PDA

View Full Version : X1 game keeps crashing. - disc version

Enzz
09-05-2015, 19:00
Hi everyone,

issue for me , got a disc version, keeps crashing in every race even with hard reset and reinstalled game 5 times with D1p.

I've tried with another disc from a friend and got same issue, all other disc games works fine I dont understand.

Does anyone got an answer from dev?

Thanks

Elmo
10-05-2015, 09:35
Do we have other players with similar issues?

Loochst3r
10-05-2015, 10:04
It's happend to me omce so far, i also have the disc version.

Bryer
10-05-2015, 10:07
Guys, this is starting to look like the game is demanding too much information off the internal hard drive and it's struggling to get all the assets it needs. I'm having NO issues with the game installed to an external hard disk.

Bobbydakid
10-05-2015, 13:17
Have had this happen to me only once so far. During a time trial the game froze for about 10 seconds although I could still hear the sound. Then my Xbox rebooted itself, I'm using the internal hard drive.

It's a good idea to do a hard reset often. I don't like the instant on setting, after a while it always seems to cause issues with my other games so I just turn off the Xbox from the mains when not using it.

Aaron685
10-05-2015, 15:10
The game crashed on me while I was in the middle of a GT3 race around Laguna Seca and it just brought me back to the Xbox One dashboard I have the digital version hope this will be fixed

Enzz
10-05-2015, 15:22
My concern is that I can't even play a race. It put me through the dashboard.
tried with external hard disk same issue.
So I've bought digital version this morning to be sure and same issue!
I really think that's the game for sure.
All of my other games have no problem, never had freeze like this.
I'm really disappointed, I was waiting this game for so long and now got 2 project cars and can't play :mad:

daffy luke
10-05-2015, 16:11
Sometimes my game freezes for a few seconds
my image stands still but still have sound and I can hear my car crash against a wall .....
After a few seconds is all back to normal
This is happened to me quite a few times,on different tracks

Bobbydakid
10-05-2015, 17:42
Sometimes my game freezes for a few seconds
my image stands still but still have sound and I can hear my car crash against a wall .....
After a few seconds is all back to normal
This is happened to me quite a few times,on different tracks

The exact same thing just happened to me, it's happened twice for me now. The first time it restarted my Xbox, second time my car crashed against a wall. I've got the digital version if that helps.

daffy luke
10-05-2015, 19:29
The exact same thing just happened to me, it's happened twice for me now. The first time it restarted my Xbox, second time my car crashed against a wall. I've got the digital version if that helps.

same here,also digital version

gmspromo
10-05-2015, 20:22

Yep, literally just this second I was in career mode, on a qualifying lap in the Pagini Huaya on the Monza GP Circuit ... the screen froze for around 5 seconds - although the sounds/engine noise was still working fine - until the Xbox One did a hard reset (rebooted itself completely!)

I don't have the digital version though, I have the disc version ...

ViZiONEER
10-05-2015, 21:03
Yes... Its is independent from being disc or digital version:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22100-Game-quits-to-Xbox-Dashboard
Too sad.

Marcusfranklin
11-05-2015, 11:04
iv got the digital version and im stuck at the start screen it will not bloody start when i am signed into my profile so i tried signing out of my profile and pressed start then it started working but now im playing the game with out being signed into my profile and all i can do is play carer every thing else is locked,what the hell is going on

MajorMatty
11-05-2015, 12:38
iv got the digital version and im stuck at the start screen it will not bloody start when i am signed into my profile so i tried signing out of my profile and pressed start then it started working but now im playing the game with out being signed into my profile and all i can do is play carer every thing else is locked,what the hell is going on

I too have the digital version, and mine is doing the exact same thing, as soon as I press start it just sits on the start screen. It was fine yesterday so what has happened in less than 24 hours?

Edit: Several hard reboots of the console has seemed to resolve this.

Marcusfranklin
11-05-2015, 13:01
How many re boots did u do iv done a couple now and it still won't start

MajorMatty
11-05-2015, 13:58
How many re boots did u do iv done a couple now and it still won't start

I had to do 3 in total, I take it your doing a hard reboot of the console?

Enzz
11-05-2015, 14:07
Hard reset don't resolve a lot for me. Even if I pass the menu, the game freeze in race or in loading.
After 10 hard reset, delete profile, saved data, reinstalled the game 5 times. Still don't work.

Lee van Davo
11-05-2015, 14:25
Ive had mine crash and had to restart 3 times while playing. Also if i turn the xbox off when ive been playing and switch the xbox back on later to continue where i left off i have to hard start or go to the menu and load up another game and then load up project cars other wise the game is frozen where i left off.

Srt8 300c
11-05-2015, 14:29
Ive had the odd crash here and there. Tbh it happens more on forza 5 an H2!
I Think its more console related than game.

SQS
11-05-2015, 14:56
My game crashes everytime I watch a replay. Both fast-forwarding and at normal speed.

dwingo
11-05-2015, 16:53
i got the same problem game crashes and goes to dashboard. reboot didnt work got disc version.

i'm stuck now cant go to next part for career

Marcusfranklin
12-05-2015, 02:35
yes mate on my console xbox one,iv went onto the microsoft help and support live chat and some one talked me through a load of thing like removing my account then deleting persistent storage and whole load of other stuff but still nothing worked,we came to the conclusion that it is not my account or the xbox thats at fault,it is the game its self,i dont know what to do now iv payed all that money for nothing

Marcusfranklin
12-05-2015, 02:44
hi i have digital version and mine will not load at the start screen,i press start and nothing happens,but what is weird is that if i sign out of my profile and then press start the game starts up but then all the online stuff is locked,pls can some one help

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 04:40
Have you tried to hard reset the console?

Marcusfranklin
12-05-2015, 04:48
its not the console its the game

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 05:01
Not everyone is experiencing the crashes, so we need to identify why it is happening.

You need to try a hard reset, by holding down the power button down until the console turns off and the light on the power brick will turn orange.

Randyrocky
12-05-2015, 16:16
Hi, I have my game crashed twice. Both happened in separate invitation events of my career mode. The first freeze happened during a race, screen freeze but sound still on. After few seconds, game resumed but put me off course. The second time it happened when i was racing with the historic bmw GT invitation event. Game crashed when i steered off course, hitting the sand. After several seconds, it restarted my xbox one. I managed to resumed my game, but no longer able to continue qualifying and put me straight to the race event. I lost the race eventually due to this buggy qualification, which placed me last at the race. Hope you guys can look into the matter. Thanks in advance.

Jellibean
13-05-2015, 08:56
I had several different Situations These Crash back to Dashboard happens:

- during Time Trial with Formula A in Spa after a hard Collision at the End of Eau Rogue
- looking a saved Replay of an 10 Round Multiplayer with Formula A on Spa.
- while using a Ghost Car from the Leaderboard on Hockenheim with Formula A
- After a 60 Minute Multiplayer Training with 10 Players in LeMans with LMP1 during the loading to the 30 Minutes Qualifying Session

Edit: this is not Disc Version only, because i have the Preload Version

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 17:16
same here,also digital version

Multiple crashes here--digital version.

Bobbydakid
13-05-2015, 17:33
I've had the game crash/hang today twice. Both time I was in time trial mode, then when I pressed exit the game just hangs, the controls don't work the game just shows the pause menu. I had to go back to the Xbox dashboard and exit the game totally, even more annoying is that it didn't save my lap times :(

Anyone else had this?

Touc
13-05-2015, 17:47
I have had a few crashes since launch. Disc version and i have it installed on an external HDD

Gizborn
14-05-2015, 13:40
In my career I got as far as the Pagani Monza race but I can't get through it without my Xbox crashing and returning to the home screen. I've tried a hard reset but it hasn't improved things. I've never had any problems like this with any other games. It's very frustrating and the game has been rendered completely unusable.

Will this be addressed of do I cut my losses and take the game back?

azzermckazzer
15-05-2015, 01:27

Yes I am having a similar issue. The game will crash and go back to the Xbox dashboard. There is no pattern to it, sometimes mid race, sometimes in replays...anytime really. The only guarantee is it will happen at least once every time I play. I've Tried re-installing etc but it still happens! I've read somewhere that the game should be 18.5gb but mines 18.1gb. No update is showing though??

azzermckazzer
15-05-2015, 01:38
Yes I am having a similar issue. The game will crash and go back to the Xbox dashboard. There is no pattern to it, sometimes mid race, sometimes in replays...anytime really. The only guarantee is it will happen at least once every time I play. I've Tried re-installing etc but it still happens! I've read somewhere that the game should be 18.5gb but mines 18.1gb. No update is showing though??

piston broke
15-05-2015, 07:42
I've had the game crash/hang today twice. Both time I was in time trial mode, then when I pressed exit the game just hangs, the controls don't work the game just shows the pause menu. I had to go back to the Xbox dashboard and exit the game totally, even more annoying is that it didn't save my lap times :(

Anyone else had this?
yes this happens to me also. Game freezes when i exit time trials.

davids443
15-05-2015, 09:23
I am having the same problems but It only started this morning.only when i played the 23rd april calendar career pagani club day monsa.i leave the pits and anytime upto the first half of a lap on qualifying the game automatically takes me to dashboard and leaves me with the only option to click the main screen where project racing logo/game is to get back to the game but when i click it it restarts the game disc.did a hard reset and started up loaded got to the same event and within half a lap it goes back to dashboard again.i have repeated this on 4 occasions in the last 10 mins (10.10 on the 15thmay 2015 uk time. What is happening?

Jezza819
15-05-2015, 13:32
I've had two game freezes in the three days I've had the game. The first one I had to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it. Then last night rebooting the console allowed the game to unfreeze but I get the message "unable to sync data".

KkDrummer
15-05-2015, 14:21
I've had two game freezes in the three days I've had the game. The first one I had to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it. Then last night rebooting the console allowed the game to unfreeze but I get the message "unable to sync data".

Xbox One had issues synching saves last night...maybe if you try it again today it will work.

z3r0cool77
16-05-2015, 22:39
I haven't had any crashes from in race yet but I've started crashing straight to home screen when I try to watch replays now. That's when my replays actually show up of course. Half the time my highlights list says zero, sometimes it says how many replays there are on the top left but the list is blank and other times it loads the replay to a black screen with audio only and the replay controls at top left then crashes.

reds191
17-05-2015, 23:36
I am having the same problem. I'm stuck on pagani club day Monza and the game keep crashing to the dashboard on the first turn. I can't go any farther in the career making the game unplayable. Very much disappointed as I have be waiting for this game for every . Now I just won't my money back. I have also done a hard rebot and moved the game to an external hard drive and delete reinstall. Nothing seams to work. I have the digital pre loud of the game.

Albezar
18-05-2015, 07:24
Same here!! Game crashes, freezes or just keeps on loading and nothing happens and I have to reset the whole freeking box! No hard reset helps. I have the disc version. This happens at least once every time I start playing the game. :mad::miserable:

davids443
18-05-2015, 11:55
Hi reds191 the issue i had with monsa pagani keep taking me back to dashboard after 1st -4th turn in the game seemed to resolve itself when i played it a few days later allowing me to complete the qualifying. Maybe yours will after a period of time too.hope this helps.

MasterOperator1
18-05-2015, 12:05
Yesterday I had also a crash on 24h LeMans (shortened for 2 hours). After 1h 38min the game crashed. :(

krazyhippy
18-05-2015, 15:36
I have had the game crash on me about 3 times. I have many other problems like my FFB goes in and out on my TX wheel and sometimes goes away for good until reset. Also, the FFB seems really soft even when turned up all the way. I can also clearly see FPS dropping while racing to the point were it is bothersome and makes playing less enjoyable. I am so confused why did SMS let this game go to retail release when it was still so buggy and not fully put together. I would have gladly waited longer for them to get the game straight.

Playing via Disc Version with game installed on internal hard drive.

I will be buying a external hard drive and install on there to see if some of the problems will be corrected.

Sonic6L
18-05-2015, 19:01
Hi reds191 the issue i had with monsa pagani keep taking me back to dashboard after 1st -4th turn in the game seemed to resolve itself when i played it a few days later allowing me to complete the qualifying. Maybe yours will after a period of time too.hope this helps.

My game keeps on crashing during the Pagani Hyuara race at Monza, it's crashed as I've come out of the garage for qualifying and into the first corner on the 2nd lap. Currently un-installed and re-installing the game now.

I've got the disc version and the game was at 18.5gb. Has this problem been acknowledged? I cannot currently play this game as it keeps crashing on this race. Cannot progress in career.

reds191
18-05-2015, 21:20
Thanks davids. I'll give it a few days

ViZiONEER
19-05-2015, 10:16
the huayra/monza combo really seems to trigger this issue. also in the thread started by myself. maype that is the point to figure out how to fix it for the devs.

Jezza819
19-05-2015, 14:38
I had another crash last night. That's my 5th one since I got the game last Tuesday. I think out of the 5, 3 of them have been when I tried to go into my garage. But after this one it seems like none of the setups are responding for any car. I was told to try and reset the USB ports which I will try tonight.

Sonic6L
19-05-2015, 17:11
re-installed the game. no difference. Game still crashes on the Zonda race at Monza. First corner and it crashed back to the home screen.

The game is unplayable. I can live with the other bugs, but this is seriously frustrating and f******g me off as it's unplayable now. Can't progress or do anything.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

JakeFitz24
20-05-2015, 02:00
My game will not stop crashing and my wheel keeps resetting and losing force feedback

Kulch
20-05-2015, 04:36
if you turn off your xbox from the controller and turn it back on, and start project cars, this game does not like it. it loads with massive flaws, modes community events, time trial and xbox store locked, and sometimes crashes/freezes
workaround: from the xbox home screen press the pause button on Pcars and select "QUIT" - This actually stops/quits the game running in the background, like apps do with smart phones.
Then you can start the game normally.

Its easier and quicker than a console hard reset, which shouldn't be required to do all the time

Hope this helps, I do this everyday and haven't had the game freeze or crash since

Sonic6L
20-05-2015, 08:14
if you turn off your xbox from the controller and turn it back on, and start project cars, this game does not like it. it loads with massive flaws, modes community events, time trial and xbox store locked, and sometimes crashes/freezes
workaround: from the xbox home screen press the pause button on Pcars and select "QUIT" - This actually stops/quits the game running in the background, like apps do with smart phones.
Then you can start the game normally.

Its easier and quicker than a console hard reset, which shouldn't be required to do all the time

Hope this helps, I do this everyday and haven't had the game freeze or crash since

This makes no difference whatsoever.

Project Cars does not like working in the instant on mode, that's all.

Daveesaunders
20-05-2015, 11:38
I've had the issue where the game is frozen when I go back to it from the dashboard (I use instant on) I've got round that by closing the game from the dashboard and then restarting the game (pain but gets me going). I had to change the power socket my surge extension (Xbox is connected to this) is plugged into the other night as I needed the socket for something else, this in turn managed to trip the surge protector in the power brick which I wasn't aware of until I tried to turn the Xbox on the following day after unplugging the brick from the extension and plugging back in (after waiting a minute or so) to reset the brick I've not since had an issue with the game freezing after turning back on.

Saying that I'll probably go home and find the issue is back as i'm not sure what difference removing the power from the brick will make!

solliex
20-05-2015, 14:50
I have slightly different issue. I played the game okay yesterday, only in practice, career. Today, when I go to the game all I see is a black screen (with a very dim view of a car on track) and a white small clock in the center that spins clockwise constantly. I restarted the game, the Xbox one itself, removed the disk and still same thing. I am currently re-installing the game and setting the console for NO instant on. I did update the game, and add free stuff. I will have to do all this again. Any suggestions? by the way Forza motorsports has always worked flawlessly. I only have 2 games on my Xbox one and have lots of space on the HD. I do have a thrustmaster wheel, which worked quite well the first day.

Albezar
21-05-2015, 18:59
This post should be a sticky one! like someone said, the game is unplayable when it keeps on crahsing all the time. This is the first time EVER ON CONSOLE GAMES that I have experienced sooo many freezes and crashes. I just hope this game will be fixed. This is a really big thumbs down to the developers. :mad:

bkfount
21-05-2015, 19:05
my lock up issues vanished when I stopped suspending the game. Make sure to close the game out fully each time you stop. I don't reboot my xbox or anything and still use instant on. Just fully close the game as it apparently hates being suspended for whatever reason. Doesnt matter if you have the disc or digital, both install to the HDD the same.

Psychomatrix
21-05-2015, 19:10
Today my xbox freez at the start by xbox one logo and reboot. this never happen before. Something goes here extremly wrong. It would be very interesting to became a statement why game freezes everytime. I dont want crash my console

Albezar
21-05-2015, 21:36
I don't care about workarounds, which doesn't even always work. I want it fixed.

hewd
22-05-2015, 00:11
The game has not frozen or crashed for me at all, i got it on release day and play every day. I don't use instant on mode and i always shut the game down before turning the console off.

I have plenty of hard drive space and no problems switching to a app and then returning to the game.

It makes me wonder if all players play the same version of the game.

sublime1996525
22-05-2015, 02:59
This game has froze on me a few times. I can't play the California Highway 1 course at all.

Jezza819
22-05-2015, 16:33
I had the game crash again last night but I think I've noticed a trend for when it's going to happen, at least for me. If the background music disappears, it's already crashed. If I try going into any other screen from where I was when the music goes away, gray screen with the rotating symbol.

Sonic6L
22-05-2015, 17:42
The game has not frozen or crashed for me at all, i got it on release day and play every day. I don't use instant on mode and i always shut the game down before turning the console off.

I have plenty of hard drive space and no problems switching to a app and then returning to the game.

It makes me wonder if all players play the same version of the game.

I do the exact same things and it still crashes out. So again, this makes no difference. Tried on both Internal and External HD.

reds191
23-05-2015, 01:48
OK its been a week now since my last post and still no up date on this issue. I have now hade the game crash on me 21 times on the pagani club day Monza I can't progress any farther. This is bull shit. I have lost all faith in all company's involved in this game and well never buy a game from them again. What I would like to know is why dose it seam like no one on the Dev team is looking in to this. Please fix this failure of a game.:mad:

Touc
24-05-2015, 10:15
I have been trying to play on Azure circuit this morning with the formula A cars. Im selecting the quick race option and the game just crashes every single time i click on the go to race option. Happened about 8 times on the bounce

Touc
24-05-2015, 10:39
I have been trying to play on Azure circuit this morning with the formula A cars. Im selecting the quick race option and the game just crashes every single time i click on the go to race option. Happened about 8 times on the bounce

Ok even tried changing the track and reinstalling the game but it still crashes every time.

onimoD
24-05-2015, 10:53
Just adding to the body of info for developers. I've not had this problem. I run the game from the CD but generally only play Time Trial. I did a bit of career up to the first invitational but have never raced online.

Touc
24-05-2015, 11:20
OK i've narrowed my problems down to having the TX wheel plugged in. The game starts and runs fine with the wireless controller but when the TX wheel is connected as soon as i come out of the pits and have manual control the game just crashes. Anybody else having this issue

WillDriverC
25-05-2015, 07:41
OK i've narrowed my problems down to having the TX wheel plugged in. The game starts and runs fine with the wireless controller but when the TX wheel is connected as soon as i come out of the pits and have manual control the game just crashes. Anybody else having this issue

Now that is interesting. I have been having this problem with the game crashing to dash regardless of what I try to do in the game. It is doing this in free practice, career and time trials. I have the disc version (18.5 Gb on internal hard drive). I have been unable to play for the last week because of the problem. Now I have tried hard resets and that kept failing to solve the issue. I tried the game on Sat morning before going out to do some work and the game worked. So I thought I just needed to give the console time and play a few games to fully remove it from the buffer (The thinking at this point was just clutching at straws to try and find a reason). So I set up to play the game yesterday and it crashed to dash all over again. I tried hard resetting and removing the kinect to free up RAM, still crashed to dash so gave in.

Every time it has gave up I have had my TX wheel plugged into the USB port on the console. I will try it again tonight after work without the wheel and then with the wheel and see what happens. After reading that, I suspect it is my wheel causing the issue. I was using a controller on Sat when I tested to see if it was working again. Damn, I bought the wheel for this game.

Is anyone else using something other than the Xbox controller?

Sonic6L
25-05-2015, 10:22

My issue is with using the controller. So it's not peripheral based. SMS have only said it's related to a livery with the Huyara.

WillDriverC
25-05-2015, 12:35
My issue is with using the controller. So it's not peripheral based. SMS have only said it's related to a livery with the Huyara.

I don't think that is what is affecting me though. I am getting the problem in career mode racing karts. I also get the problem when doing time trials or free practice on any track by myself and it is cars like the Renault and Aston Martin. I am not using the carbon livery. I think I just use default.

Dan77 DESTROYER
25-05-2015, 12:41
I've had the game freeze a couple of times and whilst on multiplayer I've been kicked back to the home screen and had to restart but it's been only a couple so far, will be getting an external harddrive soon which should help as someone mentioned earlier in the thread

ashasha
26-05-2015, 04:48
I've been experiencing this through the weekend. I've got instant on turned off and I restart the game from scratch every time I play it. If I clear persistent storage and delete the alternate MAC address and restart I can go hours without crashing in solo. Not sure if it's a workaround or what.

I'm also running from an external hard drive.

WillDriverC
26-05-2015, 07:54
Now that is interesting. I have been having this problem with the game crashing to dash regardless of what I try to do in the game. It is doing this in free practice, career and time trials. I have the disc version (18.5 Gb on internal hard drive). I have been unable to play for the last week because of the problem. Now I have tried hard resets and that kept failing to solve the issue. I tried the game on Sat morning before going out to do some work and the game worked. So I thought I just needed to give the console time and play a few games to fully remove it from the buffer (The thinking at this point was just clutching at straws to try and find a reason). So I set up to play the game yesterday and it crashed to dash all over again. I tried hard resetting and removing the kinect to free up RAM, still crashed to dash so gave in.

Every time it has gave up I have had my TX wheel plugged into the USB port on the console. I will try it again tonight after work without the wheel and then with the wheel and see what happens. After reading that, I suspect it is my wheel causing the issue. I was using a controller on Sat when I tested to see if it was working again. Damn, I bought the wheel for this game.

Is anyone else using something other than the Xbox controller?

So I tested this last night and that IS what is causing the problem for me. Switched on my console, I did not have the wheel connected just used the controller and was able to start a race and it did not crash. Switched off the console plugged in the wheel and switched it back on. Tried the same race and the game crashed back to dash. The TX Italia wheel appears to be causing the problem for me. I tried to start the console and game with just the controller and take it right up to the start race screen after the track loaded, then plug-in the wheel to see if that might act as a workaround for now, but it failed and crashed back to dash.

Just in case it is worth noting my console is not set for instant-on. I switched that off last week to see if it would remedy the problem and it didn't. There must be a communication clash between the drivers in the wheel and the game.

If anybody is having this problem and has a wheel can I ask you to try it both with and without the wheel and report back please? Just helps to confirm one of the causes. (I think this problem might have multiple causes that differ between people).

Sonic6L
26-05-2015, 08:02
I don't think that is what is affecting me though. I am getting the problem in career mode racing karts. I also get the problem when doing time trials or free practice on any track by myself and it is cars like the Renault and Aston Martin. I am not using the carbon livery. I think I just use default.

I don't get the option to choose as it is a career race. Therefore Career is currently unplayable.

Sonic6L
26-05-2015, 08:03
I've had the game freeze a couple of times and whilst on multiplayer I've been kicked back to the home screen and had to restart but it's been only a couple so far, will be getting an external harddrive soon which should help as someone mentioned earlier in the thread

I'm on external and it still crashes on that particular race.

LADY GEMMA JANE
26-05-2015, 08:07
I've only had game crashes on replays, goes back to xbox dashboard

Bobbydakid
26-05-2015, 18:05
So I tested this last night and that IS what is causing the problem for me. Switched on my console, I did not have the wheel connected just used the controller and was able to start a race and it did not crash. Switched off the console plugged in the wheel and switched it back on. Tried the same race and the game crashed back to dash. The TX Italia wheel appears to be causing the problem for me. I tried to start the console and game with just the controller and take it right up to the start race screen after the track loaded, then plug-in the wheel to see if that might act as a workaround for now, but it failed and crashed back to dash.

Just in case it is worth noting my console is not set for instant-on. I switched that off last week to see if it would remedy the problem and it didn't. There must be a communication clash between the drivers in the wheel and the game.

If anybody is having this problem and has a wheel can I ask you to try it both with and without the wheel and report back please? Just helps to confirm one of the causes. (I think this problem might have multiple causes that differ between people).

Have you got the latest firmware for your TX? Think the latest one was released in Dec 2014.

KRidiK Envyy
27-05-2015, 01:03
Yep, literally just this second I was in career mode, on a qualifying lap in the Pagini Huaya on the Monza GP Circuit ... the screen froze for around 5 seconds - although the sounds/engine noise was still working fine - until the Xbox One did a hard reset (rebooted itself completely!)

I don't have the digital version though, I have the disc version ...

It happens to me aswell but I've installed it from the Xbox store with no disc so I think it's something to do with the game itself

janmitv
27-05-2015, 06:17
I am having the same problem. Game keeps crashing to dash when I have my TX wheel plugged in. I'm able to play any mode with just the regular XB1 controller. I've tried restarts, reinstalls, playing FH2 for a few days; nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

NVI0U5
27-05-2015, 06:30
My game crashes when trying to exit from TT then it doesnt save my times really annoying having to exit from the game @ the dashboard

WillDriverC
27-05-2015, 08:06
Have you got the latest firmware for your TX? Think the latest one was released in Dec 2014.

Yes. Version 45 if memory serves. I installed the latest firmware the weekend after project cars came out.

I am having the same problem. Game keeps crashing to dash when I have my TX wheel plugged in. I'm able to play any mode with just the regular XB1 controller. I've tried restarts, reinstalls, playing FH2 for a few days; nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

I have tried the same sort of things:
- Hard resets
- Uninstall the game and reinstall
- Use a controller to get into the race then switch to the wheel
- Quit the game on dash
- Quit the game and play other games to completely remove it from memory
- Removed the kinect to free up resources
- Turn off instant-on so that the console always resets

None of this has worked, I might uninstall the TX firmware and re-install to see if that fixes the problem. It might be an almost dodgy firmware install that is interfering with the game. However, given that Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 works OK with the wheel it seems unlikely.

It is a bit strange that a peripheral device is able to crash a game in this fashion.

Outlaw Peet
27-05-2015, 08:41
Hi there,

No problem here with the TX

First get the wheel powered on - nothing should happen
Then plug the wheel in the X1 - the wheel calibrate: full left full right and resets itself upsite down
Power on the X1 - the wheel centers back to normal position. PCars still not running

Does the same sequence happens to you ?

WillDriverC
27-05-2015, 10:57
Hi there,

No problem here with the TX

First get the wheel powered on - nothing should happen
Then plug the wheel in the X1 - the wheel calibrate: full left full right and resets itself upsite down
Power on the X1 - the wheel centers back to normal position. PCars still not running

Does the same sequence happens to you ?

Yes. My wheel goes through that sequence. I then open PCars and can go through the main menu and begin a race. As the race tries to begin I am thrown back to the dashboard. Go back into PCars and it has to load up all over again.

If I have my wheel disconnected and use the xbox controller the game works fine. I can race. I am not enjoying racing with the controller and would rather use the wheel, plus it is why I bought the wheel anyway. The problem on my machine is most certainly being caused by the wheel. I think the problem might be caused on other people's machines for different reasons though. More than one cause for the same issue.

inthebagbud
27-05-2015, 11:48
Xbox1
Thrustmaster 458 spider
46% space used on hard drive
No external drive or connected devices

I have had game a week or so and have had 4/5 incidents of game hanging while trying to load

At first console has been switched off and left sometimes for a few hours but when switched back on the game is still hanging - hard reset is only way to clear

This has happened in solo or time trial usually and I can tell it is going to happen as the spinning dial in the bottom right of the screen spins at a constant pace whereas if it is loading correctly the spin will slow down occasionally

It has happened with controller when I first used game but have been using wheel since

BufordTJust1c3
29-05-2015, 23:04
Game crashing whilst in a multiplayer session. Works fine in career, time trials etc.

Disc version installed on internal hard drive.

Started a lobby at laguna seca 7 people joined. Went into 10 minute practice and the framerate was really choppy. Going round on my 3rd or 4th lap by which point there was 12 people. The framerate was getting worse as more people joined and then it booted me out of the game to the dashboard.

Done this to me a few times now the more people in a lobby the worse the framerate and more likely to boot me to the dashboard.

I only really want to play online races but I can't.:(

heymaciu
30-05-2015, 05:17
Me too, I posted same issue three days ago ... after patch... in my case itīs for another race with Pagani . I never end one lap in this race. Boot to the dashboard. Disc Version . And i tried ALL alternative set ups without luck.

Sonic6L
30-05-2015, 08:30
Me too, I posted same issue three days ago ... after patch... in my case itīs for another race with Pagani . I never end one lap in this race. Boot to the dashboard. Disc Version . And i tried ALL alternative set ups without luck.

same with me mate, coming in the next patch apparently.

xGRAV3 DiiGG3Rx
30-05-2015, 11:32
I also have the disc version but the game won't even load for it to crash. I reach the title screen, hit start and the game will just continually keep loading. I haven't been able to play the game since the day it released. Swapping it out for another game is looking like a very appealing option right about now. I thought it was the disc I was having the problem with so I went again got a fresh copy of the game and the same problem still persists. I've factory reset my xbox as well as uninstalled the game and reinstalled it numerous times and still the game won't work.

gookiecrunch
30-05-2015, 19:51
Last couple of days I've had the game crash several times.. doesn't matter where I am in the game. (title menus, starting a race I'd race before the race, all over really). Seems worse the longer I try to play. Mostly online hard to get into races sometimes.. if I have to back out of a room for whatever reason (stuck in garage, no one in it, they're driving 250cc, whatever) after a few attempts I'll have to reset cause it won't let me into any rooms anymore. Resetting usually helps.. after awhile it'll start white the dashboard kick or reset the game.
I reinstalled and it seemed to help but I don't know. Frustrating but I have faith the dev's will fix it.

Bobbydakid
30-05-2015, 21:53
Had the game crash to dashboard today...was doing a quick race weekend at Monza using the Pagani Huayra. My Xbox had be on for only 20 minutes when it happened, I've seen elsewhere people getting crashes when using the Zonda at Monza. Not sure if that's related.

inthebagbud
31-05-2015, 08:26
Ran time trial at Silverstone international with McClaren 12 gt for around 5 hours and had 3 freeze ups . Had to hard reset . Also noticed a couple of times on start up the online activities are not available even though Internet is working - had to restart to get this back as well

Robhd
31-05-2015, 11:46
Yes at Monza in career mode dring Pagani Hyura... Screen goes blank and returns me to xbox dashboard... Happens repeatedly and after hard console reset... Unsure if existing bug or result of patch 1.3

Up until Monza and Pagani career mode had been just fine... Ruddy annoying as career now stalled as i can't get past this point.... Grrrr!

I am Using TX wheel... So far no issue with solo races... Please God!

Yes, have latest firmware installed for wheel and until patch i had not found any crashing issues... Just the weak ffb like everyone else.

Have xbox in power save mode... Either a game bug or wheel comm issue?

Robhd
31-05-2015, 11:49
In my career I got as far as the Pagani Monza race but I can't get through it without my Xbox crashing and returning to the home screen. I've tried a hard reset but it hasn't improved things. I've never had any problems like this with any other games. It's very frustrating and the game has been rendered completely unusable.

Will this be addressed of do I cut my losses and take the game back?

Snap!... But I don't want money back just a fix please! Lol

Matrixpulse
01-06-2015, 00:51
Yeah same here. It's like the console just can't handle it ..

sdas venom
01-06-2015, 02:30
Mine crashed once. But then it came back up automatically then it wouldn't load or save. I have a thread that explains it better Elmo

Sonic6L
01-06-2015, 08:30
Yes at Monza in career mode dring Pagani Hyura... Screen goes blank and returns me to xbox dashboard... Happens repeatedly and after hard console reset... Unsure if existing bug or result of patch 1.3

Up until Monza and Pagani career mode had been just fine... Ruddy annoying as career now stalled as i can't get past this point.... Grrrr!

Yes, have latest firmware installed for wheel and until patch i had not found any crashing issues... Just the weak ffb like everyone else.

Same problem with me. Hopefully should be fixed in the next patch.

KkDrummer
01-06-2015, 10:00
Every time I launch PCars, the game starts I can see the logo with the driver etc and a couple of seconds later it kicks me back to the dashboard. I have re-launch the game a second time to finally work. No instant- on mode, hardware rest done, both patches applied and size of the game shows 18.7Gb.

Bigbob
01-06-2015, 15:40

Exact the same problem here!!!! ....disc version...with tx wheel....whats up with Monza GP and Huayra...??? everytime dashboard also after hard reset what can we do????

Siberian Tiger
01-06-2015, 15:41
Exact the same problem here!!!! ....disc version...with tx wheel....whats up with Monza GP and Huayra...??? everytime dashboard also after hard reset what can we do????

This will be fixed in the 1.4 Upcoming Patch ;)
It seems it was an Issue with some Liveries on the Huayra...

Bigbob
01-06-2015, 15:48
OK ...THX ... the Car is to hot ! :-)

DeitzD
01-06-2015, 18:13
Disk version.. my XboxOne is stuck on the main start driver screen.. I just see the project cars logo blinking forever.. never loads past that screen since 1.3 patch.. I have uninstalled, cleared cache ect. still same thing.

lsheen6212
01-06-2015, 19:27
I have had it crash in the middle of a race and go back to the dashboard several times.

ashasha
02-06-2015, 05:37
I've got the electronic version and had it crash on me last night in the middle of a race. Fortunately it was in the first lap.

Albezar
02-06-2015, 05:56
This will be fixed in the 1.4 Upcoming Patch ;)
It seems it was an Issue with some Liveries on the Huayra...

Are you saying the Huayra liveries are causing ALL of our crashes and freezes!? I have never used the car and the game crashes.

Sonic6L
02-06-2015, 08:03
Are you saying the Huayra liveries are causing ALL of our crashes and freezes!? I have never used the car and the game crashes.

I think he just meant to Huayra and Monza combination race?

ViZiONEER
02-06-2015, 11:34
Ok, this is already a well documented bug. But I am really looking forward to Patch 1.4

I found these notes in reference to the issue:
General * Pagani Monza Clubday invitational event - No longer causes the game to crash when using a specific livery on the Pagani Huayra.

It reads like it is "only" fixed for the invitational event in the career. But it happens in a quick race also. I had it with a red and a silver one.

We'll see. :confused:

Trey4
16-06-2015, 02:51
Hey guys, sorry ahead of time but not sure if thus is the correct thread but I've got an xbox one and thrustmaster tx wheel. Everytime I hook up my TX wheel and get on pcars everything loads up smoothly however when I start practice, race, TT, etc. it'll crash back to the dash as soon it goes to manual control. But, when I use my controller everything seems to work just fine. I've searched the forums and only seem to see the issue involving the pagani and monza but this has happened to me with both Bentleys, and the Marek p1 and at Spa, le sarthe, California coast. Haven't tried any other cars or tracks. Like I said my apologies if this has already been answered. Just yesterday I reinstalled the game and it's still happening, even change my power settings to energy save (read on here that it clears your cache when you turn off). Im already assuming that 1.4 will help but up until this past Friday the game had only crashed on me about 5 times, since the day it came out.

I mean I love the game, finally there a legit racing sim for the console.its just driving me crazy that I can't use the wheel, I've used it so long now that it was so frustrating yesterday using the controller, spun over and over again.

Bobbydakid
16-06-2015, 15:41
Hey guys, sorry ahead of time but not sure if thus is the correct thread but I've got an xbox one and thrustmaster tx wheel. Everytime I hook up my TX wheel and get on pcars everything loads up smoothly however when I start practice, race, TT, etc. it'll crash back to the dash as soon it goes to manual control. But, when I use my controller everything seems to work just fine. I've searched the forums and only seem to see the issue involving the pagani and monza but this has happened to me with both Bentleys, and the Marek p1 and at Spa, le sarthe, California coast. Haven't tried any other cars or tracks. Like I said my apologies if this has already been answered. Just yesterday I reinstalled the game and it's still happening, even change my power settings to energy save (read on here that it clears your cache when you turn off). Im already assuming that 1.4 will help but up until this past Friday the game had only crashed on me about 5 times, since the day it came out.

I mean I love the game, finally there a legit racing sim for the console.its just driving me crazy that I can't use the wheel, I've used it so long now that it was so frustrating yesterday using the controller, spun over and over again.

Has your TX wheel got the latest firmware? Did you calibrate your wheel in game?

Trey4
16-06-2015, 16:09
Yep I've done both, in fact I calibrate everytime I turn it on, and hold it when i do the 90 degree calibration. Oh yeah sry forgot to mention yes my firmware is up to date just downloaded in march

TrailJunkey
30-08-2015, 17:52
Since the most recent patch, this is happening to me all the time.

I get about 25-30 seconds into any session and the game crashes to home.

Game is now unplayable.

Current career session - Season 2, Ginetta G40 UK Challange, Outlon Park, Qualification, 25-30 seconds into session without fail.

calcaneus2000
02-09-2015, 22:03
I agree. I am using the disc version and the tx thrustmaster wheel on xbox one and the game keeps crashing 20 seconds into the race. This has never happened before the update 4.1. The makers need to fix this issue now, now, now. What a horrible mistake. I am at the Ginetta G40 challenge Outlton Park race as well. I even tried to skip the practice and sprint races, but it just crashes again.
THIS GAME IS NOW UNPLAYABLE. PLEASE FIX THIS NOW.

Funzy2a
03-09-2015, 15:17
First, Sorry for my bad english.

I have the same problem with the Ginetta G40 Carreer at Oulton Park, Practice session, stand exit, and a few seconds after, the game crash.

But i found something interesting :

There is two choices of team when you start the career at this level and , for me, the game don't crash with the indian team, Proton. It only crash with the Italien Team Rock....

Is anyone having the same behaviour of the game ?

calcaneus2000
03-09-2015, 22:13
I have tried this again by abandoning the season and renewing with another team of the Ginetta G 40 type. It still crashes. I have tried to only use the game pad instead of the wheel and it still crashes. This is a major glitch with the game and this series of races or this track. Since it the first race in the series I cannot tell.
As are many gamers, I am very disappointed that this game and many others released on xbox one have an infinite number of problems. This is about money and not about integrity of the games. I demand that this be addressed presently or I will never buy another game by any of the companies involved as I have never purchased another call of duty after a problem riddled game was rush released and they did not fix it. Shame on you. Shame on you.

widcard
04-09-2015, 01:39
I only play multiplayer and never had one crash after 3.0 until I accidently didn't sing in and loaded the Sim off line, as soon as I realized what I had done,

I quite the Sim and did a hard reset, rebooted and found a good lobby and as it was about to finish loading the start of a session it crashed to dashboard.

The Sim worked fine until I loaded off line and that's when it started dashboarding and it also started losing FFb saves on certain tracks which I never had until I loaded off line. .......There's something definitely corrupting the Sim if you've played off line.

This is a huge one to look into.

Best of luck SMS,,,, I hope this gives you something to go on.

calcaneus2000
04-09-2015, 20:27
I went back and did a quick race weekend with the ginetta on another track and it worked fine. Online my system works fine. Community events work fine.
Then I loaded a quick race weekend with the Ginetta on Oulton Park international and crash, crash, crash went the game. I am not sure if it is just this combination or what, but it is definitely this track and this car that always crash.

Funzy2a
04-09-2015, 22:04
For me, i can confirm that Oulton Park, Ginetta 40, Proton Team, Cockpit view works fine.
But same race and car with RockFord RennSport Team and the game crashes.

DangerDave49
06-09-2015, 14:35
I am having the same issue in the Ginetta Series. I had it at Brands and had to abandon that track, I now have it at Donnington GP. I have reinstalled and still have the error.

This is only in "career mode". Time trial and solo race works fine.
Has anyone else with the latest updates managed to complete a Career Race In the Ginetta on Brands, Oulton or Donnington GP without the crash to dash issue?

Hopefully the devs will be able to collect some decent diagnostics and either provide a workaround or fix.

I am using a standard game pad.

Ixoye56
06-09-2015, 20:32
I agree. I am using the disc version and the tx thrustmaster wheel on xbox one and the game keeps crashing 20 seconds into the race. This has never happened before the update 4.1. The makers need to fix this issue now, now, now. What a horrible mistake. I am at the Ginetta G40 challenge Outlton Park race as well. I even tried to skip the practice and sprint races, but it just crashes again.
THIS GAME IS NOW UNPLAYABLE. PLEASE FIX THIS NOW.

I have the same problem, can't continue my career, stuck at Oulton Park, can't even drive at Olton in practice mode anymore, I've given up on playing career.

SFGBravo10
10-09-2015, 21:15
I have the digital version. Crashes ever since the 3.0 patch. Had lag issue with career mode previously, but it was playable. Now it doesn't even make one full lap before crashing and sending me to the dashboard(Home Screen). I really enjoy this game, but this has to be fixed. Does anyone know if they are working on this issue?

Ian85
12-09-2015, 12:48
Hi guys

I don't normally sign up for these things or write on them, but thought it was worth it this time.

I'm having the exact same issues as above. I'm stuck at Oulton Park International in the Ginetta G40. I'm lucky if I can get to the end of the pits before it crashes to the dashboard. And this isn't just in career mode....I've tried the same car and track in solo mode and have the same problem.

If this helps....I do notice that the track/scenery graphics flash black a couple of time before it dies.

I love love love this game! But I'm now stuck in career mode and unable to continue.

Anyway....I've just started the download for the Forza 6 demo, please please please don't make me trade in project cars for the new Forza! Even if we just know you're working on this specific issue would stop this from happening! And I'm sure I'm not alone in this....right guys?

lauriehouse
12-09-2015, 13:56
i am playing on the digital version and am having the same problem. Heartbreaking. I really wanted to do this part of the career. But i have now had to gonwith formula gulf and hopefully move on.

This is a huge bug!! That needs to get fixed asap. Its game breaking!

Ian85
12-09-2015, 15:55
OULTON PARK GINETTA G40 CRASHING --- WORKAROUND

Following my previous post. (Bear in mind I usually use in cockpit view)

Ok, so I started a completely different race in solo mode, different car, different track. Changed my view from my usual 'in cockpit' to chase camera.

Then I quit this race, returned to my career and entered the Ginetta G40 at Oulton Park International, started practise.

Obviously the race will then load in chase cam view....I was then able to complete the practise, qualifying, and the two races without any issue.

This is a pain though as I'm used to in cockpit view. It might just be me, but it's like trying to learn how to play the game again when you switch to a different view that you don't normally use.

Anyway....I really hope this helps people progress with their careers.

P.s I was able to return to in cockpit view, once Oulton Park was out of the way.

I Swissie I
13-09-2015, 15:36
^I'll have to give that a try.

I've been having the same problem as many others. Digital version, G40, cockpit view at Oulton Park International (although I was just doing Free Practice). Crashes as I exit the pits. Tried other cars at Oulton, and the G40 at another track without issue.

Christophs
02-10-2015, 18:48
Same issue with Ginetta G40 Junior, Oulton Park International and cockpit perspective. I am locked in my career. Issue is reproduceable in quickrace. (Xbox one, disc version, Patch 4.0)

Ixoye56
05-10-2015, 12:57
This really sucks, will we ever get to play this game? :(

mcscott
05-10-2015, 13:58
Any idea if uninstalling and re-installing it will make a difference?

Chazdad
24-10-2015, 11:02
I experienced the same problem with the G4 at Oulton Park. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Takes like 7 hours to reinstall. Did not fix the issue. I eventually deleted the progress and started a new career in Formula A.

Ixoye56
24-10-2015, 14:22
I experienced the same problem with the G4 at Oulton Park. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Takes like 7 hours to reinstall. Did not fix the issue. I eventually deleted the progress and started a new career in Formula A.

Was this with patch 5.0?

Christophs
26-10-2015, 05:55
The issue does not occure anymore on my xbox with patch 5.0

Ixoye56
30-10-2015, 23:52
The issue does not occure anymore on my xbox with patch 5.0

Same for me ;)

Schnizz58
02-11-2015, 15:21
Any idea if uninstalling and re-installing it will make a difference?
Can't think of a reason that it would.

As for patch 5.0, I've gotten a lot of crashes since 5.0. I had 3-4 over this past weekend.

Chunsey Wang
02-11-2015, 17:39
Yeh I've had a few crashes since 5.0,I think all have come from invitationals in career when going to car selection

bluesky0870
02-11-2015, 23:21
I've had 2 crashes to dashboard too the last two days. I am on v 5.0 too. All crashes happened while the game tried to load Imola for the first time within a game session in career mode after turning on the xbox and the game. In LMP3 semi pro Euro series and BMW 320 Touring trophy. Game started to load the session, the track layout showed up and when usually the picture of the night scene appears the game crashed back to the dashboard.
After restarting the game and starting the events again the track was loading without any problems.

Spitfire77
02-11-2015, 23:35
Just curious.. if the mode you are racing is not an online mode, try disabling your network connection before playing and see if the crashes stop.

bluesky0870
03-11-2015, 02:19
Just curious.. if the mode you are racing is not an online mode, try disabling your network connection before playing and see if the crashes stop.

Sorry, until someone assure me that this action won't cause a loss of my save game because of different saves online and offline, there's no way to do so. My 200+ hours and career progress are more important to me than being unpaid Guinea pig.

Spitfire77
03-11-2015, 03:58
Sorry, until someone assure me that this action won't cause a loss of my save game because of different saves online and offline, there's no way to do so. My 200+ hours and career progress are more important to me than being unpaid Guinea pig.

Fair enough.. Does Xbone have problems with running offline sometimes and others online? Game save back up is handled outside the game, if that is your concern. So if you had a crash while offline and the save corrupted, just clear your local save and connect back to the network and download your online backup.

The reason I was asking originally is a person in the ps4 threads reported that if he disabled the network on his console, project cars no longer crashed.

bluesky0870
03-11-2015, 07:19
Fair enough.. Does Xbone have problems with running offline sometimes and others online? Game save back up is handled outside the game, if that is your concern. So if you had a crash while offline and the save corrupted, just clear your local save and connect back to the network and download your online backup.

The reason I was asking originally is a person in the ps4 threads reported that if he disabled the network on his console, project cars no longer crashed.

I know how to restore game saves and don't know much about the issues on PS4, but on the xbox there are a lot of cases of the complete loss of data because the game/the xbox can't load game save data when the game is starting. Nobody knows why (or does not want to talk about it). One reason is said to be the amount of save data being bigger than 512MB. But people with less data amount lost their game save too.

So maybe the sync between cloud/xbox/game after testing offline/online behaviour (and therefor 2 different game saves) can corrupt the save file too. Nobody knows and I don't need to experience that.

I've never ever had any problems with switching from offline to online and back on xbox. Not with Fifa, Forza, Assassin's Creed or what game ever. Not on the XB1, not on the 360, not on any other console. And I never lost any game save on any kind of console back to the Atari2600.

but this thread is about crashing back to dashboard. If you are interested in the loss of game save issue have a look into the numerous threads here at the forum.

Schnizz58
03-11-2015, 14:10
I don't know how much assurance you need but I've played quite a bit with the Xbox offline and have not had any issues with that. It's the cloud save that gets corrupted so playing offline should be safer than playing online.

Spitfire77
03-11-2015, 18:05
I know how to restore game saves and don't know much about the issues on PS4, but on the xbox there are a lot of cases of the complete loss of data because the game/the xbox can't load game save data when the game is starting. Nobody knows why (or does not want to talk about it). One reason is said to be the amount of save data being bigger than 512MB. But people with less data amount lost their game save too.

So maybe the sync between cloud/xbox/game after testing offline/online behaviour (and therefor 2 different game saves) can corrupt the save file too. Nobody knows and I don't need to experience that.

I've never ever had any problems with switching from offline to online and back on xbox. Not with Fifa, Forza, Assassin's Creed or what game ever. Not on the XB1, not on the 360, not on any other console. And I never lost any game save on any kind of console back to the Atari2600.

but this thread is about crashing back to dashboard. If you are interested in the loss of game save issue have a look into the numerous threads here at the forum.

Cool.. As I said though the original reason I asked was because a PS4 user who was often experiencing the pCARS game crashing back to the dashboard noticed that when he disabled the network on his console, pCARS no longer crashed. If more people who are having a crash issue also can fix it by disabling the network on their console then maybe it could lead to helping SMS resolve the crashing issue all together. If it does not fix the issue for others than we know it is not network related. This is in no way stating that your local network settings are bad or that your internet is slow, there are many reasons a disconnect can occur and the easiest way to rule out network issues is to cut it off at the console level.

Again, I understand you do not want to be a tester and that is fine.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-11-2015, 00:13
And it goes a little something like this........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLntbC1gCg&feature=youtu.be

mkr
18-11-2015, 21:14
I got the same problem. Game is often crashing when choosing a car. This happened in 4.0, 5.0 and now I hope it's fixed but no way, still crashing in 6.0.

WillDriverC
07-12-2015, 06:53
I re-purchased the game last week and gave it a try at the weekend. I still had the same problem of an xbox dashboard crash. I have detailed the issue I was having earlier in this thread. I ended up deleting my save file and this appears to have fixed it. Perhaps something is corrupting the save file during an auto save. If this is the case you may need to delete and start again. I am aware that this is not ideal. Other possibility is if you can get a race started elsewhere, complete that and let it save this may remove the corruption fixing the problem.