PDA

View Full Version : How to change the steering wheel degrees of rotation?

Bob Smackaroni
09-05-2015, 12:44
Hi.

From the very short time (about an hour) of me playing Project CARS, I noticed that the game automatically changes the degrees of rotation of my steering wheel depending on which car I'm driving. I'm assuming that it's supposed to mimic the real car in that regard, but personally, I'm not particularly happy with that feature and I would like to manually change the degrees of rotation myself.
So, my question is, is there any way I can set the degrees of rotation of the steering wheel in my personal preference and have it stay fixed for all cars? I'm using a G27 wheel and I have it set up to 900 degrees of rotation in the Logitech Profiler (following this guide (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE)).

Thanks.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 12:47
You may be able to do this in the In-Game wheel calibration.

Just dont turn it all the way around for the first step, try and just turn it to the amount you want.

- Note - I have not tried this myself, just a guess :)

RacingTopsy
09-05-2015, 12:51
You should be able to set the steering ratio in the car setup screen. You will however have to set it for every car.

Don't know if there is any other option available to you.

niwrA
09-05-2015, 14:30
Logitech wheels generally have a button combination that allows you to switch manually. I use it sometimes. For my wheel (DF Pro) it is right paddle, R3 and select at the same time. For G27, I think the combos are here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

Bob Smackaroni
09-05-2015, 19:57
Wow! Those button combinations actually work! Amazing I've been using this wheel for a while now and I never knew it had this feature. It's not the perfect solution, since I can't choose exactly the degrees of rotation I would like and it resets to default every time I leave my current session, but it's still a great workaround and it makes the cars a lot more comfortable to drive.

Thanks niwrA and the others who offered a solution! I appreciate it!

zorranco-
13-05-2015, 09:31
This is not a perfect solution... I usually play at 550 wich is just in the middle of this button shortcuts....I don't use H shifter either, just only wheel and pedals.

I have tried fooling game's calibration, but cars behave exactly same...Steering ratio has only a minor effect, and in any way is the same than lowering degrees from 900 to, say, 600.

I have invested some time googling for a solution but still can't figure out how you can lower wheel degrees.

Chocoloco
13-05-2015, 09:40
What about changing the wheel rotation in the Logitech driver to 550 or whatever you desire?

zorranco-
13-05-2015, 09:44
Yes sorry, forget to mention that I tried this too, but no matter if in driver you select 900 or the minimum (40).

I can't understand how a basic setup like that is not considered, given the depth of menu options in this game...

As long as I understand, in pcars wheel sensitivity depends on car type, so you don't have to change nothing from a Formula one to a GT3...Asetto Corsa behaves equal....just only, in AC you select desired wheel degrees on logitech drivers and it works.

tinchotin
13-05-2015, 09:59
Change steering ratio in the car setup. This will also change the steering lock. But be careful as you can't change steering ratio IN session, you have to exit and restart the session. This was driving me crazy as i didn't understand why there was no difference when i changed this setting. I have a Driving force GT, and i think this can't be changed in session, because it has to restart the FFB system, and apply a new degree of rotation lock, but there is no indication when you are in the pits that the session has to be restarted for this setting to work.
For example with a Formula A. By Default it has a 400 steering lock, if you go to the pit and try to change steering ratio either to the maximum value or minimum and then save it and drive there won't be any difference. If you exit session and reenter, then the steering works in the value you saved, for example 180 lock in the minimum value, and 900 in the maximum. this is something that should be either fixed or put a note in the setting description.

zorranco-
13-05-2015, 10:04
Interesting....gonna try it just now.

Not a perfect solution though, because you must do it for every car, but at least I will be able to play acccording to my preferences.

Thanks

PD: you are right, I don't know if to consider it a bug or not....

flyoffacliff
20-07-2015, 17:38
Uncheck the box in Logitech profiler labeled "Allow game to adjust settings", and change the degrees of rotation there.

ChrisBunbury
20-11-2016, 01:18
Change steering ratio in the car setup. This will also change the steering lock. But be careful as you can't change steering ratio IN session, you have to exit and restart the session. This was driving me crazy as i didn't understand why there was no difference when i changed this setting. I have a Driving force GT, and i think this can't be changed in session, because it has to restart the FFB system, and apply a new degree of rotation lock, but there is no indication when you are in the pits that the session has to be restarted for this setting to work.
For example with a Formula A. By Default it has a 400 steering lock, if you go to the pit and try to change steering ratio either to the maximum value or minimum and then save it and drive there won't be any difference. If you exit session and reenter, then the steering works in the value you saved, for example 180 lock in the minimum value, and 900 in the maximum. this is something that should be either fixed or put a note in the setting description.

I am a seasoned Forza player but just recently bought project cars for a more sim racer experience. I have a Logitech gt920 with 900 degree rotation and I've been overwhelmed by the amount of settings there are for project cars. However, I believe I've figured out steering ratio adjustment. To adjust global steering ratio you need to collaborate your 900 degree wheel in a way that tricks the game to think you have a lesser rotating wheel. First you must choose how much rotation you would like to end up with (target rotation). I'll use 330 degrees because that's my Forza setting. Now with a calculator, work out how much % the target ratation is of your maximum rotation. 330 / 900 = 36.66666666666667 so rounded up that's 37. Now start your wheel collaboration, rotate your wheel until the numbers hit 37 then press A. Now on to the second of stage collaboration, it will ask you to rotate the wheel 90 degrees, as you rotate the wheel 90 degrees the steering lock will indicate your desired target rotation, in this case 330. Now when I drive the road cars my steering is more responsive.

poirqc
20-11-2016, 04:50
I am a seasoned Forza player but just recently bought project cars for a more sim racer experience. I have a Logitech gt920 with 900 degree rotation and I've been overwhelmed by the amount of settings there are for project cars. However, I believe I've figured out steering ratio adjustment. To adjust global steering ratio you need to collaborate your 900 degree wheel in a way that tricks the game to think you have a lesser rotating wheel. First you must choose how much rotation you would like to end up with (target rotation). I'll use 330 degrees because that's my Forza setting. Now with a calculator, work out how much % the target ratation is of your maximum rotation. 330 / 900 = 36.66666666666667 so rounded up that's 37. Now start your wheel collaboration, rotate your wheel until the numbers hit 37 then press A. Now on to the second of stage collaboration, it will ask you to rotate the wheel 90 degrees, as you rotate the wheel 90 degrees the steering lock will indicate your desired target rotation, in this case 330. Now when I drive the road cars my steering is more responsive.

You're probably right about what you wrote. You can also play with steering sensitivity. Below 50, the steering is less responsive around TDC. Above 50, the steering is more responsive around TDC.

hkraft300
03-12-2016, 14:43
You should be able to set the steering ratio in the car setup screen. You will however have to set it for every car.

This here is the correct method.

Queef
15-12-2016, 03:05

This is perfect. It worked out great for me, I too am a seasoned Forza driver that just got a wheel and wanted to expand my sim racing. This is exactly the trick I needed. I used your method but set my wheel to 360 DOR. Thank you

hkraft300
15-12-2016, 06:58
That wouldn't match up with the on screen driver arms (which you may as well turn off now that you have a wheel), as well as throw out the calculation for steering ratio adjustment in car setup tuning menu.