PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboards not diverse enough, FA, FB & FC cant be on the same leaderboard

Jim sublime5446
10-05-2015, 00:53
First of all i would like to say congratulations to everyone at SMS for creating a brilliant game, however your brilliant game could be a legendary game if the leaderboards in the game were set up properly, i cannot help but think that you have not considered people who want to race in a specific class of car such as G3 or GT4.

The leaderboards are not diverse enough, you cant have Formula C times on the same leaderboard as Formula A, nor can you have GT5 on the same leaderboard as GT3, you have gone to great lengths to create many vehicle categories of cars such as FA and FB. When playing online you have to choose a category of cars such as GT3 and everyone in that lobby must race in GT3 cars to keep the racing competitive so it does not make sense for the leaderboards to be set up differently. People may want to only concentrate on Formula B cars but their times will never be high on the leaderboards because the Formula A times will always be faster, this for me has already destroyed much of the replayability of the game for me as people are already setting lap times in Formula A cars that i am 15 seconds slower than.

I have decided i like GT3 cars but these will never top the GT leaderboard because the Zonda R is 6-7 seconds a lap faster. My point is you really need to seperate the leaderboards into seperate categories such as Formula A and Formula B.

If anyone agrees with what i have to say here please leave a comment below and hopefully someone at SMS will implement these changes into the game one day.

driverpig
10-05-2015, 03:40
It's been mentioned by others as well.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22884-request-leaderboards-for-each-car

Basically a technical limitation on the console platforms restricts the total number of leaderboards.

Lots of Cars * Lots of Tracks = Tons of Leaderboards.

In better news the Events have individual leaderboards so an FB event at Brands would be FB only.

Cliffyboy1962
10-05-2015, 08:36
It's been mentioned by others as well.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22884-request-leaderboards-for-each-car

Basically a technical limitation on the console platforms restricts the total number of leaderboards.

Lots of Cars * Lots of Tracks = Tons of Leaderboards.

In better news the Events have individual leaderboards so an FB event at Brands would be FB only.

Forza had lots of tracks, lots of cars, lots of classes and friends = megatons of leaderboards. How did they overcome the technical limitation ? Copy what they did.

Jim sublime5446
10-05-2015, 08:43
Its just really disappointing that the game has been advertised as a game for racers by racers but an imbalanced leaderboard system means good racers will never post good times with their chosen vehicle category. Im sure SMS could invest in more servers from Microsoft/Sony to store the additional ghosts. If more content is to come for Project CARS this issue needs addressing.

X Gabe 62 X
10-05-2015, 13:23
Forza had lots of tracks, lots of cars, lots of classes and friends = megatons of leaderboards. How did they overcome the technical limitation ? Copy what they did.

Have to agree.... Forza had too many if anything: one for every class of car F to R1 and every track combo.

At least have the main classes paired to say a dozen of the main/favourite tracks.

Have to agree with op strongly.