aids, and then they set a cross platform competition with different versions?!? Something is not right yet and we'd better not take this events too seriously, it is not worth the time and the arguing we get. IMHO, considering the actual dev stage, SMS should do this events with pre-fixed configurations, no aids...and after correcting the cutting problems (can not wait for that fix).

choupolo
21-07-2015, 13:25
Here is the setup

i modified jack's gearing to make 2nd 3rd and 4th gear little longer. Final gear 6.40

Thanks FinPro.

I'm reassured that I was close on my downforce to yours (with 8 and 6) and wasn't doing it completely wrong!

The only major differences from mine are the 0 front camber (I needed mine at -2.4 to make the car less twitchy), the front tyre pressure (mine dialled to 1.50 to tune out oversteer) and the front sway (mine was at 100 again to reduce oversteer).

I'm starting to get the feeling that the fastest times only come from a setup that oversteers more than I'm capable of controlling. When I dial in settings that I'm comfortable with it understeers such that I have to wait to get the power down. Once I'm applying the throttle my turning arc is minimal, and then a little too much throttle and the back snaps. If I apply settings like FinPro's, I'm sure my turning arc will be better but I then can't find the balance between crawling and doing donuts.

I compared my laps with Sonik's video and I'm close in most corners, but can lose up to half a second through the longer 3rd gear corners (like the final one), just waiting to get back on the throttle.

That is where a whole 2 seconds went for me, where it seems like I was on "the limit". :D

Joni Varis
21-07-2015, 13:29

Yeah, but its not only the camber. Just look at the sway bars aswell as example, using such soft arbs all around should make the car the horrible to drive.

Publicenemy
21-07-2015, 13:31
That is the point we are discovering...although it is a nice and funny racing game, I do not think we can call it a simulation yet. Just look at the setup and lap times, plus aids, and then they set a cross platform competition with different versions?!? Something is not right yet and we'd better not take this events too seriously, it is not worth the time and the arguing we get. IMHO, considering the actual dev stage, SMS should do this events with pre-fixed configurations, no aids...and after correcting the cutting problems (can not wait for that fix).

+1

Forza have more simulation THAT WORKS as this game. pcars have so much potential in all cases but nothing works. the complete tyremodel is broken and i think SMS know that cause the temps are never correct if you change the camber/pressure in extreme values.just embarrassing to call this SIM . it is in so many cases a complete joke....

Joni Varis
21-07-2015, 13:35
#

for sure joni,

you get the 1.4 patch 2 days before the end of the wisconsin TT. After patch 2.0 the problem/bug which i reported is gone. i tested it with a random setup just for a few laps. i was suddenly 1 second faster in sector 2. i can go easily the fastest possible laptimes before the patch....

instead of help you decided to insult us as cheater.
More help for your memories ?

YOU have to better be abashed in this case,dont you ?

Well there was no difference whatsoever on pc on the car handling compared to early days vs the last days, if 1.4 really was released during event it didnt make any difference. But as said earlier if you really feel there is/was difference, then PM to mods/devs and stop crying out loud here.

And to fresh YOUR memory, it wasnt me who started the insulting on that case. It was you who started the flamewar calling us cheaters first! :)

Publicenemy
21-07-2015, 13:45
youre really dumb as shit xD

Joni Varis
21-07-2015, 13:47
That starts to be bit too much, just reported you to mods.

E: Dont bother to edit the post as its allready saved..

choupolo
21-07-2015, 13:54
Forza's tyre model is not as complex. The more variables you try to account for the harder it will be to be consistent and produce correct results for all situations.

You need a PhD to understand tyre physics properly.

To me Forza's model is consistent but too simple to really feel like real life. SMS on the other hand have been very ambitious, but it has led to some unpredictable outcomes. I believe they will improve it though the more unrealistic exploits start to surface.

FACT0RY PIL0T
21-07-2015, 13:55
Yeah, but its not only the camber. Just look at the sway bars aswell as example, using such soft arbs all around should make the car the horrible to drive.
Yeah yeah i saw that too, but its funny and reminds me of wayyy back when in beta I asked them to up the grip on the Formula A so I could pinpoint some things that needed a bit of adjustment in my OP, but that discusion went south quick, and basically when I stopped driving it.

Umer Ahmad
21-07-2015, 14:43
Please, we are children now? Grow up. Final warning.

GT-Club_Atho_
21-07-2015, 15:25
If PC guys have the opportunity to run with another tyre model it's totally unfair and the round should be cancelled.

FACT0RY PIL0T
21-07-2015, 17:11
If PC guys have the opportunity to run with another tyre model it's totally unfair and the round should be cancelled.
Yeah who knows what should be done or not, but think about how many guys are gonna look for a 0 camber setting, and basically no rollbars to to gain that much over a normal setup type... like the same 1% looking for the max runoff on track legalities

TSRacing_Racer
21-07-2015, 20:41
Hi everybody,

I want to dedicate this message to the staff.

I really appreciate (like many players) the change of the regulations about track limits applicated during the last round on Nurburgring GP.
I also really appreciate that the staff is continously listening carefully to the players and quickly react. :applause: :cool:

So now I want to talk about the previous rounds of the championship. I think it would be fair to review some of them.
Round 1 Barcelona : cut in the last chicane
Round 3 Silverstone GT Sprint : VERY HUGE cut passing in the pit lane instead of staying on the track
Round 4 Azure Circuit : very dirty "wall surfing"
Round 5 Zolder GT Sprint : huge cut in the T2 chicanes
For all players who worked very hard, did not cut and did not receive any reward points, I think it would be normal and FAIR to re run some of them (like we did for Barcelona and Brands Hatch) or simply cancel the results. Especially Round 3 and Round 4 where the gain of cheat was amazing with at least 3 seconds per lap for Silverstone !!! :mad:)

I really like giving my best in every corner, shaking like a leaf arriving on last corner and this championship is perfect for this ! :victorious:
Until now, all rounds that you proposed were very good choices. So, as a big fan of Project Cars :love_heart:, I really want to share some ideas of improvement issued from my experience as championship organizer on Gran Turismo for example.

I think the best solution would be to apply special track limits for SMS R championship rounds. If a lap is not in compliance with the track limits that the staff defined, the game shall automatically invalidate the lap. It avoid confusion, it is undeniable and it is less work for the staff for replay review.
But I am aware of the complexity to develop and apply a such functionality, especially for the the close next rounds. If you plan to integrate this new feature, I want to say the staff that I am available and volunteer if any help is needed for testing. :)

A such functionality is also needed because as it is a time trial, a driver goes to the limits and sometimes he ends a lap and he sees after review that he is OUT and it is not possible to delete himself his lap time. As a consequence, it is needed to use another account to make a cleaner lap. I think it is not convenient. :sorrow:

Other thing that would be much appreciated by drivers would be to make some photos to illustrate track limits on critical corners. The idea is to take photos showing IN / OUT paths and publish them on the official website and the forum. Photo are always better than a long speech. :)

Again, I know that it represents an amount of work. But I think that it is mandatory for this championship if it wants to be more
and more considered as a major and serious championship in the world of Racing games.

Thank you again for all the work you do until now !
Continue like this ! :victorious: See you soon on tracks and why not IRL :)

Best Regards
Pierre

Joni Varis
22-07-2015, 03:41
Here is the setup

Well tried that set yesterday and tbh it was quite bad to drive without assists & didint really even suit me too well, had to increase front wing to 11 to dial out some of the understeer. With such stiff springs it has very strange bouncy feel all the time and front tyres kind of started to skid at slower corners.

But biggest issue really is the downshifting now, it seems like these new tyres made the car even more prone to have the "rear kick" while downshifting at slow speeds. Comparing my laps to those videos posted in this thread i loose so much time on downshifts only, i just cant slam the gear down like that or it locks the rear & makes me either to spun or need to make huge correction which costs lots of time.

FinPro
22-07-2015, 05:11
Well tried that set yesterday and tbh it was quite bad to drive without assists & didint really even suit me too well, had to increase front wing to 11 to dial out some of the understeer. With such stiff springs it has very strange bouncy feel all the time and front tyres kind of started to skid at slower corners.

But biggest issue really is the downshifting now, it seems like these new tyres made the car even more prone to have the "rear kick" while downshifting at slow speeds. Comparing my laps to those videos posted in this thread i loose so much time on downshifts only, i just cant slam the gear down like that or it locks the rear & makes me either to spun or need to make huge correction which costs lots of time.

Thats why i had to switch aids on. If u have tips to make the setup faster, please share it here. I also would like to see SDL guys share their setup for community as they dominated leaderboards on this event.

Would be also nice to see actually the Sonik's No:1 lap on replay as they usually post their videos here.

Anyway, congrats to Sonik for the fastest lap!

Publicenemy
22-07-2015, 10:41
if my information is right ,the fastest people of any platform get an invite to the gamescom for a championchip..... thats the reason why sonic suddenly drives on PC. and thats for sure the reason why they never share their setup. But really,i dont know if this information i right

choupolo
22-07-2015, 10:58
There are of course more FA events coming up, so they might not wish to give away their setup for this reason?

It also seems common that one setup often doesn't suit another depending on controller type and assists used etc. so although I do appreciate sharing setups, it's often not a magic solution.

FACT0RY PIL0T
22-07-2015, 11:19
There are of course more FA events coming up, so they might not wish to give away their setup for this reason?

It also seems common that one setup often doesn't suit another depending on controller type and assists used etc. so although I do appreciate sharing setups, it's often not a magic solution.I think its more an exploit they have found that makes it have a bunch more speed and stability, as back at Silverstone event sonic kept asking for my setup, then all of a sudden theres like another second or more being taken off times now with this event.

Joca63
22-07-2015, 12:38

Same here....using exactly the same set up I had I am now 4-5 seconds slower and there are some tracks where it is almost impossible to dive in without losing the rear (it seems Formula A is more prone to that).

Andy Tudor
22-07-2015, 12:45
We are now collating the entries for this round. Winners to be announced tomorrow likely.

Joca63
22-07-2015, 12:47
I think its more an exploit they have found that makes it have a bunch more speed and stability, as back at Silverstone event sonic kept asking for my setup, then all of a sudden theres like another second or more being taken off times now with this event.

You know, I do not like to judge, but you may be right because their laps were so fast and they seem to be done effortlessly...no corrections, no wheels locks, not going wide, fast as hell in the straights, very fast in the curves...I do not know...when you take DF down, you MUST lose on curves...and so on...then I see the 0 camber guys with min sway bars, for example, and that does not match...it really seems that there is something that turns the car a beast (we had 'a similar behavior' in F1 from CM...no matter what you did to the rest, you had 2 sliders that at maximum setting put the car in a rail...became an arcade driving).

FACT0RY PIL0T
23-07-2015, 03:08
You know, I do not like to judge, but you may be right because their laps were so fast and they seem to be done effortlessly...no corrections, no wheels locks, not going wide, fast as hell in the straights, very fast in the curves...I do not know...when you take DF down, you MUST lose on curves...and so on...then I see the 0 camber guys with min sway bars, for example, and that does not match...it really seems that there is something that turns the car a beast (we had 'a similar behavior' in F1 from CM...no matter what you did to the rest, you had 2 sliders that at maximum setting put the car in a rail...became an arcade driving).
I know what your saying, and I was like nah something is up in the setups, and running no camber plus other stuff is just making it that much better and it should be way worse. Plus the other thing is the save setup hit and miss being bugged for xbox wont be fixed until i guess patch 2.0, and my car is just slow as a 67 vw rabbit now for some reason.

Ill save a setup its fast before saving it then things get changed while saving then resave and it wont do the lap again. I just spent 2 hours adjusting my setup save re save retry put back in the original I have and finally got it back to running the same as my lap record at Watkinsglen, and im just like whatever.

Basically why I didnt even post a time for this last event, I cant even get consistent saves to where it drives the same.

Andy Tudor
23-07-2015, 17:09
We are now collating the entries for this round. Winners to be announced tomorrow likely.

Having gone through the results of Round 9 I can confirm that the participants with the fastest legal times on each platform who will therefore be going to Gamescom thanks to Logitech Gaming are:

Yinato with a time of 1.26.768 on PlayStation 4
FinPro with a time of 1.26.700 on PC
SDL Rossi46 with a time of 1.26.460 on Xbox One

Each will be contacted privately in order to co-ordinate the next steps.