PDA

View Full Version : Car Tuning & Setup

HewisLamilton6
09-05-2015, 22:01
Just thought i would start this!

How are people finding car set up, i feel there is so many options i don't know where to start.

Like the car feels fine, but i am just wondering is there anyway i can get more out of the car?

Or has the game go the best setup ready to go on the car or is it a safe setup for all types of racers that suit everyone?

Whats your opinions on it?

Bealdor
09-05-2015, 22:11
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?117-The-Garage-Car-Setup-Talk

;)

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 22:13
The Standard Setups are designed for a stable Car. Not necessary a fast Car^^

The most effective Setup Work where you don't have to know much about cars is the Gearing.

Test it on Track and set i so, that you just reach the Limiter on the longest Straight in the highest Gear.
Then you can tune it further. If you have for example many turns on which you have to shift early up in let's say 2nd Gear. Try to make this Gear a little bit longer..

And so on and so on.

Also the Fuel-Level is important!

In some Cars you can watch your average Fuel consumption per Lap (Motec Display). Now set the Fuel Level so that you have a little bit left over the whole Race...

I be sure some setup gurus will write here also some things...

(I'm just doing Basic Stuff by myself :) )

HewisLamilton6
10-05-2015, 15:04
Thanks for you help, there is just so many options available! The possibilities are endless!! Amazing game!!

Andy Baker
10-05-2015, 16:33
Half of the time the settings won't save for me, especially on the BMW Procar, nearly every time I go back to the garage (after an off) all the settings are back to the way they were a couple of saves before. And don't even get me started on the stupid gear ratios not working, it's pathetic, it was like this 2 years ago when I pulled my money out of the project..

nordoceltic
14-05-2015, 11:46

I personally have not found this to be the case. I've been playing racing games since GT one, and I know this game is far more sim, but damn if I don't have snap, throttle-on oversteer with half the cars. I get about 50% through corner exit, and boom I'm backwards. The fact its practically impossible to counter-steer with a xbox one controller, and the fact that vibration feed back on the same controller is pretty much FUBAR'ed in version 1.0 is not helping me.

I'm still saving up for a wheel though. I hope it will improve the game.

Dam351
25-05-2015, 14:35
For my ps ds4 controller and style of driving I found several cars to be quite friendly with the default setup. These cars will be drivable on bumpy tracks but will have terrible feel on flat tracks with high speed corners for example. A few guys and myself would take these and run a private lobby with long qualification and gently tweaking only 1 area at a time we'd make changes and have a 3-5 lap run, discussing along the way. Quite fun.

But there's a video series on yt which is certainly a good way to learn as you tune. It suggest starting with cars like Formula Rookie, which have fewer basic parts to adjust and when you're accustomed to tuning those things like ride height etc move on to the next tier which will have more options to adjust. By the time your doing LMP1 you'll be fully qualified

JDFSSS
25-05-2015, 14:47

The most effective Setup Work where you don't have to know much about cars is the Gearing.

Test it on Track and set i so, that you just reach the Limiter on the longest Straight in the highest Gear.
Then you can tune it further. If you have for example many turns on which you have to shift early up in let's say 2nd Gear. Try to make this Gear a little bit longer..

And so on and so on.

Also the Fuel-Level is important!

In some Cars you can watch your average Fuel consumption per Lap (Motec Display). Now set the Fuel Level so that you have a little bit left over the whole Race...

I be sure some setup gurus will write here also some things...

(I'm just doing Basic Stuff by myself :) )

This guy is right. You can really find a lot of time just by tuning some of the basic things. Aero/brakes/tire pressure/fuel load/gearing/steering ratio are probably the most straight forward options to tune, and will improve your setup a lot. On most cars you don't have to mess with the other more complex settings to get a fast setup.

edit: also on most setups you can gain some easy speed by simply closing up the radiator and brake ducts a bit. don't be too aggressive though or it will cause overheating.

Dam351
25-05-2015, 14:55
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22501-Project-Cars-Tuning-Sorry i forgot the link. Start with the very 1st video on why tuning is needed. Then the series of 2a to 2f videos will keep you tweaking the right things to improving your faves. I do not know or have any affiliation with the creator, but id recommend them to peoples requiring assistance. They're very easy to follow and let me drive cars with no assists I couldn't drive prior (even with assist on lol)

If link doesn't work just yt TandZproduction
Guide-Spring-amp-castor-guide-(3C-amp-3D)-Now-live!

Dam351
25-05-2015, 14:56
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22501-Project-Cars-Tuning-Sorry i forgot the link. Start with the very 1st video on why tuning is needed. Then the series of 2a to 2f videos will keep you tweaking the right things to improving your faves. I do not know or have any affiliation with the creator, but id recommend them to peoples requiring assistance. They're very easy to follow and let me drive cars with no assists I couldn't drive prior (even with assist on lol)

If link doesn't work just yt TandZproduction
Guide-Spring-amp-castor-guide-(3C-amp-3D)-Now-live!