PDA

View Full Version : Helmet cam

Magictap
09-05-2015, 16:17
Great release, loving it thanks. I am very surprised however, after never before being able to use helmet cam on any game previously......I have not left helmet cam in project cars since I started it up on my XB1!!!! Awesome job, even across cars. Helmet cam really is immersive. Not to much motion or too twitchy or to fast to react / look to apex.....just works IMHO.

One request, could we please have look left / right on XB1 as I can't see anyone I'm close racing with!!!

Keep it up.

techAU
10-05-2015, 14:16
Helmet cam is my favourite view. I knew it would be obscured more than the standard in-car view, but wanted to force myself to get used to it. Now that I have, I love it, it gets you a lot closer to the real driving experience the game aims for.

MajorMatty
10-05-2015, 14:36
Yeah I think its a great view to play the game on, I get torn between using this view or the cockpit cam. I love the way the helmet cam moves your POV towards the apex when entering a corner.

Toes 4u
10-05-2015, 14:37
You can assign the look left/right buttons in the button configuration settings.

Supaaafly
10-05-2015, 14:40
One request, could we please have look left / right on XB1 as I can't see anyone I'm close racing with!!!

Use helmet cam myself, and absoloutely love it, although I've removed the actual helmet, so I can easily see the dials from my field of view. You can look left and right by using the right analogue stick!

mDaro
10-05-2015, 21:20
Use helmet cam myself, and absoloutely love it, although I've removed the actual helmet, so I can easily see the dials from my field of view. You can look left and right by using the right analogue stick!

Is there an option to move the view forwards and backwards in the "in car" view?

Magictap
11-05-2015, 12:40
I use the Thrustmaster TX so no stick to look, also I could not reassign buttons on my TX ;O(

Player
12-05-2015, 11:46
Nevermind.

LUFC
12-05-2015, 12:17
I really like the helmet cam, works really well especially in formula rookie, which is where I am now. I really struggled with it with the karts, and I found it was much easier to control looking at the whole kart. Same with a couple of other cars too.

I sometimes find it easier to get to know a car with the car in full view, as I used to play on Forza, and them as I understand the car, I can switch to helmet cam for a much more precise race. So anyone struggling with controls of a certain car/track, try adjusting the view for a few laps, it certainly works for me.

Edit: also sometimes helps when switching to "bonnet view" especially when learning a new track.

Scottien
12-05-2015, 13:25
I love the helmet cam it's something that I've never seen before which is astonishing by how much of an immersive experience it gives you.

However on most cars I prefer racing with bumper cam as I can calculate apexes and braking points more accurately however with open wheel I prefer the helmet cam as it gives a better sense of direction (hard to explain).