PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 setup help

MRM3RL1N
09-05-2015, 16:03
Hello everyone,

So i got my cheap wheel today, and all in all it has made a massive difference in the drivability of most cars. Apart from the over all niggles of a cheap-ish wheel (60) where the pedals are top heavy thus topple when you press the pedals with a bit of vigour, and the lack of any feedback to your hands it is a delightful little setup.

If any of the Dev's or wheel owners know how to get around the one issue that although small is affecting my straight line control; now this wheel operates with a bungie cord system, so when i turn the first few degrees either side of the wheel it is loose before the cord starts working fully. As this happens the steering is transmited to the game as an idiot on drugs twitching along the straight!! I have tried upping the deadzone a little bit to compensate for the minute play in the wheel. That works fine, but when i need to make small corrections i have to move the wheel more than what i really should have to, so what happens is in a nippy car (formula b+ and 250cc karts) it has a real tendency to spin.

Does anyone have any suggestions and if so it would be appreciated for some tips

Mike

Squirrel
09-05-2015, 19:06
Hi Mike I to picked up my 458 Ferrari spider wheel today and haven't changed a thing from the default and already knocking over a second of a lap doing brands hatch Indy. Have you changed the sensitivity of the when when switching on? How many tints does the white light flash

MRM3RL1N
09-05-2015, 19:14
Hi Squirrel, to be completely honest i may have overlooked the manual and plugged it in... when my partner lets me play the sim i shall have a look and post back, but as far as i am aware it is default and i agree with you, i found it hard to qualify against 60% AI now i am putting in some great times on the 90% skill level, but its that initial play in the the centre that is making it hard.

Will keep you posted

Loochst3r
09-05-2015, 19:15
Hi Mike I to picked up my 458 Ferrari spider wheel today and haven't changed a thing from the default and already knocking over a second of a lap doing brands hatch Indy. Have you changed the sensitivity of the when when switching on? How many tints does the white light flash

Good to hear it's working for you Squirrel.
I decided to go for it too and pick mine up tomorrow morning, so i'll keep an eye on this thread for any tips :)

Squirrel
09-05-2015, 20:36
If either of you want to add me my gamer tag is thebluegaloo

Loochst3r
09-05-2015, 20:55
If either of you want to add me my gamer tag is thebluegaloo

Just added you.
My GT is MrLoochie

Nickname85
10-05-2015, 22:40
I have the same wheel, did not change any settings. You can change the overall settings on the wheel itself from sensitive - to less sensitive, bij klicking the flippers (lb,rb) and y,b at the same time. The light next to xbox button will flicker 1,2,3 or 4 times.

i have the sensetivity on 1 (1 flash). It is great for most of the cars, i have to say that the karts where a bit thougher to get a good feel on it, because of the sensitivity of the karts itself...you could change it on the fly to 2 or 3 when in a kart...but thats personal preference.

Grtz

Loochst3r
12-05-2015, 04:03
How are you finding driving Formula A cars with this wheel?
With default settings, i'm finding them very twitchy to drive. All other cars seem fine.