PDA

View Full Version : Rear sound effects dont sound right

Jweaver
09-05-2015, 20:08
I am running a Dolby Digital 5.1 setup which sounds awesome for movies and all other games.. But The rear effects in PC sound wrong..

Doing my first season in the Karts it sounded like there were cars right behind me.. But when i looked back they were 10s of car lengths behind...

It just doesnt soun convincing or realistic which is a shame...

Anyone else notice this?

bandidoFPS
10-05-2015, 03:24
You are in the wrong section, this is ps4 discussion only

M13KCS
10-05-2015, 06:31
Hello there I use 7.1 blu tooth sony headphones for total immersion. Firstly the speech audio is almost unhearable and there is no way to change it. Secondly I cant hear the pit feedback with my cans on can this be changed? I am guessing wheels don't have speakers so where does this audio go with them?

Jweaver
10-05-2015, 08:27
You are in the wrong section, this is ps4 discussion only

This is PS4.. When i said PC i ment. "Project Cars".

I am playing it thought my 5.1 surround setup which has been calibrated and tweeks over countless years and its spot on. But the rear effects in P.C are just not convincing.

TheJamess
10-05-2015, 09:28
I agree i won by 17 seconds but it sounded like they were behind me i put it down to the tracks being short and tight so as the other carts are on the other side of the tyres it will sound like they are behind you as they are at the side of you passing if that makes sense the voice feedback comes through the controller and can be adjusted in the audio menu

Jweaver
10-05-2015, 13:49
Exactly... If it were just ambient sound, i wouldnt mind.. But the engines sou d like they are right behind you and mve left and right as you change direction

It gives the impression that the other cars are either on your rear bumper or alomg side.. Yet they are at another point on thr track.

Globaldutchy
10-05-2015, 13:58
I think the sound overall does not match the graphical quality. Especially in the small engine classes like carts etc.