PDA

View Full Version : Game size 18.5? not mine?

wraithsrike
09-05-2015, 22:37
Guys I've read from the developers that the game size should be 18.5 but mine my son's and my friends all show at 18.1?

We have all un installed the game twice now and re installed but it still only shows 18.1

Can some in the know please explain
Thankyou.

StuWard75
09-05-2015, 22:39
I have the same problem. How do you force the patch that I do not have ?

PumaSpec
09-05-2015, 22:43
'Hard Reset your Console and it should download the patch for you' - Hard Reset: Turn off your console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds / turn off your console and turn the main power off for around 30 seconds.

Alternatively I think you can turn off Automatic updates in the console settings. This will allow you to install the game and manually download the update.

Anyone with more help on this would be great just to clear this up.

Disease
09-05-2015, 22:58
has there been a second patch yet?
there was a small one that popped up on day one whilst installing but haven't heard of any since?

edit: i just checked and my game size is 18.1 but i definitely got the day one patch..?

wraithsrike
09-05-2015, 22:59
'Hard Reset your Console and it should download the patch for you' - Hard Reset: Turn off your console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds / turn off your console and turn the main power off for around 30 seconds.

Alternatively I think you can turn off Automatic updates in the console settings. This will allow you to install the game and manually download the update.

Anyone with more help on this would be great just to clear this up.

Just tried this and nothing?

KnifePartyLFC
09-05-2015, 23:17
Are you sure you hard reset the console? I did this and my game file went from 18.1GB to 18.4GB.

wraithsrike
10-05-2015, 00:09
Are you sure you hard reset the console? I did this and my game file went from 18.1GB to 18.4GB.

Sorted and boy has it made a difference, I'm one happy bunny.

PumaSpec
10-05-2015, 09:34
Sorted and boy has it made a difference, I'm one happy bunny.

Glad you got it to work!

Xfactor68
11-05-2015, 20:12
What meant by turn main power off? Unplug from power unit? You are basically saying turn off twice in instructions...

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 20:15
What meant by turn main power off? Unplug from power unit? You are basically saying turn off twice in instructions...

Turn the console off, then un plug from mains so no power is reaching the unit.

Xfactor68
11-05-2015, 20:18
That's what I thought. Thx.. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something

Bob Loblaw
12-05-2015, 05:16
I can confirm the hard reset automatically installs the patch. If your install reads 18.5 gigs instead of 18.1, you've received the patch. This fixes a few things but I'm still encountering sound problems under braking and periodic dead steering response. Very frustrating.

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 05:25
I can confirm the hard reset automatically installs the patch. If your install reads 18.5 gigs instead of 18.1, you've received the patch. This fixes a few things but I'm still encountering sound problems under braking and periodic dead steering response. Very frustrating.

The sound issue is tied to force feedback, if you set that to "0" in the settings the sound issues are fixed apparently.

SMS are aware of the control issues and the next patch/update should fix it, check the yellow bar at the top of the page (if you have not already done so).

Foosay
12-05-2015, 05:50
Question before I give myself a headache,

Do I need to uninstall the game BEFORE I hard reset, or does the hard reset simply kickstart the update upon the next startup of the game? Thanks in advance!

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 06:03
Question before I give myself a headache,

Do I need to uninstall the game BEFORE I hard reset, or does the hard reset simply kickstart the update upon the next startup of the game? Thanks in advance!

The hard reset is for the console, the Xbox One still has some issues with things not behaving correctly and the reset forces it to refresh and hopefully fix the problem.

Foosay
12-05-2015, 06:07
The hard reset is for the console, the Xbox One still has some issues with things not behaving correctly and the reset forces it to refresh and hopefully fix the problem.

Yeah, I'm on the X1, I just wanted to know if the process is: Uninstall PCars > Hard Reset > Reinstall > Get update prompt/fully download to 18.5Gb

Or if I simply just hard reset and my 18.1Gb game goes to 18.5Gb magically? I'm reading 18.1Gb, and I did the first two races in the Tier 8 Karting series, then I noticed my game was at 18.1, not 18.5.

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 06:09
Yeah, I'm on the X1, I just wanted to know if the process is: Uninstall PCars > Hard Reset > Reinstall > Get update prompt/fully download to 18.5Gb

Or if I simply just hard reset and my 18.1Gb game goes to 18.5Gb magically? I'm reading 18.1Gb, and I did the first two races in the Tier 8 Karting series, then I noticed my game was at 18.1, not 18.5.

The hard reset should help the console to detect the update, it has been working for others, you do not need to uninstall the game.

TenthDan
12-05-2015, 06:14
I've read that if you don't allow the update to install during game install and then install it afterwards you might get a better result if the fresh download doesn't work. Try that.

Foosay
12-05-2015, 06:22
Cool, thanks. Did the hard reset, game now reads 18.5Gb under My Games & Apps! ...now onto the controller settings and I'll be set (I've the sticky link, so we're good there). Thanks again for the assist!