PDA

View Full Version : Mid Race Saves

Rjrosco
09-05-2015, 23:14
Sorry if this has been answered, can we save mid race in career mode, also if I let the ai take over for a while can I jump back in the car to take over or do I have to let it simulate to the end of the race.
Thanks

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 23:15
Sorry if this has been answered, can we save mid race in career mode, also if I let the ai take over for a while can I jump back in the car to take over or do I have to let it simulate to the end of the race.
Thanks

You can't save mid way through a race but you can indeed go into the pits and ask for the AI to take over. Select the swap driver option when entering the pits.

Hope that helps.

Pete

gormanio
10-05-2015, 02:49
does anyone know how to jump back in the car after the AI? there is no option to bring car back into pits for driver swap or do you just have to wait until next required pit stop?

Blackvault
10-05-2015, 09:27
does anyone know how to jump back in the car after the AI? there is no option to bring car back into pits for driver swap or do you just have to wait until next required pit stop?

Good question, if you press Pause while the car is under AI control do you have an option to request a pit stop?

Pete

gormanio
10-05-2015, 09:44
Good question, if you press Pause while the car is under AI control do you have an option to request a pit stop?

Pete

there is no button to request pit stop when you press pause, but if you go to controller config/assignment you will see there is a pit request option, you just have to assign a button to that, i used R3 on the ps4 as it was the only button left on my controller.

when racing an endurance race and your getting tired or the missus needs some attention just pit, select driver swap and let the AI do a stint, when you are ready to jump back in press your pit request button and you can swap driver again putting you behind the wheel,

so much in this game it really needed an instruction manual, ive had to waste time finding out how to get it to my liking,

WadeOhh
11-05-2015, 06:28
I'm yet to try a driver swap yet, but what does the AI drivers pace tend to be like when you swap? I'm guessing it probably becomes similar to whatever difficulty you've selected, but I'm curious...

Say you have a 20 second lead and everyone comes into the pits, including you, and you do a driver swap. Will they maintain that 20 second lead, or does the AI driver tend to be slower, faster, or random?

gormanio
11-05-2015, 11:52
i havent tried it yet, im waiting to see if they fix the problem with the weather and AI before committing to a full 3+ hour race.

Roger Prynne
11-05-2015, 12:05
I'm yet to try a driver swap yet, but what does the AI drivers pace tend to be like when you swap? I'm guessing it probably becomes similar to whatever difficulty you've selected, but I'm curious...

Say you have a 20 second lead and everyone comes into the pits, including you, and you do a driver swap. Will they maintain that 20 second lead, or does the AI driver tend to be slower, faster, or random?
All I can say is that your AI driver was programmed to be capable of winning a race... just watch him for a few laps and you will see how good he is.

Wayfastwhitey26
30-11-2015, 12:15
Cant stress enough how much this needs to happen. Even if its only do-able to save during pit stops. I ran a 2 hr version of Le Mahn yesterday(an endurance contract in my career). Take the white flag to complete my last lap with a good 30 second lead taking my time, gonna get the win and my system crashes in the final chicane. Blue screen of death. Completely disappointed in the fact that I just wasted 2 hours on nothing. With a midrace save during my last pitstop I could salvage around an hour and 20 mins of my time at least.

Cornflex
30-11-2015, 14:14
I'm waiting for the midrace save option too. I hope they let us save the game anytime not just while pitting.

Cholton82
30-11-2015, 16:29
IMO it's not coming , would liked to be proved wrong however !

JusUK
30-11-2015, 19:20
If you have a PS4, you can pause the game, drop the PS4 into rest mode and hey presto, mid race pause mode.

When you're ready to start racing, fire up the PS4, it should go straight back to Project Cars paused mid race :)

A handy feature of the rest mode for PS4, just don't actually shut the system down!

Cholton82
30-11-2015, 20:20
If I unplug my wheel I lose ffb and I'm pretty sure I'd lose it by putting it into rest mode and then resuming or am I wrong ?

Paulpg87
01-12-2015, 10:12
I think a midrace feature is crucial. Hope they will implement it.
At the moment i'm skipping all the endurance series as the game keeps crashing or has game crashing bugs. It happens with a lot of games, i' m not saying Pcars is not good.
I play to ps4 to have some nice hours, i don't want to get mad because after 3 hours of racing the game crashes.

F1 midsave feature is very well done. GT6 too.

I know we can't have everything but this according to me should be on top in a game with 24 hours races. At the end of the day is game, someone is taking things too seriously.

best regards

Ziggy Battle
16-03-2016, 01:45
I agree, with 12 hours+ as a setting this is really needed. It's extremely more convient.

Wardog85
16-03-2016, 20:33
I would like to save during pit stops. It's kind of disappointing when Le Man's 24 hrs 2002 on ps2 had it and this dose not. Other than that I've liked the game.

Schnizz58
16-03-2016, 21:14
This was something I was pushing for but Ian has already stated that it will not be implemented in PC1 but will be included in PC2. I was as disappointed as you are when I heard this but I did appreciate the honesty.

DNF61
18-03-2016, 16:48
If you have a PS4, you can pause the game, drop the PS4 into rest mode and hey presto, mid race pause mode.

When you're ready to start racing, fire up the PS4, it should go straight back to Project Cars paused mid race :)

A handy feature of the rest mode for PS4, just don't actually shut the system down!

I can confirm this does work. I Used this technique when I ran the 24 hour Le mans Invitational and I only had an hour or so every day or 2 to play during the days or so it took me to complete the 24 hrs. Was actually a little surprised it didn't crash while in rest mode in the multiple overnights it was sitting in rest mode.

Karlos NZ
14-05-2016, 12:13
OK, so I changed to AI driver mid race but when I request pit stop the board comes up and crew chief acknowledges, but AI driver just ignores and keeps on driving. What am I doing wrong?