PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable

ToPTeL
09-05-2015, 16:47
With all the hype over the past couple of years of a cross platform racing sim to beat all others....fail
Why on earth is there so much attention to FFB..let the Wheel handle it. The ghosting in the bg is horrendous(for a PS4). Why not put the emphasis on the car itself as opposed to FFB!!!!!!!!
Fix it!!!

David McKenna
09-05-2015, 17:13
Totally playable..Best racing game on any console since Toca 3

YES I AM AUSSIE
09-05-2015, 23:50
With all the hype over the past couple of years of a cross platform racing sim to beat all others....fail
Why on earth is there so much attention to FFB..let the Wheel handle it. The ghosting in the bg is horrendous(for a PS4). Why not put the emphasis on the car itself as opposed to FFB!!!!!!!!
Fix it!!!

Yes the motion blur is soooooo annoying. On PC there is the option to turn it off. But regarding playability? I choose novice and all assists and auto gears. It's very drivable like this. But the so called pro settings physics are nothing like a real car would behave.

Roger Prynne
09-05-2015, 23:52
But the so called pro settings physics are nothing like a real car would behave.
Oh yes they are according to our RL race drivers.

YES I AM AUSSIE
09-05-2015, 23:57

Really? Then why does a ford focus just fly all over the place like a mad thing if i floor it from a standing start? I owned the same car in real life and it was very stable and controllable. Utter nonsensical physics engine for masochists when pro mode and no assists are selected.

Elmo
10-05-2015, 00:00

Indeed: PROJECT CARS DRIVER FEEDBACK COMPILATION (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-driver-feedback-compilation-available/)

Roger Prynne
10-05-2015, 00:04
Sorry, once again I'm responding to a PS4 thread... It's totally sublime on the PC.

Eric Bergeret
10-05-2015, 00:10
Really? Then why does a ford focus just fly all over the place like a mad thing if i floor it from a standing start? I owned the same car in real life and it was very stable and controllable. Utter nonsensical physics engine for masochists when pro mode and no assists are selected. most of the time we are going more faster than irl, but ingame before we notice how fast we go is not so simple if we have the wrong vievw"helmet is the one to really feel how fast you really go, i remove look to apex "pc option dunno if that exist on console".

YES I AM AUSSIE
10-05-2015, 00:14
Indeed: PROJECT CARS DRIVER FEEDBACK COMPILATION (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-driver-feedback-compilation-available/)

Well i've driven a ford focus around bathurst and it was no problem staying on the road. Tried it on project cars all assists off, could barely keep it straight. Assists on? Fabulous.

YES I AM AUSSIE
10-05-2015, 00:19
most of the time we are going more faster than irl, but ingame before we notice how fast we go is not so simple if we have the wrong vievw"helmet is the one to really feel how fast you really go, i remove look to apex "pc option dunno if that exist on console".

Well with all assists on this game is fab, i can actually drive an f1 car albeit 15-20 seconds off a real drivers time but i'd expect that even in real life. In gran turismo? Impossibly hard in an f1, like ridiculous. This project cars is excellent. I love it.

Padmod
10-05-2015, 00:41
Well i've driven a ford focus around bathurst and it was no problem staying on the road. Tried it on project cars all assists off, could barely keep it straight. Assists on? Fabulous.

What kind of driving aids does the focus come packaged with IRL? I imagine it at least has traction control and ABS. Did you turn those off on your track day? Were you going absolutely-flat-out-balls-to-the-wall-no-concern-for-your-own-mortality like a real racing driver? Sorry but one or two track days in a hot hatch or going fast in a straight line while no one is looking doesn't make you an expert. SMS recruited Ben Collins (The Stig) and Nicholas Hamilton to consult on the physics, I'm inclined to believe they know what they're talking about. Sorry if that came off as rude.

YES I AM AUSSIE
10-05-2015, 00:53
What kind of driving aids does the focus come packaged with IRL? I imagine it at least has traction control and ABS. Did you turn those off on your track day? Were you going absolutely-flat-out-balls-to-the-wall-no-concern-for-your-own-mortality like a real racing driver? Sorry but one or two track days in a hot hatch or going fast in a straight line while no one is looking doesn't make you an expert. SMS recruited Ben Collins (The Stig) and Nicholas Hamilton to consult on the physics, I'm inclined to believe they know what they're talking about. Sorry if that came off as rude.

No i just drive 8/10th's plenty fast enough and it was fine. If i have all assists on in project cars the car drives just as well. Assists off? Ridiculous and NOTHING like real life.

Padmod
10-05-2015, 01:00
No i just drive 8/10th's plenty fast enough and it was fine. If i have all assists on in project cars the car drives just as well. Assists off? Ridiculous and NOTHING like real life.

That's what I'm asking you. You said you had driven a Focus around Bathurst in real life. Did have the traction control off and ABS off in real life? Where you driving flat out, pushing the car to its absolute limit like a real racing driver? What tyres was the car on that day? What brakes? Factory spec or race spec? What was the track temperature that day? The air temperature? All these things affect how a car drives around a track. You can't just say 'oh it's unrealistic because I own one in real life'. In real life the majority of the time you stay below 60 kph. In real life your car is packaged with driving aids like traction control and ABS which have to be purposefully disabled.

What you're essentially saying is, because the focus (with assists off) doesn't resemble your experience, it MUST be unrealistic. But you're not considering the other factors involved, factors that Ben Collins and Nicholas Hamilton understand very well.

YES I AM AUSSIE
10-05-2015, 01:23
That's what I'm asking you. You said you had driven a Focus around Bathurst in real life. Did have the traction control off and ABS off in real life? Where you driving flat out, pushing the car to its absolute limit like a real racing driver? What tyres was the car on that day? What brakes? Factory spec or race spec? What was the track temperature that day? The air temperature? All these things affect how a car drives around a track. You can't just say 'oh it's unrealistic because I own one in real life'. In real life the majority of the time you stay below 60 kph. In real life your car is packaged with driving aids like traction control and ABS which have to be purposefully disabled.

What you're essentially saying is, because the focus (with assists off) doesn't resemble your experience, it MUST be unrealistic. But you're not considering the other factors involved, factors that Ben Collins and Nicholas Hamilton understand very well.

No with assists off it's MUCH MUCH more out of control. Very artificial.

Umer Ahmad
10-05-2015, 01:46
Under what conditions are you losing control? The cars respond well to setup changes so you be just a couple minir adjustments from a nice neutral setup. Personally i do find some of thr default setups oversteery or dangerous but adjusting he brakes and making the differentials clears 80% of the issues for me.

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 02:36
Really? Then why does a ford focus just fly all over the place like a mad thing if i floor it from a standing start? I owned the same car in real life and it was very stable and controllable. Utter nonsensical physics engine for masochists when pro mode and no assists are selected.

Do you drive a Ford Focus using a PS4 pad?

bandidoFPS
10-05-2015, 03:13
most of the time we are going more faster than irl, but ingame before we notice how fast we go is not so simple if we have the wrong vievw"helmet is the one to really feel how fast you really go, i remove look to apex "pc option dunno if that exist on console".

U have one option to feel the velocity and adjust the way u want

TenthDan
10-05-2015, 03:30
No with assists off it's MUCH MUCH more out of control. Very artificial.

For clarification: Was it the RS you drove in real life?

In game with assists off did you drive 8/10 or were you pushing 10/10?

Were you in time trial or free practice?

Also, in real life you likely only went 5/6 out of 10 for the first lap or so, did you 'work your way up to speed' in game too?

Finally, the in-game setup could be different to real life in some ways, so search to see if someone has posted an OEM setup to configure in game and see how that goes :)

Forbiddenracer
10-05-2015, 06:31
I think you will find the RS much like my ST 220 comes with traction control, ESP electronic stability pack and ABS all switched on as standard...and the only one you can switch off is the ESP....so yes if you turn all assists off its going to be a handful compared to the real car...where they account for real like and don't let you switch them off to keep you on the road!
I find most of the cars very drive able....even the tail happy Zak speed Capri!!!!

SL1DE
10-05-2015, 07:31
Fix it!!!

Hey, it's not the game's fault that you suck.

umadbro?

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 07:40
In fairness, the game is pretty much unplayable with my Fanatec wheel, there are a shocking amount of bugs present.
How was the game allowed to ship like this?

hkraft300
11-05-2015, 09:53

umadbro?

Tell 'em! xD

LeoFric
11-05-2015, 10:02
Realism is more than fine.

Patch is on it's way I hope...
Best test is happening now...

Sankyo
11-05-2015, 10:04

umadbro?

We really don't need this type of personal attacks in here, it doesn't help nor solve anything. Please stick to facts and helping each other.

SL1DE
11-05-2015, 10:20
We really don't need this type of personal attacks in here, it doesn't help nor solve anything. Please stick to facts and helping each other.

I think we do need it, somebody needs to motivate him to keep practising!

Ok, I get it, this is not a place for sarcasm and fun. Sorry Super Moderator sir. :rolleyes:

TenthDan
11-05-2015, 11:05
I think we do need it, somebody needs to motivate him to keep practising!

Ok, I get it, this is not a place for sarcasm and fun. Sorry Super Moderator sir. :rolleyes:

It's not clear at all from your post that you were being sarcastic. If it's to be humorous, make sure it's quite obvious.

SL1DE
11-05-2015, 11:21
It's not clear at all from your post that you were being sarcastic. If it's to be humorous, make sure it's quite obvious.

It is very difficult to make such a thing clear via text, unless you type "/sarcasm" at the end, but I feel that makes it way too obvious that I'm somewhat trolling/being sarcastic.

But I was not being fully sarcastic. It was half serious, saying that he needs to practise more (but in a mean kind of way, which will motivate him to think "I'll show ye!").

He just sucks and needs to practise to gain skill within the game, that's a fact. We all suck at new games in the beginning, but as we play and progress, we get better.

But you'll learn that about me, half of the time I am being somewhat sarcastic... I'll probably be banned by the end of the week, I am a playful character and this forum seems too uptight and serious for me at the moment.

timaloy67
11-05-2015, 11:54
Its tough for sure, and the handling can be unforgiving but certainly wouldn't say its unplayable.

For now i am using the joy pad and i don't have any issues with it (no assists), although i did have to play about with the steering sensitivity settings in the beginning to find what was most comfortable for my liking.

It may just take time for some to adjust to the handling.

Scaff
11-05-2015, 13:05
I'm interested to know how someone took part in a track day at Bathurst and drove an RS at 8/10ths?

I only ask as Bathurst is partly public road and only full closed for races (which are not track days) and while it is open to the public it does still get policed.

"As a public road, on non-race days and when it is not closed off during the day as part of a racing event, Mount Panorama is open to the public. Cars can drive in both directions around the circuit for no charge. However, a strict speed limit of 60 km/h (37 mph) is enforced, and police regularly patrol the circuit."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Panorama_Circuit

The number of track days they are open for a year are limited and expensive (for an average track day), so if you have some pictures to share that would be great.

Hobbsy
11-05-2015, 14:05
I'm interested to know how someone took part in a track day at Bathurst and drove an RS at 8/10ths?

I only ask as Bathurst is partly public road and only full closed for races (which are not track days) and while it is open to the public it does still get policed.

"As a public road, on non-race days and when it is not closed off during the day as part of a racing event, Mount Panorama is open to the public. Cars can drive in both directions around the circuit for no charge. However, a strict speed limit of 60 km/h (37 mph) is enforced, and police regularly patrol the circuit."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Panorama_Circuit

The number of track days they are open for a year are limited and expensive (for an average track day), so if you have some pictures to share that would be great.

That's a very good point, I personally would like to know if this person was using a wheel or pad, and if a wheel which one?
add to this that others have tried to understand just how he was running in real life vs the game, and some of those questions have gone un-answered thus far, i would tend to feel there is liitle more mileage in his argument!

Me personally I was driving the RS around the ring recently (with a wheel - T500), and felt it to be within my expectations of the car. Furthermore to back up my judgement, i previously owned a Focus ST225 which although not the same car is close enough for me to get an idea!l

Revvin
11-05-2015, 14:18
Strange, I've been playing the PC, PS4 and XBOX version this weekend and had a lot of fun. I've mainly been playing the PS4 version with a few friends who also think its a great game. I must be lucky because I'm not experiencing any of the issues I've seen posted apart from the XBOX controller being a bit erratic which was solved by altering the dead zone in the options menu. Online its been rock solid and easy to race within inches of each other with no lag and nice smooth frame rates. This game really gives Polyphony and turn 10 something to worry about, the bar was raised with PCars.