PDA

View Full Version : [Real life gear ratios] Infinite variable gearbox

The Mango Kid
09-05-2015, 17:00
Hi,

everytime I setup my gearbox, save the changes and try to drive, some gears switch so default position.
For example: I'm driving in Zuhai and try do shorten the gears, they jump back to certain points. The 2nd and 3rd gear jump to 2,13 for example.
Is there such thing like an infinite variable gearbox to setup the car I want to?

Thanks

Mango Kid

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 17:02
Hi,

everytime I setup my gearbox, save the changes and try to drive, some gears switch so default position.
For example: I'm driving in Zuhai and try do shorten the gears, they jump back to certain points. The 2nd and 3rd gear jump to 2,13 for example.
Is there such thing like an infinite variable gearbox to setup the car I want to?

Thanks

Mango Kid

Which car are you racing in? GT3?

What you will find is the often the GT3 cars can't have their individual gears changed but only their final. The behaviour your describing sounds to be matching this. You will find that other cars however can have more customization in their gearing, each gear can be altered plus the final.

Pete

The Mango Kid
10-05-2015, 20:53
I was driving the SLS GT3. Had the same with the M3 before. That is pretty strange. I want to customize every gearbox.

Thank you for answering and explaining.

Hope they will fix that. It's kind of disturbing

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 21:15
I was driving the SLS GT3. Had the same with the M3 before. That is pretty strange. I want to customize every gearbox.

Thank you for answering and explaining.

Hope they will fix that. It's kind of disturbing

It won't be fixed as its not a bug. The GT3 cars match real world setups and racing regulations. You will often find that gear ratios are locked due to homologation rules for a given series. If the real world drivers have to suffer so should we :p

Pete

The Mango Kid
11-05-2015, 13:08
If the real world drivers have to suffer so should we :p

Never thought about that. Thanks for the information

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 13:10
Never thought about that. Thanks for the information

No problem. I'm aware its frustrating, just manage what its like for two GT3 drivers going the down Döttinger Höhe trying to out race each other :)

Pete