PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for better utilization of Impulse Triggers on XB1

Colossal
09-05-2015, 23:12
Currently it's hard to judge the limit of traction and when you spin the rear wheels, and also how close you are to locking up under heavy braking or when you do, and Impulse Triggers are suppose to give very local tactile feedback to the triggers and they aren't, in my opinion, being utilized as well as they could be to help better judge how close you are to, for example, locking up when heavy braking or spinning the wheels when accelerating out of a corner.

Forza 5 utilizes them very well by vibrating whenever you lose traction on the rear wheels (right trigger) or when you are on the braking limit (left trigger in this case -- it vibrates to the maximum if you are on the limit of locking up but not quite, thus being able to judge the braking limit) -- I have heard others suggest the same, it would help alot judging how close you are to locking up the brakes, in Forza 5 the left trigger vibrates when you brake and the closer you are to locking up the more severe the vibration, if you lock up when braking the rest of the controller vibrates also, I believe something like this should be implemented. The right trigger I believe (accelerator) should vibrate when you wheelspin and lose traction, right now it is quite hard to tell exactly how close you are to spinning the wheels or when you do, Impulse Triggers are perfect for this and Forza 5 proves it.

Impulse Triggers are suppose to give local tactile feedback to whatever action that trigger is tied to, it would be really great if they were used to tell us when we're spinning the rears or braking as hard as possible, provides that extra level of immersion.

I love this game so far and in many ways is better than Forza 5, but this is one area in which I believe Forza 5 has done better.

Colossal
10-05-2015, 03:33
Bump! Are bumps allowed in this forum? I don't know.

ocat1979
10-05-2015, 04:15
Trigger rumble was supposed to be in the game but is not working for some reason. Hopefully they can patch it in. I totally agree, the triggers give you great feedback in Forza 5, but without them in PCars I'm pretty much forced to use ABS and TCS because I have no sense of what the wheels are doing through the controller

Patrik Marek
10-05-2015, 04:20
Not working yet, but it's on the list of improvements
No eta though

ocat1979
10-05-2015, 04:26
Thanks Patrick :)

Colossal
10-05-2015, 04:43
Good to know, ideally I would like it to be like Forza 5 with the Impulse Triggers --- allowing us to adjust how strong the vibrations are in the Impulse Triggers would be good also, when it's added.

Bigsteviet
11-05-2015, 13:14
Not working yet, but it's on the list of improvements
No eta though

This makes me happy :)

Beagle Five
11-05-2015, 13:25
This is really a xbox one controller issue, its just to much play without any resistance. Goes for the sticks as well.
Rumbling trigger or not, its just not a good controller.
The 360 was much better and stiffer

Patrik Marek
15-05-2015, 09:12
This is really a xbox one controller issue, its just to much play without any resistance. Goes for the sticks as well.
Rumbling trigger or not, its just not a good controller.
The 360 was much better and stiffer

I would disagree,
XB1 is more precise, feels better in hand, at least that's my experience of it,
but it's very buggy, even on PC, I prefer DualShock4 from PS4 honestly

Perkele
25-07-2015, 08:02
So now we have impulse triggers, thank you for that! Search didn't help me with this and this doesn't need new thread.. but can we adjust amount of trigger impulse we get? I only found out that it's with FFB, so master scale is one way for adjusting it but is there a slide on it's own for triggers?

z3r0cool77
25-07-2015, 17:42
So now we have impulse triggers, thank you for that! Search didn't help me with this and this doesn't need new thread.. but can we adjust amount of trigger impulse we get? I only found out that it's with FFB, so master scale is one way for adjusting it but is there a slide on it's own for triggers?

Would like to know this as well. The rest of the controller vibrates so strongly my hands go numb but the triggers are just a little too subtle. Will any of the sliders effect the triggers specifically?

Sp4mD4gger
25-07-2015, 21:34
I would disagree,
XB1 is more precise, feels better in hand, at least that's my experience of it,
but it's very buggy, even on PC, I prefer DualShock4 from PS4 honestly

The XB1 controller is better, but the springing is very weak compared to the 360 pad, that's what lets it down badly.

AdM1
26-07-2015, 02:55
I have to admit I had my controller set at 50 on FFB before but now its on 100. A separate bar would definitely be pretty cool.

Perkele
26-07-2015, 15:01
I hope it's OK here to bump things for attention.. :D