PDA

View Full Version : question - how do you get a refund from Microsoft

shiffy
09-05-2015, 12:50
Hi there,
I'm afraid that I'm one of the few peopleon here who has just not been able to get to grips with this. For me, the control pad issues really are a game breaker for me. I appreciate what developers have tried to do, & I will be the first to admit that the game does look jaw-droppingly gorgeous. But for me, looks mean nothing if the controls aren't working right. I am suffering with the left stick issues that result in the second movement in a quick change of direction not being registered.

I am in the UK by the way. I purchased the digital pre-order edition from the Xbox Live Marketplace over a week ago. I played it briefly on Thrusday night & put a good few hours into the game yesterday. I really have tried to like this & look beyond the faults. For me personally, the controls break the game ..... which is such a shame.

This morning I have been in touch with Microsoft trying to get a refund on the game. I done this via their "Live Chat" system on the PC. The short story is they wouldn't refund. What they kept saying to me was "the game wasn't released until the 12th May" which I thought was strange. Anyway, it turns out that I was chatting to someone on the team who was beased in the USA ..... no good for me seeing as I'm based in the UK. They kept on saying that they can't refund if you purchased the game mor than 5 days ago. There was a gap greater than 5 days between the date of purchase & when i could actually play it. They suggested I can't the developers, they even gave me a reference number to quote so that the devlopers & Microsoft could review the case at a later date.

I notice that a few people here have managed to obtain a refund from Microsoft. Would you mind posting details on how you went about this. Did you use "Live Chat", did you phone them up? If so, what telephone number did you use?What department did you ask to speak to? All that kind of thing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Seps1974
09-05-2015, 12:55
Quick question. Have you tried reinstall the game? It may solve the hyper sensitivity issues.

RetroReflexx
09-05-2015, 13:32
This is a stupid post , this person is just bitter because he is only good on games like forza horizon 2 which take no ability to be good at , this game takes skill and practice

shiffy
09-05-2015, 15:12
This is a stupid post , this person is just bitter because he is only good on games like forza horizon 2 which take no ability to be good at , this game takes skill and practice

I don't believe this is a stupid post. For example, when driving the Karts when steering right & thn need in g to turn left the left imput doesn't register .... the kart continues turning right with the wheel still locked right. No amount of "ability" or skill is going to sort that out. For me, that is breaker. I've lost count of the amount of races I've had to restart due to ending up in a wall / tire barrier through not being able to change direction. Very frustrating. If you'd bought something from the shop that was broken & faulty you'd be able to take it back & get a refund. Why do digital downloads seem to be an exception? Had I bought a physical copy of the game this would not be an issue as I'd simply take the game back to the shop.

Quick question. Have you tried reinstall the game? It may solve the hyper sensitivity issues.
No, I haven't tried a reinstall. I will give that go & see if it fixes anything. I know I'm running the latest joyapd firmware as I updated that only last week.

MRM3RL1N
09-05-2015, 16:15
Hey there Shiffy,
If i were you i wouldn't give up too soon, i am sure the dev's are working hard on fixes for the silly issues like the steering lock, try giving the forums a read for possible solutions to the small things, by and large there are a few frame rate drop issues but they really aren't too bad and don't really affect the overall experience this sim has to offer, i just bought a cheap thrustmaster steering wheel and it has removed almost all the steering issues, i say almost because once in a blue moon the steering does lock but it is so easy to unlock that i put it down to a mechanical fault (yes i know it isn't).

What i am trying to say is you have just spent a good deal of money on a game with a massive development community who have been tweaking and building this game really well, but like any game when you fix one issue sometimes certain coding can affect other areas and can sometimes pass under the radar. but i can assure you that these issues will get fixed and if you do get the wheel you will be a happy racer!

Mog
09-05-2015, 16:26

Try not to be ignorant, you will discover that posts like this won't be tolerated by the community, nor the admins. Try to play nice :)

shifty has made a very valid post.

MRM3RL1N makes a good point, but if I was in your situation shifty, I would push for a refund, just make sure to come back in 3-6 months when everything has been smoothed out. Good luck getting your refund, hopefully someone can point you in the right direction ^_^

Mog xx

MysterG
09-05-2015, 16:50

As Mog said there is no need for this type of attitude or reply.

The OP obviously has valid concerns, and expressed them in a perfectly acceptable, polite way which quite frankly I would like to see more of, rather than frustrated rants.

Olijke Poffer
09-05-2015, 17:06
Als far as I know you've been warned at the time you purchached the game. It should have stated something like, "no refund possible"
But I could be wrong as I buy from the Dutch store and this could be different than another store in another country.

Anyway, I hope for you they refund anyway..

Ade1973
09-05-2015, 20:41
Hi,
I purchased a disc copy and feel exactly the same as you, there is just too much wrong with the game. I have been in first place many times and just returned to the xbox home screen. I'm pretty disgusted with the game in general and am seeking a refund. Hope you get your refund as well . all the best.

shiffy
09-05-2015, 23:44
Thanks for being supportive folks. I did contact Microsoft & was able to get them to refund my purchase of the game.

I will certainly be sticking around here though & keeping apprised of developements & fixes. During my brief time with the game I saw so much potential here. If the bugs I've experienced are ironed out I will certainly be repurchasing.

chillgreg
10-05-2015, 01:24
Thanks for being supportive folks. I did contact Microsoft & was able to get them to refund my purchase of the game.

I will certainly be sticking around here though & keeping apprised of developements & fixes. During my brief time with the game I saw so much potential here. If the bugs I've experienced are ironed out I will certainly be repurchasing.

Can you please tell us how exactly you obtained a refund? Who did you contact and what did you/they say? I had thought it was pretty much impossible to get a refund but your post has given me hope. I too will be back to buy it in the future if the bugs and handling/controller issues are fixed.

Thanks

Ade1973
10-05-2015, 07:37
On the thread concerning the quit to xbox one home screen on this forum there have been no comments from Devs, so im presuming this is currently being ignored or they have so many other problems to deal with that this will be sorted at a later date ( which really is no good to us who are sat here with an unplayable game ) I will therefore be taking a loss of 12 and trading it in at a local store today. This has unfortunately embittered me towards the game and i wont be purchasing again in the future. Good luck getting it sorted everyone and i am pleased to hear you got your refund.

Fuzzynuts
10-05-2015, 07:59
On the thread concerning the quit to xbox one home screen on this forum there have been no comments from Devs, so im presuming this is currently being ignored or they have so many other problems to deal with that this will be sorted at a later date ( which really is no good to us who are sat here with an unplayable game ) I will therefore be taking a loss of 12 and trading it in at a local store today. This has unfortunately embittered me towards the game and i wont be purchasing again in the future. Good luck getting it sorted everyone and i am pleased to hear you got your refund.
Can I just point out that this game has been developed by testers and makers that have put blood sweat and tears into it I had the chance to see this grow as I know a tester that put his own money into the game to help publish and create it, to have people sign up to the forum just to say rubbish it is makes me annoyed as really you haven't given them a chance to sort issues out. The main aim was to get the game out as it was held back for a long time. I am a racing purest and although it's all at impossible to race at the moment it won't be long till its fixed, this going to be a game that grows and the potential out weighs the negative for me. Anybody looking on getting a refund just hang on in there and post feedback to the devs and I am sure these problems will be sorted very sharpish and with everyone's help this will be the best racing sim out

shiffy
10-05-2015, 15:50
Can you please tell us how exactly you obtained a refund? Who did you contact and what did you/they say? I had thought it was pretty much impossible to get a refund but your post has given me hope. I too will be back to buy it in the future if the bugs and handling/controller issues are fixed.

Thanks

I had another another go at doing the "Live Chat" with someone on the PC. (The link is below). I think the global location of the person at Microsoft may have a bearing on how successful you are. But as I found out, if you don't succeed at first, try again with someone else.

When I first attempted this Saturday morning I ended up with 2 Microsoft people who were based in USA. I didn't have any joy with them. I tried a third time (initially just contacting the general "Microsoft Billing". When i got throught to a dedicated Xbox person they were based in the Asia Pacific region. I did state to this person that under EU law the sonsumer has a right to cancel a digital transacton within 14 days of purchasing. I'll leave a link down below for that as well.

The Microsoft person wanted me to try clearing the Blu-ray cache on the Xbox(I don't kniw what difference that would made but I done that anyway). Then was told to restart the game & see if the control issue went away. After 5 minutes in a race the problem I had (not registering quick changes of direction ... ie - wheels pointing in the opposite direction to what you're doing on the pad) manifested itself. At this point the Microsoft personaccepted that & issued the refund as Microsoft store credit.

The link to "Live Chat with someone is http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us#0:0:3

I was also given two telephone numbers (in case you prefer to talk to a "real" person. They are UK based. These numbers are 02073659792 and 08005871102.

Edit - one more number I have is 0844 381 518.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/policy/policy-pressitem.cfm/newsid/1535
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/shopping-abroad/returning-unwanted-goods/index_en.htm
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/can-i-get-a-refund-on-a-digital-download#link-1

When we agreed to download the game we "waive the right to refund" when we click on the Xbox agree buttom. However, I argued that as there is a bug which affects the way the game plays then the download is faulty.

I hope that helps you out.

feeling
10-05-2015, 17:07
As wrote in a different thread :

Having being involved in the PC development from nearly day one, I could see the progress being made. I bought on xbox one which was QA'd by a third party, and it is a different game. Game breaking bugs and uncontrollable. It feels unpolished and clunky. Features missing that were promised, like coop play and mp lobbies.

I have requested a refund from Microsoft as I feel it is not worth the 49.99 on the digital store. I may pick it up again when it has been patched and on sale.

I spoke to MS UK agent and they agreed to refund my to card, told them the game had game breaking bugs and didn't live up to the promises made. We had a nice chat as he was English (or Irish?) based, about Forza and that many people were looking forward to PCARS, I told him about my involvement in the PC version for the past few years and that the X1 version is a completely different game.

Bob Loblaw
13-05-2015, 00:00
You aren't alone. I too bought the prerelease of project cars and have had numerous problems with steering, sound and frame rate dropout to the point that I've just had enough. I would've been fine with waiting longer for a finished game but this is completely unacceptable. The previews were great, the track selection looked awesome and the weather effects looked unbelievable but the final delivery was an epic failure. Its too bad because I had high hopes. The only way I'll give project cars another shot is if it ends up in the $4.99 bargain bin at my local store. Which is probably where it will be in a few months time.

Dynomight Motorsports
13-05-2015, 01:31
Well, I'm kinda glad I don't have it yet. I only ordered my Xbox from Amazon Sunday night for this game, and I'm reading the reviews. I'm going to wait it out and see how quickly the patch comes out. I've been burned so many times by Epic Racing titles on the 360, I no longer Pre-Purchase games or even place deposits. I value each every one of your opinions.

thisisbleep
13-05-2015, 02:27
You should really give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for the update which is expected to fix the controller issues.

For now you should check:

- Day one patch installed (18.1 GB = You do not have it and need to hard reset the console to get it)

- Firmware updated on the controller

- Settings of the controller tweaked to make it easier to control, based on your own preferences. Check here. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions)

It is regrettable that the game has these bugs, but if you had not noticed most games seem to be just as bad if not worse on launch.

Aldo Zampatti
13-05-2015, 05:46
Bear in mind that a patch was 'cooked' already and they're putting caramel on top! Once validation is done it should enhance things :)