PDA

View Full Version : Driving in the rain, YOUR tips!

Megalomanic87
09-05-2015, 12:04
Hey everyone,
So, driving in Watkins Glen online, nice sunny day, feeling fine, good moods all around the stands, the odd whiff of suncream and BBQ's, suddenly...

Argh!!!

Tip towing around any track with the wrong setup isn't easy when its wet, whats your tips on tweaking with the car to make it perform better in the rain?
Share!

Scav3nger
09-05-2015, 14:35
Pit immediately, swap to wets. In general keep the revs low and the gears high out of corners. Do not push as hard as you would in the dry unless you want to end up in the fence.

If you're still on slicks when the water starts to build up you're in for a bad time.

GUD OL STONER
09-05-2015, 16:28
Drift it like a boss, take everyone out!
It's fun with friends, random's don't tend to like it tho

Megalomanic87
09-05-2015, 16:45
Pit immediately, swap to wets. In general keep the revs low and the gears high out of corners. Do not push as hard as you would in the dry unless you want to end up in the fence.

But for example, how much would you increase ride height, downforce, camber etc? I always set my cars that little bit higher to avoid aquaplaining. Would more contact with the road help clearing the water from the wheels? Or am i reading too much into Pcars? :P :P

PumaSpec
09-05-2015, 18:25
Pit and wait for Rain to stop. :watermelon: ''I really can't drive in the wet''

Rockefelluh
09-05-2015, 20:26
But for example, how much would you increase ride height, downforce, camber etc? I always set my cars that little bit higher to avoid aquaplaining. Would more contact with the road help clearing the water from the wheels? Or am i reading too much into Pcars? :P :P

Often you don't have time to adjust these with rain coming in right? Does Pcars allow you to change these mid race?

NVI0U5
10-05-2015, 00:55
ive been in 2-3 lap races where pitting really isnt a great option I just take it alot easier, generally drive in a higher gear, keep rpm low

Scav3nger
10-05-2015, 02:14

Unless I have a more wet-spec set up ready knowing that rain is in the forecast, I don't adjust any of that, just put the rain tyres on and keep going. The rain tyres should raise the ride height a bit anyway with the extra rubber for the treads.