PDA

View Full Version : Crash / Freeze on PS4

Pages : [1] 2

Squisi
09-05-2015, 13:12
Hey there!

I'm loving ProjectCARS on my PS4, but it's the 2nd time that the game suddenly crash while driving.

The console has no problem at all with many different games, just when I play ProjectCARS I notice that the fan spin up way too much!

Anyone else with the same issue?

Thanks for the help!!

SL1DE
09-05-2015, 15:21
Hey there!

I'm loving ProjectCARS on my PS4, but it's the 2nd time that the game suddenly crash while driving.

The console has no problem at all with many different games, just when I play ProjectCARS I notice that the fan spin up way too much!

Thanks for the help!!

Same thing just happened to be twice during Superkarts in career. It was playing perfectly fine yesterday, and earlier today while my brother was playing.

I'm surprised that a game toned down to last-gen graphics can work the system so hard. Probably due to demanding 60 FPS always, no matter what.

Vo0N83
09-05-2015, 17:04
Yeah, my Project Cars has crashed 3-4 times now. Once when the timer hit zero just after a multiplayer qualifying run

Squisi
09-05-2015, 18:31
Hey guys!

Woah, "glad" I'm not the only one..hope there will be an optimization patch soon!

stingray21074
12-05-2015, 03:02
Hey dudes!

I have the same problem too. Its crashed during career mode 3-4 times a day. Hope they fix this issue soon!

JessicaWalter
12-05-2015, 03:16
Is there any common factor for the crashes? Digital or disc? Large number of opponents? Weather? Tracks? Vehicles?

Elmo
12-05-2015, 19:13
Some more detailed feedback would be appreciated. Can you tell me in which mode it crashed (e.g. Career, Quick Race, Online) and with which car/track combination?

Thanks for your help.

y_mid
13-05-2015, 09:42
Some more detailed feedback would be appreciated. Can you tell me in which mode it crashed (e.g. Career, Quick Race, Online) and with which car/track combination?

Thanks for your help.

My game seems to freeze for a second in an on line race roughly every couple of minutes. I have a reliable internet speed so that's not the issue. Also I've just read that someone is having problems with the ps4 fan coming on too much. I have this problem too. I think a patch is required ASAP.

MrStef85
13-05-2015, 09:49
I have the digital version, and i have no performance issues.

Liquid7394
13-05-2015, 11:52
My game tends to crash when I multitask during loading screens.

Dasidnii
13-05-2015, 12:03
My game crashed once yesterday when I was playing multiplayer on Sakito. I did notice that my fan likes to kick on an awful lot.

Vo0N83
13-05-2015, 13:36
I've noticed with my Project Cars, the crashes always seem to happen after I finish qualifying in multiplayer

Archiekins
13-05-2015, 16:15
Crashed.

Falconeye
13-05-2015, 16:29
I have the digital edition and often having crashes!!

y_mid
13-05-2015, 16:30
Multiple crashes and more importantly Fans coming on far too often. Slightly mad need to act fast on this, otherwise that game will be responsible for ps4's worldwide blowing up. Not a good start.

mct
13-05-2015, 16:58

Thanks for your help.

Mine just crashed aswell. Digital version, Career. The first "24h"le mans event that lasts for 2hrs. Been driving for 44min and suddenly the game crashes. PS4 stands on top of a TV table with plenty of open air around it so shouldn't be a heating issue. Not coused by me at least... Pretty upset now and not gonna give this event another go today lol

4L0M
13-05-2015, 20:48
Digital version. 2 crashes of PS4 whilst playing multiplayer. 1 during race at Brands Hatch in ginetta -g40, once during qualifying formula c at Silverstone.

No crashes during single player.

madmax2069
13-05-2015, 22:24
Make sure when the game crashes to wait for the report screen (and make sure the send video clip checkbox is marked) and report the error/crash.

The report gets sent to sony and sony sends the report to the developer of the game. If you dont send the report then they wont know what to fix.

It might take a few minutes for the crash report to come on screen (its gathering all the log files needed to make the report).

Gejabo
14-05-2015, 09:26
I had an minor freeze running a Clio cup race in career, don't really remember wich one I think the first round, second race.
Just restarting the game solved it.

And yesterday a big one running the Ceterham LMP2 on LeMans 24h in free practice.
Screen went black, PS4 wouldn't restart had to unplug it.

I have the disk version.

andre77
14-05-2015, 09:42
1 game crash until now.
On carrer mode, entering in a event (when loading). Game crashed and exit automatic to PS4 menu with error page to report to sony.

hope these crashes do not get regular

Ironfistedmonk
14-05-2015, 11:56
1 game crash until now.
On carrer mode, entering in a event (when loading). Game crashed and exit automatic to PS4 menu with error page to report to sony.

hope these crashes do not get regular

I had this last night, running the Brands Hatch TD Showdown event in career, I was qualifying and there was a bit of a graphical glitch where in the background the scenery seemed to have a grid pattern over the landscape for a few laps, then all of a sudden I was dashboarded and an error code popped up and asked me to report it to Sony. I didn't note down the error code unfortunately.

dutchfly
14-05-2015, 12:51
had a couple of freezes last days, 2 days ago a really hard one, console was totally bricked, after several tries i've managed to start up in safe mode, complete system update needed.
Ps4 is totally acting crazy last days after that hard freeze, way 2 go......

McKiernan
14-05-2015, 12:51
So far I've just had one game crash.
I have the digital version on PS4
I was playing in Solo Race mode for about an hour on the Silverstone GP circuit
The crash happened towards the end of a 10 min qualifying session the the RUF GT3 (each previous race was in other GT3 cars with 10 mins quali & 5 lap races with a full grid of cars).
Hope this info helps determine the cause of the crashes.

GenBrien
14-05-2015, 13:22
career superkarts 1st race (outlon park I think)

there was an AI's bumper on the road, I hit it, then the game froze and crashed

seamastergmt
14-05-2015, 19:04
I had a crash during practice today. Had to reset game...

0XY
14-05-2015, 19:26
Same for me in PC (steam),
random whenever... GUI or on track. CRASH
when qualify timer ends before race. CRASH ...really fun when u had pole ;-)
when multitasking sometimes.

I've decided to put this game on the shelf for a while until they release the magic patch... so many bugs and missing pieces right now... =(

Lefty318
15-05-2015, 15:35

I don't think it is the fan you are hearing! What I hear sounds like the Blu Ray drive is In a non stop spooling mode. Like it can't find the track on the disk.

I am even having trouble with my PS4 not starting up with the PC disk in my drive! I hope I am the only one with this particular issue, but I really don't think so.

xLeper_Messiah
15-05-2015, 20:40
Well I need to vent a bit...just had my game crash for the second time, but this one really hurt!

I had just set a 2:33.8 on California Highway Stage 2 in Road class with the Zonda Roadster (which would have been good enough for a top 5 time) after a looot of attempts, chose continue after the stage (because you can't just exit from that screen) and then when I exited BAM it crashed. I actually don't know if I lost the time (but I'm pretty sure it did) because I just shut the ps4 down after that in disgust.

Man I hope we can get a patch that fixes these random crashes...

Blazergamer007
16-05-2015, 15:24
Just experienced a hard crash on my PS4...Was in a multiplayer qualifying session awaiting for it to finish when all of a sudden my screen went black !

Tried to press the PS button but only got a blue screen and I actually had to unplug my PS4 to restart it :mad:

These crashes need to be patched ASAP !

Equation
16-05-2015, 15:34
Here is my situations:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ror-CE-34878-0
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ror-CE-36329-3

dvc
16-05-2015, 16:42
Crash or two a day, depends how many hours i play (digital download)

GTOdaddy73
16-05-2015, 17:25
I've had the game crash twice. Once while playing California Coast full online with a friend and once while in career mode while doing the Ford Focus invitational race at Sonoma with heavy fog and rain. Both times the screen went black and my 0S4 rest. Hope this helps.

twistedvaccine
16-05-2015, 18:30
2nd time on two days game has had a fatal crash

Formula A
31 cars on track
nurburgring nordschleife
First lap
quarter of the way through
P11

Equation
16-05-2015, 19:00
If possible write up error code that you get. I don't for sure but I think that I help developper to locate error.

Lurkur
16-05-2015, 19:52
I have the Digital version and the game crashes every time I play.
I get this error : ca-34878-0
I have tried re installing and re initializing the PS4 but the crashing continues.
This is my only game that gets this error all the time.
This occurs in career mode.
I have not tried online mode
Any ideas what the problem could be ?

SIlMPLIClITY
16-05-2015, 21:05
I have the digital edition and it crashes online during races (I have not done much of the career). Don't remember the tracks

fendtvario
16-05-2015, 21:14
Today I experienced a crashed Project Cars on PS4. After playing two days very intensively without any issues today it failed on me just after 30 minutes of playing. I was doing an online time trial using the Mercedes DTM on Brno using a ghost car from the leader board. I ended the driving session several times to modify the car setup the game suddenly crashed while I was driving around the track. I use a Thrustmaster T300RS wheel, which kept bouncing to the steering lock and back again after/during the crash. A crash report to Sony was recorded but I don't have any details on specifics.

K_Soze
17-05-2015, 01:20
I crashed with North America retail version (no digital) in career mode while racing (kart, tenth lap of a fifteen laps race). Wheel violently turns on the left.

HyperSportsGear
17-05-2015, 08:08
I had my first crash on PS4 today. Racing first Le Mans car during the career mode. Driving along. Came to a corner. Screen froze but the dual shock was still rumbling. The sound went low and then black screen for 4-5 seconds. Error reporting screen appeared asking what I did. Sent the report through. It was during a practice session, and when I reloaded and went to the calender, the qualifying round was the next race to be done.

Retail disc version of the game. White PS4 console.

madmax2069
17-05-2015, 08:12
Had my first game crash today (disk based version), was at watkins glen was done qualifying online waiting for the countdown on the results screen. When it reached 5 seconds the game crashed.

Explained, and made sure the video clip was checkmarked and submitted the crash report.

FoxMulder
17-05-2015, 08:58
Played almost every day couple of hours mostly online and it has only crashed once.

hacker9001
18-05-2015, 13:09
my ps4 has crashed several times , only in time trial (bugatti circuit, nordschleife ) .

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 13:13
Crashed just one time for me.

beat-sampras
18-05-2015, 13:29
crashed about 8 times now (at least). about 4 crashes only yesterday :culpability:. happens most of the time during the end of qualifying (right before the actual race starts), and sometimes during the race, as well. I think it will probably run a bit more stable when the next patch is available (hopefully):D.

mwilson85
18-05-2015, 19:21
I am glad to read I am not the only one experiencing this freeze/crash/error while racing! At first i was scared it was a PS4 hardware issue (ie: overheating, bad hd, etc.). But it looks like it's the game itself that is causing this.

As for my experiences, it has crashed about 5-6 times already while racing/qualifying/auto-saving in career mode. I usually get about 20-40 minutes of game play before it crashes. Amazing game, but it's ruined by this glitch. Hopefully Sony or the devs will have a solution or patch!

GUN_RC
18-05-2015, 20:06
Same problems here.. After 1h 54 minutes of a 2 hour race in LeMans my PS4 crashed :(

mwilson85
18-05-2015, 20:26
Same problems here.. After 1h 54 minutes of a 2 hour race in LeMans my PS4 crashed :(

Haha probably while you were in 1st place huh ;)

GUN_RC
18-05-2015, 20:30
Exactly.. Leading with LMP2 in front of all Audi and LMP1 :mad:

beat-sampras
18-05-2015, 21:15
ok, it's getting a bit frustrating now. in the last 2 hours I played there were 4 crashes. This is ridiculous. I actually can't play games now, when there is a qualifying, since about 70 % of the time the game crashes right before the race. Please do something about that, because the game itself is really absolutely great, but that stuff is starting to ruin the fun quite a bit.

TomekCB
19-05-2015, 04:11
3 crashes since release. Always on time trail with various cars. 1 crash killed the whole system. Had to restart ps4. Never before seen this on my console.
We need an update as asap.

biomarvel
19-05-2015, 14:36
hopefully in teh patch there will be stability issues, i just had a crash, was on zolder racing GT class cars, finished quali and then boom....crashed me back to dashboard.

its not happened that much, but it shouldnt be happening at all really.

Just about to start a new quali on Zhuhai circuit, same car class so will see what happens.

Asmomeloth
19-05-2015, 21:33
Had three crash so far
2 during career mode (cant tell you the car and track)
and one today on free practice with the marek lmp1 on cadwell park

Send the error to sony each time

!!! The fan wasn't blowing hard !!!

I dont know if it's related but during the game the sound shutdwon and not only on this game, same on youtube and psn had to restart the play to get it back

mwilson85
19-05-2015, 21:36
Also, I noticed it has screwed up a few other areas of the PS4 now. Sometimes when I am downloading an Update or a game, it will crash the system with the same memory error (it seems to to do it after about 3-4 minutes of downloading, then when you restart your system it finishes the download). This never happened before I installed Project Cars.

ukfan758
20-05-2015, 01:59
I have had two crashes that I can recall of, both were in the super karts category in career mode. I bought a 2 TB hdd for my PS4 and am wondering if that may be the cause, has anyone else gotten a HDD upgrade and had crashes?

hacker9001
20-05-2015, 06:31
Also, I noticed it has screwed up a few other areas of the PS4 now. Sometimes when I am downloading an Update or a game, it will crash the system with the same memory error (it seems to to do it after about 3-4 minutes of downloading, then when you restart your system it finishes the download). This never happened before I installed Project Cars.

try safe mode - rebuild database to fix the crash

mwilson85
20-05-2015, 16:32
try safe mode - rebuild database to fix the crash

You think I didn't try that? :) ... I've reinitialized the PS4, and then also rebuilt the database (twice). Yet it still crashed while re-downloading Last of Us.

lordymatsuo
20-05-2015, 19:45
3 crashes for me so far, all 3 were mid race online. I have the disc version of the game and the screen freezes then shuts down to playstation report error screen. Not sure if it's coincidence but all 3 times have been going through high speed bends.

WingedBeast1968
20-05-2015, 22:56
Crashed here too. And I can't use my seat and wheel.

I have to go, this is pi$$ing me off now. 40 for unfinished, untested, and unstable software.
Damage done.

lordymatsuo
21-05-2015, 08:56
bump this needs a sticky so the devs can track the reports, it keeps getting dropped down the pages.

Falconeye
21-05-2015, 09:07
I am stopping playing this game since I have each time I play a lot of crashes ! Sony must be flooded with our crash reporting.

Bruno Alexandre
21-05-2015, 09:26
We have been around checking the information you guys been reporting just so you're aware.

To those who refer that their console fans trigger often when it happens, could you guys post a picture of where your PS4 is located?

JessicaWalter
21-05-2015, 11:18
my ps4 just restarted itself. i was doing a time trial at azure circuit in the bmw 320 turbo.

Equation
21-05-2015, 13:41

Thanks for your help.

Today I played Free Practice -mode. My car was Prototype car and track was Le Mans 24 h. I drive couple laps and I started new lap. When I come from corner 3, my screen freezed, then it go black. Then I hear PS4 relay nacking and after that there is come error message that tell me "Error happened in system..." I send that error message to Sony. I check error log but there is not that error so I can't help more than this. I am sorry that I can't tell more about error message because my system language is different than English.

mwilson85
21-05-2015, 20:54
Bruno, since you seem to be the Q&A guy, here is the experience I have been having. It has nothing to do with the fans running hard.

Basically since I got the game I have only been able to play at most 40 minutes before the game crashing. This happens both online and during single player career. I was able to complete one race online yesterday before the game crashed during the loading screen. I restarted then tried another race, and it crashed half way through the first lap.

Also, this glitch appears to be affecting other areas of my PS4 such as the whole system crashing when trying to download updates or games. It only started doing this after installing Project Cars.

This sucks, because the game is awesome, but clearly not enough testing went into it to catch all of the bugs (which seem to be pretty obvious). Hopefully the game developer can patch this!

Bruno Alexandre
22-05-2015, 09:53
I asked about the fans and the location of the PS4 because it could be a overheating issue, the heat from the higher temperatures and from the other equipments around the console could be triggering it.
It's just a suspicion, doesn't mean it will be the same for all cases.

Jaysus1980
22-05-2015, 11:36

Thanks for your help.

I've had the game crash to a white screen four times now. Once, it was after a Free Practice with a Lancer EVO X on the Cali Highway. After exiting the practice, but before I got back to the main menu, the game white screened and froze. I waited about 5 minutes and it didn't correct itself, so I closed the app from the PS4 dashboard. The other times were during navigation of the career dashboard. Selecting "Watch Motorsport Video" from the Overview tab caused a white screen, and it's done that three straight times. I'm not sure what that option is supposed to do, exactly, but I won't be selecting it again lol

madmax2069
23-05-2015, 09:09
Here lately the game has been crashing a lot. Mainly in onlime races.

Getting most of my crashes at the result screen after practice/qualifying (crashes right when it goes into the next mode)

Been running into the locked drive selection in the pitswhen I join a online race thats in session, I leave and rejoin so that the drive selection unlocks but the game crashes during the loading screen after I join and enter.

Ive been sending the crash reports after each crash, with a brief explanation of what I was doing in game at the time. And included the video clip.

JC11186
23-05-2015, 09:33
I've only put about 5 hours or so in Project Cars and the game has completely crashed 4 times. I then send an error message to Playstation.

Also the game freezes for a split second regularly. Multiple times every time I play. If I'm not going in a straight line then it's really distracting and you mess up corners/miss apexes, etc. because of the freeze.

Jitex
23-05-2015, 10:25
Hey there!

Thanks for the help!!

This is the 2nd time my game freezes in the middle of playing, the first time was after 10h straight le man24h. So i tried it one more time but with only a 2h race, and when it was around 30min left on like the 20th lap the game fubars me again...
There isnt any way even for me to skip this invitational event so im gonna put this game on the shelf and go back to forza on xbox.

Neilfarmac
24-05-2015, 08:36
I have the disc version and the game crashes every time I play it. Screen just freezes and then game quits. I have pretty much had enough of it now:mad: . Going back to Forza on Xbox, looking forward to Forza 6:)

mr3uz
24-05-2015, 11:55
Ive had multiple crashes all in free practice. Nurburgring with lotus f1. Bathurst with mclaren p1. Nurburgring with superkart. Dubai with escort mk1. Once was with fanatec gt2 all other times was with dual shock controller.

mwilson85
24-05-2015, 16:37
Just to add to my previous posts. Since I installed Project Cars, my other games are experiencing this crashing issue. Me thinks the game may have a major memory glitch, and created a major memory error on the HD affecting critical functions on the PS4. Just a thought!

LM24z
24-05-2015, 23:46
I've had my PS4 crash 4 times now. Twice at the Le Mans 24 hours about two hours in to a three hour race. Another time at Monza about halfway through an hour and a half race. The last time was at Road America about 20 minutes into the race. They all seem kind of random so I am not sure what is causing it. My PS4 sits on top of my TV stand with nothing around it so I don't think it's a cooling issue. All of my crashes happened in multi class endurance races in career driving an Audi R18.

flatspunout
25-05-2015, 02:12
Had multiple crashes tonight, CE-XXX error code, all trying to join an online session in progress. Digital version. Usually preceded by the camera view getting locked to a random view, unable to cycle through with the assigned button. CSR wheel.

nhraracer
25-05-2015, 05:44
Just had a game crash on ps4 hard disc. It was quick race weekend, Watkins Short, gt3 cars, last lap of the race it just crashed. It gave me an error code which pretty much tells me the software crashed. I can get the error code if needed.

Charlie2k
25-05-2015, 07:59
I have the same problem too. The game crashes a lot when you start the race. I'm using T300Rs.

lordymatsuo
25-05-2015, 08:17
Guys i think this might be an overheating issue, heres a temp solution.

My Ps4 is on a desk with nothing around it but the air flows through the sides and out the back, well my ps4 is up against a wall with about 2-3 inch space for cables. I pulled it away from the wall about 6 inches to allow better air flow and not crashed since.

This might be a temporary solution for some, lay it flat and give it plenty of air flow space. The devs on the other hand need to optimize the game further so it doesnt tank the ps4 so hard.

Falconeye
25-05-2015, 09:15
No answer for this critical issue from SMS... Bad communication. Next time I will purchase a game from big game company and not from a crowfunding company. Quality is not here and I don't think they can do game at the standard of big industry. If the game was 10 euros, I would understand but I paid 69.99 euros for a non finished and crashing game. I think a petition will occur soon to ask for refund at this rythm.

ChrisCSW20
25-05-2015, 13:45
Just had this happen on Monza using the Audi R18 tdi in European Endurance Championship,10 mins from the end game just crashed and went to a black screen,then came up with a Sony hardware fault.
Just to add it was a hard disc version and PlayStation was cool as a cucumber and Fan was quiet when it happened.
Pic of my setup.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/rsturbostar/DSC_0067.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rsturbostar/media/DSC_0067.jpg.html)

geb69
26-05-2015, 06:04
Because I got three of them yesterday:

PS4, GT3 RS V2, Career from top left, 2nd Season - the first Supercarts sprint race
sent all three reports to sony :-)

LesOldham
26-05-2015, 13:13
I've had only one crash, three hour Mclaren F1 race, report error sent to Sony. But there are plenty of memory problems, ie not saving car setups, And, my wheel problems (T500) can be temporarily solved by deleting the game data file which indicates a corrupt save. I have the disk version and the game works fine and wheel works good too after I have deleted the game data file, but when I turn the game off and return the next day the problems begin to crop up again.

FLX81
26-05-2015, 13:18
Detailed report:

Quick Race weekend
Monza short
BMW Z4 GT3 + 5 AI

Track loaded, then suddenly the screen froze and the PS4 didnt react to any input except the triple beep when clicking on the disc slot button. Needed to hard reset the PS4 by unplugging it.

Dirtymoose
26-05-2015, 17:10
I've had four or five crashes in two days while qualifying for superkart race on PS4, digital copy. Each crash has happend mid race. Everything freezes momentarily, the controller vibrates like mad, then a black screen appears shortly followed by blue ps4 error screen. The ps4 never powers down or resets as evidenced by Spotify continually playing in the background. There was no error code or option to send a video either time. I've seen this option with other game crashes. I did give a brief description.

GUN_RC
26-05-2015, 18:03
todays crash after about 5-10mins of racing... Race in Imola - Caterham SP/300R

mwilson85
27-05-2015, 15:38
I wonder if they will ever give us an update on a patch release or anything...

Equation
28-05-2015, 19:37
Dammit. I played multiplayer. Track was Imola and car was Formula A. I drive qualification normally. There was little lag and it disturb my lap but still I drive. I got 2nd grid position to race. Warm up start, little raining so I need back to pit. When I push X-button to go tuning setups game crashed.

Error code CE-34878-0.

targetpoint
28-05-2015, 21:42
Hello, in the career-mode my game always freezes in the qualifying. The first season was without any problems, but now at Superkarts (2nd season) and Formula Rookie (3rd Season) the game freezes after a qualifying-lap and watching the end in the box. I can't finish any qualifying because the time and screen is freeze - this is very frustrating! Can you help me or do any other here have the same issue?

mwilson85
29-05-2015, 15:18
Dammit. I played multiplayer. Track was Imola and car was Formula A. I drive qualification normally. There was little lag and it disturb my lap but still I drive. I got 2nd grid position to race. Warm up start, little raining so I need back to pit. When I push X-button to go tuning setups game crashed.

Error code CE-34878-0.

Yup thats the error i keep getting... Error code CE-34878-0

Equation
29-05-2015, 15:38
Yup thats the error i keep getting... Error code CE-34878-0

One thing what repeats is lagging before error.

RedDave84
29-05-2015, 15:40
I highly suspect this is an overheating problem.

I play about 6 hours a day, some days I've done 10+ hours without stopping and not had a problem. I experienced a bit of lag in Le Mans and checked out the PS4 as the fans were whizzing. I unclogged the vents and the fans slowly slowed down. I've been making sure the PS4 is flat so as to keep the vents exposed and they are also free of dust and there is plenty of airflow at the back. I would suggest that everyone in this thread first makes absolutley sure there is good airflow and see what happens.

GregT_1903
29-05-2015, 16:58
I have the digital version, and i have no performance issues.

You will get them when time passes. I have the digital download as well and have had this issue twice.

ImStylinOnYaBro
29-05-2015, 19:19
seems like hte first week and a half it was fine, now the last week its crashed almost 1 time per day. i noticed the fans right away kinda kick on and rev up a bit, ut then back off..its not a constant high rpm on the fans. however, ether one also does this where the fans kick on every so often.

RedDave84
30-05-2015, 07:33
seems like hte first week and a half it was fine, now the last week its crashed almost 1 time per day. i noticed the fans right away kinda kick on and rev up a bit, ut then back off..its not a constant high rpm on the fans. however, ether one also does this where the fans kick on every so often.

Have you cleaned the dust out of your vents and given it good air flow?

There haven't been any updates in that time so it can't be the game.

Equation
30-05-2015, 08:17

I opened my PS4 after 1,5 years and changed thermal compund and thermal pads. I didn't usually clean dust from my consoles with vacuum cleaner and my PlayStation 4 was clean from dust. I don't know how Sony do that.

Okey, so I have better thermal paste, better thermal pad, my console is clean and console intake sides are free.

I think that error is at game's source code. I got this error maybe 10 times.

_MB_
30-05-2015, 11:22
Been playing Pcars since release and over the last couple of days seeing more and more crashes.Mostly in multiplayer after quali on the loading screen before race.

Clipped
30-05-2015, 15:14
PS4. Disc version. 2 or 3 crashes. Last one last night was during online session, Monza GP, lotus 72.
PS4 Party stayed up, just game crashed to black.

mwilson85
30-05-2015, 15:32
One thing what repeats is lagging before error.

Sometimes it starts lagging or skipping, but most of the time it just abruptly crashes. As someone in the thread pointed out, it must be a programming bug/error. Mainly a memory error, especially since it has affected the whole system and other games I play (since after I installed PCs and saved my first save, i get the same crashing error code in other games).

kyhilbly
31-05-2015, 02:05
Installed US retail disc version on May 12. Since May 19th, my error log is up to 21 crashes now. PS4 is well-ventilated & I never hear the 'fan' kick in. It always CTD with Sony error report when I am loading a 'new' event in career mode. It's never crashed when racing but has several times when watching & rewinding/pausing replays (which I've stopped saving/viewing, but that didn't help). Oddly, it ran all the way through 24 hours of le mans in real-time without a problem..that is until I had the AI pit before the timer ran out so I could cross the finish myself. BIG mistake. A BIG 23 hour and 55 minute mistake as I found later researching the pitstop bug. When you gain manual control as you pass the control line you hit an invisble wall that throws your car up & you're greeted with the YOU'VE BEEN DQ'd! prompt for "driving the wrong direction". This game is just flat out broken. Totally. Unplayable. BTW I need to mention it also crashes to desktop multiple times without ANY error reporting or prompts, just like I had chosen CLOSE APPLICATION from the ps4 menu. So when it does that and I look in error history, it's listed as the CE-36329-3 error code. It's not our PS4's overheating, it's the game itself.

seamastergmt
31-05-2015, 03:46
Mine crashed twice today. It has been working fine till today...

djhonda
31-05-2015, 04:01
I also jad a few crashes. All happens in multiplayer, during or just after quali. First 2 weeks were fine, last couple of days I average 1 crash per 2hrs of gameplay.

ImStylinOnYaBro
31-05-2015, 06:22

i phrsed that bad, the random crashes started after a week and a half. from day 1 the fans were kicking on periodically. the air flow is good, it is on a open 3 tier tv stand , all sides open. also, i know for a fact it has nothing to do w/ the fans being covered in dust because the ps4 is brand new as i got it day of pc release xD

Shogun613
31-05-2015, 10:14
I've had multiple crashes over the past few days, Evey one happening right after qualifying in multiplayer.

Equation
31-05-2015, 10:55
I think that it doesn't matter is that digital-version or disc-version. Both works same way. Nowdays PS4 gamedisc is just transfer media and "key" that you use that you can play. At both version console read data from hard drive.

ChrisK
31-05-2015, 13:35
I've had it crash at least a dozen times to blue screen in the last few days. No pattern, sometimes after extended gameplay, sometimes in the first race. I only play online so it's happening in multiplier for me and most often crashing immediately after qualifying just before race start. Once or twice in the race. My ps4 is in open air space. No overheating issue at all. I have a digital version and it's the only game on my ps4. Numerous others Im online with having the same issues.

Between this and the constant t300 crazy wheel issue which yesterday happened before the start of EVERY session, today not once. The bugs in this game are turning a once huge fan into a serious critic of this product.

Not good enough. And particularly frustrating that there are not regular small patches to make small improvements rather than having to wait for some big patch for lots of stuff that's just taking too long. It's just not good enough to be honest.

ImStylinOnYaBro
31-05-2015, 19:27
1 time it crashed loading a race in career. the rest of hte times it crashed are when navigating menus. specifically after a season ends and going over to view accolades and career goals BEFORE imediately going over to sign a contract. the other time is when i exit career mode to the main home screen or go back into career mode it crashes randomly.

ChrisCSW20
01-06-2015, 12:13
I now cannot progress with career mode with this game every time I try to do the le mans race in WEC championship using the Audi R18 tdi get's to about 40 or 50 mins in and it just keeps crashing now,6 times I've tried and 6 times it's crashed. loving the game but i'm not going to risk the PS4 with this game anymore until there is a fix.

MiDe Hammer
01-06-2015, 18:53

Thanks for your help.

My PS4 version has worked fine until today when i entered into the Formula A in career mode. First race (Kuwait) and game started to freeze during practices, quali and once in a race too. After that there were a few similar freezes in following tracks. Then i decided to try another career in touring cars (Renault Clios) and in first practice in Oulton Park (4th or 5th race weekend) i tried to jump back into the pit box and game froze and then it told me that i have lost my career data! And not just the Clio career but also the Formula career where i was in my seventh season! Then the game started from begining like the first time i opened it. :( - I really love the game... (although you should really implement a possibility to create not just one race but a racing season also)... but this is what i have experienced with PC games not console games. Please try to fix the game asap, now there is no sense for me to play career mode until it is fixed (60 hours hard racing gone just like that).

Anyway if you just get these freeze issues fixed Project Cars is magnificent product before that i need to take break from the game because i almost smashed my ps4 after the fatal crash.

ArronTucker1988
02-06-2015, 10:44
Firstly loving the game despite some of the major / minor issues...
Experienced my first software crash today, it was in career mode in the Junior Ginetta at Brands Hatch Lap 4/6 on first corner. PS4 system restarted with the 'Report Problem' screen.

hitmanvega
03-06-2015, 16:14
Oops..! First game crash today! Free practise on Road America driving Audi R8 LMS. Ps4 was running cool, no problem with heat. Ps4 rebooted and "Report problem" screen appeared.

LesOldham
03-06-2015, 20:15
I've had only one crash, three hour Mclaren F1 race, report error sent to Sony. But there are plenty of memory problems, ie not saving car setups, And, my wheel problems (T500) can be temporarily solved by deleting the game data file which indicates a corrupt save. I have the disk version and the game works fine and wheel works good too after I have deleted the game data file, but when I turn the game off and return the next day the problems begin to crop up again.

I had another crash today while working on Global FFB settings. T500 wheel. Lots of memory access going in and out of free practice and wheel calibration screens. After crash at Nordschliefe with Gennetta G 40 I reported error to Sony. Then restarted the game and made a few wheel calibration changes but, after one change seemed to cause wheel oscillation, returning to the original "good" settings did not clear the problem. And after that no calibration changes were saved. I dropped out of the game and deleted my game data file which fixed the problem. It still indicates a corrupt save.

2stains
03-06-2015, 22:58
I'm 70+ hours into game and it crashed and lost all my data now have to start whole game again . Including controller settings. This really sucks .

Stevanoth
06-06-2015, 13:31
I'm on my second Career Event, which is Sonoma Valley - Endurance, and it's crashed a second time, both times while the pit coach was talking through the controller.

gttomo
07-06-2015, 10:56
Finished with this game for now due to crashes on the PS4.
Twice now, round 1.5 hours into the LeMans 2 hour race, the screen has froze, gone black and thrown me to the Error Reporting Screen.
Life's not long enough for this. Needs sorting a.s.a.p. Or it's on eBay soon.

SilkiestOcean7
07-06-2015, 16:30
I have Project Cars on PS4 and Xbox One...

Played ok on Xbox One - did all the endurance races - no issues.

on PS4 the system freezes occasionally... very frustrating. It froze twice (after 1 hour) while attempting endurance races... bummr... x 2

I thought the issue might be the console getting too hot... so I blew out dust from console ... game still freezes occasionally on PS4.

placed3 fans around console to see if it would make a difference... not the solution... game still freezes occasionally. I have given up

on playing endurance races until there is a fix...

console only freezes playing Project Cars... all other games work fine on PS4 console...

fyi

game operating from disk

svenvangent
07-06-2015, 22:10
PS4 .
Quick race .
Car: GT3/Ruf.
Track: Sakitto.
Weather: clear.
Time : 15:00
Qualify 10min.
Second turn went in to the grass/sand and had a crash.

Greets

GenBrien
08-06-2015, 02:48
Had 2 crashes on the PS4, in career, with the 1989 Sauber C9 @ Monza during qualification. Both time driving on track normaly

KK78
08-06-2015, 14:08
I've now had 4 crashes in total, all in the LMP1 endurance series in career mode. In all qualifying was fine but each crash came between 50 minutes and 2.5 hours in- circuits were Road America, Le Mans/De Sarthe (x2) and Watkins Glen (could of been Sonomo I forget.

Have since abandoned that season until a fix comes out, each time the screen freezes for a few seconds before going black and then kicking back to the PS4 dashboard to log an error report.

Equation
08-06-2015, 16:07
Gamemode: Online multiplayer
Player count: 16
Car: McLaren P1
Track: Hockenheim GP
Weather: Clear, Dry
Error code: CE-34878-0
More information: I play qualification. After results, game is going to race, but before starting animation game crashed.

I think maybe player count is one thing what effect to crashing.

Asmomeloth
08-06-2015, 16:20
I have already posted here for several crashes but today i just had two crash under 1mn !!!!!

Did some laps of zolder on free practice with the alpine lmp2 (no problem)
Try same track but with the marek lmp2 and the game crash on the first chicane
i send the report to sony restart the game and do the same....the game crash on the same chicane ! so maybe it's a way for you to reproduce the crash.

It's not a overheating problem !!! I spent 2-3 hours playing with no problem and this time my ps4 was on for only 15mn and no device was powered near it.

Track : Zolder
weather : light (?) cloud
car : Marek lmp2
Free practice

I think it's time to have a answer from the dev, this "issue" should be one of their priority. Not only it's messing up races but we doesn't know what it does to our console.

LM24z
08-06-2015, 21:23
I hope this crashing issue is fixed with some of the updates coming in the 1.4 patch. Can anyone confirm? I hope the rebuilt shaders and AA fix cures the crashing.

Umer Ahmad
08-06-2015, 21:43
Ian mentioned the crashes and other stability problems are "top priority"

svenvangent
08-06-2015, 22:55
PS4
Quick Race Weekend
Track:Sakitto
Weather:clear
24 AI drivers
100% dif
In race at place 15 last turn i had a Freeze .

PS4
Practice
Track:Zhuhai
Weather:clear
Car:Formule C
Crash

LM24z
08-06-2015, 23:51
Ian mentioned the crashes and other stability problems are "top priority"
Awesome!

Panopticism
09-06-2015, 02:13
That's great news. I have it on PS4 and on PC, and I'm getting crashes on PS4 with the standard Sony error code for games that aren't quite optimized yet. Quite a few crashes after one online session is finished, the results are on the screen, and the timer is counting down for the next round. Also, I've had crashes when joining a game in progress where there is no "drive" option. When I wait for the session on track to finish and the next one to start hoping that I'll have a "drive" option in the next round (say, for instance, free practice to end and qualifying to start), the game crashes instead of letting me participate in the next round.

svenvangent
09-06-2015, 08:01
PS4
It makes me worried !
The last two day's i had two crashes and one freeze :confused:
Could it be that the PS4 is not capable to run this game because the game ask to much power of it ?
Hope they can fix this .
Greets .

svenvangent
09-06-2015, 09:39
My ps4 is brand new (2 months new) and stands in a way so the air can do a triple salto around my ps4 .come on man are you sure ...

Edit:Where is the man I wanted to replay to ?

Garymaz
09-06-2015, 18:30
I have had about 5 crashes in the last week, none before that. I had my 1st one in career mode last night on the Le Mans circuit during the 2nd race in LMP1. I'm surprised that when I restarted the game I got back to race 2 and not marked down as a last place finish but had lost time. I played for another 1 and a half hours after this with no more crashes so I never thought that the PS4 could be over heating. The other crashes have occurred on free practice with only my car on the track.
I use the gamepad not a wheel.

Andy Mitchell
09-06-2015, 20:18
This happened to me twice today also.

I was in a multi-player race with just me and one other person. We were in the Lotus 98t and were racing at spa. Although the first time it happened to me was just in a solo practice session but I was still in the lotus and i was still racing on spa.

Hope you can fix this soon.

CHEN255
11-06-2015, 10:07
I have had the game since day one and no crashes until the last couple of days, both times in single player and reported the issue as "game crash" at the reporting screen.
The most bothersome thing is that after the crashes I kept playing, but when I had finished for the night I put the PS4 into rest mode and the next day when I went to start the PS4 it wouldn't start, the blue light was blinking. So I had to unplug the PS4 and restart it. Surely this cannot just be a coincidence, my PS4 has never had this problem since I bought it in Oct 14.
I don't think SONY are going to be very happy about this at all.

frivoloushobby
11-06-2015, 21:43
Over the past few days I've had trouble with my PS4 continually being kicked into rest mode while racing. I logged 30 hours without trouble but it's happening [I]every[I] time I play now. I only play with the T300, first occurrence was in career mode. Audi R8 LMS on Laguna. In practices 1&2 (haven't played any further.) Also happened in a solo race in the group A E30 on Laguna. I haven't tried any other tracks or cars. The longest I've been able to play is 20 minutes before the PS4 is sent into rest mode. Every time, the ps4 beeps and enters rest mode. I went as far as to disable rest mode in PS4 setting and it made no difference.

mcbrew
11-06-2015, 22:19
I`ve just had a crash. I was driving on Brands Hatch in a BAC Mono, I was on a practice session and went back to the pits. As soon as i went to "change tuning set up" the game crashed.
The playstation generated the following error code: CE-34878-0.

I hope this is usefull for bugfixing :)

Bubbs
12-06-2015, 00:04
I've had the Qualy-into-Race Multiplayer crash several times on various different tracks.

The only thing I've noticed with regards what seems to make this more likely to happen is this:

When the session finishes, you're presented with a screen which has the times on it, and the option to exit. You can press triangle to scroll up and down the times listing.

If I press triangle, and have the time listing part of the screen active at the point where the session countdown (top right of the page) reaches zero, then sometimes the game will crash.

If I press triangle, view the results, and then hit triangle again to drop back to the 'exit' option, then when the counter reaches zero, more often than not, the game will continue as normal. I've uploaded clips via PSN every time the game has crashed in this way, although I'm not sure if they literally just show the screen in the same way that the share button does.

By the way, if I do NOTHING on the results screen (so I don't press triangle or any other buttons), then the game carries on as normal.

I've had one or two crashes whilst on track at the end of qualy as well. These result in a black screen, a few beeps from the console, and then I get bumped back to the PS4 menus with a notification stating that the PS4 was not shut down properly. The console doesn't restart itself - it just looks like something has made the console think that it's been turned off and on again. :confused:

Side note, and highly, highly unlikely I know - but - I've had two soundbars fail (attached to my TV) playing this game. I'm on #3 now, if this one fails too then there's something sinister going on. :rolleyes:

wicken
13-06-2015, 15:58
Every since I updated to 1.04, my game started to crash a lot more frequently when the game is loading my next event/track. Pre-patch it would never freeze, at least on my PS4.

Pirategenius
13-06-2015, 16:11
Getting it CTD every online race I have with the same CE error code. Didn't have this problem before the update. Now I'm getting fed up with it.

Career mode is fine.

bingoo_1
14-06-2015, 07:48
Hello .
Project Cars is really great , but ...
When I go from "Training" to "Simulate the End" , freezes the game and I have to finish it completely .

Forbiddenracer
14-06-2015, 08:52
Over the past few days I've had trouble with my PS4 continually being kicked into rest mode while racing. I logged 30 hours without trouble but it's happening [I]every[I] time I play now. I only play with the T300, first occurrence was in career mode. Audi R8 LMS on Laguna. In practices 1&2 (haven't played any further.) Also happened in a solo race in the group A E30 on Laguna. I haven't tried any other tracks or cars. The longest I've been able to play is 20 minutes before the PS4 is sent into rest mode. Every time, the ps4 beeps and enters rest mode. I went as far as to disable rest mode in PS4 setting and it made no difference.

Yes this has started happening to me as well but only since the patch....was racing on line and got told ps4 idle about to enter rest mode playing with a T80 wheel...I had to quickly drop to Sony menu screen then back into the game...not great in the middle of a race on line!!!

Titzon Toast
14-06-2015, 11:59
I got this twice last night.

frivoloushobby
19-06-2015, 01:15
My PS4 has been sent into rest mode multiple times while racing. In both solo mode and career. Last week I deleted the game install and the day one patch and reinstalled both, then updated to 1.4. That seemed to be a temporary solution. Tonight my PS4 was sent into rest mode twice. Once in solo mode with no other cars at Road America driving the CLK and again on the ring in the pagani roadster.

Equation
25-06-2015, 10:39
Career third race in Karts. First round was good no problem. Second round I was making my kart lighter and adjusting fuel to 3 l and put X for save setup. Game crashed. Track was Chesterfield. Error code was CE-34878-0. This is first time when game crash when I make setup. Special in this case was that when I send error report there is no videoclip. Usuallu it is in there.

I got this twice last night.

In recommend that you give more details about that. What you are doing? Racing online, career or single player? Where this happening and etc. That helps to developper find where in the game's source code that problem is.

thegt500
26-06-2015, 06:50
I've not experienced a crash, but have noticed the cooling fan in the PS4 is pretty active during play. What concerns me is the way the fan goes flat out when I go to carry out any set up on any car in my garage ! The fan is at 100% for the whole time in doing a set up, then when I save my tune and return to the track selection, the fan spins back down to almost silent operation ?
I wouldn't have thought the GPU was having a hard time during a tuning session in the garage ? Very strange !!
BTW, I've got the digital edition if that makes a difference.

BongoKongo
26-06-2015, 09:52
I've not experienced a crash, but have noticed the cooling fan in the PS4 is pretty active during play. What concerns me is the way the fan goes flat out when I go to carry out any set up on any car in my garage ! The fan is at 100% for the whole time in doing a set up, then when I save my tune and return to the track selection, the fan spins back down to almost silent operation ?
I wouldn't have thought the GPU was having a hard time during a tuning session in the garage ? Very strange !!
BTW, I've got the digital edition if that makes a difference.
I think you may find that many or most of these crashes are being caused by the ps4 & not the game.
Reason: I am lucky to have 2 ps4 consoles in my lounge room at the moment (mine & my Bro's) & one of them (mine) crashes constantly with Project cars but the other (bro's)just goes all day without any issues at all. Both using the same disk & my downloaded saves.

Playstations are not made the way they used to be that's for sure.
Mine also had the dreaded disc spit glitch, where the center rubber foot hit the eject button. My brother's has not had this problem.
Mine will sit in a loop for ever trying unsuccessfully to get online where my brothers connects instantly.
But both consoles rev their nuts off with this game,, that is a given.

I think Sony has a lot of questions to answer about the build quality of these ps4 consoles because some of them are terrible.
When you contact Sony about these problems they say do a complete initialization after you have uploaded your data to the cloud (or whatever its called) or download it all to a million usb's.

Stuff that,,,it would take me a month to do either.
But I have no alternative because unless I do it they won't replace it.

Sony after sales service is terrible also, with so many generic replies to cover all bases.
They are like Microsoft in the fact that they think that nothing can go wrong with their rubbish.
The gaming industry as a whole has gone down the gurgler over the last 5 to 10 years.

Cr4sH
01-07-2015, 10:52
I posted my Problem on this Thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32763-Freezing-Crashing/page2

The big Freeze i got on a random AI Race at Monza and at Round 4 it happens. Three days ago i got the crash at a Online Race after Quali in the first lap it crashes... on Imola.

BTW my PS4 is far away from the wall behind (one meter or more) and the air cycle is also plentiful. So, i don't think it's an overheating Problem cause this happens only with Pcars :/ I played GTA 5, Destiny, Batman & more other Games 6 hours+ without any issue. Please SMS we need a fast hotfix or something for this big Problem...

Cr4sH
06-07-2015, 12:05
I still want a hotfix or a statement. Yesterday at Hockenheim GP me and a good friend got a Game Crash @Lap 7 from 15 (without AI and 4 Random Players)... it can't be a overheating Problem, i have this issue, Problem whatever only with PCars. Please help us!

KK78
06-07-2015, 12:45
Would be good to know if the latest patch addresses these freezing/crashing issues, I've abandoned one LM1 endurance season after 4 crashes ( and many hours wasted) and as much as I want to do the Le Mans invitational I won't until confirmation that these issues have been sorted, nor any of the other endurance races. I can just about stomach a crash after a few laps but not after several hours.

Cholton82
25-07-2015, 18:49
I suffered my first crash yesterday where it froze in the menu , my ps4 had been on 5 minutes max . All data lost and starting from scratch ! Toss

rayh271
26-07-2015, 22:12
my game has crashed several times today.....i am using disc version on ps4....taught this problem was fixed?????

rayh271
26-07-2015, 22:17
I suffered my first crash yesterday where it froze in the menu , my ps4 had been on 5 minutes max . All data lost and starting from scratch ! Toss

i feel your pain.....this happened to me.....i was on season 40....yes season 40....when these crashes corrupted my save game data....(luckly i remembered to save my ps4 data few weeks previous......so just lost only 20 seasons.......my advice to you is to constantly back up your data on usb stick.........even sometimes it doesn't back up automatically to the cloud

redrick
25-08-2015, 09:51
I was just in Free Practice, driving a McLaren F1 GTR "Long Tail", about 7/8 through the Nordschleife when screen went blank for about 15-30 seconds and then a blue message screen comes on with a message from Sony with section to describe and report the problem on it, which I did. After sending this message it went to the PS4 home screen.

I have the game on disk. Just bought it 2 days ago, though using it much. It automatically updated after I first started the game. I assume I have the latest version (Patch 3, is it?) but cannot find where in the game it says what version I have.

Also I don't know why my messages always identify me in box to the left with "Platform: PC" when I am using a PS4.

alunian
25-08-2015, 14:17
My PS4 crashes all the time when taking part in the Le Mans 24 hours (full 24 hour race) at/just after 12 hours of racing, it shows the blue screen to report the issue to Sony, but the error is not in saved in the error report list. Car used RWD P30 LPM1, all damage and mechanical failures switched off, AI set to Zero. The PS4 is not overheating as the fan is not spinning that quickly and the console is warm. Latest patch installed 3.00. PS4 firmware 2.57. I tried switching off all the PS4 power saving options and leaving the controller connected with USB lead whilst AI driver takes over and it still crashes.

Another bug with this race is again at 12 hours (lap 148) telling the AI driver to pit in then select swap driver, when the AI driver pulls into the pits all the opponents pit in at the same time and none of the cars including players will leave the pit lane, I had to quit the race.

alunian
28-08-2015, 11:15
Please can you also sort out the AI driver (partner) overtaking habits, Its the worst I've ever seen. I've only used the AI driver during Le Mans 24 hours. The way the AI overtakes is like this. Gets into the slip stream (fine), pulls out to over take and just as the front of its car is level with the rear bumper of an opponents car it quickly slams the brakes on full and its a clear section (absolutely terrible). I had gone from building up a 6 minute lead to being 15 seconds behind in a few hours, it works out that the AI driver seems to get 2-3 seconds slower per lap.

This can be confirmed by displaying the telemetry on the HUD.

alunian
28-08-2015, 21:21
Another crash this time loading a saved replay and as it was loading I double tapped share to record it and got this error code.

alunian
28-08-2015, 21:27
I think you may find that many or most of these crashes are being caused by the ps4 & not the game.
Reason: I am lucky to have 2 ps4 consoles in my lounge room at the moment (mine & my Bro's) & one of them (mine) crashes constantly with Project cars but the other (bro's)just goes all day without any issues at all. Both using the same disk & my downloaded saves.

Playstations are not made the way they used to be that's for sure.
Mine also had the dreaded disc spit glitch, where the center rubber foot hit the eject button. My brother's has not had this problem.
Mine will sit in a loop for ever trying unsuccessfully to get online where my brothers connects instantly.
But both consoles rev their nuts off with this game,, that is a given.

I think Sony has a lot of questions to answer about the build quality of these ps4 consoles because some of them are terrible.
When you contact Sony about these problems they say do a complete initialization after you have uploaded your data to the cloud (or whatever its called) or download it all to a million usb's.

Stuff that,,,it would take me a month to do either.
But I have no alternative because unless I do it they won't replace it.

Sony after sales service is terrible also, with so many generic replies to cover all bases.
They are like Microsoft in the fact that they think that nothing can go wrong with their rubbish.
The gaming industry as a whole has gone down the gurgler over the last 5 to 10 years.

Did you try a complete initialization of the ps4? if not try the rebuild database first as it sounds like corrupt data on the hard drive as mine wouldn't sign in to PSN once until I used the Safe Menu by switching the console off then keep your finger on the power button until it tells you to plug the dual shock 4 in, then select the option for Rebuild Database. This is also recommended every time when downloading and delete files.

i-am-the-stig
30-08-2015, 13:30
216633I had this twice last night and I only get it playing project cars

Jever
30-08-2015, 19:58
I tried this to this morning, never tried it before.

Evilcee
31-08-2015, 01:02
Mine hung this evening whilst changing FFB settings in free practice/garage, then crashed.
When it restarted, the game announced that my save data was corrupt and that I had to create a new profile. Everything lost. I was contemplating starting again after patch 3.0. Seems my mind has been made up for me.

madmax2069
31-08-2015, 02:09
216633I had this twice last night and I only get it playing project cars

Here lately this is the same crash report I've been running into while playing project cars (and it would always crash while I was racing, the screen would freeze but the sound would still be playing, you can hear the car throttle up, slow down when braking and the screen would just go black) , I haven't been getting CE-34878-0 crash report with PCARS here lately (the one where you can submit a replay clip with).

I would put in the explanation area that I was playing Project Cars at the time of the issue.

thegt500
01-09-2015, 06:31
My PS4 crashes every time I try to adjust any settings of the Lotus type 49 ? I can choose the car in 'my garage' and go to the set up page but as soon as I click on any setting, tyre type, brake balance etc, it crashes to blue screen with the message to report to Sony.
I tried restarting the PS4 twice, on the third attempt I carried out a database rebuild from safe mode and still it crashed after that.
Thing is, if I set up a QR weekend race with the Lotus, I can adjust the setting whilst in the pit box without crashing. I'll try setting up some other cars in the 'my garage' when I have the time just to see if it's just the 49 that causes the crash !

Equation
01-09-2015, 13:26
I change force feedback setups in main menu. Game crashed and corrupt gamedata.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nS41-JeZ3EE/hqdefault.jpg

1.9.2015 clock 16.19.14
Application: CUSA00940
NAT: Type 1
Version: 2.57

Here is what happened after that crash:
http://s30.postimg.org/t0s21nxnk/Project_CARS_20150901162225.jpg
Pretty annoing because I changed FFB-setting about half of game cars. I have to do it again!

2stains
01-09-2015, 14:10
My ps4 crashes all the time after 3.0 just when driving laps online with my Fanatec GT2 wheel. Screen goes black wheel turns right and the screen fades into the crash report screen. I submit report and restart game and its fine for awhile. In totol about 10 crashes in 40 races ,pretty annoying .

Equation
01-09-2015, 16:33
I change force feedback setups in main menu. Game crashed and corrupt gamedata.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nS41-JeZ3EE/hqdefault.jpg

1.9.2015 clock 16.19.14
Application: CUSA00940
NAT: Type 1
Version: 2.57

Here is what happened after that crash:
http://s30.postimg.org/t0s21nxnk/Project_CARS_20150901162225.jpg

Pretty annoing because I changed FFB-setting about half of game cars. I have to do it again!

Damm it. This happened again. 80 % car setups made and again corrupted :mad:

alunian
01-09-2015, 18:48
There is a serious problem with the Le Mans 24hrs as it is impossible to complete since patch 3.00. I can confirm that there is nothing wrong with PS4 as I recently completed the Bathhurst 25 hour race in real time as part of the career using the same settings as my 24 hour race (opponents strength = 0, all damage and mechanical failures switched off) and the PS4 was in a very confined space, the PS4 did get hot then the fan kicked in and the temp dropped, game ran perfectly for 25 hours straight, so perfectly I didn't pause the game when the AI driver was in control, I then pressed the PS button on the DS4 to switch to XMB to send an IM to a friend.

What I think is the problem with Le Mans 24 hours is the transition from night time to day time as even in accelerated time it crashes around the time it changes from dark to light. (code\textures missing for transition).

Finally got the "A Day In The Life" trophy, 5th attempt due to Le Mans crashing, my advice is quit to pit as soon as the Le Mans race starts and skip to end of session until your back to the career menus and continue with your career until your invited to do Bathurst 25 Hour race and make sure it's set to 100% for the length of time.

alunian
01-09-2015, 20:48
Just got this error which does not save in to the PS4 error log. It happened in the career mode, during the endurance championship 20mins in to a 3 hour race.

Elmo
02-09-2015, 18:36
Thanks for all the reports. We are having a look at the crash data send to Sony.

We will keep you updated.

2stains
02-09-2015, 23:03
Thanks for all the reports. We are having a look at the crash data send to Sony.

We will keep you updated.I've sent about 10 crash reports do i need to leave a comment with it or can you see what happened?

Equation
03-09-2015, 12:00

Good to know. How accurate is that crash data? What you read from there? I am interested of that.

flatspunout
03-09-2015, 14:39
Just got this error which does not save in to the PS4 error log. It happened in the career mode, during the endurance championship 20mins in to a 3 hour race.

Had this same error last night, 30 laps Watkins Glen Short online, GT3

Alex1996
09-09-2015, 16:52
My game crashed several times, I noticed it with Formula A, LMP1 and LMP2 on Monza, Le Mans and Spa. Once the game crashed while I was playing online.

krsht3
11-09-2015, 10:35

I had this problem as well and sent the crash report.

The second "crash"was with the sound. I was in a 4lap race in career and after two laps there was no sound. Engine, music nothing at all
I quit the game only to find that it turned the whole machine off and I had to restart the ps4

Goresh
13-09-2015, 11:27
I hope this gets fixed soon, PCars is collecting dust here until it is.

TrueNOS2
14-09-2015, 19:11
Damn, happened to me two nights ago and last night with my nephew! Same as the aforementioned screenshots. While playing online the screen freezes and goes black and up pops the "Report Problem" screen on our PS4's. Strange thing is we have both logged several hours (days if you will) of play and have had no problems till just now. I hope that we can get some answers as we don't want to "hurt" our consoles.
Surely this isn't a console issue unless all of our consoles are "going bad all at once"! (being facetious of course)
Hopefully Sony will be on it as well. I too have sent in the Problem Report.

TrueNOS2
14-09-2015, 19:13

I sure hope we get an answer soon as I do not want to do damage to my PS4. Please let us know A.S.A.P.

TrueNOS2
14-09-2015, 20:23
!!! Let's try to keep this at the top.:yes:

chickano
14-09-2015, 23:11
I've just had my 3rd crash in 2 days on the PS4, twice in superkarts in career, first at the dubai invitational, (the second time while leading on the last lap of a 15 lap race!) and also in solo mode when driving the bmw z4 at bathurst. Each time the screen goes black, the wheel is still getting FFB signal trandomly and the PS error report screen comes up.

TrueNOS2
15-09-2015, 17:19
SMS are you reading these posts?

Bealdor
15-09-2015, 18:28
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22777-Crash-Freeze-on-PS4&p=1107867&viewfull=1#post1107867

TrueNOS2
15-09-2015, 22:36
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22777-Crash-Freeze-on-PS4&p=1107867&viewfull=1#post1107867

Very good, but that was nearly two weeks ago! Like I said earlier, I hope this does not damage our consoles in any way. Two weeks is way too long for a response!

Bealdor, maybe you could PM Ian Bell and express our concern. That would be great.

Bealdor
16-09-2015, 06:25
Very good, but that was nearly two weeks ago! Like I said earlier, I hope this does not damage our consoles in any way. Two weeks is way too long for a response!

Bealdor, maybe you could PM Ian Bell and express our concern. That would be great.

I've notified the devs if they could give a quick update regarding those crashes.

TrueNOS2
16-09-2015, 15:57
I've notified the devs if they could give a quick update regarding those crashes.

Thanks Bealdor.

flatspunout
16-09-2015, 16:27
Had a new one last night...no blue screen, no error report, had to dashboard and close the application.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8--1bsndRLc

TrueNOS2
16-09-2015, 16:32
I (We) need to get the attention of Slightly Mad Studios to give us some answers to this (new for me) problem that has been reported now by several PS4 owner's to the effect that the game suddenly freezes and dumps you to the PS4 "Report Problem" screen!!! I am pretty sure that this is not a PS4 console issue as many of us are now experiencing the same issue at the same time (for myself, it has become increasingly more frequent). In talking with Sony, they were more than happy to service my console as it is still in warranty. But again, I do not believe that this is a console issue as I can play all other games that I have without issue. READERS PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST if you are experiencing this issue so that we can get the view count up and keep this issue at the top of the list. It would behoove Slightly Mad Studios to address this immediately perhaps through "SMS Posts" as I am reading through other posts that their game is being abandoned by PS4 users because of such issues.

TrueNOS2
16-09-2015, 16:39
Had a new one last night...no blue screen, no error report, had to dashboard and close the application.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8--1bsndRLc

Wonderful! I've started a new thread "PS4 SCREEN FREEZE AND "REPORT PROBLEM" ISSUE ; READERS PLEASE RESPOND" if you guys and gals would give it a look maybe Slightly Mad Studios will see traffic on this issue and reply.

TrueNOS2
16-09-2015, 16:42
Sticky?

madmax2069
16-09-2015, 16:59
If you send the report to SONY, SMS will also get the report. So they (SONY and SMS) know about it. It sends them the crash report with logs of what happened during the crash. If you was to search the forums they (SMS) already know about the issue.

Its a issue with the game and not your system, so no need to be in talks with SONY.

Bealdor
16-09-2015, 17:40
Threads merged.

Sorry mate but that's not how things work. It's best to keep the reports to one single thread, especially when the devs are already aware of it.
Creating another thread and spreading the reports over the forum is actually counterproductive.

roberto81
17-09-2015, 11:22
me and my group have already taken our series back to gt6 just for the stability we've had enough of less than half finishing because of land mines or error report screens it's made a mockery of what we are trying to do, I can only hope this gets sorted as on a personal note its completely broken the game for me

FLX81
17-09-2015, 12:53
Threads merged.

Sorry mate but that's not how things work. It's best to keep the reports to one single thread, especially when the devs are already aware of it.
Creating another thread and spreading the reports over the forum is actually counterproductive.

His video shows a different issue though. Thats a graphics freeze, not a crash to XMB.

Speaking of the latter: Any news on this? Is this being thoroughly investigated? Problem found? Workaround available? Fix incoming? Why so much silence from the devs on such a gamebreaking issue? I will not continue to play my endurance career until this is thoroughly resolved, I wont spend hours on races when the game can crash any second.

Bealdor
17-09-2015, 13:06
His video shows a different issue though. Thats a graphics freeze, not a crash to XMB.

Speaking of the latter: Any news on this? Is this being thoroughly investigated? Problem found? Workaround available? Fix incoming? Why so much silence from the devs on such a gamebreaking issue? I will not continue to play my endurance career until this is thoroughly resolved, I wont spend hours on races when the game can crash any second.

I didn't merge this video, mate. There seem to be two different crashing/freezing issues indeed. That's why we're having a second (stickied) thread specifically for the crash to home screen issue.

I've already asked the devs about an update on those two matters. I know they're working on it but I can't answer your questions unfortunately.

TrueNOS2
17-09-2015, 17:44
Threads merged.

Apologies, trust me I was not trying to be counter productive. I was merely trying to bring some attention to the issue as users, as well as myself, are getting frustrated with getting no replies from SMS. I also wanted to bring to light that if you phone Sony support about this issue they have you go through some re-initializing process that does not work and they "assume" that our consoles need to be serviced, which is not the case. I was hoping to help other user's and stir up interest from SMS to give us, at the least, some acknowledgement that this is a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Bealdor
17-09-2015, 17:46
No worries mate, it's all good.

Jakob
22-09-2015, 05:09
Been getting a lot of freezing/crashing online, it just seems to be whenever the game feels like taking a dive.

It's getting to be very frustrating, almost happens atleast once per online session, tonight it was 2 or 3 times. I love the game, but this problem is the one thing that may make me put it on the shelf.

alegunner68
22-09-2015, 11:53
On Friday i decided to update my Jack Spades settings ( ps4 ), got down to the ruf gt3 when it crashed taking with it all my settings. Just got down to the ruf again and another crash. Settings saved this time though, luckily.

FLX81
23-09-2015, 08:57
Interesting observation from a guy at GTP: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/patch-4-0-is-released.334666/page-7#post-10987332

I had a 100% crash last night when racing on Race 1 of Formula B at Spa in Career Mode. 50% distance. I had to retire in the end just to get to the next race. The crashes all occurred whilst AI cars were in the pit lane.

Dont think its the sole reason for the crashes (had the game crash on me in time trial as well) but who knows.

rocafella1978
23-09-2015, 14:00
i have not gotten to testing what "vr mustard" suggested, but out of curiousity and having users test this out, has anyone tested playing the game in solo, practice and multiplayer with everything turned off? meaning: turn off damages, turn off tire wear and any other wear, turn off weather and time progressions, turn off flags and penalties...its not to make the game boring or be worst of an experiencw, but maybe, JUST maybe, we cab figure out cause of crashes, blue screens and other glitches starting by turning off everything, will attempt this for sure and test out, report and post details on weekend, have 2x PS4 with T300 and G29 to test it on! should be good or interesting at least!

TrueNOS2
23-09-2015, 15:16
As the title suggests, simply fix the crashing issues. I am sure that with these crashes we are putting unusual stress on our hardware! (Playstation consoles hard drives etc. as well as us wheel users who's wheels "slam/lock" to one side or the other when the game crashes!)

TrueNOS2
23-09-2015, 15:21
Well, I was holding out until I got bit by the 4.0 "patch". I was having crashes on release 3.0 that were becoming more and more frequent so I decided to format my hard drive on my PS4 and reinstall the Playstation "operating system" from scratch and then reinstall just Project Cars. I did so last week and put quite a few hours of gameplay on and offline and had zero issues. NOW that I've been "updated" to 4.0 my second online race and bingo, crash (screen freezes, goes black and then sends me to the "Report Problem" screen)! C'mon SMS let's get this thing right. I think we need a 4.5 or something that can be a re-do on the old 2.0 patch that seemed to be the most stable. You need to do something as your "fan base" is declining!

madmax2069
23-09-2015, 15:32
The constant freezing is the only thing that puts me off on constantly playing the game and enjoying it. Half the times I can't complete my league races because the game either crahes and goes to the blue screen error report, or freezes screen goes black and then goes to the error report screen complaining that I shut the system down improperly, I know its not a hardware issue because no other game I play has this issue.

I know its not heat related, system is in a open space, the vents are constantly cleaned, in a room with AC pumping, fan never goes into turbo mode (because the room is so cool).

flatspunout
23-09-2015, 19:43
My first four online races after 4.0 resulted in a blue screen, lost FFB, starting the race from my pit box, and one good race with three drivers at Road America. I watched the replay and I was the only car that left the grid. Can't win.

Aizcold
23-09-2015, 21:30
I have had very little issues with the game until now, but I too had the game freeze on me and dump me to the "report a problem" screen during an online league race today. And I wasn't the only one. The person hosting the event had the same thing. On lap 34 of a 40 lap race. While in first place. I'm not too happy about it, but I imagine he'll be even less so.

Even before the race a few guys raised the game crashing as a concern as it seems to have become a more frequent thing recently. I had not experienced it for months until today, and I sure hope this will get fixed very soon. It's a shame to have awesome races ended and ruined like this.

Bubbs
24-09-2015, 05:09
Apart from the early days of the online quali-into-race crashes mine has been pretty stable - though I've only ever been playing online recently.

Although, I have had two crashes to black screen (once with patch 3.0 and once with 4.0) resulting in the PS4 auto resetting with a 'hardware fault'.

Both crashes happened during online Qualification at Monza GP. Both also happened with about 2:30 of the session remaining and both happened at exactly the same point on the track - right as you get close to the kerb on the inside of the entry to the final corner. I did the old Sony-report thing, but capturing it is difficult from a video point of view because the console resets itself. It's as if there's a wormhole or something that opens up if you're in exactly the right (wrong) place at the right (wrong) time. :rolleyes:

Game has paused whilst joining an online session as well several times requiring a quit and restart (think that's more of a network thing).

TrueNOS2
24-09-2015, 13:56
As the title suggests, simply fix the crashing issues. I am sure that with these crashes we are putting unusual stress on our hardware! (Playstation consoles hard drives etc. as well as us wheel users who's wheels "slam/lock" to one side or the other when the game crashes!)

I see my Thread got merged again! C'mon guys (SMS) let's get this fixed or at least give us a formal "SMS Post" explaining what the issue is and that you are indeed working on a fix.

Jever
27-09-2015, 10:56
Yesterday i have the event, that is written on load page, drive a full 24 hours, and stream it....

We setup the race 2 hours off getting ready, Racing seats, G29 wheels, People's coming from long distance.

And boom in qauli frist crash..... Startet 12.30. 5 crashes later 03.20 we stoppede. Longest race 93 laps.
This was a good time with friends, but a shitty time Racing...... Please fix this guys.

JudgeNutmeg
27-09-2015, 22:49
Hi there,

Never had a crash or any problem until patch 3 where I had 3 minor "crashes" when exiting after race menu screens which returned me to the playstation home screen.

Over the last couple of days I had a more serious issue where just during a race, I was thrown out straight backto the ps4 home screen ( no error message) and the disk ejected itself. Afetr that every few seconds, the ps4 made a noise as though it was attempting to eject a disK even though i had fully removed the Project Cars one. I turned the ps4 off and then back on but then it still kept making a noise as though it was trying to eject a disk. I couldn't re insert the Project Cars disk at this point. found the only way to stop this was to actually unplug the PS4.
After plugging it back in and restarting I could finally insert the disk.

I didn't note the situation the first time this happened but tonight I thought I'd test LeMans, 5 lap race, 5x accelerated time, GT3 with 29 AI cars and it crashed after a couple of laps. The Ps4 had only been in for about 20 minutes at this point.

I will have to spend time playing a few other games for a while to see if I can replicate this with other disks ( so far I haven't) and then try Project cars again.

Anyone had anything similar with the disk ejecting?

edited for spelling

Spitfire77
28-09-2015, 21:34
Hi there,

Never had a crash or any problem until patch 3 where I had 3 minor "crashes" when exiting after race menu screens which returned me to the playstation home screen.

Over the last couple of days I had a more serious issue where just during a race, I was thrown out straight backto the ps4 home screen ( no error message) and the disk ejected itself. Afetr that every few seconds, the ps4 made a noise as though it was attempting to eject a disK even though i had fully removed the Project Cars one. I turned the ps4 off and then back on but then it still kept making a noise as though it was trying to eject a disk. I couldn't re insert the Project Cars disk at this point. found the only way to stop this was to actually unplug the PS4.
After plugging it back in and restarting I could finally insert the disk.

I didn't note the situation the first time this happened but tonight I thought I'd test LeMans, 5 lap race, 5x accelerated time, GT3 with 29 AI cars and it crashed after a couple of laps. The Ps4 had only been in for about 20 minutes at this point.

I will have to spend time playing a few other games for a while to see if I can replicate this with other disks ( so far I haven't) and then try Project cars again.

Anyone had anything similar with the disk ejecting?

edited for spelling

That is an older issue with many PS4s - it can happen with any game. Check out this article for the two most common ways to fix it.
http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-save-your-ps4-from-the-auto-eject-disc-bug-1600574/

ElMister
30-09-2015, 19:30
Since patch 4.0 I have had a considerable amount of game crashes. I never experienced this during the earlier patches so it obviously has to be something wrong with the current patch. I even re-installed the whole game but it was no point. This is completely unacceptable since I can't even be in an offline practice session for 30 min without having the game crash on me. The game is pretty much unplayable for me at the moment.

Any news on this from SMS? Hotfixes? Anything?

Umer Ahmad
30-09-2015, 19:50
I would suggest deleting save game data but then you lose career progress and all your custom car setups

Your PS4 is healthy otherwise, no thermal problems? What about this?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40119-PS4-OS-3-0-out

ElMister
01-10-2015, 00:02
I would suggest deleting save game data but then you lose career progress and all your custom car setups

Your PS4 is healthy otherwise, no thermal problems? What about this?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40119-PS4-OS-3-0-out

That's what I did. I did a fresh install, no save game data, replays, nothing. My PS4 is completely fine, no other game I play behave like this. It's getting very frustrating to have it like this, it really hampers the possibilities of doing long races since the possibility of the crashing is far too high. If I play the game for about 3-4 hours a day, mixing between on- and offline practice sessions, the game will crash about 3 times. Unacceptable. I have noticed though that it crashes a bit more frequently when I'm streaming at the same time, but surely that can't be the issue.

roberto81
01-10-2015, 10:12
over the last 2 days 12 of us have had 35 blue screens between us trying to do a league with this game is pointless atm This problem is getting a joke atm

flatspunout
01-10-2015, 14:35
Do you guys really still think this is a PS4 issue and not a game issue? Is this SMS/WMD official stance on the problem?

i-am-the-stig
03-10-2015, 08:06
I had a crash last night was just driving along the game froze my wheel wanted to spin to the right but stopped it going too far.. Had to restart the game to stop the wheel going crazy.. Report sent to Sony

jack1984
03-10-2015, 08:49
Although I did not have a single crash since patch 4.0 yet (play only offline), this is quite worrisome for another, more fundamental reason:

Each time a patch is released for PCars it introduces new bugs. In my professional experience as an IT consultant, the most troublesome IT projects were the ones were each new functionality or patch introduced new problems. All of them had a common cause: a poor software architecture /design. When the architecture was not guided by design patterns like modularity, flexibility and scalability, each adjustment in the code could cause unexpected problems.

Since we don't have the source code of PCars, it is difficult to judge the software architecture. However, what I see from the outside frighteningly resembles what I encountered at some clients.

Pappa_Stig
03-10-2015, 12:31
Had yet another crash in Formula A career today. That makes it one crash every second night, sometimes every night, and I only play for maybe 2 hours per night. Please can one of the devs at least let us know whether you know what's causing this or not?

Figuur84
03-10-2015, 21:05
Well, it looks like the reports have been given already. I do league racing, and since the latest 4.0 patch, almost everyone is haunted by crashes while racing in our competition unfortunetly... The game freezes, then blue screen.... To report the problem to Sony. Hope sms wil fix this smsoon, because this is 'league-breaking' for us. Looking forward for the next patch!

i-am-the-stig
03-10-2015, 22:35
Driving around nurburgring qualifying went back to the pits and the game crashed 219653

Figuur84
03-10-2015, 23:37
Jup that one.... I can't believe it is a ps4 problem, it is after patch 4.0, and in our league-community I am not the only one. I am not sure if I had the same CE-code btw. everytime I do encounter this problem, i do report it. But i don't know if Sony really does anything with that information. This evening it happened again for the 9th time.... The feedback I gave this time is something what I can not post/repeat here ;) (out of frustration)

ace1973
04-10-2015, 02:56
I guess I have been very lucky, I have only had this issue once and that was patch 3.0. I haven't had any issues with 4.0 at all. I play both career full length weekends, and have been running online for at least a couple hours every night this week. Also just for clarification I haven't ever wiped my hard drive between patches or reinstalled the game. Maybe this is why it has not been fixed as of yet, because the crash is so inconsistent. I do agree it would be very nice to get regular updates on where the devs are at on this and all the other current gameplay issues.

Sproket
04-10-2015, 21:52
Nice one devs. 3 times crashing tonight after restarting ps each time!
I expect nothing more than utter disappointment from your hap hazard approach to fixing anything.
Patch 5 will only create more issues than address so just ban my arse you bunch of inept excuse of a game developer??
But I suppose you can just hide behind your well worn excuses.
Drag your finger out of your arse and deal with it or refund us??

Pappa_Stig
05-10-2015, 11:59
Can't a dev at least tell us if the problem causing this has been identified or not??? A lot of people are affected by this...

webuserjonny
05-10-2015, 12:09
Happened to me last night during a league event. Brand new (3 days old) 1Tb PS4 with only Project Cars patch 4 installed on it. Report was sent with description.

alunian
17-10-2015, 21:00
Got another crash report this is the first time I started playing since installing Patch 5. Happened in Career, Lotus class of 86 at Barcelona - Catalunya, lap 8 of 10 during race. Report sent to Sony.

ace1973
17-10-2015, 21:08
I had one last night during a league testing session. Lap 34 of a 60 lap race at Laguna. First time for me since the 5.0 patch, which I was hoping fixed the issue.

alunian
17-10-2015, 22:03
Got another crash report this is the first time I started playing since installing Patch 5. Happened in Career, Lotus class of 86 at Barcelona - Catalunya, lap 8 of 10 during race. Report sent to Sony.

Noticed something else, my loading screen stated track Barcelona - Catalunya but it is Spa. Im currently on Season 7. Just tried again after switching the console off completely, this time the loading screen stated Spa and it crashed to home screen with same error at lap 5 of 8 during race.

alunian
18-10-2015, 12:37
I figured out what is causing the game to crash to XMB, its the network code it seems that the game keeps pinging the server even in career mode and when no connection is available it disables the time trail mode.
I noticed each time it crashed to XMB for some reason after sending the report to Sony my PS4 selects the recent event section that shows what your friends are doing and mine was showing "unable to load" yet pressing triangle refreshed it.

I disabled the internet connection on the PS4 in the Network Options and restarted both the PS4 and game, Career, season 7, March, Lotus class of 86 at Spa. The game did not crash at all and it even runs at more than 60fps. The code that checks just for a connection to the server should be removed and only be active when selecting Time Trail then if there is an issue message should say one of the following "server unavailable", "servers under maintenance" when its SMS fault or "No PSN connection" when it is a Sony issue, "no interenet connection" when it is an ISP issue.

lisanorm
31-10-2015, 11:50
yes i have had this several times of late,all being in career mode and in more endurance events,will have freeze then crashes out of game,nothing like being halfway through and ya got to start all over..i have disc version

BigAlex
01-11-2015, 01:17
twice on online when quitting the lobby and transitioning from one online session to another.

Fre.Mo
01-11-2015, 08:49
I had crash in the garage while tuning...

Shi
01-11-2015, 22:02
Had a 1h online race today. 10 drivers started and just 4 could go the full distance.
My PS4 crashed after 5 laps (of total 15)
I think this issue was not as present before patch 5.0

svenvangent
02-11-2015, 22:56
Two crashes to the main screen yesterday and today .

lancashirelad
03-11-2015, 16:58
I figured out what is causing the game to crash to XMB, its the network code it seems that the game keeps pinging the server even in career mode and when no connection is available it disables the time trail mode.
I noticed each time it crashed to XMB for some reason after sending the report to Sony my PS4 selects the recent event section that shows what your friends are doing and mine was showing "unable to load" yet pressing triangle refreshed it.

I disabled the internet connection on the PS4 in the Network Options and restarted both the PS4 and game, Career, season 7, March, Lotus class of 86 at Spa. The game did not crash at all and it even runs at more than 60fps. The code that checks just for a connection to the server should be removed and only be active when selecting Time Trail then if there is an issue message should say one of the following "server unavailable", "servers under maintenance" when its SMS fault or "No PSN connection" when it is a Sony issue, "no interenet connection" when it is an ISP issue.

Are the devs aware of this? I know you posted this here but needs highlighting in bug section. If this is the problem well done for spotting.

Zeke Bewlay
03-11-2015, 20:36
Are the devs aware of this? I know you posted this here but needs highlighting in bug section. If this is the problem well done for spotting.

I bumps this previously too somewhere. Is certainly not the only reason for crashes as they occur even if not connected

alunian
05-11-2015, 21:05
I think the devs are or will be made aware of this as a mod that goes by the name of Bealdor as reported some of the previous issues in this thread.

Fre.Mo
05-11-2015, 21:14
Again two crashes when saving tuning setups... Rrrr:mad: I never had crashes with earlier patches.

alunian
05-11-2015, 21:17
I bumps this previously too somewhere. Is certainly not the only reason for crashes as they occur even if not connected

My PS4 has not crashed yet with Project Cars Career whilst disabling the internet (I completed for the 1st time Le Mans 24hr in real time) and using the PS4 Safe menu (rebuild database) every time I download huge amounts of data.
To access Safe Menu:
switch the console off (no light), then keep your finger on the power button until it tells you to plug the dual shock 4 in, then select the option for Rebuild Database. This does not delete any data from hard drive. It does help speed up data access as it will be noticeable quicker. Think of it as defrag on PC.

biddazzo
06-11-2015, 10:22
race 44 laps
multiplayer
10 around sudden crash
Monza car gt3

how do you make a game with all these problems ?

and also announce p 2 cars ?

I'm really disappointed I was expecting great things from you ...
I sell the game because you can not play in these conditions

mar
07-11-2015, 00:15
Same here within 5 minutes turning the game on it freezes up. In career mode or practice mode is the same deal. Currently at Spa Francorchamps lmp1.

Zeke Bewlay
07-11-2015, 04:50
My PS4 has not crashed yet with Project Cars Career whilst disabling the internet (I completed for the 1st time Le Mans 24hr in real time) and using the PS4 Safe menu (rebuild database) every time I download huge amounts of data.
To access Safe Menu:
switch the console off (no light), then keep your finger on the power button until it tells you to plug the dual shock 4 in, then select the option for Rebuild Database. This does not delete any data from hard drive. It does help speed up data access as it will be noticeable quicker. Think of it as defrag on PC.

Great to hear it may be working for you. Guess worth others trying. All I can say is I got crashes while my PS4 was not connected. Unless there is some special order for disconnecting? Btw did you ever try testing the idea by purposely taking your internet connection offline while playing and seeing if you got a crash?

alunian
08-11-2015, 21:09
Great to hear it may be working for you. Guess worth others trying. All I can say is I got crashes while my PS4 was not connected. Unless there is some special order for disconnecting? Btw did you ever try testing the idea by purposely taking your internet connection offline while playing and seeing if you got a crash?

I've never tested it by having the ps4 connected to the internet and in the middle of a game disconnect the internet via router/switching it off/pulling out a cable.
It always crashes when the ps4 is connected to the internet and signed in to PSN. I did try this, PS4 signed into PSN and during an endurance race swapped to AI driver and let the game run (did not pause), then pressed the PS button, went to settings then Network options, then removed the tick for connect to interent. Then went back into project cars and it displayed the message about some features are not available, the game ran without crashing.

The only issue (bug) I have is the RUF SMS 1 hour challenge at the Nurburgring (cant remember the name) anyway, its not allowing me to select a car which should be the SMS version of the RUF and all the AI opponents s names are showing as Invalid Name! and they are all in the wrong car Lykan Hypersport.

alunian
08-11-2015, 22:41
Just had a very strange crash during career mode, Season 8, World Endurance Championship at Le Mans 24 hours race was set for 2 hours, car LPM1 P30 RWD, the game closed and the PS4 sort of rebooted as it stated what USB devices are connected, there was no error reports to send to Sony. Usually I get the Sony error reports to send.

A bit more info, most of the time I skip the practice and go straight to qualifying but this time I completed the practice which was set to 10mins, I didnt change any of the car settings or the pit settings, I did select the option that returns to pit box waited for the menu for the car settings, then I just continued without out changing anything.

Fre.Mo
09-11-2015, 13:33
Can the new ps4 firmware, available today, solve the crashing issues on PCARS?

Falconeye
09-11-2015, 13:54
Why SMS is not communicating about these crashing issues ? I had a lots of crashed in May when I bought the game and I thought taht coming back 6 months later will help to have these issues resolved but unfortunately it seems that crashes and freezes are laways here... Hope a patch will be made soon...

Fre.Mo
09-11-2015, 14:05
Maybe Sony has taken into account the crash repports from PCARS for the 3.11 patch?
Do these repports also go to SMS?

alunian
09-11-2015, 19:34
Just had a very strange crash during career mode, Season 8, World Endurance Championship at Le Mans 24 hours race was set for 2 hours, car LPM1 P30 RWD, the game closed and the PS4 sort of rebooted as it stated what USB devices are connected, there was no error reports to send to Sony. Usually I get the Sony error reports to send.

A bit more info, most of the time I skip the practice and go straight to qualifying but this time I completed the practice which was set to 10mins, I didnt change any of the car settings or the pit settings, I did select the option that returns to pit box waited for the menu for the car settings, then I just continued without out changing anything.

Just remembered something else, before I started Project cars I deleted the demo for Nathan Drake Collection which is over 1Gb, it took the PS4 about 3 seconds until it stated that it was removed. Judging by the hard drive that is fitted in my PS4 (stock 5400rpm cheap as chips) there is no way it could have deleted that much data in that time. I immediately started Project Cars then the above crash happened. Basically what Im saying is my PS4 was still busy deleting data as the game crashed within 30 mins of the race. No real way to tell since Sony in their wisdom did not fit a busy Hard drive light to the console :(

I know that the stock hard drive is really poor, because in the past when I deleted the demo for Dying Light the PS4 stated after about 4 seconds it had finished, I then switched the console off completely that night and in the morning it would not switch on at all using either the DS4 or the power button on the front. I had to remove the power lead for 30 seconds then plug it back in, it then powered up stating that it was not switched off properly before removing the lead. It then does the reinitializing database.

This afternoon I updated the PS4 firmware to 3.11 (released today, details button states software stability), started Project Cars and managed to complete the above race with exactly the same settings only this time I did make changes in the pit lane.

webuserjonny
09-11-2015, 20:41
What will happen when you delete something will be the same as Windows. It will remove registry entries which will make the system 'forget' about that data. That will mean the system will write data over those parts of the hard drive that the game you deleted was using. It won't actually remove the data, just allow it to be over written.

Over time the hard drive will get fragmented. Try rebuilding the database. That will effectively defragmant the hard drive.

alunian
10-11-2015, 21:38
It seems the Le Mans 24 Hour endurance event that is not part of a championship series (its available around the 15th December in career mode) is still broken, I had the race set to 2 hours, AI set to 0, no crash damage, no tyre wear, no fuel consumption (PS4 network settings > connect to Internet > tick removed). It crashed out to XMB around 15mins in to the race. Next time it comes back around I'll try a full 24 hour race as the last time it worked for me was in real time.

alunian
11-11-2015, 13:00
Not sure if it is Sony or SMS at fault:

Career Season 8, Event Supercar Free Fall 24hr Panorama, settings are damage off, tyre wear off, fuel consumption off, race set to 2 hours, AI set to 0. Just over 1 hour into race I paused the game and put the PS4 into Suspend mode last night. This morning pressed the PS button on the DS4, PS4 powered up with white light with blank screen and the DS4 had the white light (sync) no blue light (player 1).

I then tried the power button on the PS4 and it beeped twice then nothing. I then ejected the disc and kept my finger on the power button and the PS4 beeped twice then shut down. When I powered it back up it displayed the warning about not shutting down properly before disconnecting the power cable.

I never had this issue with suspend/resume with Project Cars patch 4.00 and the previous PS4 firmware.

PS4 firmware 3.11
Project Cars Patch 5.00

alunian
13-11-2015, 21:48
Done some testing and I can get the game to crash every time by doing the following and it happens with the PS4 signed into to PSN and disconnected from the internet, it seems to me that its a memory management issue with the game .

In career mode during an endurance event where it allows you to do Practices 1 and 2, qualifying and race. I had practices and qualifying set to 10mins and race set to 30mins to 2 hours and did them 1 after the other without exiting then the game will crash to XMB during the race.

To stop the game from crashing I either did the 10 mins practice sessions then continued to qualifying and exit after getting a lap time or skipped the practice and go straight to qualifying. Once I got a qualifying time before the time ran out I would exit, the game will then ask if you want to save the result, select yes, then come all the way out of the career mode back to main menu, then go back to career mode and start your race, this also has the benefit of letting you alter the race length because if you go straight through from qualifying to the race you can not alter the race length, it will be using the percentage used for qualifying session.

Though I did experience my first land mine during Le Mans 24Hrs event (standard event, not the one that is part of the World Endurance Championship). It is right at the end of the pit lane. This was in 24 hours real time.

Started the race at 7.30pm Thursday 12th and pitted in at 2am Friday 13th to switch drivers and left PS4 running, I then told the AI driver to pit in around 2.30pm to swap driver back to myself, once the game gave me control I hit the land mine video below. Other than that the game did not crash at all.

https://youtu.be/SGNCmqWV1QE

The only way I could finish the race was to pause the game and select simulate remainder session as I did not have a button or key assigned to reset car. Video below shows exactly where the land mine is located, it the light texture at the end of the pit lane that looks like an explosion went off.

https://youtu.be/1ykpo4O6EzM

alunian
17-11-2015, 20:36
Game crashed during career mode loading the qualifying round for Superkarts at Sonoma Raceway. Screens and video attached that were reported to Sony below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WzOBSKIqpg&feature=youtu.be

BigAlex
18-11-2015, 01:20
Game crashed during career mode loading the qualifying round for Superkarts at Sonoma Raceway. Screens and video attached that were reported to Sony below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WzOBSKIqpg&feature=youtu.be

Exactly same thing here... I also lost all my saved data

Pisshead30
18-11-2015, 02:11
when is this issue of the game freezing and chucking players out the game going to be fixed? never had any issues until patch 3.0 was released ive posted about this on numerous occasions as have many others,can we have some answers please?

hornet66
21-11-2015, 09:56
when is this issue of the game freezing and chucking players out the game going to be fixed? never had any issues until patch 3.0 was released ive posted about this on numerous occasions as have many others,can we have some answers please?

Maybe if we were on the PC version we would get a bit more help,i;e a hotfix like the pc brigade got recently.I was under the impression the console versions sold more than the pc version but we still feel like the poor relation.
I think the games great and theres probably loads of people who dont have issues but i dont think ive ever bought such a buggy release of a hyped up game.Starting to get tired of all the constant niggling issues and endless`fixes` with it now.just saying.....

Pisshead30
22-11-2015, 02:28
Maybe if we were on the PC version we would get a bit more help,i;e a hotfix like the pc brigade got recently.I was under the impression the console versions sold more than the pc version but we still feel like the poor relation.
I think the games great and theres probably loads of people who dont have issues but i dont think ive ever bought such a buggy release of a hyped up game.Starting to get tired of all the constant niggling issues and endless`fixes` with it now.just saying.....

Driveclub was a disaster at the start with bugs and glitches galore but evolution studios worked hard and brought the game back again.
Obviously not a sim game compared to this but a lot more enjoyable because the game actually works now and looks so much better than pcars.
Another great thing about driveclub was the ridiculous amount of dlc that came with the season pass whereas pcars you have to pay for each individual dlc.
I still buy all the dlc for pcars but in my opinion is just another way of making money like the crowd funding for pcars.

Hopefully somebody might actually find the fix for the freeze issue so console players like myself can actually complete races their in