PDA

View Full Version : Button Mapping Issue Ps4 controller

SpreadHank
09-05-2015, 13:08
Trying to change the mapping of my gear shift buttons, making sure that I re-map everything, but I keep getting "not all required controls are assigned" message. Is their something I'm not doing right? As I'm making sure that all buttons which are assigned in the list are still assigned after I re-map. Any help/advice would be welcomed!

Scoobydude46
09-05-2015, 15:21
Take a photo of the default setting and make double sure you have assigned everything that was on the original, Kers is one that people forget, some like the lights,wipers can be changed for seat position, then adjust your seat too suit the incar view you like. Change them back then as you will need lights and wipers

SpreadHank
09-05-2015, 15:48
You Sir are a legend! Thanks for reply, a brainfart on my behalf as it was indeed kers!!

Francorchamps
09-05-2015, 16:11
So lights and wipers are not mandatory? Cool! finally I know how I will be able to map DRS in Formula A

atchoo
09-05-2015, 16:42
Look behind is mandatory for sure.

Scoobydude46
09-05-2015, 17:18
Took me a while to work this out but glad to be of help in making the game better for everyone

LtDuder
09-05-2015, 17:20
I had an issue were I would map seat back & forward to L + R on the d-pad and then when I raced I wouldn't be able to look behind or chance view!? It fixed its self now so I ain't tempting fate by messing with anything else lol

Elmo
09-05-2015, 21:03
Moved to PS4 - Technical Help & Support

JohnSchoonsBeard
10-05-2015, 06:16
Moved to PS4 - Technical Help & Support

This could be alleviated for some with the ability to allow a keyboard to be used as a control device with ds4 or wheel just like on PC. Is there a technical reason it can't be done on console?

M13KCS
10-05-2015, 06:38
Hello there. I have tried everything and for he life of me cannot change the gear up and down button assignments and leave that page with a successful setting using a pad. It just won't let me do it! I cannot believe a simple page for button mapping could prove so difficult. Why does it not highlight the buttons that need mapping so the player can see where the problem is? As it is I am unable to use manual gears at all as using the bottom buttons for accelerate and brake means I have no fingers to change gears comfortably. Emailed customer services for a reply.

Elmo
10-05-2015, 08:00
See this post for the list of buttons that you have to map: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22679-Mandatory-functions-need-a-re-think&p=892124&viewfull=1#post892124

M13KCS
10-05-2015, 08:48
Trying to change the mapping of my gear shift buttons, making sure that I re-map everything, but I keep getting "not all required controls are assigned" message. Is their something I'm not doing right? As I'm making sure that all buttons which are assigned in the list are still assigned after I re-map. Any help/advice would be welcomed!

I managed to get this done just this morning. It seems you need to assign buttons in all of the columns so it know you have looked at all the options.

It's can be done and might take a few goes and I did adjust the seat position but made sure the button I assigned was switched back to where it was from I.e. I use the cross button from gear up but then changed it back. Hope this helps