PDA

View Full Version : Good Game, but something is missing

Teruk0801
09-05-2015, 17:49
First my E-nglish is not the Best, but i do my best.

The Game is not bad, Cars, Weather, Tracks and the Races very good.

But i miss a Story. I dont mean another illeagel driver you wants to Save the World. no, please not. But why can i not build a own Team. As Exampel, in the First Season, i earn Money, so that i can buy in the Second Season my First own Car, to build an own Team. If i want a Teammade, i have to buy a Second car for him and can choose between diffrent Ai-Drivers. If i want to drive in a higher Class, i have to buy a Car for that Class too. For my old Cars in the lower Classes, i can get a second AI-Driver. the Drivers cost money, but the Team earns Money over the Races. So i can build over many Season a big Team which has Cars in every Raceclass.

As i said i love the Races, but a good motivation is missing. Now the Game is out and its too late for that. I can only talk for me and for other Players, but if ther was a DLC with a good career mode, i will buy it.

Ok, thats all what i want to say right now. Sorry again for my Bad english.

theredshore
09-05-2015, 18:06
your English is easy enough to understand and i agree with your post, the thing i most loved about GRID is being able to create your own team, i would love the chance to compete to become the best team in the game but its still a great game

0zzy94
09-05-2015, 18:17
Racing drivers do not own their cars. They do, however, fight and scrap for sponsorship to drive in new series. I do wish this was explored a bit more.

As for team building, I don't think that should be the centre of the game - it is a sim driving game, not a team building one. However, I would have enjoyed an option to add a team-based element (buy cars, running costs, licensing for races, other costs etc) once you've completed the zero-to-hero. Allowing you to choose where you'd like to open your team (which series) whether or not to expand to certain series, who the drivers are and in which series you'll be racing for your team (if you have a FA, FB and F Rookie teams you cant race for all of them). I never expected this though.

Teruk0801
09-05-2015, 19:38
yes i agree, Racedirvers dont own there Team, but they have a Goal, to earn much money. This Goal is missing in a Game. Second i dont want to drive in all Classes. if a new Seasons Starts i take a class and have to stay there in that Seasons, all other cars can be driven by AI-Drivers.

dave_arnett
09-05-2015, 20:13
Why can't it be a Sim and a Team building racer? Why are limitations put on games like this at all. I don't think fleshing out the team side of it would have been much more of an effort.

Sankyo
09-05-2015, 20:21
Why can't it be a Sim and a Team building racer? Why are limitations put on games like this at all. I don't think fleshing out the team side of it would have been much more of an effort.
And I think that you're way too optimistic about that ;) Especially when taking about an indie developer with limited money and manpowe.

Joris GvK
09-05-2015, 20:23
Well for one you have to finish the game at some point with the resources you have available. And if you keep adding new elements like the whole a team managing part (which takes a lot of time to develop) the game won't ever be finished.

Roger Prynne
09-05-2015, 22:30
Yeah that would take a lot of work and not necessary for a sim.

Andjem
09-05-2015, 22:32
one of the big selling points of pCars is the sandbox style career mode, I hear Forza and GRID cater nicely for that type of gameplay!

twcom
10-05-2015, 00:11
You pick a track and learn it and drive it smoother.
You pick a car and fine tune it and drive it faster.
This corner, this lap this, this race, how good can I be.
No money, no team, no game... just me and this machine, right here right now....

ProjectCars
Sim Racing No end in sight.

after all you've got some 12 year old shoes to fill

twcom
nr2003 4 life
with a side order of ProjectCars to go

Damoratis
10-05-2015, 05:42
Racing drivers do not own their cars. Tony Stewart and Dale Earnhardt would like to have a word with you. Those two drivers had/have their own teams in Nascar. Tony Stewart has Stewart-Haas racing and Earnhardt had Dale Earnhardt Incorporated which he drove for till the time of his death in 2001.

Juho Turunen
10-05-2015, 05:51
I liked the way first GRID did the career system. You won races, got sponsors and so on. The single player mode is kinda pointless (just being honest) as you can just make quick race of your own. Any kind of. But i guess it needs to be there. Just wished there would be more sensation of advancement and moving forwards. I really felt nothing when i won the first kart championsships and got new contract offer. I still think the career mode should've been locked and forces you to start from bottom because if yuo want to drive other cars, you can always make a custom race.