PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry detail....

Feetabix
10-05-2015, 00:02
Right, I get the tyre/brake temperature thing.....can someone tell me what the following are please?

Little black line extending out from the tyre diagram?

Yellow concentric shockwaves?

Vertical scale next to the diagram?

Bold figure under the tyre?

Yellow line in box, top left hand corner?

On the circular rev counter the tyre representations have irregular vertical lines that seem to change.....what are they for?

Thanks in advance folks!.....

Darren

Patrick Kulinski
10-05-2015, 00:27
- Black line: direction of applied force to each tyre
- Concentric shockwave:
-- Size: Total applied force
-- Colour: grip indicator (see below). The closer you are to the grip limit, the more red the circle becomes.
- Vertical scale: suspension travel
- Bold figure: also a grip indicator. 100 means that you're right at the top of the maximum grip, everything above means that your tyre begins to slide.
- Yellow line: FFB indicator (I don't know whether this is relevant for gamepad rumble, but it definitely is for wheels)
- Tyre in rev counter: You don't mean ytre temperatures, do you? (blue: cold; green: optimal; red: too hot)
- Engine temp: You have to look for the information available in the cockpit I'm afraid (digital dashes or others).

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 00:38
- Concentric shockwave:
-- Colour: grip indicator (see below). The closer you are to the grip limit, the more red the circle becomes.
- Bold figure: also a grip indicator. 100 means that you're right at the top of the maximum grip, everything above means that your tyre begins to slide.
- Yellow line: FFB indicator (I don't know whether this is relevant for gamepad rumble, but it definitely is for wheels)
- Tyre in rev counter: You don't mean ytre temperatures, do you? (blue: cold; green: optimal; red: too hot)
- Engine temp: You have to look for the information available in the cockpit I'm afraid (digital dashes or others).

Patrick, is it too much to ask to screen shot the telemetry hood and write your explanation directly to the graphics? :$ Sorry man! you know them better than me and it would be Ace for users!

Feetabix
10-05-2015, 00:45
Thank you Patrick, that's great.......

Patrick Kulinski
10-05-2015, 00:54
Just because you're such a fine bloke, Aldo:

For a bit more explanation, see post #2 above

JonZ
10-05-2015, 00:57
the black bar from the center of the tyre graphic, is it pulling or pushing force?

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 01:02
You're such a great guy! :D

EDIT: listed here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22964-HELPFUL-POSTS-Check-here-for-Enhancing-Troubleshooting-Game-Experience

Patrick Kulinski
10-05-2015, 01:04
You can say it's the force the ground is pulling the tyre with. For example I'm on the trottle (green bar), andthe tyre's induced rotation makes the ground pull the tyre (and consequently the car) forward. You also can see that there's toe-in at the rear tyres as both are pulled to the car's centre. Under braking those lines would be oriented to the bottom of the screen.

JonZ
10-05-2015, 01:16
nice one about the toe-in, now I can see it.

Mattias
14-05-2015, 07:25
I found a 21-step tuning guide and it mentions to do interior tire temperature - exterior tire temperature to get a value.
Which numbers should I use then in the telemetry data?

I can see 3 numbers above each wheel. Is interior the one value closest to the inner of the car and exterior the one on the outer side?
What about the middle one and what can I use it for?

The guide I'm talking about: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23371-Car-setup-guide

I've tried asking this in other places but haven't really got an answer yet.

Blackvault
14-05-2015, 07:30
I can see 3 numbers above each wheel. Is interior the one value closest to the inner of the car and exterior the one on the outer side?

You are indeed correct. The middle will most likely be the top of the tyre.

I hope his helps.

Pete

donpost
14-05-2015, 08:45
I found a 21-step tuning guide and it mentions to do interior tire temperature - exterior tire temperature to get a value.
Which numbers should I use then in the telemetry data?

The guide I'm talking about: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23371-Car-setup-guide

I've tried asking this in other places but haven't really got an answer yet.

You are correct that the interior value is the one closest to the car.

Unfortunately, you cannot tune camber and tyre pressure using the tyre temperatures as suggested in that guide (yet?). See some testing I did here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22761-Camber-and-tyre-pressure-vs-tyre-temperatures-telemetry

CazzaK77
14-05-2015, 11:56
Thanks Guys... I've been looking for some explanations on the telemetry!

Aldo Zampatti
14-05-2015, 15:04
Thanks Guys... I've been looking for some explanations on the telemetry!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23037-Telemetry-detail&p=892237&viewfull=1#post892237

Check the technical forums, be sure to read ALL the stickied posts :P :)

Burner
15-05-2015, 15:52
when in the force feedback hud there is also sometimes a white line
under the yellow line and gives in corners a tire slip effect.
Do you maybe know something about that?

It is there and when you change something on the setup its gone again?

Qxs
16-05-2015, 04:47
Burner, can you please post your controller type, maybe some of the pc specs.

brooksy
16-05-2015, 14:20
I was just about to ask the same thing about the white line in the ffb hud
im not sure how it came to be there and next race it was gone. and nothing I did I could seem to get it back
and I want it back cause what ever it was made my ffb feel better (that last part may be in my head lol)

im running pcars on pc with a g27 wheel

found this pic in a Google search for info

Burner
16-05-2015, 14:54
Sure Qxs,
Thrustmaster T500 with clubsport pedals v1 and a intel windows 7 based
machine.I had it this afternoon twice 1 time during race haha:D

brooksy
16-05-2015, 15:05
I just found this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/archive/index.php/t-25088.html

and im with them when it was there I could feel me in my wheel I want it back

Bleis
16-05-2015, 19:42
What is the FFB monitor used for ?

JoniKolmonen
18-05-2015, 08:40
This might sound stupid but ive searched the internet, the game but cant find where i can turn on the telemetry hud. Can someone help?

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 08:44
This might sound stupid but ive searched the internet, the game but cant find where i can turn on the telemetry hud. Can someone help?

If you're using the PC, I believe you'll need to assign a key to the Cycle HUD command. I don't think its set out of the box on PC, only on consoles, I think they use the D pad.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Roger Prynne
18-05-2015, 11:19
Yes it is setup by default for G25 anyway... it's down on the D pad and then right on D pad to change telemetry screens.

transfix
30-05-2015, 11:44
So the larger number underneath the tire in essence is the camber date? lower the number the more tire contact you have?

Takesix
30-05-2015, 14:39
How do you change the telemetry hud units? I have the game set to imperial units but the hud shows metric.

transfix
30-05-2015, 21:35
How do you change the telemetry hud units? I have the game set to imperial units but the hud shows metric.

I don't believe those values change, only the speedometer changes.

Stryker44
19-06-2015, 00:16
The "telemetry hud" would be GREAT ... if it wasn't so distorted being stretched across my three monitors. I so badly wish they would fix this like the hud with the speed, lap time and track map. That one stays in the middle screen. IDK .. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard of a fix. I can't even use the "telemetry hud" anymore. Sad because I really like it :(

MULTIVITZ
21-06-2015, 23:47
I would like to be able to read it from the comfort of my arm chair!

Don't forget the bottoming out and topping out indicators.
Don't the slip rings go red when the tyres are grained too?
And alternating tyre temps when they've hot/flat spotted!

So the big numbers underneath the slip rings are a representation of..........................

Anyone?

Tompo
28-06-2015, 16:21
I can't see the temps on the dashboard as im racing so i can never tell whether my engine is too hot or not and that often results in a blown engine. This just happened for me (not the first time).
Therefore i wish there was an engine temp indicator in the telemetry hud.

EDIT: I can't see it in road cars for example.

Fre.Mo
28-06-2015, 16:59
Just because you're such a fine bloke, Aldo:

For a bit more explanation, see post #2 above

No "concentric shockwaves" around the tyre in this picture, so there is no grip?

Judge Edd
01-07-2015, 16:06
on the suspension travel graph lines, at the top there is a white line. now sometimes usually over bumps the line extends down in red for a section or two then disappears. but this only seems to happen for the front left corner no matter what i do with the car. does anyone know what this means? im thinking maybe bump stops or something but right now its only front left. ??? just to clarify both front setups are same completely so if it was suspension related surely it would happen on right side too?

Umer Ahmad
01-07-2015, 16:10
Which car? Wouldn't be the first time we had an asymmetric suspension bug in an SMS game. We can investigate.

Judge Edd
01-07-2015, 16:23
its the mclaren 12C GT3. ok so if its a bug that its one sided what should the red marker mean overall? suspension/bump stops limit being reached? Will check in other cars

Umer Ahmad
01-07-2015, 16:24
right, you're out of suspension travel. Need to raise the heights and/or shorten the bump stops. Give this springs and dampers room to move.

On Nords, I had to go damn near max ride height because it so damn bumpy that the RUF GT3 was just bottoming out the whole time.

Judge Edd
01-07-2015, 16:32
Ok have checked in several cars and yes its only showing the bottoming out on front left corner. Whether thats the case in actuality or just a display error is up for discussion lol. Thanks for helping on setup though. I suspected it was limits but now you have confirmed it I can move ahead with my setup. :) Thanks

PTG Ty1er Ward
05-07-2015, 23:35
Well.....happy to find this post!!!!!! My front left tire gets the "red bump" on every car-every track not matter what I do (temps are also higher front left no matter what I do- without a doubt on XBox- I'll have to double check on PC)

Edit- Just like the picture in post #5

Flihp
06-07-2015, 10:25
i've tried several cars. several tracks. and only left front will ever register a red bump. i can drive over speed humps etc, go offroad, only left front will register. set cars low, soft springs, full of fuel and high downforce, no go, just left front. i am assuming this is a bug, correct?

Phil

AdM1
06-07-2015, 11:53
Yup I get this red bump also, doesn't seem to actually effect the handling too much but seems off how easily it bottoms out to me.

graveltrap
06-07-2015, 12:20
I made a thread on the bump thing in the PS4 forums not sure if it even got one reply! Anyway a couple of replays with telemetry to illustrate...

LMP2 at Le Sarthe (Short clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGvYG9TfiKU

Bentley GT3 at the Nordschelife (full lap)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw-P6NQPAfU

You only ever get the red bar appear on the front left corner.

PTG Ty1er Ward
06-07-2015, 12:56
i've tried several cars. several tracks. and only left front will ever register a red bump. i can drive over speed humps etc, go offroad, only left front will register. set cars low, soft springs, full of fuel and high downforce, no go, just left front. i am assuming this is a bug, correct?

Phil

It has to be. Reading your post just made me realize that through the process of trying everything to get rid of it I've never actually seen any of the other three corners hit the red lol

tclancey
18-09-2015, 11:39
Still no answer on the ladder gauge turning red. (Grrr!)

Bealdor
18-09-2015, 11:41
Still no answer on the ladder gauge turning red. (Grrr!)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39334-Telemetry-questions&p=1122070&viewfull=1#post1122070

tclancey
18-09-2015, 11:46
That thread does not explain the gauge turning red, and why it's only the left front. Can you confirm this is a bug?

Roger Prynne
18-09-2015, 11:49
YES it is a bug.

Bealdor
18-09-2015, 11:53
That thread does not explain the gauge turning red, and why it's only the left front. Can you confirm this is a bug?

That's what I wrote in my post over there. ;)

tclancey
18-09-2015, 11:58
Ahhhh. Ok, in that case I apologise. Thanks for the confirmation. With people claiming it was bump stop and my setups must have been seriously wrong I was starting to go mad!

Netminder
17-10-2015, 02:25
- Concentric shockwave:

In the vertical graph for suspension travel, what does it mean when the black line at the top grows and ends up turning red from time to time? It is always more pronounced at the front right for me and only seems to turn red at that tire.

Doge
17-10-2015, 18:33
On the top left there´s a line representing the FFB you get. Sometimes, inside the same square, a white line appears under the first one.

EVERYTIME that white line appears the wheel vibrates a lot for no reason at all as son as you turn a bit. Happened since 1.0, still not fixed today.:rolleyes:

Then you go back to pits, out again, and it´s gone (both the line and the vibration). If you catch this in the middle of a long stint, you´re screwed.

Doge
19-10-2015, 23:31
On the top left there´s a line representing the FFB you get. Sometimes, inside the same square, a white line appears under the first one.

EVERYTIME that white line appears the wheel vibrates a lot for no reason at all as son as you turn a bit. Happened since 1.0, still not fixed today.:rolleyes:

Then you go back to pits, out again, and it´s gone (both the line and the vibration). If you catch this in the middle of a long stint, you´re screwed.

Bump. Anyone knows what the hell is this?

inthebagbud
20-10-2015, 06:19
There are a few posts about this but buried in other threads so hard to find. If my memory serves me right the white line was used in development for testing purposes and shouldn't have made it to the retail version. Why it randomly appears for some users is unknown , but basically means that something has gone astray with your ffb and like you say you have to pit or restart to get rid of it..

Probably not the best explanation but that's the gist of it

Found this mention of it http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40783-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes&p=1149348&viewfull=1#post1149348

3800racingfool
09-12-2015, 03:44
Commence thread necro.

Ok. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the color of the shockwave circles under each tire indicator indicates grip level yes? If so, shouldn't it turn red if a tire locks up? (lockup = no grip on that tire right?)

Frizbe
14-12-2015, 18:22
Commence thread necro.

Ok. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the color of the shockwave circles under each tire indicator indicates grip level yes? If so, shouldn't it turn red if a tire locks up? (lockup = no grip on that tire right?)

I believe it is a friction circle, I'm not home to test butt I believe it does turn red but then it also becomes very small so you can't see it because there is longer any friction between then tire and road. I'll try to remember to test when I'm home.

BrightDark
08-02-2016, 15:49

YES it is a bug.

Ok, now I know why the front left bump stop goes red so often. It's still a bug?

I have searched a bit, but I can't find a precise answer to what "Travel" and "Height" are representing. Travel could be the distance from the ground, or the suspension travel. Like how close the suspension is from the bump stop. And "Height" is more likely the distance from the ground. But in case, which distance?

Edit:
I searched a bit more, on google this time, and I wonder if the following is correct:

"Travel"
Example: If the suspension can move 100mm in total, and is compressed 50mm by the chassis weight, it can then move 50mm in each direction. The "Travel" number displays the remaining distance the suspension can be compressed? The "bottom" 50mm?

"Height"
The number displays the distance to the ground from the lowest point at each corner of the car?