PDA

View Full Version : logitech g27 wheel support

azaraq
09-05-2015, 18:30
Hi, are you going to add support for the logitech g27 wheel on ps4? And please don't tell us it's sonys fault. This is exactly same situation as already solved lack of flightstick support for Warthunder game on ps4. To start with developer blamed SCEI for it and in the end it came out any USB device can be added if the game developer wants to add that USB device. SCEI has nothing to do with adding USB support on PS4, the developer is free to add whatever they want. The developer takes the USB device builds and installs the USB driver into the game software. When the PS4 loads the game it loads in the custom USB driver as a live update. Please let us know if there's any plans to make it happen.

Umer Ahmad
09-05-2015, 18:55
Logitech and Sony do not have an agreement for PS4, this is out of the control of the project cars team at Slightly Mad Studios. Flightstick for Warthunder is a separate discussion.

Personally I have already complained to Logitech on Twitter and their only response was "stay tuned".

Logitech G27 is working great on PC/STEAM build (I use it).

Jinobi
09-05-2015, 20:07
Mr Tudor said the list is not finalised. "Please hang in there".
So Logitech are saying "Stay tuned" according to previous post, and Andy Tudor says "Hang in there".

Are they just getting our hopes up for nothing? Or they cannot officially announce the (hopefully awesome) news til a later date?

PaRRoT
09-05-2015, 20:27
Sign this petition and share with all your friends:
https://www.change.org/p/sony-add-logitech-and-fanatec-wheel-support-to-ps4?recruiter=293094321

Nelthewire
09-05-2015, 20:29
I too contacted Logitech on Twitter they told me to stay tuned !! I hope I'm right in taking this as "we are working on it "

Everything's crossed !!! :confused:

Jinobi
10-05-2015, 10:43
Sign this petition and share with all your friends:
https://www.change.org/p/sony-add-logitech-and-fanatec-wheel-support-to-ps4?recruiter=293094321

I signed that many months ago. The creator of that petition has not done anything with. All he does is raise the amount of signatures needed when the goal is reached. No news of him taking his results to companies/journalists/etc.

azaraq
10-05-2015, 15:21
I contacted logitech on twitter and here's their answer:

@Azaraq1 Hi there, we can't comment on that at this time, but any announcements will be made here, so stay tuned.

Pirategenius
10-05-2015, 16:27
They are probably making a new wheel which will cost 300 like the Thrustmaster T300.
Which will be a shame as the G25 & 27 are great and you don't have to pay another 300+ on top of the cost of the wheel to get a gated shifter and clutch pedal.

PaRRoT
10-05-2015, 16:54
I signed that many months ago. The creator of that petition has not done anything with. All he does is raise the amount of signatures needed when the goal is reached. No news of him taking his results to companies/journalists/etc.

For me was our last chance. If he doesn't do anything and Logitech ignore us the other solution is to buy che ChronusMAX Plus (http://controllermax.com/cronusmax-plus/).

I haven't tested but many people said that G27 worked perfectly with this adaptor in Driveclub.

PhaedrusSocrates
10-05-2015, 19:11
I don't work for logitech, don't worry ;) BUT I must tell you that another company is responsible for all of these problems.

Company called Immersion owns patent rights for specific ForceFeedback technology that Logitech used in all of their wheels...
So, there is a contract witch pays Immersion company for their patent dating back at the beginning of PS2 era... it states that it covers the PS2 and PS3 not any other future Sony consoles (meaning that they must be payed AGAIN to allow their patent to be used on PS4).

BUT THAT PATENT ID DUE TO EXPIRE IN 6 MONTHS :)

Every game developer since PS2 era already has drivers for Logitech wheels ready, they just need freedom to implement them without being sued by IMMERSION. Once that patent is out, it will not be Logitech's job to make yours/ours wheels work, but simply if developers of whatever games update their games with those Logitecs drivers...

One more thing - reason why Logitech AND Sony are avoiding giving us direct answer is because of that contract. If they were to start saying "Immersion are gready bastar...ds and you should just wait for 6 more months" - then Immersion could sue them for SH-i-t load of money ;)