PDA

View Full Version : Mad Catz Pro Racing Force Feedback Calibration Settings

preet
09-05-2015, 17:31
Dear all,

Bought a mad catz pro racing wheel last week - works great on forza horizon 2 demo as I just wanted to try it out before project cars came out yesterday.

Unfortunately due to the complexity of the calibration settings found on project cars, I just can't get it set up properly to make me feel like I'm driving the car! Not only do there seem to be generic calibration settings, but also Force Feedback settings for the car itself before the race starts!!

Can someone please help me who has project cars, a mad catz pro racing for xbox one and has set it up to make you the force feedback work properly?!

I have been so excited for this game since it was announced and it's been so frustrating not being able to enjoy it properly.

I found a video on youtube (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrDw5t932tc) for the thrustmaster tx settings which I copied to see if it would help and it just made the wheel really weak with no force feedback so doesn't feel like you're connected to the road at all.

Really hope someone can help me!

Raz1975
10-05-2015, 10:33
I also have the mad catz wheel.
I have made very little adjustment from default.

Key ones I have changed or I feel may help if you don't already have set at this value

Dead zone for steering, accelerator and brake are all
=0
I have the throttle and brake sensitivity at 75

With the car adjustment of FFB I have the master scale at 30 you may find this a little too much though.
Other than that I have adjusted nothing but intend to make tweaks over time.

This might not help for now but as I refine mine to suit me I could let you know

I did have an issue with my wheel losing FFB.
I found upon removal of the rear cover on wheel I had a loose connection. Since rectifying this the FFB has felt much better stronger and more realistic.

preet
10-05-2015, 20:57
I also have the mad catz wheel.
I have made very little adjustment from default.

Key ones I have changed or I feel may help if you don't already have set at this value

Dead zone for steering, accelerator and brake are all
=0
I have the throttle and brake sensitivity at 75

With the car adjustment of FFB I have the master scale at 30 you may find this a little too much though.
Other than that I have adjusted nothing but intend to make tweaks over time.

This might not help for now but as I refine mine to suit me I could let you know

I did have an issue with my wheel losing FFB.
I found upon removal of the rear cover on wheel I had a loose connection. Since rectifying this the FFB has felt much better stronger and more realistic.

Thanks man! Bit happier with the game but still not feeling it as much as I thought I would - maybe was just the hype leading to it :)

Headhunter91
10-05-2015, 22:06
I have just purchased the mad catz wheel too. I turned all the dead zones to 0 too. Iv noticed some cars give you great feedback then some give you hardly nothing. Did a Clio cup race and you could feel everything and was pretty fun then jumped into a formula B and there was nothing hardly at all.

Projectmanager
10-05-2015, 22:13
Hi,I've had the madcatz xb1 wheel when it first came on the market,so quite used to it now,I was dreading calibrating it to this game,but found it surprisingly easy,I went into control and set up,bottom of the screen..calibrate wheel,I simply followed the instructions,done in 30 seconds,I suppose if at first you don't succeed try again,on project cars website it goes through with you regarding also force feedback,hope this helps,ime no expert,
But saying all this,since sorting all this out,not had to change anything else,drive as it is,
Good luck,,,,russ

jdasenbrock
12-05-2015, 13:50
Finally was able to fire up PCars with my MadCatz last night at 11pm ct, here in the US. Didn't make any drastic changes from defaults after calibration. Braking seemed a bit soft, so I upped the sensitivity to 75 as Raz1975 did. No changes to FFB settings. Seems to work quite well and, to me, feels much more realistic than Forza.

jdasenbrock
12-05-2015, 15:44
Just saw this...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24167-mad-catz-pro-racing-wheel-users