PDA

View Full Version : Hypersensitive steering fixed

Oi Oi JC
09-05-2015, 15:51
If anyone is having issues with hypersensitive, twitchy steering where the tiniest of stick input puts the steering on full lock it can be fixed by 're installing the game as suggested on other threads.

What you need to do though is when it tells you an update is available you need to chose the download later option & let the game fully install before you start playing it.

It will tell you again that an update is required when you start the game this is when you should download it, it seems that the update does not install properly if you download it before the game installs.

Doing this fixed the problem for me & has transformed the game, now the cars drive like they should & I can enjoy it at last!

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 15:53
Cool, can some of the XBone Guys confirm that?

(Sadly im only on PC and PS4)

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 15:53
Already done this twice and nothing changed! :(
I even tried to play it without the patch, always the same!

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 15:55
If anyone is having issues with hypersensitive, twitchy steering where the tiniest of stick input puts the steering on full lock it can be fixed by 're installing the game as suggested on other threads.

What you need to do though is when it tells you an update is available you need to chose the download later option & let the game fully install before you start playing it.

It will tell you again that an update is required when you start the game this is when you should download it, it seems that the update does not install properly if you download it before the game installs.

Doing this fixed the problem for me & has transformed the game, now the cars drive like they should & I can enjoy it at last!

Thanks for this information. It brings us a step close to fixing the issue for everyone.

derekthetree
09-05-2015, 16:30

I've done this exact procedure and still have sensitive steering

Dazza1976
09-05-2015, 16:35
I have also re-installed and didn't fix the missing stick / trigger range of use for me. will try it one more time

Bannsider
09-05-2015, 16:38

This is how I install all games from disc and the store. Download/ install first then download and apply update. I did this when installing Project Cars but unfortunately I still have the hypersensitive steering on the Xbox One pad.
Fortunately for myself I have a TX Wheel and can use that and am enjoying the game. Hope you guys can get this sorted as when it works properly this game is really good. Thanks for taking the time to come in here and address the issues head on Ian.

HLR Joker
09-05-2015, 16:47
Cool, can some of the XBone Guys confirm that?

(Sadly im only on PC and PS4)
I re-installed and can confirm cars are now more controllable. Must do the full install and not play the intro race prior to 100% install. My update was already applied.
The amount of additional controller analog stick is now reduced too, probably about 75-80% input from pad to what is read in game, there is still a lag when going full lock to lock but where steering would stay locked it now creeps back to centre then goes to correct position.

Still no where near perfect but at least now we can make a bit of progress until a patch is made available.

Sankyo
09-05-2015, 16:50

It's there a way to tell whether something extra or new was installed in the re-install?

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 16:50
Is the patch the same in every country? Cause i've already done this twice and nothing change!

I might try to put my console in another region! :confused: To the guys for whom it worked, where are you from?

denis74
09-05-2015, 17:13
Yesterday I bought XoxOne digital edition. It downloaded and patched ok. 18.5gb

HLR Joker
09-05-2015, 17:15
Is the patch the same in every country? Cause i've already done this twice and nothing change!

I might try to put my console in another region! :confused: To the guys for whom it worked, where are you from?

U.K
Of my xbl friends about 60% are U.K based and those having issues seem to have the fix via re-install. You are allowing full install before trying??

ItchyBear
09-05-2015, 17:18
Nothing much I can add of value I'm afraid.

We have two Xbox's here with digital downloads on and are suffering the same issues as others describe.

Would like to just say thanks to Ian Bell for sticking with it though, perhaps part of the depth of frustration is founded on the months of delays and high expectations for a polished release.

Totally understand you guys work within boundaries outside of your control & sincerely appreciate, more than anything, someone taking the time to communicate with us (as I know many others do too).

Personally the earlier photo's posted showing the Xbox controller at full lock with only 50% input (and deadzones set to zero) clearly demonstrates our issue here on both consoles.

If we can help in any way by providing side by side test of any kind please don't hesitate to email, otherwise we'll wait for future updates and wish you guys all the best.

Thanks to the whole team for their efforts, pCARS promises to be something very special & we hope to be able to participate soon.

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 17:18
At the moment i'm trying full reinstal with region on Australia (i'm from France). I'll try until it works! ;)

derekthetree
09-05-2015, 17:30
U.K
Of my xbl friends about 60% are U.K based and those having issues seem to have the fix via re-install. You are allowing full install before trying??

I installed then reinstalled by waiting for 100% before playing and then patching, made no difference. Some tweaking has got me to drive able but still far to sensitive due to not enough use of the axis

Edit: oh yeah and I don't fancy having redownload the 0.5Gb patch many times thanks

RubberDave
09-05-2015, 17:32
In case it helps:

I have a physical copy.

I waited until the game had fully installed before playing, and when I started it up had to do an update.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled, I didn't get the option to choose whether to update or not when I did so.

The size of the game on my HD is currently 18.4Gb. Presumably I need to find a way to uninstall the update so I can get it again. Not sure if that's possible as it didn't give me the choice when I reinstalled the game.

Seps1974
09-05-2015, 17:48
No option to uninstall just ths update, RubberDave.

HLR Joker
09-05-2015, 17:50
In case it helps:

I have a physical copy.

I waited until the game had fully installed before playing, and when I started it up had to do an update.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled, I didn't get the option to choose whether to update or not when I did so.

The size of the game on my HD is currently 18.4Gb. Presumably I need to find a way to uninstall the update so I can get it again. Not sure if that's possible as it didn't give me the choice when I reinstalled the game.

I'm physical disc too Dave and likewise no option to remove update. But I do have a fully functioning although not perfected steering now.

vimfuego
09-05-2015, 17:56
Physical disc here and after re install and waiting to dl patch it made no difference.

AsHeavenIsWide
09-05-2015, 18:10
Its true when you first put the game in the XB1 it prompts you to download the update even before the game has installed.

So i did the whole uninstall game and reinstall and choose update later last night to make sure i had it. Once installed the game i let it update but it hasnt made any difference at all in the controller handling im afraid. Not sure what was in this day 1 patch anyway but i reckon a few people dont even have it installed anyway.

It takes awhile to reinstall the game anyway 15mins? So i dont want people to waste there time thinking it will fix it

Sankyo
09-05-2015, 18:11
In case it helps:

I have a physical copy.

Do you also have all controller firmware updates installed.

RubberDave
09-05-2015, 18:27
No longer at my Xbox right now, but have checked within the last month for controller updates and had the latest at that time, will check again when I get back later just in case

Psychomatrix
09-05-2015, 18:33
I can't understand why people say a reinstallation will fix the problem. I have two time installed and actual firmware of the pad and problems are the same. Only a Patch will fix this for all. I would like to see a video of a fixed xb1 steering. Some people say the game is the best in the world and steering on xbox one is perfect. Sorry then i must say they don't how a controller has to work. And i'm sure they don't have driven all the cars.

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 19:10
Yeah i'm questionning too if someone has it working properly :confused:

wraithsrike
09-05-2015, 19:18
Altering your settings will not fix your lock to lock problem, lock to lock in game is only the slightest movement of the controller stick it's parameters are way out.

You can play with your settings all week long trying the countless combinations that are being posted all over the webb none will fix this issue only the developement can fix this very well known issue so how about giving them chance to do just that.

This is a new game it's been out a day and both the team and there supporter's have worked there nuts off to bring it to us, now is the time for us the consumer to show some support and understanding, this development team have given me no reason not to trust them or have faith in them, I too am suffering from the steering inputs issues but I'm confident in this team and there backers, common sense tells you it's there baby and it means everything to them for it to be successful.

Give these guys a chance personally I believe after all this hard work they at least deserve that and maybe a little respect wouldn't go a miss.

returnofjim
09-05-2015, 19:31
Maybe a calibration tool for the controller is needed like you have for the wheels?

Beagle Five
09-05-2015, 19:36
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22943-Real-Steering-bug-workaround!

Started this thread to let you guys know there is a workaround at least.

The patch makes it better I think, that was my impression yesterday, but it only takes the bug from undriveable to kinda driveable.

wraithsrike
09-05-2015, 19:47
Trouble is people all over the socal meda are now starting to rip this game apart because of this steering issue/issues.

The game really doesn't need this sort of attention, I so hope the developers get this fixed asap, it's ok posting up all these trail and error work arounds but folk just want to pick up the controller and play just like they can with say Forza or Gt whatever, having to fluff around with hundred and one different settings just to get around the track is bad enough but then finding the steering is bugged as well is a pain.

FB vets are over these steering issues, many gamers on car forums are also complaining about the steering it won't take long for it to really knock this game, I'm praying the developers get on top of this really quick.

tarbat
09-05-2015, 20:03
I just can't understand how this passed the testers. Did nobody test with a controller on XB1 before release? This risks damaging the reputation of both the developers and the game itself, which is a great shame. I've got my own workaround using a CronusMax to compensate for the bug, and the game is excellent, but someone needs to question who tested the XB1 version with a standard controller.

Ixoye56
09-05-2015, 20:45
I re-installed and update my controller and I can confirm cars are now more controllable, the only problem now is the lock to lock bug, and that it is way to sensitive in low speed, for example the karussell at nordschleife is impossible to drive through.

Gooseone
09-05-2015, 20:57
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22943-Real-Steering-bug-workaround!

Started this thread to let you guys know there is a workaround at least.

The patch makes it better I think, that was my impression yesterday, but it only takes the bug from undriveable to kinda driveable.

You've given me an idea, can you select 'custom wheel' in your controller presets?
If so you can try to assign all the buttons, including the stick for steering off course :)

You would then be able to "calibrate wheel" where it should register the whole range of motion of your stick, when you are setting steering lock, move the stick so that it says 180 degrees.
(You can hold it so that you have a bigger steering lock yet the difference will only be visual).

Do try this only with the custom wheel preset because all the other options work the same as with a regular pad, if you would select a random wheel and do the same your results may vary.

Benja190782
09-05-2015, 21:53
But there is no custom wheel option? If only there was...

Gooseone
09-05-2015, 21:59
But there is no custom wheel option? If only there was...

Sorry, i don't have an Xbox, only PC.
Out of curiosity, what options can you choose from through the controller scheme options?

RubberDave
09-05-2015, 22:04
No longer at my Xbox right now, but have checked within the last month for controller updates and had the latest at that time, will check again when I get back later just in case

Just to confirm - my controller firmware is fully up to date

Oi Oi JC
10-05-2015, 08:15
I spent a few hours last night playing pc back to back on my xb1 & PS4 & I can confirm that the xb1 controller is still very sensitive compared to the PS4.

I stand by my op because for me the whole re install did work, before I re installed the slightest movement of the stick would turn the wheel to full lock & cars were pretty much un drivable. After the re install the steering was transformed.

HOWEVER

Having spent most of last night playing back to back I have noticed that even with exactly the same controller settings the xb1 controller is a lot more sensitive than the PS4 & requires a lot more finesse to drive as clean & smooth as I can on PS4.
I don't know if this just because the PS4 controller is a better quality product? or if it is something that can be sorted with a patch?
For me the game is still very playable as it is but it will be a lot more enjoyable if it can be fixed, I did enjoy the experience a lot more on the PS4.

I don't know if this is of any help to anyone but I thought I would share my findings here just in case.

Scav3nger
10-05-2015, 09:35
Having spent most of last night playing back to back I have noticed that even with exactly the same controller settings the xb1 controller is a lot more sensitive than the PS4 & requires a lot more finesse to drive as clean & smooth as I can on PS4.
I don't know if this just because the PS4 controller is a better quality product? or if it is something that can be sorted with a patch?

Given MSFT reportedly spent $100 million designing the Xbox One controller, I'm more inclined to believe it's a console software related issue. Especially since using the controller on the PC is nowhere near as sensitive as using it on the Xbox.

Oi Oi JC
10-05-2015, 10:00
Hopefully a patch will improve it then :)

HLR Joker
10-05-2015, 10:48
Given MSFT reportedly spent $100 million designing the Xbox One controller, I'm more inclined to believe it's a console software related issue. Especially since using the controller on the PC is nowhere near as sensitive as using it on the Xbox.

Most likely hardware/firmware. I've had xbox one since day one. There has been two controller firmware updates, original update was to cure issues with Forza 5. Have not got a clue what the second did.
Seems to be an installation, file sysyem issue. Now I'm no techy but it's like keymapping gets loaded into installation in the secondary stage (post 25% install I think), if player starts game prior to 100% the controller is beyond useless. Even after full install lock to lock is faulty, steering locks off and speed of turn to turn is hectic still, but with gradual use can become somewhat enjoyable.
Hopefully the upcoming patch will fix the issues and we can start attacking leaderboards.

Mark

DeviR11
10-05-2015, 11:58
I have this hypersensitive issue too, I tried reinstall the game, I tried use another controller, I tried many and many setting options, but nothing worked. Playing this game with controller on Xbox One is impossible to me. When I tried 125cc kart races, I wasn't be able to go through single corner, literally. With Renault Clio it is better, but still it is horrible, and for me unplayable. I heard that there are some cars, which are not affected by this trouble, and works fine, is it true? Can you recommend me some of them? Because I was waiting for this game so long, and I want to enjoy at least one single race without struggling with this controller issue.

HLR Joker
10-05-2015, 12:10
I have this hypersensitive issue too, I tried reinstall the game, I tried use another controller, I tried many and many setting options, but nothing worked. Playing this game with controller on Xbox One is impossible to me. When I tried 125cc kart races, I wasn't be able to go through single corner, literally. With Renault Clio it is better, but still it is horrible, and for me unplayable. I heard that there are some cars, which are not affected by this trouble, and works fine, is it true? Can you recommend me some of them? Because I was waiting for this game so long, and I want to enjoy at least one single race without struggling with this controller issue.

Seems most open wheeled cars are less traumatic.
Mark

DaRKoN_
10-05-2015, 12:11
Deleted the game, and did a complete reinstall by downloading it all again. No change, steering still super sensitive to the point of being undrivable.

HLR Joker
10-05-2015, 12:16
Deleted the game, and did a complete reinstall by downloading it all again. No change, steering still super sensitive to the point of being undrivable.

Delete again, do hard reset of your console
Reinstall and do nothing until 100% complete installation. Now turn console off and back on. May work. Clearing cache by hard reset helps.

Mark

RetroNooB
10-05-2015, 12:27
I just can't understand how this passed the testers. Did nobody test with a controller on XB1 before release? This risks damaging the reputation of both the developers and the game itself, which is a great shame. I've got my own workaround using a CronusMax to compensate for the bug, and the game is excellent, but someone needs to question who tested the XB1 version with a standard controller.

Cronusmax with g27 on xb1? If so does it allow 100% functionality of g27?

tarbat
10-05-2015, 12:30
Cronusmax with g27 on xb1? If so does it allow 100% functionality of g27?

No, CronusMax with XB360 Wireless SpeedWheel, which appears as a normal controller in pCARS.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/17260594640/

RetroNooB
10-05-2015, 13:05
No, CronusMax with XB360 Wireless SpeedWheel, which appears as a normal controller in pCARS.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/17260594640/

Ah ok cheers, got excited for a mo there :)

Sturio2
10-05-2015, 13:27
i had reinstalled the Game 2 times and even the patch after not between the install startet but it still 18.1 gb. but what i have registered was , that the loadingbar of the patch is standing at 1% percent for a few seconds and than it shoots up to 91% in a rush! maybe it helps to find the Problem anyway.

DeviR11
10-05-2015, 14:07
So i tried reinstall the game for second time, I delete even my save file and clear caches by hard reset. Nothing works, playing with controller is still nightmare because of sensitivity. So now I regret I spent my money for this, because I got game which is unplayable. And for me its unbelievable, there wasn't any alfa and beta testing on Xbox One? Yes, it is common, that there are some issues with games right after release date, but when it is racing game and you can't even turn properly, it is epic fail.

Psychomatrix
10-05-2015, 18:29
The same by me. The day one patch was very fast installed so i wonder how fast my connection can download 470 mb. Loadingbar jump by me too from 1 to 91 %. In reality i think that the day one patch is not correct installed. Ian Bell say it was a small minority with the issues. Here in germany everybody has the probs. People who play on twitch have the issues too. On youtube you can see videos with the issues. It everthing else but no small minority....it's a shame that the game came in this condition on the market....after all delays

Tortuosit
26-06-2015, 11:37
Definitely steering with XBox 360 (wireless) controller is not fun. I discussed it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439605295%0APs4
And lets say I set speed sensitivity to 100: Not much happens. No hypersensitive steering, but almost no steering at all. I set the value to 70 and steering at lower speeds was already as finicky as always. I assume this value simply defines a speed limit x, at speed>x controller steering input is multiplied by a value <1.
It's not fun. Even mouse steering is easier.