PDA

View Full Version : "Project CARS" not listed in Steam server browser

Gimpymoo
09-05-2015, 22:54
http://i.imgur.com/npjCJs7.png

Is this intentional?

I for one would like to see what is being hosted outside of the game client.

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 22:58
http://i.imgur.com/npjCJs7.png

Is this intentional?

I for one would like to see what is being hosted outside of the game client.

Yes, you can only find the server list within Project Cars itself.

HOpe that helps.

Pete

Gimpymoo
09-05-2015, 23:09
Yes, you can only find the server list within Project Cars itself.

Hope that helps.

Pete

I know you can only find the server list ingame, that is why I asked if it was intentional and if so, why.

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 23:11
I know you can only find the server list ingame, that is why I asked if it was intentional and if so, why.

Sorry, getting tired and didn't read your post properly. Sorry.

Yes I believe so. I think all the servers you see in the Steam list are dedicated servers that can be setup/launched in Steam. Ours doesn't work like that and why it is not in the list.

Pete

Elmo
09-05-2015, 23:31
We are looking into using it. Watch this space :)

Gimpymoo
10-05-2015, 00:52
We are looking into using it. Watch this space :)

Thanks for the reply.

What needs to be changed to enable the functionality?

I do have to say though, I am impressed their is SteamCMD support for the server, jolly good.

Stepan Vondrak
27-05-2015, 08:16
We are not looking into using the out of game browser anytime soon. The "browser" inside the game shows the peer to peer lobbies, and those will never show in the Steam browser because... well it's a dedicated server browser, it does not show p2p lobbies for any game. And the DS's are still very much a work in progress, so we won't ask Valve to show them to public yet, not until the game is modified to be capable of joining empty servers ; you need to "Create" a session on a DS now, same as you create p2p sessions, because the game was not originally designed to join something without a host being already there telling the joining members all game's settings.