PDA

View Full Version : [IT'S WORKING] Tire Wear Not Working ??

bhamx2
09-05-2015, 12:15
Hi all,

I am racing in GT3 career mode and have tire wear set to x7.

During a 15 lap race after lap 10 the AI cars are sliding around with little grip. This suggests that x7 tire wear is being applied to the AI cars during the race (after the equivalent of 70 laps their tires would be completely worn out and this correlate after 10 laps).

However my car loses no grip and my tires appear to be at 100% even at the end of lap 15. I end up lapping all of the AI cars and there is no challenge to be had.

I want my tires to wear at a similar rate to the AI. Does anyone know how I would do this or whether what I have described is a bug ?

Many thanks

Elmo
09-05-2015, 12:19
Moved to Technical Help & Support

Can you use a tool like Tom Shanes Profiler (http://www.tomshane.cz/profiler/) to check if what kind of wear you get?

bhamx2
09-05-2015, 12:19
Hi all, on the topic of wear I have a frustrating situation maybe you can help me with;

I am racing in GT3 career mode and have tire wear set to x7.

During a 15 lap race after lap 10 the AI cars are sliding around with little grip. This suggests that x7 tire wear is being applied to the AI cars during the race (after the equivalent of 70 laps their tires would be completely worn out and this correlate after 10 laps).

However my car loses no grip and my tires appear to be at 100% even at the end of lap 15. I end up lapping all of the AI cars and there is no challenge to be had.

I want my tires to wear at a similar rate to the AI. Does anyone know how I would do this or whether what I have described is a bug ?

Many thanks

bhamx2
09-05-2015, 12:40
Thank you for the quick reply I will download and report back.

bhamx2
09-05-2015, 13:08
Tyre wear is showing as being constant i.e. no wear. This was in a free practice session but would assume it doesnt matter as my tyre wear settings havent changed........

Actually the channels for tyre wear are now updating and after about 10 laps ive got 40% wear on my front left tyre but only marginal on my others.

This does not explain though why the AI cars have drastically less grip than I do after 10 laps.....

ironik
09-05-2015, 13:10
I heard the same thing happening for xBoxOne.

bhamx2
10-05-2015, 14:05
Please can anyone help with my issue?

bhamx2
10-05-2015, 14:06
Please can anyone help with my issue ?

Elmo
10-05-2015, 14:45
It could be that the tires on the AI cars wear a bit more than on yours and this is extrapolated with 7x multiplier.

Can you provide me with the following info:

Your Car
Track
AI Setting
Weather

Thanks. We will try to figure out what's going on.

Elmo
10-05-2015, 14:50
Moved the postings to your original thread.

No need to put the same question in different places. All question will be read and answered as best as we can. But with this being a new forum with many people having questions it takes a while sometimes for us to reply.

bhamx2
10-05-2015, 15:34
Thank you for the reply, apologies for the multiple posts.

Well at the moment I am racing a BMW M3 in GT4 at Dubai Autodrome AI difficulty setting is 90% and the weather is cloudy. I am running x5 tyre wear multiplier to see if it was just a bug with the x7 but the results are still the same and appears to be the same across all cars and tracks.

I have literally been doing doughnuts on track and my tyre wear (even when the rears are lit up red for a couple of minutes) is only marginal showing about 15-20 % going by Tom Shanes Profiler.

Help much appreciated.

Cheers.

Elmo
10-05-2015, 16:01
Alright. I pass it on to devs and add it to our issues list.

Thanks for your help.

N0body Of The Goat
10-05-2015, 17:27
Try creating a server with x7 tyre wear, Formula A @ Catalunya GP.

You will get " cobble stone" FFB rattling within 5 laps, your corner grip will go, definite "fall off a cliff" laptimes. ;)

IJOJOI
10-05-2015, 17:39
Try creating a server with x7 tyre wear, Formula A @ Catalunya GP.

You will get " cobble stone" FFB rattling within 5 laps, your corner grip will go, definite "fall off a cliff" laptimes. ;)

This is a tire problem (see WMD physics thread).
Except of the FA SLICK tires, all others seem to have bugged, way too less wear.
http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?21718-Tire-Wear-Issue-regarding-Rain-Tires-Formula-Cars

The more I test, the more I realise, that FA SLICKs seems to be the only tires working normal in terms or WEAR.
Hope for a fix in near future.

bhamx2
10-05-2015, 18:10
Thanks for confirming the bug. Part of me thought I had messed up on one of the many settings in the game.

Its a shame I find managing / dealing with tire wear is potentially one of the most interesting aspects of a race - trying to defend a position with worn tires or conversely make positions with fresher tires.

Hopefully will be fixed soon !

IJOJOI
10-05-2015, 19:10
Thanks for confirming the bug. Part of me thought I had messed up on one of the many settings in the game.

Its a shame I find managing / dealing with tire wear is potentially one of the most interesting aspects of a race - trying to defend a position with worn tires or conversely make positions with fresher tires.

Hopefully will be fixed soon !

It was introduced shortly IIRC.
I am also looking forward to this fix, since it works on the FA slicks...
This is also the reason, that flatspots are not working as they should...
Take the F1 Slicks, and you'll get how it is normally ;)

Martin03
10-05-2015, 21:29
So... is it just when you speed it up, like X2, X7 etc speed it is bugd or when you have it on real to?

Jan Studenski
11-05-2015, 05:14
Alright. I pass it on to devs and add it to our issues list.

Thanks for your help.

I reported this problem to you a while ago. I did a x7 race against AI on Formula B and there it was the same ... when i had 30% wear the AI got punctures

Here what i used: x7 Wear - Oscherleben National - Between lap 7 - 9 all AI got punctures ... wheter my tire wear was not even at 50% at that point.

@IJOJOI:
But also dont forget: GT3 Tires are holding much longer than Formula A tires in real life ... a dev said once to me it is 90min for GT3 Soft tires
1 - 2 month ago i did run with x7 Tire Wear online ... and the tires really fell off at some point, though i never got puncture until i entered the pits and the AI took over

I can at least confirm that getting a puncture is broken. Never got one online (except when the AI took over in the pits)

bhamx2
11-05-2015, 11:51
All I have tried is x5 and x7 and I got the same result - AI tyres had worn out by lap 10 and my tyres were only at 20% wear.

In terms of the real tyre wear setting I have not tested this as I set my race length depending on how much free time I have each evening that I play which is typically between 25% and 50% (there are not enough hours in the day for me to complete full length races). At this race distance and using the real tyre wear option (and as Jan points out - given the extended wear of GT3 tyres in comparison to other disciplines) I would not have to manage my tyres in a strategic way and therefore would not be a usable option for how I want to play the game.

Also in terms of AI does anyone else find qualifying way too easy even when difficulty setting is 100% ? It seems the AI cars do not change their fuel loads so I can run light in qualifying and blitz the field. This must be a qualifying oversight as in the race even when I am running very light and on the edge the AI still seem to keep pace. I also wonder how intelligently they choose their tyres and whether they run the hard tyre most of the time as I am generally on pole between 1 and 2 seconds ahead of second place.

I suppose there is so much depth to the game and so many permutations in terms of how technical aspects of the cars can impact strategy that there were bound to be teething issues even after this long in development.

fishfash
12-05-2015, 08:21
After reading the above comments I understand there is also a bug with the AI not pitting at the correct time? Surely the AI cars should pit before they puncture out?

Thanks.

bhamx2
12-05-2015, 12:29
Possibly, AI punctures for me have happened in GT3 sprint races where pitting is not a requirement so this could be the reason they dont pit before the puncture. AI might in fact pit during a 'normal' race, i dont know.

Martin03
12-05-2015, 12:56
It was introduced shortly IIRC.
I am also looking forward to this fix, since it works on the FA slicks...
This is also the reason, that flatspots are not working as they should...
Take the F1 Slicks, and you'll get how it is normally ;)

So if you race in Formula A it works if you put tire wear to X7 or something, but not in LMP1, GT 3 etc etc?

fishfash
12-05-2015, 13:04
I have experienced tyre punctures for AI cars during a race weekend at the Nurburgring, albeit on an Xbox One. I was able to resolve this by setting a minimum 30 lap race (race weekend) and tyre wear set to 'real'. The AI cars would then make a pit stop.

If any races were configured with less than 30 laps (race weekend) and tyre wear set to x7, most of AI's tyres would be completely worn within 6-7 laps, and the AI cars would produce a spark affect from their tyres. Eventually they would coast back to the pits at a snails pace for a tyre change.

I also noticed that my own tyres did not appear to lose any grip, even after 30 odd laps.

Even with these issues the game is thoroughly enjoyable and can only get better :)

bhamx2
14-05-2015, 10:58
Any news on a potential fix for this / news on when the next patch may be released for PC.

Machinist90
14-05-2015, 14:47
Having the same issue on the xbox one,driving a 2 hours lemans session,my tires are fine (bmw m3 GT3) but I've seen other cars at a slow pace with the sparking effect,tire wear is set to x 2or 3 but not as high as 7

fishfash
15-05-2015, 12:49
Why has this thread been renamed to [IT'S WORKING] ?

X Gabe 62 X
15-05-2015, 13:23
Good question.... Probably as its been decided that it works in formula cars.... !

Appalling really. Beta testers? Really?!

Martin03
15-05-2015, 14:34
I am using Dashmeter pro, but what percentage of tire wear is where you should start to loose grip? I drove a few laps, then the went down to 94% but still felt the same as 100. So in some games you really start to notice it on 94%(like R3E DTM) while on some games 94% is nothing...

Machinist90
15-05-2015, 14:54
I am using Dashmeter pro, but what percentage of tire wear is where you should start to loose grip? I drove a few laps, then the went down to 94% but still felt the same as 100. So in some games you really start to notice it on 94%(like R3E DTM) while on some games 94% is nothing...

problem is we can't read any of that telemetry on consoles...but that's not even necessary to notice the problem,haven't tried on formula cars yet

Martin03
15-05-2015, 15:07
problem is we can't read any of that telemetry on consoles...but that's not even necessary to notice the problem,haven't tried on formula cars yet

Yeah I know that don't work or consoles, but I just wondered about that so posted here instead of making a new thread...

http://i.imgur.com/LW1xSBY.png

This is how it looked like after 14laps att Snetterton(Formula C) And lap 14 was my fastest laptime, so just wonder on when you should start to feel the tire wear. Since the % is differant in each game...

Machinist90
15-05-2015, 15:09
Yeah I know that don't work or consoles, but I just wondered about that so posted here instead of making a new thread...

Ever played on the recent F1 codemaster games? they give a good feel of tirewear,losing grip and when to change tires

bhamx2
20-05-2015, 20:18
Any updates on when this will likely get patched ??

Cheers

FS7
13-06-2015, 16:52
Yesterday I was doing testing with some GT3s & LMP2s and didn't feel any difference in grip with tyre wear set to 7x even after running 10 laps at Le Mans.

Machinist90
13-06-2015, 18:17
Yesterday I was doing testing with some GT3s & LMP2s and didn't feel any difference in grip with tyre wear set to 7x even after running 10 laps at Le Mans.

seems the tire issue has not been resolved,haven't seen one person who noticed improvement

Bealdor
13-06-2015, 18:21

seems the tire issue has not been resolved,haven't seen one person who noticed improvement

It's not in the patch notes and therefore not fixed yet.

Machinist90
13-06-2015, 18:27
"* The AI loss of grip that results from tyre degradation as a result of wear is now more noticeable."

You'd think this would be easy to copy/port to player.....

Bealdor
13-06-2015, 18:35
"* The AI loss of grip that results from tyre degradation as a result of wear is now more noticeable."

You'd think this would be easy to copy/port to player.....

The AI uses different tire physics than the player. You can't just port it over.

Machinist90
14-06-2015, 08:33
The AI uses different tire physics than the player. You can't just port it over.

as long as it's upgraded to still be fair towards the player despite this difference I'm good

hawkenfox
14-06-2015, 10:01
Lots of broken stuff in 2015.