PDA

View Full Version : help with car colors

BorgX666
09-05-2015, 20:06
hey guys, so i finally figured out how to change the colour of the car i want to drive but when i get into the race its still selecting a random colour scheme and not the colour i chose, after i pick my colour scheme how do i get it to be that colour in the race???

Nigel123d
09-05-2015, 23:03
Im trying to figure this out to. i have a white m sport bmws 1 series e82 coupe ad i want t play with the 1 series in white but it keeps choosing random colours!

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 23:07
hey guys, so i finally figured out how to change the colour of the car i want to drive but when i get into the race its still selecting a random colour scheme and not the colour i chose, after i pick my colour scheme how do i get it to be that colour in the race???

Im trying to figure this out to. i have a white m sport bmws 1 series e82 coupe ad i want t play with the 1 series in white but it keeps choosing random colours!

If you are selecting a car in MP, Select Garage > then Select Car via class then manufactur and then when you select the car you can use the arrow icons to select the liverly.

Pete

BorgX666
10-05-2015, 09:12
thanks for the reply BlackVault but this i already know but when i get on the track its not displaying my chosen colour scheme!, am i missing something somewhere????

Rob Stewart
11-05-2015, 21:18
Yes I can't get the game to remember my chosen car skin either, it's annoying. Also the driver suits and helmets appear to be randomly chosen too, although my PC seems to like the hideous orange suit a little too often for my liking. I hope choices for these will be available in the future, it would be nice to keep your car skin, suit and helmet choice for a whole season or career. We're not all Sebastian 'new helmet every weekend' Vettel.

Marcus_91
11-05-2015, 22:23
This is probably the first car game I have played where I can't or don't know how to change the car color.I drive bumper/ cockpit most of the time so it doesn't bother me as much, but hopefully they make the option clearer ( or make the option all together :confused: ) to change the car color no matter which screen you choose the car on.

nhitrac
11-05-2015, 23:03
Took me forever to work this out. But it was best explained to me in my own thread linked here. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23479-A-few-questions-Replays-and-Car-Liveries).

In short, every race mode (practice, quick race, time trial etc) you choose, you need to go back into the garage whilst in that mode and select your desired skins. Question for the devs, what's the point of the garage in the main screen then???

E.g. Pick Free Practice, on the next screen click on the car. You should now have the 'quick pick' drop down list on the left. On the bottom right quadrant is the 'Garage'. You need to go into that garage, reselect your car and skin. If you do this it should stick with you when you go to drive.

Stupid? Hell yes! I can't think of a more twisted way to go about selecting your skin. Essentially you have to reselect your own car/colour. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. YOU. CHANGE. RACE. MODES....

The reason was that it avoids the car from following you between modes. Well me personally, I rather it follow me between modes. Just one single screen to choose my car/colour.

RANT - And what happens when you accidentally choose a skin you don't like? No you cant simply choose another one, you need to reselect the class, the manufacturer, the model and then the skin! HSDq&*@#$#%@&r^#t sjhgfjkaqsd !!!!111111111

... Yes, i need my morning coffee