PDA

View Full Version : No Pre-Order Content Included.

P46EY
09-05-2015, 17:44
Hi guys, wasnt sure where else to post this but after pre-ordering the Standard Edition from GAME (UK) via the link on the Project Cars website http://www.projectcarsgame/preorder.html I was lead to believe Id be getting the modified car pack as a perk for pre-ordering. When the game arrived there were no codes giving access to the extra content and when I checked in game I dont have access to the extra cars. Ive contacted Game themselves via their Twitter and they are trying to say the only edition that came with extra content were the Limited Edition and Digital versions... Obviously this was not what was advertised on your website. Had this been the case I wouldnt have bothered pre-ordering and waiting for the disc to arrive at 3pm.. I would have just got up early and picked up a copy myself. Any idea how I go about getting the modified car pack as to be fair its on the website and despite it being a great game I do feel slightly conned into pre-ordering now as all it did was delay me being able to play the game.

LtDuder
09-05-2015, 19:09
Snap same here dude, I was even told by the store assistants when I preordered it that yep the standard edition comes with the preorder modified car pack. Now the games out they are back peddling faster then Russell Brand after this election!

marcusd666
09-05-2015, 21:09
Same here pre-ordered from game no modified car pack code. TBH its the last time I am pre-ordering from game no discount like online and no bonus content. So it will be either amazon or the PS Store.

Stewpot
10-05-2015, 11:03
I had the same problem,was told if I pre order I would get the extra dlc (I was actually told I was pre ordering the limited edition, but when I got there it was the standard one) even when I had a live chat I was told it was for the Limited edition only. Either go back to store to see what they will do or do the Live chat and ask to speak to someone, they eventually gave me the code do download the dlc.
sound like GAME have either miss informed there staff about the dlc or are just being forgetful

Do not go in ranting and raving it does not help, you will just hit a brick wall, If you just stay calm it normal will get further, I work in retail and if someone is shouting the odds at the top of their voice, they get nowhere quick and just look stupid

Pirategenius
10-05-2015, 11:13
Only Amazon had the modified car pack. Game had the limited edition, which was sold out on PS4 in October.

rSp8
10-05-2015, 11:14
Only Amazon had the modified car pack. Game had the limited edition, which was sold out on PS4 in October.

Yeah, I was under the impression that only Amazon had the pre-order cars as well.

Stewpot
10-05-2015, 13:23
After complaining to game Web chat and some one ringing me back they gave me the dlc code to download, I was told when I collected the game I would get the modified pack, so again I think the staff at game have been miss informed

LtDuder
10-05-2015, 13:55
After complaining to game Web chat and some one ringing me back they gave me the dlc code to download, I was told when I collected the game I would get the modified pack, so again I think the staff at game have been miss informed
Well that's good to know because I'm in the same boat as you and Ive just received this email from Game....

"Hi Alex,

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry about this, it certainly is not the experience we would expect anybody to receive in a GAME store. We have passed your concerns to our retail team, so they are aware of what happened and can take any further action necessary to make sure this does not happen again.

We are always concerned to hear of any complaint and welcome feedback from our customers, we could not continue to improve our service without it. Once again, we are sorry your experience with us was not a happy one on this occasion.

I am afraid the pre order bonus code is for the Limited Edition copy only the standard edition purchased from GAME did no come with this pre order bonus.

We do hope you will give us another chance in the future to look after you better.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us."
so should i fire an email back?

Stewpot
10-05-2015, 14:56
you could do, or do the web chat thing like I did. It did take over an hour for me to sort out, but it is worth a shot, and stick to your guns that you were told you would get it, as why would you pre order it in store, if you were not to get anything, I went on to say if I knew I was just getting the standard game I would of got else where cheaper ([url]http://www.base.com/buy/product/project-cars-ps4/dgc-procarps4.htm?gclid=CMuri5q2t8UCFYrJtAodvgQAjA[/url and from the PS4 store you would of got the limited edition and the modified pack for 45) and not pay 50

with me I asked the person I was chatting to if I could speak to someone higher, or to get them to call me, as I was totally miss-sold in the store, and in the end I got the code for the modified pack and the limited edition cars