PDA

View Full Version : Deciding which Console to buy it for(this tuesday)....tough choice

knicks0820
09-05-2015, 20:12
Hi Everyone, So I have been really looking forward to this game,and I intended on getting for ps4 since it has slightly better fps.
Now that I am seeing all these people having issues with ghosting,I am worried I will get the game and it will be an issue for me too.
The xbox version seems to have Frame rate issues and sound bugs that some say make game unplayable for them.

Then there is the controllers. Most say the DS4 is better then the xbox controller with this game .
I do prefer the xbox controller with racing games(slightly)

Is the xbox controller able to be dialed in to nice ,un twitchy settings?

I guess I just dont know which version to get ,and I assume there are others in the same boat.
Any advice or thoughts?
I really just want to enjoy the game ,with little fuss.....really been looking forward to it.
Thanks!

theredshore
09-05-2015, 20:15
i am on xbox one and only once has the frame rate gotten so bad i felt like i should stop playing(i didnt) but i hear they are working on that issue, the PS4 version has the engineer talking to you via the controller and not the speakers in the tv so i am not sure if that appeals to you or not

Daynja
09-05-2015, 21:46
theres always a another option :)

PC's are cheap if you know what to buy where to buy. You get all the benefits of a PS4 and none of its downsides. PS4s are 2012/2013 tech that sort of stuff is really cheap now. The other upsides to PC gaming is true 1080P or higher depending on your hardware.Many games are much cheaper at release and on constant sales everywhere (Steam FTW) I paid half of what Steam charged for pCars (DVD gamestopUK 19.97).If yu already have a HD TV which i assume you would have plugged your PS4/xbox into you can dothe same with a PC,or you can buy a sweet monitor for that extra smaller dot pitch HD goodness

So few games on console go above 900p and are stuck at 30 fps (Not always but mostly)

40+fps on a 300-500 pc easily achievable and its much easier top watch por... youtube on PC.

But the choice is yours of course, I am only making a recommendation :)

NemethR
09-05-2015, 21:51
Buy a proper PC. :)

VirtuaMcPolygon
09-05-2015, 21:53
theres always a another option :)

PC's are cheap if you know what to buy where to buy. You get all the benefits of a PS4 and none of its downsides. PS4s are 2012/2013 tech that sort of stuff is really cheap now. The other upsides to PC gaming is true 1080P or higher depending on your hardware.Many games are much cheaper at release and on constant sales everywhere (Steam FTW) I paid half of what Steam charged for pCars (DVD gamestopUK 19.97).If yu already have a HD TV which i assume you would have plugged your PS4/xbox into you can dothe same with a PC,or you can buy a sweet monitor for that extra smaller dot pitch HD goodness

So few games on console go above 900p and are stuck at 30 fps (Not always but mostly)

40+fps on a 300-500 pc easily achievable and its much easier top watch por... youtube on PC.

But the choice is yours of course, I am only making a recommendation :)

Not everyone wants a pc under their telly...

lol no jokes about an xbox and ps4 being one ;)

David McKenna
09-05-2015, 21:55
I was in the same boat, I much prefer my xbox one and it's controller, but I went for the PS4 and have to say it's brilliant. The blurring I noticed when I first played, but don't particularly notice it now. It is believed that a patch is in the works regarding the blurring. I have found no issues with using the DS4 either. No regrets getting Ps4 copy over the Xbox One :)

Sunday Racers
09-05-2015, 22:01
I've got both console versions and right now I'd say that the PS4 version is far superior to the XB1 version.

Hoping for some patches to bring the XB1 version up to scratch.

Still a fantastic game on both consoles though and probably a lot better on PC, but I wouldn't know about that :)

knicks0820
09-05-2015, 22:06
Pc is an option,I would have to upgrade to a much nicer video card.....but I would rather play in living room and not on Pc monitor.....just preference.
It sounds like ps4 version is superior to xbox ,and the safer bet. I will probably go with that.
But thank you all for your opinions

PC49NZ
09-05-2015, 22:15
A top end PC.

Clutch
09-05-2015, 22:18
I bought a PS4 when it first came out and I still regret it.

Got a real PC last week and it is so much better.

But if I was to choose systems I wish I got the xbox one. But apparently there are issues with that and Project Cars (but I am sure they will be fixed soon).

fitz the viking
11-05-2015, 02:06
pc. games are cheaper (project cars on xbone was 40, pc 23, can do more with it. dont have to pay money to play online. you can use xbox controller and xb1 too, i think you can run ps4 contoller on it. You can fit an ssd to your pc so loading times are non existant, i cant believe next gen consoles have scrimped on this. they make a huge difference. i have an xb1 and a pc, not the best mind, a pc you can make for about 400-500 and it wipes the floor with consoles. i would really really seriously consider it.

yusupov
11-05-2015, 02:22
omg he didnt post this on steam whats with you guys lol

Sir Green Day
11-05-2015, 02:30
Buy a proper PC. :)

Yeah! Its much better to play on a tiny monitor sitting in a chair.

No thanks.

I prefer my recliner and 80" TV.

Khyber GT
11-05-2015, 03:44
pcmr should be your only choice

No thanks.

because pc's can't connect to your 80" tv via hdmi or anything right? enjoy your sub 900p upscaled to 1080p then blown up to 80"

fitz the viking
14-05-2015, 07:04

No thanks.

whaaaaat! have you seen the 3 monitor setups people have? no way on earth a shitty little xbone or ps4 could do that.

mister dog
14-05-2015, 07:14
Pc is an option,I would have to upgrade to a much nicer video card.....but I would rather play in living room and not on Pc monitor.....just preference.
It sounds like ps4 version is superior to xbox ,and the safer bet. I will probably go with that.
But thank you all for your opinions

No thanks.

http://www.aaxatech.com/images/faq/Cables/HDMI_Cable.jpg
+
http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/Products/500x500/101/10177/10177898.jpg
+
https://cdn3.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/features/3405790/microsoft_xbox_360_wireless_controller_for_windows_black_.jpg
=
http://offinsted.com/data/couches/8-14.jpg

CeeBee2001
14-05-2015, 08:19
^^ :)^^ Very droll! In all seriousness, I have made a GTX780 rig with 16Gb of gaming RAM for 500. I had to go second hand on the graphics card but so what. I run a HDMI from the card to the TV and sit 12 feet back on the comfort of my sofa. After I've had my fill of Project cars, I edit photos and video and maybe online shop for a while. For an extra 150 OR so, a PC offers so many more possibilities (apart from native online chat I this game....grrrrr) If you can afford it, go PC.

wraithsrike
14-05-2015, 08:53
Didn't the guy ask which " console "?

jim jonez
14-05-2015, 09:04
Lol Funny reading this ...guy ask which console?....people start talking bout PC....

russ555
14-05-2015, 09:10
You can get a machine that will play Pcars at max settings @1080p for under 600 / $950 (would actually be less $ due to lower taxes)

@OP if you are sure you only need a new graphics card the gtx 970 is around 250 -270 including a copy of The Witcher 3. If you are unsure about the rest of your machine post your specs and people will be happy to help or feel free to PM me.

Danno
14-05-2015, 09:16
I have been a PC gamer most of the last 20 years. I have now turned to PS4. Why. Because upgrades ain't required every five minutes. It's just an $$$$$ thing for me. I spent the extra money on a T300RS. The game needs a few tweeks on all platforms, but overall it's bloody good. Not easy, but good.

Life is good

russ555
14-05-2015, 09:19
It's just an $$$$$ thing for me.

That's understandable, what I don't understand is why after saying that you went for the more expensive option ( A console) :confused:

sVig
14-05-2015, 09:56
PS4 version is the way to go really. Plus it's 1080p whereas the Xbox One version isn't. I wanted it for Xbox One because I do prefer my racing games on Xbox and the pad but for this, performance took priority for me so I went for PS4.

As for get a PC, that isn't a useful reply is it.