PDA

View Full Version : Overview of track before race

strangnet
09-05-2015, 21:01
I just started my first career in Tier 8 and was surprised that there was no way of getting to know the track before starting the race.
Not even an overview of the layout so I at least had some kind of clue before being thrown into the race.

Any plans of adding this? Feels like a natural part of race preparations.

NemethR
09-05-2015, 21:18
There is such a thing in higher tiers, no idea why Carts do not have it.

BrotherRogue
09-05-2015, 21:23
Im saving career until I feel at least semi comfortable on all the tracks

IRL racing, drivers study the raceway, they've probably driven it tens of times, more than 4 laps a time, I guess we gotta do the same.

"More immersion sir ?"

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 15:29
I agree that more could possibly me done in this regard.

Moved to Feature Suggestions

Pete

theredshore
10-05-2015, 15:36
i agree, i dont know if anyone has played formula one 97 but pre race they would talk about the circuit, give a short overview on the circuit as a whole(this circuit is a nightmare to set up for due to the long straight combined with the tight corners for example) while having a map of the circuit at least on the loading screen

also i would love to see a video like this for all circuits included at the start of the first time you race a circuit, or in a menu where you can view them at your own leisure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iifGtH5I1k

slightly mad studios might recognise the game that trailer is from

Capital_N
10-05-2015, 20:22
I actually came here in order to post a similar suggestion myself. Having a small map of the track on the pit box screen would make a lot of sense.
The issue I have, is the fact that in career mode, the only time you see the full name of the racetrack, including the chosen variation, on which you'll be racing, is during the loading screen. I assume this is some sort of major oversight.

In the race calender both before and after selecting the event, you are only shown the name of the general location but not the actual layout. You have no way of knowing what version of the track you will actually be racing on until you have already entered the race and seen the loading screen. The pit box screen does not show this, either.

I strongly suggest showing the name of the chosen layout in the race calendar and pit box, as this seems to be a simple but major oversight.:cool:

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 22:02
Where the hell am I, where am I going. I hate that feeling after doing various jobs where I had to go somewhere different, getting lost, the involuntary apprehension induced by the mind fill the conscience with fear and dispear. Im ok now, you can put me in the middle of nowhere and I'll laugh!
The game needs a fly by for every little track, with a national flag, a fan fair anthem, and a name of it in the intermediate screens (as well as pit box, etc), like a lot of polished games have. Only in career mode? Maybe get permissions to use real footage that is heavily photoshopped to keep the copywritters happy with the images. Boy, someones gonna have to get a big pot of polish! Lol