PDA

View Full Version : Autopit

Lars Geraae
09-05-2015, 14:31
Why is there AUTOPIT and not manual pitdriving when entering and exiting !? Feels like the 90th gaming and not like the real thing. There's no chances for penalties for speeding in the pits ?
Is there an option I've missed ? :confused:

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 14:38
Why is there AUTOPIT and not manual pitdriving when entering and exiting !? Feels like the 90th gaming and not like the real thing. There's no chances for penalties for speeding in the pits ?
Is there an option I've missed ? :confused:

This was discussed during the development and it was decided to keep auto pit using the AI rather than manual control. There is no option to disable this. Also bare in mind that this game is PEGI 3 so we can't have the car hitting the pit crew as we need to be none violent to meet this certification.

Lars Geraae
09-05-2015, 14:57
Well...simple solution; make a 'On/off' button' in the options OR depending of the difficulty it is on or off. Make the crew so drivers can't hit them, just drive through them. Stange decision what I think.
Not so real afterall :confused:

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 15:31
Well if it would be that easy :)

In one of the next Updates, the Team will ad Functional Pit Crew Animations.
To ensure all animations goes well and does look right, we need to be sure that the Car is in the EXACT Position it should.

And that's not reachable with Manual Pitting :( It was disscused interally in WMD also.

I do not Say it will never come, but for now and next, it seems to be not doable without any Glitches and Problems...

Johnny_91
10-05-2015, 10:27
Maybe ist possible, to drive manually to the pit and then when you just turn right to your crew, the game sets up the car right for the pitstop ? I`m thinking about the good old GTR2, where this was the solution.

nhitrac
10-05-2015, 10:50
Yea the whole AI pit thing totally takes the immersion away.

Hopefully this is something you guys can find a solution to in the not so far future.