PDA

View Full Version : Guide for FFB calibration

FlyinJake
09-05-2015, 13:14
Does anyone know about a force feedback calibration guide? I use a T500RS wheel on a
PS4 and the settings and descriptions makes absolutely no sence to me.

All I did try was to change the Tire Force value (100 to 120) which makes the curbs more noticeable when passing them.

AlpenoStrand
09-05-2015, 13:19
Take look at this video from Inside Sim Racing:

https://youtu.be/mlOdRTB4njY

the-D-
09-05-2015, 13:47
I dont see why it has to be so technical, Ive never seen this approach to FFB in my life and ive raced every sim there has been, its so counter intuitive, i have no idea what im doing.
I think SMS should do a 1 size fits all option for every make of wheel for those that dont want to grind, just to incrementally achieve better/natural performance/feel.
I really thought/hoped grinding was going to be eradicated with this game :(

the-D-
09-05-2015, 14:47
Its quite vague, I dont think he knows what hes talking about either.

redglyph
24-07-2015, 17:02
Agreed, there's a lot of "I don't know", "someone told me", "I assume"...

I don't understand why SMS doesn't at least give us a simple document explaining the meaning of all those settings, the online help barely mention what some of them are doing, that's not enough. Maybe it's obvious for some people who were involved earlier and followed possible discussions on the topic of FFB, but to me it's like a black box. I've also got a hard time understanding why users have to set up those parameters properly themselves for each car, especially since we're not supposed to know what those cars actually feel like!

And the way one has to restart the session of even get back to the main menu to modify options doesn't help (AFAIK it's not possible to start the session on the track instead of the pit, and the roads are too limited to test some of the settings on fast cars).

I suppose the best information on this is here (Jack Spade - FFB Tweaker Files) (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files) and here (explanation of each setting) (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=958100&viewfull=1#post958100)

LordDRIFT
24-07-2015, 19:54
The in car settings are pretty straight forward (the front wheel settings that is) SOP not so much but its still manageable. The calibration setting though , linkage, clamp, bleed scoop, knee etc. ..I wish someone from sms would just be real with me and say, 'Hey honestly; we just didn't have the bandwidth to research, develop and bake these settings in, so we decided to provide dev tools in the guise of sliders and personal adjustability so the end user could have at it. The plus side is we would be off the hook for any weird handling. Never mind this could absolutely undo all the good work done on the physics team by leaving such critical adjustments to the end user without explanations in plain layman English. We can always say this is what a real SIM's are about. Cheers!" If I heard that. I would sleep a lot better at night knowing , I am in fact not retarded.

PS after 1.4 I was in love with the ffb. After 2.0 I haven't been able to enjoy the game. Im pretty bitter right now.

Flaw3dGenius
24-07-2015, 21:36
Its quite vague, I dont think he knows what hes talking about either.Do SMS even know what the FFB settings do? :livid:

wyldanimal
24-07-2015, 22:40
Do SMS even know what the FFB settings do? :livid:

Ha, that's funny....
Yah, I'm Pretty sure, they know what every one of the settings is for...

Why expose all the Settings?

So that True Sim enthusiasts, can tweak and get the Most out of the FFB system Possible...

If it was Two Simple Sliders... We'd all be Stuck with a ONE Force Fits All approach...

Sure, it's a lot to grasp and try to fully understand..
But it's the Best Control over FFB of any Sim so far..

This is why Ian has said there will be Three Presets to Select from..
they will be good for most..
But the real enthusiasts will still be able to have a custom profile and Tweak away...

delahosh
25-07-2015, 09:18
Does anyone know about a force feedback calibration guide? I use a T500RS wheel on a
PS4 and the settings and descriptions makes absolutely no sence to me.

All I did try was to change the Tire Force value (100 to 120) which makes the curbs more noticeable when passing them.

Look at this: http://www.pcars-forum.de/thema/2377-faq-t500rs-force-feedback-kalibrierung-setups/

sokittoya76
31-12-2016, 16:50
Best explanation on FFB I've read so far of all the god damn sites I've been to to try n make sense of it....

You Sir take the cake!! :)