PDA

View Full Version : Worn Tyres

oKUKLINSKIo
09-05-2015, 14:53
Hit here ,
Can you please tell me when you know the status of your tyre wear ? I know you can see the temps but I'm curios as to the wear.

Many thanks guys,
Gary.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 14:55
Hit here ,
Can you please tell me when you know the status of your tyre wear ? I know you can see the temps but I'm curios as to the wear.

Many thanks guys,
Gary.

I agree we should look to add a HUD graphic to indicate this. I'll ask the team to get on it.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 14:59
I agree we should look to add a HUD graphic to indicate this. I'll ask the team to get on it.

I'll pass it on.

In the meantime you can use a tool like The Profiler (http://www.tomshane.cz/profiler/) to monitor wear.

oKUKLINSKIo

Thanks very much for the quick reply and I look forward to it. By the way Ian I love the game flipping brilliant.
Regards,
Gary.

Blackvault
Hit here ,

Many thanks guys,
Gary.

While its not in the HUD has Ian said, you can monitor it within the thrid party telemerty apps. A collection of these can be found here:

ww.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

I hope this helps.

Pete

oKUKLINSKIo
09-05-2015, 15:02
While its not in the HUD has Ian said, you can monitor it within the thrid party telemerty apps. A collection of these can be found here:

ww.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

I hope this helps.

Pete

Hi Pete,
As far as I know the apps are for the PC version. I am playing the PS4 version.
Regards,
Gary.

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 15:03
Hi Pete,
As far as I know the apps are for the PC version. I am playing the PS4 version.
Regards,
Gary.

Sorry I should have mentioned that they were for PC only.

Top tip is for forum members to pop which system they are using as part of their signature :)

Pete

Ryzza5
10-05-2015, 12:25
I recall this being discussed in WMD with AJ/Casey? Essentially it was left out on purpose because you wouldn't have a wear indicator in real life.

If you're not driving smooth, seeing clouds of smoke behind you often, and the temps go into the red zone (see also telemetry or MOTEC display, i.e. above 115 celsius) then tyre wear won't be far away. You can also monitor your lap times increasing top-right.

Martin03
10-05-2015, 13:00
Just another quastion about tires, so take it here instead of making a new thread...Is there any soft, hard etc tires in Formula A with differance in tire life and pace? Wonder since when in the garage in practice I get just Slicks and Wet as tire options...

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 14:10
Just another quastion about tires, so take it here instead of making a new thread...Is there any soft, hard etc tires in Formula A with differance in tire life and pace? Wonder since when in the garage in practice I get just Slicks and Wet as tire options...

Generally the difference between the tire compounds is durability (how long they will last), how quickly they come up to temperature, rather than a lap time difference. The Formula A I believe the has only slick and wet, while cars such as the GT3/GT4 have soft, medium and hard.

I hope that helps.

Pete

Bleis
10-05-2015, 14:24

I would rather see tyre wear in the open weelers.....

caslad81
10-05-2015, 20:56
We need something, also a rough idea on how long each type of tyre will last. Starting a race on tyres that you have no idea how long they will last is crazy. If you only have 30 mins practice, you dont have the time to test them on runs. Also how do I know what tyres the AI have on? Kind of spoils the immersion of things not knowing.

caslad81
10-05-2015, 20:57
Btw, I have yet to complete a race wear my tyres have started to wear, is there a problem with wear?

Elmo
10-05-2015, 21:02
Btw, I have yet to complete a race wear my tyres have started to wear, is there a problem with wear?

See this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22751-Tire-Wear-Not-Working)

Perfect Code
10-05-2015, 21:47
Do the tires themselves not visually display the wear in-game? (haven't seen an answer to this yet, I'm in the U.S. and still have to wait to play on PS4)

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 21:51
Do the tires themselves not visually display the wear in-game? (haven't seen an answer to this yet, I'm in the U.S. and still have to wait to play on PS4)

If you are talking about graining and blistering? Then no the tires do not display that.

Hope this helps

Pete

Perfect Code
10-05-2015, 21:53
If you are talking about graining and blistering? Then no the tires do not display that.

Hope this helps

Pete
Aw, shame. Yes, was hoping it would show. Thanks for the answer.

Katilla
14-05-2015, 09:11
Thank you! I look forward to the improvements!

Katilla
14-05-2015, 09:28
I'll pass it on.

In the meantime you can use a tool like The Profiler (http://www.tomshane.cz/profiler/) to monitor wear.

PS4? how?

Blackvault
14-05-2015, 09:32
PS4? how?

Unfortunately it is not possible with the consoles. The third party applications on the website are for PC only.

Pete