PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Force Feedback

WatSim
09-05-2015, 12:18
Like a lot of people I was very much looking forward to this game before its release. So much so that I even went the trouble of buying a Logitech G27 racing wheel. My use of the G27 has been very limited though, because when I try to use it with the game i experience a huge drop in frame rate, rendering the game entirely unplayable. (this is a side issue and not the point of my post)

So with the G27 put to one side I used my Xbox One controller instead. For the first couple of hours, with the excitement of playing the game still pulsing through me, I found very few issues at all. But after the excitement had worn off, and I'd used a few different cars in the game. I noticed there is a huge lack of force feedback, particularly when the car loses grip. I had to check that my controller hadn't gone off at times. I played a lot of Forza 5 with my Xbox One controller, and despite its many, many faults. The one thing Forza 5 did deliver on is very intuitive gameplay. If the tyres lost grip at all on that game you'd feel it through the vibrations immediately. This is entirely lacking in Project CARS. I find the Caterham Seven Classic almost impossible to drive quickly because of this lack of feel. The rear tyres lose grip frequently and by the time I see it, it's too late. This lack of intuitive gameplay makes the game feel out dated to me, and has quickly turned me off to it. Is there anything I can do in the settings to improve this? Or is this how it is?

OppaErich
09-05-2015, 14:59
Yep, same here with DFGT and PC. I just can't get a feeling for the car without feedback. I'm bog slow. From the replies I got, we either get used to it or spend some weeks trying to set this up for any car we want to use. :grumpy:

peregrine7
09-05-2015, 15:05
Fine for me with DFGT, check out your logitech profiler settings (mine are: Overall, spring, damper at 100%, "Enable Centering spring etc turned OFF), Degrees of rotation 540 degrees (900 just a lil too much for racing IMO, allow game to adjust settings ON). Before I changed them to these settings I had to turn every car up to at least 50% tire force FFB in the car setup page.

If it's still too low, you can change it in the setup options for the car.

OppaErich
10-05-2015, 10:37
Fine for me with DFGT, check out your logitech profiler settings...

Oooh, I didn't know about Logitech Profiler. I'm pretty new to PC gaming, I've converted from XBL. The new consoles just offer too little for the money. I give it a try. Thank you !

peregrine7
10-05-2015, 12:10
No problem, hope you find some way to sort it out and find a setting you enjoy. You can push those sliders past 100% if you really feel it is light (the top 3)

Rob Prange
10-05-2015, 12:12
Moved to Technical Support forum.

Qxs
10-05-2015, 17:14
DFGT/G27: There will be no need to go beyond 100% in the profiler options with the DFGT.
Instead, increase the Tireforce and make sure the FFB is set to 100.
You might want to try the Jack Spade Tweaker files (though I did not try them with the DFGT).
Also, these two wheels may require a unique FFB Deadzone Removal value between 0 and ~0.2, experiment and find out how it works for you.