PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 steering/control issues

Joep
09-05-2015, 18:00
Hi all,
Does anyone know if theres gonna be an update for the following bugs soon:
- car suddenly Goes extreme left or right, while trying to go straight.
- cant change my control settings because the system wont let me save it (saying that i havent assigned all functions... Yet there is a limited amount of buttons.

And preferably, when updating anyway, add Some 'feel' to the steering.
After loads of years of fun with multiple Forza, multiple gran turismos, F1 games, pgr.. This game has managed to kill all the fun of race games, whilst simultaneously ditching all the 'feel' you can possibly have with a controller.

I have been waiting months for this one... So disappointing.

Willbert07
09-05-2015, 18:56
Hi all,
Does anyone know if theres gonna be an update for the following bugs soon:
- cant change my control settings because the system wont let me save it (saying that i havent assigned all functions... Yet there is a limited amount of buttons.

And preferably, when updating anyway, add Some 'feel' to the steering.
After loads of years of fun with multiple Forza, multiple gran turismos, F1 games, pgr.. This game has managed to kill all the fun of race games, whilst simultaneously ditching all the 'feel' you can possibly have with a controller.

I have been waiting months for this one... So disappointing.

There's an option on the controls menu to try and fix it, I think it's called " Controller Filtering Sensitivity", have a mess around with increasing it, should sort that out for you ( hopefully)

Joep
09-05-2015, 19:08
Thanx.. Will try

joepomata
09-05-2015, 19:19
I had the same problem, and try to set controller mode 3 and then make your settings

Mike Laskey
09-05-2015, 19:31

There is a known issue in the controller screen that KERS requires a control assignment and the game doesn't communicate that to you, so you can't save/leave unless you have that set.

So that you can receive relevant advice, which car/track/controller are you using? Also, tyres perform very differently when cold/warm, so take it easy until the tyres are ready to be pushed.

Joep
10-05-2015, 10:10
Thanx. Cold tires might indeed be the 'cause' yet i Dont understand why That should make a car take a sudden dive to the left or right

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 10:50
Thanx. Cold tires might indeed be the 'cause' yet i Dont understand why That should make a car take a sudden dive to the left or right

When your tires are cold, they grip the track less well than they would do it they were hot, it's easier to ease off the power and take your time around the track in practice or qualifying. This way you will bring your tires up to race temp and they will grip better. It doesn't sound like this is the cause of your troubles though.

If the car is shifting hard left or right when trying to go straight, are you moving the steering at all? If so, try adjusting your settings such as the steering deadzone and speed sensitivity.

If you're playing on a controller, there is an excellent guide here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad on how to get the best out of the pad for your style.

If not, if you can give us a bit more information on which circumstances this is happening, people will be able to help you out a little easier :)

Joep
10-05-2015, 14:08
Thanx willbert. I understand the perks of hot and cold as i used to go-kart competitively in my younger years. Yet making a hard turn on a straight (puncture-like) is just weird. In this game it has happened in multiple cars, yet mostly in the outlaps

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 14:37
Thanx willbert. I understand the perks of hot and cold as i used to go-kart competitively in my younger years. Yet making a hard turn on a straight (puncture-like) is just weird. In this game it has happened in multiple cars, yet mostly in the outlaps

Yeah, you'll find the track comes to you as you progress though to proper tire temp.

aidacuk
10-05-2015, 20:02
I'm also having the issue of the car turning left or right on it's own, but I'm on PC using a 360 controller. The car is turning itself towards the racing line even though I have steering assistance off. It's becoming unplayable now I'm using super karts as when I correct the steering I'm losing control of it.