PDA

View Full Version : Map functions to a USB or Bluetooth keyboard on PS4

FlyinJake
09-05-2015, 13:22
I tried today to map some of the functions to a usb keyboard on my PS4, but it doesnt work. However the PS4 recognizes the keyboard and I can use the arrow keys to navigate the PS4 menu. It would be great to have this feature since my T500RS wheel does not have enough buttons available to have all the functions mapped.

Is it due to the keyboard I use or is it simply not supported?

the-D-
09-05-2015, 13:50
thats a very good suggestion, id love to map my bluetooth keyboard witheverything my wheel cant take.

oREECEo
10-05-2015, 11:06
I tried today to map some of the functions to a usb keyboard on my PS4, but it doesnt work. However the PS4 recognizes the keyboard and I can use the arrow keys to navigate the PS4 menu. It would be great to have this feature since my T500RS wheel does not have enough buttons available to have all the functions mapped.

Is it due to the keyboard I use or is it simply not supported?

Indeed gent, seems like very little thought has gone into this, doesn't seem like anyone competent at testing actually tested the functions on the console crossover. But why should I be surprised, so far not a single big title on PS4 has worked out of the box.
Even more annoyed as I brought the Download and Hardcopy of Limited Edition.
Lets hope they patch in keyboard support, should'nt be difficult.

ivan-hoe78
10-05-2015, 11:42
Agree with you guys. I will love the keyboard feature for mapping options.