PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Single Player AI Car Customisation?

THOMAS13MARTIN
09-05-2015, 18:51
Hi. In a single player race (not in career) can you choose exactly which cars the AI use? I know you can select them to be all the same or random or whatever but can you pick the specific car each AI uses, preferably with livery option too?
Thanks

flymar
09-05-2015, 18:57
No, you cannot.

THOMAS13MARTIN
09-05-2015, 19:00
Ok thanks for the quick answer. :)

TDDB
13-06-2015, 15:56
I'm really hoping that is kind of thing becomes a feature, to be honest is quite damaging to the single player.

madmax2069
13-06-2015, 16:07
I'm really hoping that is kind of thing becomes a feature, to be honest is quite damaging to the single player.

Actually its not. In real racing you can't just pick and choose your livery, your sponsor does. People dont pick and choose their sponsors by their liveries.

Bealdor
13-06-2015, 16:12
Actually its not. In real racing you can't just pick and choose your livery, your sponsor does. People dont pick and choose their sponsors by their liveries.

I think you're misunderstanding the question of the OP. He's asking for the ability to choose against which cars he's racing in SP.

madmax2069
13-06-2015, 16:22
I think you're misunderstanding the question of the OP. He's asking for the ability to choose against which cars he's racing in SP.

Understood, I dont know what I was thinking.

dodge33cymru
13-06-2015, 17:01
Would be good. From a PC point of view, I'd be perfectly happy with creating startlists in text files and drop them in the game's folders. I'm not massively into career mode, so this would be a huge advantage to custom grids if it were possible, to allow similar fields and to choose consistent rivals across single races.

RyanHieronymus
13-06-2015, 19:49
I too would love to see this implemented. As well as the ability to create custom championships.

m355y
13-06-2015, 20:03
Posted this the other day, the ability to set up a LMP1/LMP2/GT3 race would make the endurance racing side of the game pretty much perfection itself. I know it's not a massive difference having the Radicals etc instead of the GT3 class, but it would be nice. Also to maybe get rid of the historic prototypes which seem to default into the same class.

Linus27
13-06-2015, 20:37
I also would love to pick my AI opponents. Not being able to kind of dulls the experience, especially when you have historical racing with the GT3, LMP etc.

MetheadMan
17-06-2015, 23:09
Pls +1

Getting tired of multi-class racing with cars that clearly don't belong in certain events. GT5 Ginnetta's against GT3 cars is pointless and causes a stupid number of AI accidents due to the speed difference. All that needs to be added is an option to specify which groups you want to race against once you choose multi-class feature. Say you want LMP1, LMP2, GT3 & GT4 only, use the weather slot feature that allows you to choose four different weather settings, but for this case you have the ability to choose four different classes to race against. Simple.

Specifying a certain livery and car for each race may be a little difficult, but I would also love to see this option implemented for single player. The way I remember doing it in rFactor was the add/remove feature when you are already in the track lobby. Add/remove the cars till you got the preferred cars you want to race against. A bit unconventional and it took a while to get all the cars you wanted, but it always ended up working out.

nhitrac
18-06-2015, 00:14
Yep +1

I've asked this before too. I personally think this feature alone would make Single Player A LOT better.

Rob Wilkinson
18-06-2015, 04:33

In real racing we don't have 28-year-old C9s blasting around Le Mans with Radicals and LMP1s either. Luckily this isn't real life, and concessions need to be made.

The industry standard since LFS (or even before) has been to let the player pick both the car and livery for their opponents, and seeing as how many sim racers spend countless hours painting custom skins, it only makes sense to allow for a greater level of customization in that regard. Single player is suffering without those options IMO.

EHM
18-06-2015, 06:30
This is the one of the most critical feature I feel the game is missing, after having so many options for everything it just feels so out of place that true custom single player races were left out, would realllly like this to be in one day.