PDA

View Full Version : Real Steering bug workaround!

Beagle Five
09-05-2015, 19:30
Ok, I felt it was time too join this forum after having followed it since yesterday when I bought this very anticipated game only too notice right away that the steering was basically full left/right with the smallest corrections.

I think it got better after reinstalling and updating after 100% installation.
But the problem is still there!
Tried every setting from every thread and thought I at least made it driveable driving with TC and SC on, but then I noticed the clio was still undriveable!
Then I noticed the gt3 cars was much more driveable then any of the other cars, as long as you drive without any fast corrective steering input. And even could turn of tc and sc again.

Almost started too having fun at this point, but with this threat of corrective oversteer bug its hard to really feel good, anything upsetting the car basically means you go of track since correcting is impossible to modulate.
Many seems to think nothing is wrong, but just try doing a drift... Its impossible because of this bug.

BUT! There is a way to play with the one controller and having fun and immerssion until there is a patch to let this game blossom!

Assign the steering to the D-pad!!

Playing digital is MUCH better then with the analog sticks, they are to loose anyway and have never had any good feeling!
The steering is still twitchy, but modulating the d-pad is much easier!
Just tapping a little makes it move a little, not a lot like with the sticks.
Only problem is the rather bad placement of the d-pad.

But this really works, it gives you confidens driving and really good feeling of grip on the road.
So go d-pad and have a little fun while waiting for a patch.

I have choosen to have faith in you guys to fix this, was really dissapointed yesterday and was going to return the game, but I can sense that there is a really good game in there, just in need of a little fixing :)
So hoping it dont take too long.

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 19:34
Good idea, i'll try it! Couldn't be worse than the sticks!

Beagle Five
09-05-2015, 19:45
Maybe its good to say to Mr Bell and mods here that the right analogue sticks also only use about 30% stick travel when looking around! So this is not just the steering!! Its both sticks and maybe the trigger too.

But yeah, the d-pad is clearly better, but not perfect/bugfree.

Mikey360
09-05-2015, 20:40
I can confirm this is a great temp solution! I've just managed to get in a decent lap on Brands Hatch in a GT3 BMW!!!!
Just need to tell the brain to use the D-pad rather than the stick,

Thanks for the great suggestion!!!

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 21:39
Yeah this seem pretty good, you have control of the car now!

Sure it's not perfect but it can do it for a couple of days! :D

MysterG
09-05-2015, 21:44
Thanks for the post. Hopefully it will enable a few more people to enjoy the game until a better solution is worked out.

Beagle Five
09-05-2015, 21:44
I can confirm this is a great temp solution! I've just managed to get in a decent lap on Brands Hatch in a GT3 BMW!!!!
Just need to tell the brain to use the D-pad rather than the stick,

Thanks for the great suggestion!!!

Thank you!
Trying to play the game myself right now and it sure does work but there sure is something really wrong with the steering since this only makes it easier doing small corrections so that you can drive smoothly and thereby not notice as often how snappy everything is if anything unexpected happens.

gazmac1384
09-05-2015, 23:48
How do u update the game mine only says 18.1gb i tried reinstall and nothing worked

stevezodiac
10-05-2015, 00:34
How do u update the game mine only says 18.1gb i tried reinstall and nothing worked
Reset your xbox by holding the white button on the console until it turns off completely. start it and the update should install, I did this and got no notification but it worked.

surferofthemind
10-05-2015, 02:33
I found after assigning the buttons to the same as Forza the movement on the stick went from an analogue feel to a digital feel. No matter what adjustments were made with sensitivity, dead-zones and steer speed via tuning nothing! All steering felt like it was within 5% of the sticks full movement. I also did a controller update it and felt worse.

I then went back into the controls and re-assigned the stick for the steering. After they were re-assigned I now have almost all of the stick movement for the steering. It did reset a few other setting like from manual to auto and unsure if it changed the other steering settings as they were all over the place from the previous attempt to fix it. A few other mates have tried this with little to no result but for me and a couple of others it has been a game changer.

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 10:05
I found after assigning the buttons to the same as Forza the movement on the stick went from an analogue feel to a digital feel. No matter what adjustments were made with sensitivity, dead-zones and steer speed via tuning nothing! All steering felt like it was within 5% of the sticks full movement. I also did a controller update it and felt worse.

I then went back into the controls and re-assigned the stick for the steering. After they were re-assigned I now have almost all of the stick movement for the steering. It did reset a few other setting like from manual to auto and unsure if it changed the other steering settings as they were all over the place from the previous attempt to fix it. A few other mates have tried this with little to no result but for me and a couple of others it has been a game changer.

There is something very strange going on...
Going to try fiddeling a little more myself

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 11:29
Ok, I just reset my controller settings and got back to defailt and choose mode 3 and basically the car feels like driving with the d-pad, well it feels calmer and the dreaded tankslappers are much less probe to happen on warm tires, at least as long as you are not upsetting it.
So I had to try mode 1 and 2, and both are much more nervous and hard to drive on cold tires, but still not good on warm.
So this difference between driving modes explains a lot of the different opinions around here!
There is no difference on analouge stick travel though.

I tride all of this on oulton park international with the cosworth GR.A

Initia1 B
10-05-2015, 14:01
For me the dodgy handling seems to be vehicle related as some cars drive amazing whereas with others its clear that something is very wrong. I realize not all cars handle the same but im talking extremely bad drivability. Take the LOTUS 72D for example, it pulls from left to right with seemingly very little to no input and at low speeds with low throttle. Its like there is something wrong with its handling/physics model. Such a shame as the cars that handle well are excellent.

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 14:21
For me the dodgy handling seems to be vehicle related as some cars drive amazing whereas with others its clear that something is very wrong. I realize not all cars handle the same but im talking extremely bad drivability. Take the LOTUS 72D for example, it pulls from left to right with seemingly very little to no input and at low speeds with low throttle. Its like there is something wrong with its handling/physics model. Such a shame as the cars that handle well are excellent.

Yes, there is rather big differences between different cars. Havent driven all but gt cars are generally rather easy to drive, but the slower caterham is very hard to controll. This together with the big difference between the driving modes enhances the bad analogue steering.
A car is driven smoothly, its not always possible to catch a backend in Real life when driving on the limit ( most people cant ) but if they at least fix the steering do that we can drive smoothly I am happy enough.
But it should be possible to drift these cars to! At least if they are aiming for simulation. And that means solving how to countersteer fast with control

Benja190782
10-05-2015, 14:49
Yes, there is rather big differences between different cars. Havent driven all but gt cars are generally rather easy to drive, but the slower caterham is very hard to controll. This together with the big difference between the driving modes enhances the bad analogue steering.
A car is driven smoothly, its not always possible to catch a backend in Real life when driving on the limit ( most people cant ) but if they at least fix the steering do that we can drive smoothly I am happy enough.
But it should be possible to drift these cars to! At least if they are aiming for simulation. And that means solving how to countersteer fast with control

THIS ^^^^^^^ (About drifting - but it actually is possible with a wheel, just not on a controller)

Beagle Five
10-05-2015, 15:02
THIS ^^^^^^^ (About drifting - but it actually is possible with a wheel, just not on a controller)

Great!
But turning a wheel motion into stick motion is not easy, and xbox one has already very vague sticks and trigger that makes me wonder if even a 100% great setup with this controller would even make he game as great as it could be. One really needs a new controller!