PDA

View Full Version : request leaderboards for each car

xXDxandxBXx
09-05-2015, 17:28
Hi can we have leaderboards for each car because at the momment it is pointless to hotlap others apart from the fastest car due to the inbalance of the classes.

Patrick Kulinski
09-05-2015, 17:44
Is that about console leaderboards? IIRC there were platform related reasons why individual vehicle leaderboards can't be created. The chance for a workaround would be sorting the leaderboards in another way, but it was decided that we go with the classes.

xXDxandxBXx
09-05-2015, 17:48
yes platform related but this would give the game more replay value for the people that like to hotlap or mix the classes up so that cars can compete with each other because at the moment that area of the game will dry up fast

Patrick Kulinski
09-05-2015, 18:00
Gotcha, for us it wasn't great to hear that, too. The difference between the consoles and the PC leaderboards is that SMS has a server running which is hosting the leaderboards for PC and therefore has complete freedom which leaderboards are created (=all). For the consoles we're dependent on external means.

I'm sorry, but the only means to compare yourself with others is using the fastest cars (I know it sounds stupid, but that's what it is) and in the hosted events.

flymar
09-05-2015, 18:02
There isn't Vehicle record tab in TT when you choose ghost on consoles?

IobaZZi58
09-05-2015, 18:09
Maybe classes could be made smaller. So cars are more competitive to each other? Like a class for the old group a touringcars? The same for the open wheeled cars.

xXDxandxBXx
09-05-2015, 18:16
its just a shame because the dominant car in the touring category is the merc amg c coupe which is limited edition then the people that dont have limited edition will not have the chance to compete on those leaderboards because the other cars in those classes are to slow to even compete.

Jim sublime5446
10-05-2015, 08:15
The leaderboards are not diverse enough, you cant have Formula C times on the same leaderboard as Formula A, nor can you have GT5 on the same leaderboard as GT3, you have gone to great lengths to create many vehicle categories of cars such as FA and FB so do it for the leaderboards. When playing online you have to choose a category of cars such as GT3 and everyone in that lobby must race in GT3 cars to keep the racing competitive so it does not make sense for the leaderboards to be set up differently. People may want to only concentrate on Formula B cars but their times will never be high on the leaderboards because the Formula A times will always be faster, this for me has already destroyed much of the replayability of the game. Im sure if Forza Motorsport can nail this there should be no excuse for Project CARS we dont need a leaderboard for each car just the vehicle category.

Cliffyboy1962
10-05-2015, 08:19
Gotcha, for us it wasn't great to hear that, too. The difference between the consoles and the PC leaderboards is that SMS has a server running which is hosting the leaderboards for PC and therefore has complete freedom which leaderboards are created (=all). For the consoles we're dependent on external means.

I'm sorry, but the only means to compare yourself with others is using the fastest cars (I know it sounds stupid, but that's what it is) and in the hosted events.

If turn 10 can do it with Forza, then can you explain again why SMS can't do it ? Not being rude, but just didn't understand your explanation.

Arkymedes
10-05-2015, 08:50
The leaderboards are not diverse enough, you cant have Formula C times on the same leaderboard as Formula A, nor can you have GT5 on the same leaderboard as GT3, you have gone to great lengths to create many vehicle categories of cars such as FA and FB so do it for the leaderboards. When playing online you have to choose a category of cars such as GT3 and everyone in that lobby must race in GT3 cars to keep the racing competitive so it does not make sense for the leaderboards to be set up differently. People may want to only concentrate on Formula B cars but their times will never be high on the leaderboards because the Formula A times will always be faster, this for me has already destroyed much of the replayability of the game. Im sure if Forza Motorsport can nail this there should be no excuse for Project CARS we dont need a leaderboard for each car just the vehicle category.

^ what he said! :D

Neil Hopwood
10-05-2015, 08:58
If turn 10 can do it with Forza, then can you explain again why SMS can't do it ? Not being rude, but just didn't understand your explanation.

Just a guess but the fact turn 10 is owned by Microsoft might have something to do with it

JughedJones
10-05-2015, 09:11
I agree that there should be a leaderboard for each car, on each track, that shows what assists are on/off, if the lap time was valid, and what gear you're using.

Assetto Corsa didn't have one either, then someone made one.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/

Is this kind of thing possible here? It's pretty much a must have app with AC. It adds a very rich dynamic.

Edit: I certainly don't want to come off as one of those guys who constantly says "Blarghh.. this game has this thing... why doesn't PCars!!!?" Just asking if the community could take care of this one.

DozUK
10-05-2015, 11:57
This is a good request, I set the 5th fastest lap in a Clio yesterday but the domineering car on the track was a merc. I then set a faster lap with the merc but my Clio time has been lost. As it stands it pointless playing time trial with anything other than the domineering car from the class. I like to push all cars in a class and keep my fastest time for each one. I'm a ps4 player

Ripgroove
10-05-2015, 12:09
Hang on, we talking consoles here? because on PC the Time Trials (Hot Laps) have different boards for each car already.

Rob Prange
10-05-2015, 12:12
Moved to Feature Suggestions forum.

DozUK
10-05-2015, 12:34
Hang on, we talking consoles here? because on PC the Time Trials (Hot Laps) have different boards for each car already.

Yes, console leaderboards are by track by class. Absolutely pointless running a TT on any car bar best in class as you can only have one lap per user Id on leaderboard

Edh
10-05-2015, 12:48
I haven't looked into the leaderboards yet so that's disappointing to read. I did notice in career after a race there isn't any times being saved or view online leaderboard option to select.

Along with the ghosting, rubbish controller support and now basic leaderboards it doesn't look like I'll be playing this for long.

The console versions seem more and more as an afterthought. Oh well.

fero
11-05-2015, 07:04

DriveClub has such leaderboards on PS4 too, but guess it's something completely different with exclusive games. I would love to understand this better too.
Anyway, I hope you reconsider this and investigate the possibilities again. It would be really great to have some filter options (by car, by category, only friends) for the leaderboards.

talby71
11-05-2015, 08:34
i was hoping there would be leaderboards that could be sorted between worldwide and friends ( On the Xbox One )
or even clubs with leaderboards there too

DozUK
11-05-2015, 09:21

This is a game breaker for me, completely renders all the work put into the modelling and handling of these cars useless. You may as well just have one car in each class as no one will waste any time taming and mastering the slower cars in a class if that time goes unrecorded/unrewarded.

All the good things put into this great game is wiped out by something as simple as this, crazy.

I love the game, but pretty much every racing game I've played have these simple things as standard, reason being they're crucial for replay ability. Driveclub has excellent leaderboards, so it most certainly can be done on Sony's network.

Barrybarfly
11-05-2015, 14:16
The consoles are limited to a certain number of leaderboards basically. So sorting by car uses up more allocation, thereby limiting how many cars can be included as content over the life of the game. Hence forza using classes to sort instead of cars, the same as Pcars. PC obviously dont have this limitation and can have as many filters as they want.

As a random example, max of 100 lbs = max of 100 cars. Unless sorted by class, then = max of 100 classes.

choupolo
11-05-2015, 14:44
+1 for the request in this title for PS4.

I love nothing more than to try to max out my laptime for a car and see how others compared in the same car. At the moment I'm time trialling the Ginetta G40.

It's possible, but it involves going to the GT leaderboard and scrolling down to the bottom via several screens and manually picking out others in the G40.

I can't be impossible to have an in-game post-filter can it?

Bobbydakid
11-05-2015, 19:28
+ 1 Totally agree with this, really wish the leaderboards were sorted by individual cars rather than classes. Adds so much more replayability to the game and gives you another reason to try all the cars. Project Cars has so many amazing cars and it would be awesome to compare your lap times to others for all cars. Having all the Formula cars in one category and all the GT cars in one category is a shame.

Even Forza does not do this right as each leaderboard is dominated by the same cars.

g33k hack3rs
11-05-2015, 19:56

I totally agree with this sentiment. I would prefer leaderboard by class rather than car. If we can have it by class and then sortable by car that would be great but at least give us a leaderboard for each class.

Flanimal
11-05-2015, 21:25
This is crazy!!! All car times lumped together for each track. I'm sorry, but I think it's a bit lazy on the developers side. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to include this at a later date...

DozUK
12-05-2015, 09:05
The consoles are limited to a certain number of leaderboards basically. So sorting by car uses up more allocation, thereby limiting how many cars can be included as content over the life of the game. Hence forza using classes to sort instead of cars, the same as Pcars. PC obviously dont have this limitation and can have as many filters as they want.

As a random example, max of 100 lbs = max of 100 cars. Unless sorted by class, then = max of 100 classes.

Take a look at Driveclub, excellent leaderboards. So many of them, all filtered by car, track and friends. Easily accessible from most events, even shows you the top 20 from each event before you start it. This is a console game so it can be done.

Barrybarfly
13-05-2015, 10:39
It can, but there is a limit. Tracks x cars. Pcars has more tracks and plans to add cars. So long term it must be that the total is prohibitive, otherwise consoles would have as many filters as the pc versions has had. It is what it is. Obviously, I would also love unlimited fpiltering options. But its just not possible on consoles at the moment at least.

Examples:

Driveclub 70 tracks x 100 cars = 7000 leaderboards.
Forza 4 90 tracks x 500 cars = 45000 leaderboards.

DozUK
13-05-2015, 13:29
It can, but there is a limit. Tracks x cars. Pcars has more tracks and plans to add cars. So long term it must be that the total is prohibitive, otherwise consoles would have as many filters as the pc versions has had. It is what it is. Obviously, I would also love unlimited fpiltering options. But its just not possible on consoles at the moment at least.

Examples:

Driveclub 70 tracks x 100 cars = 7000 leaderboards.
Forza 4 90 tracks x 500 cars = 45000 leaderboards.

I don't think there is much difference between Driveclubs track x car ratio and Pcars at the moment and Driveclub is still adding cars and tracks (Car packs monthly). Their leader boards are excellent, very accessible and easily sorted.

It's actually a big thing, it really is. Most of my fun is gained by mastering a car and setting a time I can compare against others and friends using the same vehicle. I for one will not bother putting any time into doing this for any car other than best in class, I'm not going to sink hours into this when I'll lose my time in that car as soon as I set a faster one in a different car (Same class). This is a real shame, because that's what why I play these games.

Mike_Alan
16-05-2015, 07:28
driveclub has leaderboards for each individual car

Mike_Alan
16-05-2015, 07:29
..so sms has no excuse!!

Barrybarfly
16-05-2015, 12:56
Clearly you didn't read my post explaining the issue.....

Sp4mD4gger
16-05-2015, 14:33
Is that about console leaderboards? IIRC there were platform related reasons why individual vehicle leaderboards can't be created. The chance for a workaround would be sorting the leaderboards in another way, but it was decided that we go with the classes.

We have 26 community event leaderboards, 84 time trial leaderboards and 65 cars (basic install),plus 3 in modified car pack, 5 in limited edition car pack and the lykan, so now we got 74.
74x84=6216 leaderboards, collecting data and replays 24 hours a day, then add ons have to be taken into account, let's say 4 tracks and 10 cars in the coming 12 months. So that's now 78x94=7332.
And the community server has to to be taken into account so, 7332+26=7358.
Thats how many leaderboards some people are asking for, good heavens!

If we have one leaderboard per track, and every car in the game can set a time in it, we need 26 for community events, and 84 (1 per track), so thats 110 leaderboards. This is what Forza4 had (and more). Sorry people it cannot be done, sometime maybe.
It's all down to the data through port capacity of the server, this governs what we see as leaderboard results, if it has not got the muscle, it can't lift the data.

Regardless, we cannot post times for certain cars on certain tracks, ie 250cc go cart on some tracks, afraid it shortens longevity of the game, as the player will never know their standing on the leaderboard, just beat the ai, and that's it.

I am not having a dig at the WMD staff, just tring to illustrate a perspective.

Barrybarfly
16-05-2015, 18:47
We have 26 community event leaderboards, 84 time trial leaderboards and 65 cars (basic install),plus 3 in modified car pack, 5 in limited edition car pack and the lykan, so now we got 74.
74x84=6216 leaderboards, collecting data and replays 24 hours a day, then add ons have to be taken into account, let's say 4 tracks and 10 cars in the coming 12 months. So that's now 78x94=7332.
And the community server has to to be taken into account so, 7332+26=7358.
Thats how many leaderboards some people are asking for, good heavens!

If we have one leaderboard per track, and every car in the game can set a time in it, we need 26 for community events, and 84 (1 per track), so thats 110 leaderboards. This is what Forza4 had (and more). Sorry people it cannot be done, sometime maybe.
It's all down to the data through port capacity of the server, this governs what we see as leaderboard results, if it has not got the muscle, it can't lift the data.

Regardless, we cannot post times for certain cars on certain tracks, ie 250cc go cart on some tracks, afraid it shortens longevity of the game, as the player will never know their standing on the leaderboard, just beat the ai, and that's it.

I am not having a dig at the WMD staff, just tring to illustrate a perspective.

Exactly what I have said. In an ideal world it would be possible to have a leaderboard for each car. Its not an ideal world.

madmax2069
16-05-2015, 19:18
Its actually as easy as them including a filter to filter out cars that are not what youre driving, it wouldn't require any extra data being transmitted from the client to the server.

Barrybarfly
16-05-2015, 20:24
Its actually as easy as them including a filter to filter out cars that are not what youre driving, it wouldn't require any extra data being transmitted from the client to the server.

It still needs the time for each car to be recorded though before it can be filtered.

EMW Simmo
16-05-2015, 21:17
:confused:We are not asking for everycar n everytrack , but only 6 classes is embarrassing, 80 cars n 74 are useless...at least break the cars up into similar lap times/performance lol.
Even 10 or 12 classes would be a good starting point.
And another point, what is going on with the track limits on the Lbs, its a absolute joke, at least 50% of the tracks can be cut on numerous corners, saving on some tracks upwards of 5 secs lol, its a cheaters paradise, how hard can it be to put an invisible line around the edge of the tracks, cross over with more than 3 wheels n the lap is dirty/invalid....n Sms are giving prizes out to the community for driving around Monza etc, when people are straightlining the chicanes or cutting corners/grass....Im telling you if they dont fix the car classes/leaderboards/track limits, this game will fade away faster than it arrived fact.
And that would be a shame, because P cars has the potential to be the best racer, but at the minute thats all it is potential.

Sp4mD4gger
17-05-2015, 04:10
:confused:We are not asking for everycar n everytrack , but only 6 classes is embarrassing, 80 cars n 74 are useless...at least break the cars up into similar lap times/performance lol.
Even 10 or 12 classes would be a good starting point.
And another point, what is going on with the track limits on the Lbs, its a absolute joke, at least 50% of the tracks can be cut on numerous corners, saving on some tracks upwards of 5 secs lol, its a cheaters paradise, how hard can it be to put an invisible line around the edge of the tracks, cross over with more than 3 wheels n the lap is dirty/invalid....n Sms are giving prizes out to the community for driving around Monza etc, when people are straightlining the chicanes or cutting corners/grass....Im telling you if they dont fix the car classes/leaderboards/track limits, this game will fade away faster than it arrived fact.
And that would be a shame, because P cars has the potential to be the best racer, but at the minute thats all it is potential.
Totally agree, and the exploit of kerbs has got the WMD staffs attention.http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25115-Chicanes-Too-easy