PDA

View Full Version : Very basic stuff but why is steam downloading?

Too Tall
09-05-2015, 16:41
Hi,

Like the title says why when i have a physical copy of this game does steam want to download the whole game for me? I could of achieved that days ago through various sites (not that i support that kind of activity) but the question still stands. I must be doing something wrong to have the game download through steam but when i enter the first disc i only get an option to install steam nd that doesnt make sense since the 1st disc is credited with 7.82GB of data nd seems the only way to get anything happen since ive been into the disc files and found nothing to suggest there is a way to just install the game out right. Im currently sitting at 1 day 4 hours to install through my very slow internet connection. So is there a way for me to get the 2 discs installed without downloading?

Thanks

p.s ive tried both discs but they both dont seem to have an install file

Sankyo
09-05-2015, 16:47
I'm not sure what's exactly on the disc but regardless, after installation the game needs to download the Day-One Patch which is around 800 MB IIRC.

Too Tall
09-05-2015, 16:49
800mb would be fine thats about 3hrs download time IRL for me just the disc hasnt seemed to install anything apart from steam

rbl
09-05-2015, 16:51
I have no experience with the discs either, but try this
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5357-FSQM-0382