PDA

View Full Version : Pitstops / Tyre Changing

Northlander
09-05-2015, 20:14
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been mentioned/solved/explained, but how the hell do you change tyres during free practice? I like running test sessions and normal set up a change in weather to test driving in the dry then the wet, but for the life of me when I enter the pits all I get is the mini menu that pops up to select a preset or swap driver, but it does nothing...what am I doing wrong?

Kind Regards

Elmo
09-05-2015, 21:05
From top of my head I would say that you select the preset and than you should be able to tweak it.

Roger Prynne
09-05-2015, 22:26
Press escape and Edit Car Setup.

Northlander
09-05-2015, 22:42
From top of my head I would say that you select the preset and than you should be able to tweak it.

Thanks for the reply, but my problem isn't tweaking them, it's actually carrying out the pitstop. When I enter the pits the car goes into auto drive, but just continues through the pits and no tyre change takes place :-/

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 22:43
Thanks for the reply, but my problem isn't tweaking them, it's actually carrying out the pitstop. When I enter the pits the car goes into auto drive, but just continues through the pits and no tyre change takes place :-/

Have you requested a pit stop prior to entering?

Pete

Andjem
09-05-2015, 22:46
return to the pits and adjust the car setup - most cars will have at least 2 / 3 tyres to choose from

Northlander
09-05-2015, 22:46
Have you requested a pit stop prior to entering?

Pete

I didn't realise you needed to as the small on-screen menu pops up when you enter the pits with your pit strategy and the option to change driver...looking at the control options I see you can map a button for 'request pitstop' Having mapped a button on my wheel for this, I get nothing when I press it :-/

Roger Prynne
09-05-2015, 23:08
Sorry forgot this was a PS4 thread...

Nigel123d
09-05-2015, 23:08
Im trying to figure this out to. i have a white m sport bmws 1 series e82 coupe ad i want t play with the 1 series in white but it keeps choosing random colours!

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 23:09
Im trying to figure this out to. i have a white m sport bmws 1 series e82 coupe ad i want t play with the 1 series in white but it keeps choosing random colours!

Please stop posting this question into other threads. This is the second time you've done it. I have given help in your original thread.

Pete

Northlander
09-05-2015, 23:17
I'm starting to wonder if the 'pit stops' don't work in Free Practice? Bit of a shame if they don't as it limits you practicing different weather, unless you fix it to just one type :(

Roger Prynne
09-05-2015, 23:21
On the PC if doing SP FP you just press Esc and edit car setup and then press Save, then press Drive and you will be heading down the pit lane.
Or are you talking about Career mode?

Northlander
09-05-2015, 23:29
No, just Free Practice...what it is, I set the weather to clear and have it change to Storm at a time of x20 so I can get some laps in under dry conditions, then when it starts raining, I wanted to test how long I could stay out, all I wanted was then to drive into the pits and change onto wets, but like I say, it just goes into auto drive straight through and out without changing

Dam351
02-08-2015, 15:59
I remember it did not let me repair my cars on the first day project cars was released. Like you say it drives straight through, no matter what's needed (usually on 3 wheels for me)

Since then I've just used the return to pits action, and then drive out with obvious visual defects (1 wheel still attached is my worst looking defect)

I say 'looking' because I set some amazing laps for a car with only a left or right side rear wheel on the car, and no front wheels at all. So I concluded its a visual defect only.

I know your op is slightly different situation but I'm guessing that you should be able to 'return to pits' with the menu action, then manually select wet tyres and drive out. Whether they actually show up on your screen idk, but the performance of the new tyre compound should be noticeable.

Paradroid66
03-08-2015, 09:07
Hello Northlander. I am having exactly the same problem. I can only assume that it is because its because we are in free practice and hot off the press, my more google astute workmate has verified that this is the case. I have just recently purchased a t300 rs steering wheel and wanted to use FP to get accustomed to using it. I have got full damage, tire wear and fuel usage on and having a flashing fuel pump to alert me to take some on in the pits only for my car to do a drive through has been abit dismaying. At least I know its how the game rolls rather than a bug in the game. I hope this helps Northlander.