PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Full price for a beta?

Bloyski
09-05-2015, 14:22
Playing on XB1 with the latest update on the controller.

I'm really not very happy with this game, after a few days of playing now I still can't get my head around the steering/handling model it is so inconsistent, I have played around with the options for a few days now and still can't find a good set up and this is using my own setup and also other people's recommended ones and while I have got better at the game it just doesn't feel right and have seen a lot of people with the same comaints and also my friends say the same.

The frame rate is also terrible for me and just makes the experience even worse and also the graphics aren't good and seems to come at the worse time as well by dropping frames durring corners and is really apparent on particular tracks such as Bathhurst.

This game was supposedly made by the community but I have no idea what community as how anyone was supposed to use this game "out of the box" is a joke as it was literally not drive able and couldn't even put in a lap without going off the track. Also that you can't change any options while in a race is just stupid and also while playing online only the host can set forced options like traction control and ABS but if you don't links using them well tuff luck as you don't have a choice in it.

I have waited so long for this and like all games this generation they seem to release them at full price and all we get is a beta to keep testing it and refining it for them. Put it this way if you haven't brought it yet get it on disc and don't download off of whatever store you use as I'm now stuck with it.

Just not to end with putting the game down loads I do think the have lots of things in the game which are really good points, such as all the different camera views, all the customization options, the different weather models and the ability the change the time and also make that progressive and the ability to map buttons to your liking but even that has its problems by forcing you to have things set that you might not ever use. The AI is also much better than other games. I'm sure it's updates this WILL be the best racer out there but for now I can't say that about it.

Thanks for reading.

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 14:26
Are you using a console? SMS are working to re solve the Fps and controller issue that you are describing. Try to bear with the team :)

YDS55
09-05-2015, 14:26
I see your anger, but I have no issues with the controls at all, and the graphics are great on my PC.

PS: In your next post try to use ENTER more often because this is a pain to read mate, not trying to be dick, just saying.

Bloyski
09-05-2015, 14:29
Sorry should of stayed I'm playing on XB1. I really have tried learning this game and sticking with it but it seems so inconsistent that you can't learn it. Next time I make a big post will use enter to make paragraphs to make it easier to read sorry.

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 14:31
Sorry should of stayed I'm playing on XB1. I really have tried leading this game and sticking with it but it sells so inconsistent that you can't learn it. Next time I make a big post will use enter to make paragraphs to make it easier to read sorry.

Thanks for clarifying which console. Rest asurred those issues are being looked and a top piroity for SMS.

Megalomanic87
09-05-2015, 14:34
Not having AS many issues with the game on XB1, but still apparent the game is a little buggy.
Let's take a step back, it's hardly RacePro or Grid Autosport on release is it? I have every bit of faith in the devs to resolve all issues, it just needs a little bit of patience :)

YDS55
09-05-2015, 14:34
Sorry should of stayed I'm playing on XB1. I really have tried leading this game and sticking with it but it sells so inconsistent that you can't learn it. Next time I make a big post will use enter to make paragraphs to make it easier to read sorry.

You aren't the first with these issues on the XB1, so there is something wrong there for sure, unfortunately I can't help you with that since I play on the PC.
Hope a admin or dev can help you out mate.

Bloyski
09-05-2015, 14:45
Thanks for the response, I haven't made this thread to make the game seem terrible as I'm sure with patches it will get sorted and drive fine but it is a ongoing story of games this generation that get released only to need more updates to make it run perfectly. I've got so annoyed with it as racing games are my thing and have played them all my life.

I didn't expect to get on this game and be the best but from going from being good at any racing game I put my hand too, to this is just frustrating. This game certainly do have some great qualities but I have paid you full price and haven't got a full product and it hurts when I don't have hardly any spare cash as should of waited to buy it so it went down in price and was fixed for this first time I play it.

Next Gen FTW

peregrine7
09-05-2015, 15:10
The PC version feels a bit more polished than the next gen editions (understandable, we had a HUGE testing team for PC). Problems on next gen (re: Controllers and FPS - especially X1) should be fixed very soon.

Bloyski
09-05-2015, 15:14
Ok thanks and hopefully will see the update soon. Is there anyway of getting on the testing team for console? As I would be more than happy to help as it seems there wasn't many testing the X1 version. I am unable to work and have a lot of time to put into games so yeah like I said I would be happy to help if needed.

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 15:16
Ok thanks and hopefully will see the update soon. Is there anyway of getting on the testing team for console? As I would be more than happy to help as it seems there wasn't many testing the X1 version. I am unable to work and have a lot of time to put into games so yeah like I said I would be happy to help if needed.

Sadly not possible testing on Consoles require a DEV-Kit which isn't available for "normal" costumers...
And even if you are deep enough in the Game Business a DEV Kit is really expensive..

B3ASTy
09-05-2015, 17:55
Best answer i can give: Get a PC and join the master race my friend.

Ultralow
09-05-2015, 18:29
Sadly not possible testing on Consoles require a DEV-Kit which isn't available for "normal" costumers...
And even if you are deep enough in the Game Business a DEV Kit is really expensive..This should be quoted a 100 times over....

bo0td
09-05-2015, 18:44
dropping frames durring corners and is really apparent on particular tracks such as Bathhurst.

Turn off (set to 0) the G-Force effect in camera settings, assuming console has this. It may or may not be related to what you're experiencing, but I'm certainly finding the game a lot more enjoyable with this off.

NitroPower
09-05-2015, 18:45
I play on xbox one and I can say I felt your pain on the first day but since ive been tweaking the settings its turned into a totally raw experience I can literally feel the second my car is starting to slide or if I get any under steer etc sounds strange to say but it feels like the car will tell you what its going to do in time for me to respond no other racing game ive played as ever giving that experience. Remember also give your tires a few laps to warm up for better traction aswel this isn't Forza lol

merge111
09-05-2015, 19:13
The PC version feels a bit more polished than the next gen editions (understandable, we had a HUGE testing team for PC). Problems on next gen (re: Controllers and FPS - especially X1) should be fixed very soon.

Very soon as in within the next few days?

It's pretty annoying to have bought a game I can barely play.

menaceuk
09-05-2015, 19:21
Playing on XB1 with the latest update on the controller.

I'm really not very happy with this game, after a few days of playing now I still can't get my head around the steering/handling model it is so inconsistent, I have played around with the options for a few days now and still can't find a good set up and this is using my own setup and also other people's recommended ones and while I have got better at the game it just doesn't feel right and have seen a lot of people with the same comaints and also my friends say the same.

The frame rate is also terrible for me and just makes the experience even worse and also the graphics aren't good and seems to come at the worse time as well by dropping frames durring corners and is really apparent on particular tracks such as Bathhurst.

This game was supposedly made by the community but I have no idea what community as how anyone was supposed to use this game "out of the box" is a joke as it was literally not drive able and couldn't even put in a lap without going off the track. Also that you can't change any options while in a race is just stupid and also while playing online only the host can set forced options like traction control and ABS but if you don't links using them well tuff luck as you don't have a choice in it.

I have waited so long for this and like all games this generation they seem to release them at full price and all we get is a beta to keep testing it and refining it for them. Put it this way if you haven't brought it yet get it on disc and don't download off of whatever store you use as I'm now stuck with it.

Just not to end with putting the game down loads I do think the have lots of things in the game which are really good points, such as all the different camera views, all the customization options, the different weather models and the ability the change the time and also make that progressive and the ability to map buttons to your liking but even that has its problems by forcing you to have things set that you might not ever use. The AI is also much better than other games. I'm sure it's updates this WILL be the best racer out there but for now I can't say that about it.

Thanks for reading.

You should really post what controller settings you have, this way people can help you out.

I am playing on Xbox One as well and initially the default settings are terrible. You do need to make some drastic changes to get it feeling a lot better.

BrotherRogue
09-05-2015, 20:31
Just to Clarify for the people who are not on xbox one.

The issue is (even with deadzone set to 0 and sesitivity to 0) there is two deadzones eitherside of the analogue stick

Say for example its 20cm from left to right with the stick, so 10cm from the center to either side, you move the stick 7cm or so and thats max right or left lock

so there is like 3cm on either side of the stick that are complete deadzones, THATS why its so hard to control.

no, none of the controller settings fix this